Image ImageImage Image

David Nwaba fan club here; Pg 9, Nwaba gets guaranteed

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ArizonaBullsFan
Starter
And1: 1,174

Re: David Nwaba fan club here 

Post#101 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:29 pm

:noway: :crazy: :banghead: :lol:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#102 » by ZOMG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:37 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:OT: Not mentioning any names, but you know how you can tell beyond any shadow of a doubt when someone has replied to your post without bothering to read it in the least:

When you quote their post, and the very first freaking line you type is:

Before I put you at the top of my "ignore" list, let me just say...

Then a few posts down on the same page, you get 2 notifications that - after your told them you were putting them on your ignore list - they have made 2 posts quoting you and replying to you.

Dude, you're bringing up your ignore list in every single post these days.

I'm worried.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,493

Post#103 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:43 pm

ZOMG wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:OT: Not mentioning any names, but you know how you can tell beyond any shadow of a doubt when someone has replied to your post without bothering to read it in the least:

Then a few posts down on the same page, you get 2 notifications that - after your told them you were putting them on your ignore list - they have made 2 posts quoting you and replying to you.

I'm worried.

It occurred to me that he may be going through something and that I should probably disengage. So that’s what I’m going to do.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#104 » by Indomitable » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

I'm worried.

It occurred to me that he may be going through something and that I should probably disengage. So that’s what I’m going to do.

Hey it could be too much coffee :)
:banghead:
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#105 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Indomitable wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

I'm worried.

Hey it could be too much coffee :)

Nah, it because a few people have asked about why anyone would put people on ignore.

Hey, I'm just an honest, up-front guy. I'm here for intelligent conversation, whether the other person and I agree or not. Hell, debating and discussing opposing viewpoints are what make this place fun.

I have no interest in reading idiotic comments. I have no interest in reading comments from people who make a premature statement like "Dunn is a bust" and then refuse to acknowledge any progress in his play. I have no interest in people who just rip the front office for ANYTHING they do, even if they are doing the same thing that every team in every professional sport does... if they don't like it, GarPax are idiots, 100s of professional teams be damned.

I do get quite the laugh out of guys that even after I tell them I'm ignoring them and I won't see their posts, they still reply to my posts, addressing me. Seriously, how intelligent can a person like that be?

For example, 2 people whose names are in this post are on my ignore list, and I told them they are, yet they replied to me in this post. As I'm replying to Indomitable, most of you can figure out who the 2 people are. (But, from what I've seen, the 2 people won't figure it out) :crazy:

Isn't it just common courtesy to let people know you are ignoring them and won't be seeing their posts, so they don't waste their time addressing you? Some folks, ya just can't help...
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#106 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:09 pm

And I forgot, but I don't drink coffee... I do suffer from chronic fatigue, so I've been known to have a couple of Monster's a day, maybe that's it? :lol:
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#107 » by ZOMG » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:19 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:For example, 2 people whose names are in this post are on my ignore list, and I told them they are, yet they replied to me in this post. As I'm replying to Indomitable, most of you can figure out who the 2 people are. (But, from what I've seen, the 2 people won't figure it out) :crazy:

Well, I've said several times that I'm pleased Dunn is improving, but as you wouldn't even see it since I'm on your ignore list... whatever floats your boat, I guess. :)

I enjoy everyone's writing on this forum, whether I agree with them or not. ArizonaBullsFan included.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#108 » by madvillian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 pm

There's a little Wade in his game the way he uses hop steps and plays above the rim with his floater game. There's not many guys that can make those little push shot layups look easy. There's also not a lot of guys that are as athletic as Nwaba, even in the NBA. It's fairly amazing how under-recruited and scouted he was, and still is.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,406

Post#109 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:03 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
sco wrote:OK, can someone confirm my big Bell question? My understanding was that we drafted Bell at the Warrior's direction as part of the trade, NOT because we drafted him and THEN were offered the trade. My point is that if we didn't make the trade, there was no certainty we would have drafted Bell.

