Image ImageImage Image

2017-18 Bulls Schedule

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: 2017-18 Bulls Schedule 

Post#21 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:51 am

I guess we should get use to not getting any nationally televised games for the near future.

The only down fall is there is no escape from King and Funk. Doh!
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#22 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:57 pm

jcuuofd wrote:With the number 1 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft the Chicago Bulls select......Marvin Bagley III from Duke

Fixed
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,805

Post#23 » by jc23 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:26 pm

The Bulls schedule is really just the college schedule of the top 5 prospects this year.
Be curious, Not judgmental
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#24 » by molepharmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Bulls far and away have the biggest drop in National TV Games from '16-17 to '17-18.

team..............16/17....17/18
Atlanta Hawks......8......0
Boston Celtics ......22......25
Brooklyn Nets...... 1......0
Charlotte Hornets... 3......3
Chicago Bulls....... 25......1
Cleveland Cavals ......25......27
Dallas Mavericks......9......6
Denver Nuggets...... 3......9
Detroit Pistons...... 6......4
Golden State Warr.... 28......31
Houston Rockets...... 13......28
Indiana Pacers...... 11......1
LA Clippers........... 26......19
LA Lakers........... 15......23
Memphis Grizzli......5......3
Miami Heat ..........5......5
Milwaukee Bucks.... 3......10
Minnesota Timbers... 11......17
New Orleans Pelic......4......8
New York Knicks...... 22......8
Oklahoma City Thu... 22......27
Orlando Magic........ 1......0
Philadelphia 76ers .....3......14
Phoenix Suns........... 4......4
Portland Trail Blaze.....14......11
Sacramento Kings...... 2......4
San Antonio Spurs...... 23......24
Toronto Raptors...... 6......5
Utah Jazz .............7......7
Washington Wizar..... 5......18
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#25 » by Payt10 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Yikes.. Right at the bottom. I still don't understand how that happened. I mean, it's not like I want them to be on TV a lot when they're bad, but they're still Chicago. It just seems weird to me.

Meanwhile, the Lakers have 35 games on National TV. Give me a break.

But at least that TNT home streak will still be in tact for another year :lol:
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#26 » by BeKuK » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Well, the schedule pretty much sucks for me since I will be in Chicago next march. At least I can try to catch some college games.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#27 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:34 pm

I like it, there's like 4 Sunday afternoon 2:30 games.

2 of them vs MIA oddly.

You know the players are happy to be home for XMAS

less national TV games than DETROIT and MILWAUKEE is sad-
the amazing thing will be if we finish tops in attendance again. I think we still could.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#28 » by sco » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:37 pm

I like the season starting earlier!

66 days to go.
:clap:
inescape
Pro Prospect
And1: 399

Post#29 » by inescape » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Did we ever lose at home on TNT during the regular season? Looks like the streak will live on.
Who needs to see when the Bulls aren't on?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#30 » by League Circles » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:40 pm

It's ridiculous that the Bulls aren't playing on Christmas. I don't even know who is playing but there's no way someone can convince me that 10 other teams are better TV draws on Christmas than the Bulls.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#31 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 am

League Circles wrote:It's ridiculous that the Bulls aren't playing on Christmas. I don't even know who is playing but there's no way someone can convince me that 10 other teams are better TV draws on Christmas than the Bulls.

If I were making the schedule, I wouldn't air the Bulls either. The Minnesota home game isn't even a big enough national story to get on. It's not like Butler was D-Rose, or something.

The NBA has a clear formula: Don't schedule awful teams unless they have a box office attraction or . Otherwise, you want to avoid blowouts and Chicago is going to get killed by everyone next season. So, that's why the Knicks (Porzingis) and the Lakers (LaVar, Lonzo) are on the slate. If someone from the Bulls becomes exciting, we'll be back on TV.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,633

Post#32 » by DuckIII » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 pm

Payt10 wrote:Yikes.. Right at the bottom. I still don't understand how that happened. I mean, it's not like I want them to be on TV a lot when they're bad, but they're still Chicago. It just seems weird to me.

