Image ImageImage Image

Your Rotation PT Preferences

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Your Rotation PT Preferences 

Post#1 » by League Circles » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 am

Well now that we have a finalized roster, let's all say our PT preferences. I'm approaching this question from a beginning of the season perspective. Basically, this is about what I want Fred to try for at least the first 12-15 games no matter what, so I am excluding Lavine though he'll make this a different question soon enough. Also excluding Dunn for the moment.

C: Lopez 14, Felicio 24, Lauri 10
PF: Niko 30, Lauri 10, Portis 8
SF: Zipser 24, Valentine 24
SG: Holiday 24, Nwaba
PG: Grant 32, Felder 16

I want to really limit Holiday and Lopez. They are two of our best players (might even be the two best haha), but are old. I don't want their help much. But, you have to be somewhat fair for culture sake and they're not 35 years old either.

I think this is a great time to really see what a few limited look guys are capable of. Injuries to Dunn, Lavine really open things up for all perimeter guys to get more minutes. Temporarily. When they return, unless they've been real impressive, that's the end of Nwaba, Felder, and possibly even Zipser and/or Valentine IMO in the rotation til another injury or unexpected performances.

Portis won't get much of an opportunity at first if it's up to me.

To be clear, this is not my prediction. I think Lopez and Holiday will play more than I think they should. Portis may not be in the rotation to start. I could also see Ryan be the initial backup PG over Felder.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Re: Your Rotation PT Preferences 

Post#2 » by sco » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 pm

League Circles wrote:Well now that we have a finalized roster, let's all say our PT preferences. I'm approaching this question from a beginning of the season perspective. Basically, this is about what I want Fred to try for at least the first 12-15 games no matter what, so I am excluding Lavine though he'll make this a different question soon enough. Also excluding Dunn for the moment.

C: Lopez 14, Felicio 24, Lauri 10
PF: Niko 30, Lauri 10, Portis 8
SF: Zipser 24, Valentine 24
SG: Holiday 24, Nwaba
PG: Grant 32, Felder 16

I want to really limit Holiday and Lopez. They are two of our best players (might even be the two best haha), but are old. I don't want their help much. But, you have to be somewhat fair for culture sake and they're not 35 years old either.

I think this is a great time to really see what a few limited look guys are capable of. Injuries to Dunn, Lavine really open things up for all perimeter guys to get more minutes. Temporarily. When they return, unless they've been real impressive, that's the end of Nwaba, Felder, and possibly even Zipser and/or Valentine IMO in the rotation til another injury or unexpected performances.

Portis won't get much of an opportunity at first if it's up to me.

To be clear, this is not my prediction. I think Lopez and Holiday will play more than I think they should. Portis may not be in the rotation to start. I could also see Ryan be the initial backup PG over Felder.

Well said!

Pre-Zach/Dunn, I want:

C: Lopez 24, Felicio 24
PF: Lauri 26, Niko 18, Portis 4
SF: Niko 8, Zipser 24, Holiday 16
SG: Holiday 10, Valentine 24 Nwaba 14
PG: Grant 28, Archi 20

My goal is to maximize Lauri/RoLo/Holiday overlap. This keeps Niko "starting" (but I don't care about this, however Bobby hasn't made a case yet for minutes). Felder will take time to work into system.

After everyone is back, I want:
C: Lopez 24, Felicio 24
PF: Lauri 26, Niko 22
SF: Holiday 26, Zipser 16, Niko 6
SG: Lavine 28, Valentine 20
PG: Dunn 24, Grant 24
:clap:
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#3 » by rowseyna » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm

To start the season (with no Zach or Kris):

Grant (36) / Arcidiacono (12)
Holiday (36) / Nwaba (12)
Zipser (24) / Valentine (24)
Mirotic (19) / Portis (19) / Markkanen (10)
Lopez (20) / Felicio (19) / Markkanen (9)
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#4 » by rowseyna » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm

Read on Twitter
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#5 » by rowseyna » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 am

New preferences...