The way I see it, GM's aren't omnipotent. Sure, it'd be nice to have both guys, but Garpax deserve credit for not being asleep at the wheel on Nwaba. LA had hoped to resign him after he cleared waivers.

GSW drafted Bell for all intents and purposes. The Bulls technically traded the player but effectively traded the pick.

That said, it always strikes me as odd when people defend the FO by saying “well they wouldn’t have drafted Bell anyway.” Isn’t it doubly damning that they would’ve passed on him if they’d kept the pick?

Still complaining about Jordan Bell who is putting 4pts and 3rebs with the Warriors? Damn, it must be such a hard life.

What kind of numbers is Cash Considerations putting up this year?
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:04 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:EDIT: Why has anyone made 10+ posts on Jordan Bell in the David Nwaba thread?

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
Bell + Nwaba > Nwaba + 3.5M

Not really.

Bell wouldn't be playing at all for the Bulls... he'd be behind Lauri, RoLo, Portis, Felicio and Niko in the rotation... and for good reason, he's not better than any of them. MAYBE Felicio, but Bell can't play center for a normal team.

He can play C for the Dubs, but you and I could play 12 mpg at C for GS and they'd win 60 games. And we'd average 4-5 points and 3-4 rebounds. They have the greatest 1-4 in NBA history. MJ - Pip- Rodman - Kukoc was close, but Steph - KD - Klay - Dray is probably a bit better, because they are all in their prime.

But give me prime MJ - Pip - Worm - Toni at 29 - 27 - 29 - 27 all day long. But I digress...

Look at the percentage of each guy's minutes that he has spent a C this season:

6'7", 230...Draymond - 19%
Durant - 1%
6'9", 250...West - 100%
6'9", 220...Looney - 64%

Bell can play with that team, even with his limited offensive skills. See him on a team besides GS (which you will soon enough), an average team without a great offense, and he won't be able to play very much. There's a reason every team in the league not only passed on him in the draft, they chose not to give the Bulls $3.5 million and a future protected 2nd round pick for Bell.

He is on the Dubs for one, simple reason... his rookie minimum salary. Unless they're on a 2-way contract, no NBA player can make less than Bell. The Warriors are so far into the Luxury Tax this season, it was cheaper to give the Bulls $3.5 million than to have a 2nd-year player at the league minimum by the time they pay the LT on his salary.

At their $135,356,914 team payroll, the LT on Bell's $815,615 salary is $2,650,748.

A 2nd-year minimum player's salary is $1,312,611, his LT bill would be $4,265,985.

Obviously, I could be 100% wrong, and Bell could develop in an effective 30mpg starter, or even an All-Star. I'm betting that within a year or two after he leaves the Warriors, you'll never read his name on this board again.

The Bulls didn't have room for Bell, they have 14 on the roster and obviously need to keep a spot open in the hope that they can eat a salary and pick up a pick later in the season. Every year when the trade deadline gets here, there's at least one team who wants to dump a salary to get out of the LT or pay a lot less LT.

So who would the Bulls dump for Bell? Felder is a much better fit for this roster, he's younger than Bell and fits more of a need going forward if he develops. It's the opposite for the Dubs, they have no use for Felder (Bell can at least minutes there).

It's easy to say they should have dumped Pain (props to whoever started that here), but he's 18 months removed from being a lottery pick, most teams would rather take a chance on a former lottery pick than a 2nd rounder, especially when they are the same age. (Pain is 4 months older)

Pain might be out of the league in 2 years and Bell a rotation player somewhere, in which case this was a stupid move. But obviously, you can't judge a draft or a trade with young players for 2-3 years at the very least.

Look at the Butler trade, at the time lots of people here thought the Bulls got screwed, some thought it was an OK trade, and maybe a very few people thought we won the trade.

In just 1/3 of a season, not more than 1 or 2 people think the Bulls got screwed, some think it was an OK trade, some think we won the trade, and Dunn's play has caused 1 or 2 people to say we screwed MIN in the deal.