We're pretty much in the only scenario for a major franchise like the Bulls to get so little national air time. We have no story to sell, except for one game against Minnesota: Jimmy's return. Lavine and Dunn aren't important enough for their return to Minny to warrant any national attention. And no one gives a crap about Wade.

We're tanking.

And we have no big draw, tantalizing young talent to draw outside curiosity. And we're going to be in the same situation for several years.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#33 » by DASMACKDOWN » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Payt10 wrote:Yikes.. Right at the bottom. I still don't understand how that happened. I mean, it's not like I want them to be on TV a lot when they're bad, but they're still Chicago. It just seems weird to me.

We're pretty much in the only scenario for a major franchise like the Bulls to get so little national air time. We have no story to sell, except for one game against Minnesota: Jimmy's return. Lavine and Dunn aren't important enough for their return to Minny to warrant any national attention. And no one gives a crap about Wade.

We're tanking.

And we have no big draw, tantalizing young talent to draw outside curiosity. And we're going to be in the same situation for several years.

The league cant seem to get enough of the Lakers or Knicks though no matter what their situation is. Knicks have been perpetually bad for years and still gets the national tv audience. Im not even using KP as the reason (although he is a draw). This has been going way before him.

The Lakers didnt have any intriguing player last year when Kobe left, still had a handful of games. This year for them, Lavar Ball will be as big or even bigger story than Lonzo. I think Lonzo will be great for them, probably win ROY, but he isnt a draw because he is exciting or anything like that. But Lavar Ball's mouth is always Must See TV apparently.

But in the leagues defense, they can only be reactionary when it comes to schedule.

If Markkanen ends up being a really good player and a top rookie or Lavine comes out high flying and a top scorer, next year the big handful of national games will return.
The Cult of Personality
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#34 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:40 pm

DuckIII wrote:

We're tanking.

I actually think the uncertainty of how long Wade will stay on the roster affected us getting only 1 national TV game. If people knew he would be here for the whole season, then I think the NBA gives us some games on TNT and espn. Nothing major, but maybe 8 or 10 combined.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: RE: Re: 2017-18 Bulls Schedule 

Post#35 » by Red Larrivee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

We're tanking.

I actually think the uncertainty of how long Wade will stay on the roster affected us getting only 1 national TV game. If people knew he would be here for the whole season, then I think the NBA gives us some games on TNT and espn. Nothing major, but maybe 8 or 10 combined.
Good point. They also might be accounting for the fact that he's not going to play as much and could take more healing days so younger players can play.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#36 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:43 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

We're tanking.

The league cant seem to get enough of the Lakers or Knicks though no matter what their situation is. Knicks have been perpetually bad for years and still gets the national tv audience. Im not even using KP as the reason (although he is a draw). This has been going way before him.

The Lakers didnt have any intriguing player last year when Kobe left, still had a handful of games. This year for them, Lavar Ball will be as big or even bigger story than Lonzo. I think Lonzo will be great for them, probably win ROY, but he isnt a draw because he is exciting or anything like that. But Lavar Ball's mouth is always Must See TV apparently.

But in the leagues defense, they can only be reactionary when it comes to schedule.

If Markkanen ends up being a really good player and a top rookie or Lavine comes out high flying and a top scorer, next year the big handful of national games will return.

If marrkannen and lavine show that, the nba could always switch a few national TV games around.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#37 » by League Circles » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

I hope my relatives understand that this means no christmas gifts or celebration this year.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,406

Post#38 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:16 pm

DuckIII wrote:

We're tanking.

And that's fine! Bring on the tank.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#39 » by molepharmer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:11 pm

National schedule is heavily into the West. No real surprise considering the marquee teams. Not counting the games on NBA TV, there are 35 East vs East matchups and 70 West vs West.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,633

Post#40 » by DuckIII » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:53 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

We're tanking.

And that's fine! Bring on the tank.

Absolutely. I've never cared about how many nationally televised games we get. The only one I ever care about is getting a Christmas game because there is some sentimental value in that based on holiday traditions in my house. But outside of that, it means nothing to me.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls