Image ImageImage Image

Final Roster Cuts predictions-rotations

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect
And1: 510

Final Roster Cuts predictions-rotations 

Post#1 » by letsgobulls23 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:32 pm

Just wanted to get an on-going conversation about who has looked solid this preseason and who will probably be cut before the season starts.

Right now I think the roster looks something like this

PG = Grant, Dunn, unfortunately Payne, Antonio Blakeney, Ryan Arcidiacono
SG = LaVine, Holiday, Nwaba, Bronson Koenig
SF = Zipser, Valentine, Pondexter, Jarrell Eddie
PF = Portis, Niko, Lauri, Jaylen Johnson
C = Lopez, Felicio, Diamond Stone

With these 20 guys on the roster, 5 of these won't be here to start the season. I think Koenig, Eddie, Johnson are gone for sure. Probably Stone and Arcidiacono as the last 2 cut.

I'd love to see them cut Payne and just move on in all honesty. I'd keep Stone over Payne but that's probably just me.

What do you guys think? We've looked great shooting the ball surprisingly. Maybe Hoiberg really does have some kind of offense... :lol: :lol:
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Re: Final Roster Cuts predictions 

Post#2 » by RememberLu » Sat Oct 7, 2017 3:59 pm

You think we'll cut Arcidiano with Dunn being injured?
SlimD235
Assistant Coach
And1: 483

Post#3 » by SlimD235 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:25 pm

Aren't some of these 2 way deals with GLeague? They'll still remain on our affiliate team... No?
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by letsgobulls23 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:35 pm

SlimD235 wrote:Aren't some of these 2 way deals with GLeague? They'll still remain on our affiliate team... No?

Arcidiacono and Blakeney are 2 way deals I believe and I think that is how things work, although I'm not sure lol
letsgobulls23
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by letsgobulls23 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:37 pm

RememberLu wrote:You think we'll cut Arcidiano with Dunn being injured?

I do I think Dunn, Grant, Payne are locks and they'll have to pick between Arcidiacono and Blakeney. How could they bring 5 points into the season
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#6 » by MrSparkle » Sat Oct 7, 2017 4:58 pm

I think Payne will be let go.
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#7 » by SimonFish » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:05 pm

this is not even a question. the roster limit is 15+2.
Arcidiacono and Blakeney are on two way deals so they will stay.
eddie, koenig and johnson will get cut.
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#8 » by Evil_Headband » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:09 pm

Arcidiacono and Blakeney to the G-League. (Although Arcidiacono might start the season with the team due to Dunn and Payne being hurt.)

Koenig, Johnson, Eddie cut.

That makes 15. Stone might be cut for the extra roster slot. (Gar's flexibility!) Nwaba makes the team.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#9 » by MC3 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter

so guys who played least will get cut. Koenig, Johnson and Eddie.
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#10 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Sat Oct 7, 2017 5:40 pm

With the way he's played I don't think Nwaba should be considered a lock at this point. I would like to see some more of Stone even though he would have a tough path to playing time
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#11 » by MrSparkle » Sat Oct 7, 2017 6:04 pm

I think Nwaba's occasional monster dunks will be much needed relief for the fans during this season of downs.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,473

Post#12 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:40 pm

PG = Grant, Dunn, Payne, Antonio Blakeney, Ryan Arcidiacono

I think the 13 bolded are the rotational locks. I believe Stone has a guaranteed contract and Pondexter will probably carve out the last 2 spots.

Blakeney and Arcidiacano are 2 way contracts so they will be on roster. They dont count towards the 15 roster spots though so that works out.

So after today we'll say bye-bye to Eddie, Koenig and Johnson unless one of them blows up tonight and Pondexter isn't ready to fully play yet.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#13 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:50 pm

letsgobulls23 wrote:Just wanted to get an on-going conversation about who has looked solid this preseason and who will probably be cut before the season starts.

With these 20 guys on the roster, 5 of these won't be here to start the season. I think Koenig, Eddie, Johnson are gone for sure. Probably Stone and Arcidiacono as the last 2 cut.

I'd love to see them cut Payne and just move on in all honesty. I'd keep Stone over Payne but that's probably just me.

What do you guys think? We've looked great shooting the ball surprisingly. Maybe Hoiberg really does have some kind of offense... :lol: :lol:

Stone is on a guarunteed contract, and Arcidiacono is on a two way contract so he doesn't count towards the original 15 (along with Blakeney).

I think they will cut Eddie, Koeing, and Johnson.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#14 » by rowseyna » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:37 pm

letsgobulls23 wrote:Just wanted to get an on-going conversation about who has looked solid this preseason and who will probably be cut before the season starts.