Could we have acquired a future 2nd for the pick, unprotected from picks 38-60, instead of $3.5 million? Maybe, hell even probably if you like. I know some people are really high on 2nd round picks, because they can name lots of good players who were 2nd round picks. And I can name more good players who were undrafted.

We were able to get Ryandiacono and (obviously more importantly) Blakeney on 2-way deals, because they were undrafted. You can't force a 2nd round pick to sign a 2-way deal... if they refuse to sign a 2-way or go to Europe, you have to sign them to the minimum or give up their rights. Give me the 2-way guys all day, every day, because they don't count against your 15-man roster.

They do have one thing in common - guys who are expected to be good players don't last until the 2nd round, and guys who are expected to be good players don't go undrafted.

I have a feeling the answer is "100% hell yes", but would people be happier if we would have drafted Blakeney at #38 instead of signing him as an undrafted FA? That seems to blatantly be the case to me, the #1 complaint is "rebuilding teams don't sell 2nd round picks".

But if you're concerned that Jordan Bell is on pace to play about 650 minutes for the NBA Champion Dubs, just remember that 3 years ago, Justin Holiday played 657 minutes for the NBA Champion Dubs...

I can't believe I just wasted this much time discussing Jordan freaking Bell... but then again, I can't believe how many people are still complaining that Jordan freaking Bell isn't on the Bulls roster right now.

C'est la vie.

I'm praying to god that I'm never motivated to discuss Bell ever again on this board, and I don't even believe in god. I gotta bookmark this post, because obviously my prayers ain't gonna work. :D

That was exactly my point in the above post. Bulls fans are born to be miserable. Every now and then you are going to see some highlights of Jordan Bell blocking some shots or dunking the ball, because that is who he is and what he does. But, was he going to get any playing time behind Niko, Markhannen, Portis and Lopez? Not keeping his draft right created a spot for us to get a guy like Nwaba. So, what's the fuss?

Niko and RoLo are both prime trade candidates this season. Neither is likely to be with the Bulls over the long haul. Their present existence on the roster is not a reason to take a pass on a developmental piece that could be around later.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#111 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:16 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:EDIT: Why has anyone made 10+ posts on Jordan Bell in the David Nwaba thread?

Not really.

Bell wouldn't be playing at all for the Bulls... he'd be behind Lauri, RoLo, Portis, Felicio and Niko in the rotation... and for good reason, he's not better than any of them. MAYBE Felicio, but Bell can't play center for a normal team.

He can play C for the Dubs, but you and I could play 12 mpg at C for GS and they'd win 60 games. And we'd average 4-5 points and 3-4 rebounds. They have the greatest 1-4 in NBA history. MJ - Pip- Rodman - Kukoc was close, but Steph - KD - Klay - Dray is probably a bit better, because they are all in their prime.

But give me prime MJ - Pip - Worm - Toni at 29 - 27 - 29 - 27 all day long. But I digress...

Look at the percentage of each guy's minutes that he has spent a C this season:

6'7", 230...Draymond - 19%
Durant - 1%
6'9", 250...West - 100%
6'9", 220...Looney - 64%

Bell can play with that team, even with his limited offensive skills. See him on a team besides GS (which you will soon enough), an average team without a great offense, and he won't be able to play very much. There's a reason every team in the league not only passed on him in the draft, they chose not to give the Bulls $3.5 million and a future protected 2nd round pick for Bell.

He is on the Dubs for one, simple reason... his rookie minimum salary. Unless they're on a 2-way contract, no NBA player can make less than Bell. The Warriors are so far into the Luxury Tax this season, it was cheaper to give the Bulls $3.5 million than to have a 2nd-year player at the league minimum by the time they pay the LT on his salary.

At their $135,356,914 team payroll, the LT on Bell's $815,615 salary is $2,650,748.

A 2nd-year minimum player's salary is $1,312,611, his LT bill would be $4,265,985.

