Image ImageImage Image

Bulls claim Kay Felder off waivers

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Re: Bulls claim Kay Felder off waivers 

Post#61 » by DASMACKDOWN » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 pm

I love it! Just like how Chicago loved Nate, the will love Felder. He will be a crowd favorite.
The Cult of Personality
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#62 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Felder has a lot of isaih thomas and nate Robinson in him, this is a dangerous move for those who want to tank.

We can't underestimate how bad the league is on the bottom. It's a legit 10 teams that want a top 3 pick, and many of them already stopped showing effort in the preseason. The last thing you need is a team getting wins over teams that have quit in march and april. Felder, lavine, markennen, holiday and lopez could be stealing wins late in the season if they continue competing. Don't know if it's a smart move to add a guy who can come in and score in bunches.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#63 » by MC3 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Felder has a lot of isaih thomas and nate Robinson in him, this is a dangerous move for those who want to tank.

We can't underestimate how bad the league is on the bottom. It's a legit 10 teams that want a top 3 pick, and many of them already stopped showing effort in the preseason. The last thing you need is a team getting wins over teams that have quit in march and april. Felder, lavine, markennen, holiday and lopez could be stealing wins late in the season if they continue competing. Don't know if it's a smart move to add a guy who can come in and score in bunches.

bulls said they will anything to win lottery. I dont trust them, but let's see it. I must guess they will try move lopez or holiday or both of them soon opportunity comes. Or cut their minutes if we start winning games. There is no point in trying to win lottery if vets on this team play big role and major minutes.
Bulls_Fan
Head Coach
And1: 815
Location: Don't mess with the BULLS young man, you'll get the horns

Post#64 » by Bulls_Fan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:09 am

MC3 wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Felder has a lot of isaih thomas and nate Robinson in him, this is a dangerous move for those who want to tank.

bulls said they will anything to win lottery. I dont trust them, but let's see it. I must guess they will try move lopez or holiday or both of them soon opportunity comes. Or cut their minutes if we start winning games. There is no point in trying to win lottery if vets on this team play big role and major minutes.

Holiday is on a nice cheap contract. I'd hope they could snag an early 2nd round pick. I won't dream to think they could get a 1st rounder for him but he could be a nice pickup for a Western Conference team.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#65 » by weneeda2guard » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:21 am

MC3 wrote:

This is garpax, it would not shock me to see the team totally switch the plan mid season. They can't stick to anything.

I'm not totally convinced anymore that the jimmy move was simply to tank. A part of me feels they really didn't like jimmy , def didn't want to pay him and felt jimmy was stunting the implementation of hoiball.

So if lavine comes in and shines very bright, holiday is already looking like a light version of jimmy, and something good comes out of markennen, Felder and even niko, this team could def say screw it, tell those guys fight for the playoffs earn they millions from playoff revenue and add a couple players in free agency. I wouldn't be shocked at all if that became the plan , hell a part of them would love it to be that way to rub it in everyone nose they are a quality front office and it was just jimmy holding them back.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,160

Post#66 » by SHO'NUFF » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 am

Why are we calling Ryan Arcidiacono "Archie" ....it's 1/3 of his last name for goodness sake.

Unless that's his real life nickname?
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Chi
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#67 » by Chi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 am

Stratmaster wrote:
Chi wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:I don't understand the fascination with Felder.

I don't understand the pessimism with Felder.

;feature=player_embedded

C'mon now..you have been on this board long enough to understand that the Bulls could pick up the next Magic Johnson and half this board would blast them...simply because the Bulls FO can be given no credit. We have uproars over who we invite to camp spots when we know they will never see an NBA court.

(Of course, Felder is no Magic Johnson. That was a hyperbolic name drop for effect as some don't seem to be able to be able to differentiate).

No. I understand...

Shame that our players will be devalued because of who brought them here. But that's reality I guess.

Not to say that I like or support GarPax either btw... But I hold no grudges on their players because of them. The players can create my grudges all by themselves... :lol:
Chi
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Chi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:35 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:Why are we calling Ryan Arcidiacono "Archie" ....it's 1/3 of his last name for goodness sake.

I do it just because I'm not a fan... So I guess your point is correct...
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#69 » by Payt10 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:36 am

SHO'NUFF wrote:Why are we calling Ryan Arcidiacono "Archie" ....it's 1/3 of his last name for goodness sake.

I can never remember how to spell his last name. Archie is easier. I even called him by his initials one time to shorten it up even more :lol:
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#70 » by Stratmaster » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 am

Hangtime84 wrote:So **** happy cam Payne is gone!!!!

You know the old saying "Gone but not forgotten"?

In this case he is forgotten, but not gone.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#71 » by rtblues » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:43 am

Felder >>>> Archie
Period, the End.
He can bring the ball up against pressure, leap, and get his own shot, three Archie can't do.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,758

Post#72 » by Jeffster81 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 am

Not going to lie never heard of the guy. Quite frankly i thought Kay Felder is a name of a jewelry store chain.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#73 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 am

Habs72 wrote:

Just what i wrote in the trade thread 5th of October 8-), will be fascinating to see what he will bring as he is really feisty and bouncy with a 44" vertical. High energy guy.

bulls front office is just pg crazy. is this fire for kris dunn. hes our starting pg of the future. I guess chi is expecting a injury.and why is everyone so critical of cam payne. the man has scoring skills.felder is definently the fourth pg off the bench. its really arcidiacono who is last. regurardless of his pg skills I don't think the fo has any intention on playing him in the regular season.so now its grant and felder as the backup. dunn comes back hes the backup then wins the starting spot during the season
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#74 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:04 am

I think his great vall handling and shiftiness will be great for our other PGs to defend in practice.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#75 » by Evil_Headband » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:10 am

Kind of weird that the Cavs threw in cash and picks to dump Felder and Jefferson when the Bulls had interest in Felder. Cavs and Bulls should have worked out something better.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#76 » by fleet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 am

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:This team just got a lot better.

I am 100% serious.

It's all relative, of course, going from "pretty, pretty, pretty horrible", to "pretty, pretty horrible". Or possibly "pretty horrible".

Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#77 » by sco » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:02 am

I feel like this is my fantasy basketball team. You know how when you don't draft a good guy at one position, you end-up picking-up a bunch of "potential" guys, hoping that one of them pans-out. It is likely we don't have a good PG on the roster. I'm all for try-out everyone we can find until someone sticks.
:clap:
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#78 » by SimonFish » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:03 am

Chicago Bulls - where you have a million of point guards but none of them are good.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,467

Post#79 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:08 am

Wish we had kept Stone and waived Payne...but idk, i'm not high on Felder either but i'm willing to see what he has in the tank
Chi
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by Chi » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 am

Not sure why he wouldn't be in the competition with Dunn and Grant...

I think he has as much if not way more potential than both of them...

Return to Chicago Bulls