We should clarify some things. Blakeney and Arcidiacono won't be "cut." They're already under contract as two-way players. Grant, Dunn, Payne, LaVine, Holiday, Zipser, Valentine, Pondexter, Portis, Niko, Lauri, Lopez, and Felicio are all rostered on NBA contracts and guaranteed Chicago Bulls to start the season. That's 13 players. So really, the only guys the Bulls have the option to cut are Nwaba, Koenig, Eddie, Johnson, and Stone. I think it's extremely likely that they'll keep Nwaba as their 14th player. I also think it's extremely likely that Koenig, Eddie, and Johnson are all cut and picked up by the WCB.

The real discussion centers around the 15th spot. The Bulls don't have to fill it. If they want they can cut Stone as well and roll with 14. That would allow them to bring up Blakeney or Arcidiacono as they please. I think that's the most likely option. I imagine they'll cut Stone and he'll join the WCB, as well. I think for most of the year they'll just go with 14 guys and then sprinkle in Blakeney or Arcidiacono based on injuries. I think they may keep Arcidiacono with the Chicago Bulls to start the season (using some of his 45 allotted days to be with Chicago) as they're dealing with injuries to Cam and Dunn. Once Dunn comes back healthy, I think they'll send Arcidiacono back down to the WCB and continue with 14 rostered players.

The WCB should be very good and interesting this year with Arcidiacono, Blakeney, Stone, and possibly Koenig, Eddie, and/or Johnson. Keeping the open roster spot makes sense as they may still look to add a contract and a draft pick.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,473

Post#15 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sun Oct 8, 2017 11:50 pm

rowseyna wrote:

We should clarify some things. Blakeney and Arcidiacono won't be "cut." They're already under contract as two-way players. Grant, Dunn, Payne, LaVine, Holiday, Zipser, Valentine, Pondexter, Portis, Niko, Lauri, Lopez, and Felicio are all rostered on NBA contracts and guaranteed Chicago Bulls to start the season. That's 13 players. So really, the only guys the Bulls have the option to cut are Nwaba, Koenig, Eddie, Johnson, and Stone. I think it's extremely likely that they'll keep Nwaba as their 14th player. I also think it's extremely likely that Koenig, Eddie, and Johnson are all cut and picked up by the WCB.

The real discussion centers around the 15th spot. The Bulls don't have to fill it. If they want they can cut Stone as well and roll with 14. That would allow them to bring up Blakeney or Arcidiacono as they please. I think that's the most likely option. I imagine they'll cut Stone and he'll join the WCB, as well. I think for most of the year they'll just go with 14 guys and then sprinkle in Blakeney or Arcidiacono based on injuries. I think they may keep Arcidiacono with the Chicago Bulls to start the season (using some of his 45 allotted days to be with Chicago) as they're dealing with injuries to Cam and Dunn. Once Dunn comes back healthy, I think they'll send Arcidiacono back down to the WCB and continue with 14 rostered players.

The WCB should be very good and interesting this year with Arcidiacono, Blakeney, Stone, and possibly Koenig, Eddie, and/or Johnson. Keeping the open roster spot makes sense as they may still look to add a contract and a draft pick.

Stone is a guaranteed deal, signed to the team for 2 years so he wont be given up. The bulls have 15 contracted guys right now so it is pretty safe to assume that Eddie, Johnson and Koenig will be released and picked up by WCB. I think if anyone would be cut besides those three it would likely be Pondexter since we know what we'd be getting from him, they'll keep Stone to see what he could develope into

Stone will spend a lot of time down in the G-League as well i would bet, i agree with you in that Arcidiacano will stay up to begin the season until Dunn/Payne are back. Although i could easily see them keeping Blakeney instead for scoring.
holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Post#16 » by holv03 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:33 am

I would like the Bulls to let Payne go. I think that Arcidiacano is better for the team. He's a very good passer and run the offense solid his only problem is that he's not very athletic but compare to Payne he's a better player. Payne sucks.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,929

Post#17 » by meekrab » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:13 am

Is Pondexter even medically cleared to practice? I don't think he's ever going to dress for a game.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#18 » by Jvaughn » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:57 am

holv03 wrote:I would like the Bulls to let Payne go. I think that Arcidiacano is better for the team. He's a very good passer and run the offense solid his only problem is that he's not very athletic but compare to Payne he's a better player. Payne sucks.

Archie has looked like pure trash. Can't really say that I've seen anything that indicates he can play at this level.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#19 » by FriedRise » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:10 am

Read on Twitter
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#20 » by Evil_Headband » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:14 am

How do these 45 days for the two-way contracts work? Can it be 45 games? I'm guessing not. I think it's clear Arcidiacano will start the season with the Bulls due to the Dunn injury. The question is if they'll sign him to a full-season regular contract.

Return to Chicago Bulls