Obviously, I could be 100% wrong, and Bell could develop in an effective 30mpg starter, or even an All-Star. I'm betting that within a year or two after he leaves the Warriors, you'll never read his name on this board again.

The Bulls didn't have room for Bell, they have 14 on the roster and obviously need to keep a spot open in the hope that they can eat a salary and pick up a pick later in the season. Every year when the trade deadline gets here, there's at least one team who wants to dump a salary to get out of the LT or pay a lot less LT.

So who would the Bulls dump for Bell? Felder is a much better fit for this roster, he's younger than Bell and fits more of a need going forward if he develops. It's the opposite for the Dubs, they have no use for Felder (Bell can at least minutes there).

It's easy to say they should have dumped Pain (props to whoever started that here), but he's 18 months removed from being a lottery pick, most teams would rather take a chance on a former lottery pick than a 2nd rounder, especially when they are the same age. (Pain is 4 months older)

Pain might be out of the league in 2 years and Bell a rotation player somewhere, in which case this was a stupid move. But obviously, you can't judge a draft or a trade with young players for 2-3 years at the very least.

Look at the Butler trade, at the time lots of people here thought the Bulls got screwed, some thought it was an OK trade, and maybe a very few people thought we won the trade.

In just 1/3 of a season, not more than 1 or 2 people think the Bulls got screwed, some think it was an OK trade, some think we won the trade, and Dunn's play has caused 1 or 2 people to say we screwed MIN in the deal.

Could we have acquired a future 2nd for the pick, unprotected from picks 38-60, instead of $3.5 million? Maybe, hell even probably if you like. I know some people are really high on 2nd round picks, because they can name lots of good players who were 2nd round picks. And I can name more good players who were undrafted.

We were able to get Ryandiacono and (obviously more importantly) Blakeney on 2-way deals, because they were undrafted. You can't force a 2nd round pick to sign a 2-way deal... if they refuse to sign a 2-way or go to Europe, you have to sign them to the minimum or give up their rights. Give me the 2-way guys all day, every day, because they don't count against your 15-man roster.

They do have one thing in common - guys who are expected to be good players don't last until the 2nd round, and guys who are expected to be good players don't go undrafted.

I have a feeling the answer is "100% hell yes", but would people be happier if we would have drafted Blakeney at #38 instead of signing him as an undrafted FA? That seems to blatantly be the case to me, the #1 complaint is "rebuilding teams don't sell 2nd round picks".

But if you're concerned that Jordan Bell is on pace to play about 650 minutes for the NBA Champion Dubs, just remember that 3 years ago, Justin Holiday played 657 minutes for the NBA Champion Dubs...

I can't believe I just wasted this much time discussing Jordan freaking Bell... but then again, I can't believe how many people are still complaining that Jordan freaking Bell isn't on the Bulls roster right now.

C'est la vie.

I'm praying to god that I'm never motivated to discuss Bell ever again on this board, and I don't even believe in god. I gotta bookmark this post, because obviously my prayers ain't gonna work. :D

That was exactly my point in the above post. Bulls fans are born to be miserable. Every now and then you are going to see some highlights of Jordan Bell blocking some shots or dunking the ball, because that is who he is and what he does. But, was he going to get any playing time behind Niko, Markhannen, Portis and Lopez? Not keeping his draft right created a spot for us to get a guy like Nwaba. So, what's the fuss?

Niko and RoLo are both prime trade candidates this season. Neither is likely to be with the Bulls over the long haul. Their present existence on the roster is not a reason to take a pass on a developmental piece that could be around later.

Most definitely - if I thought Bell was the next Draymond, I'd say draft and sign him for as many years as his agent lets him sign for, even he doesn't play 200 minutes this year because you have to showcase the guys you want to trade. Without a doubt.

Maybe you directed that at Jimmy Jammer instead of him and me, but I made the same statement that he wouldn't be playing this year. Just FTR.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:22 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:

Most definitely - if I thought Bell was the next Draymond, I'd say draft and sign him for as many years as his agent lets him sign for, even he doesn't play 200 minutes this year because you have to showcase the guys you want to trade. Without a doubt.

Maybe you directed that at Jimmy Jammer instead of him and me, but I made the same statement that he wouldn't be playing this year. Just FTR.

Yeah, directed at the general discussion. Just given the particular teambuilding phase the Bulls find themselves in, they are not in a position to be unloading draft picks to anyone. You have to take as many shots as you can because it's better to have a small chance at acquiring an important piece for down the line than a certainty of a player that is just pretty good but not part of the long-term plans. So Nwaba is looking like a great move, and I wouldn't support getting rid of him to free up a roster spot for Bell, but the Bulls should be trading players like RoLo and Niko, so potentially there could have been minutes for Bell at some point during the season.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,493

Post#113 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:28 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

Yeah, directed at the general discussion. Just given the particular teambuilding phase the Bulls find themselves in, they are not in a position to be unloading draft picks to anyone. You have to take as many shots as you can because it's better to have a small chance at acquiring an important piece for down the line than a certainty of a player that is just pretty good but not part of the long-term plans. So Nwaba is looking like a great move, and I wouldn't support getting rid of him to free up a roster spot for Bell, but the Bulls should be trading players like RoLo and Niko, so potentially there could have been minutes for Bell at some point during the season.

I would add that the Bulls had the option of not signing Bell (or whoever they took at 38) if a better use of that roster spot came along. It’s hard to justify deciding at draft time that no one picked after 37 was worth a spot on their 20 man offseason roster.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#114 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:37 pm

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:

I would add that the Bulls had the option of not signing Bell (or whoever they took at 38) if a better use of that roster spot came along. It’s hard to justify deciding at draft time that no one picked after 37 was worth a spot on their 20 man offseason roster.

And honestly, if they truly felt there was not a guy at that spot that was worthy of a roster spot (unlikely, given how high in the 2nd round the pick was, but I digress), then the proper basketball move is to trade the pick for a future second rounder, not for cash. For instance, if the Bulls asked the Warriors for their 2018 2nd rounder instead of money, it's a virtual certainty the Warriors would have taken it, given the value of having a pick now for a guy they wanted, coupled with the virtual certainty that their 2018 2nd rounder would be much lower than 38.

The argument that selling the pick was fine given roster spot concerns is simply invalid.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#115 » by madvillian » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Can we keep this about Nwaba? We really need a "general vent and rant" thread about the FO imo.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#116 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:34 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:

And honestly, if they truly felt there was not a guy at that spot that was worthy of a roster spot (unlikely, given how high in the 2nd round the pick was, but I digress), then the proper basketball move is to trade the pick for a future second rounder, not for cash. For instance, if the Bulls asked the Warriors for their 2018 2nd rounder instead of money, it's a virtual certainty the Warriors would have taken it, given the value of having a pick now for a guy they wanted, coupled with the virtual certainty that their 2018 2nd rounder would be much lower than 38.

The argument that selling the pick was fine given roster spot concerns is simply invalid.

I did point out earlier that if anyone thinks the Bulls would have been better off with a future second instead of cash, I don't have with that. I don't really agree because we already have plenty of young players who were 1st-round picks (including 2 lottery picks), and we'll be adding another 1st each of the next 2 years. Plus I'm assuming a FA or 2 this summer. The chances of wanting a guy who's available in the 2nd round over all the young players we already have (and will be adding) are pretty slim.

And while it's possible that a 2nd round pick comes into camp and shows you all kinds of things he didn't show in college, with all the video and scouting nowadays, it's not very likely. You've seen plenty of a college player by the time he hits the draft. And realistically, the extra 5 guys on the camp roster are fillers who are almost certain to get cut, by the time camp starts most teams know who the guys on the roster are going to be.

It's not like Jordan Bell got to camp with GS and wowed them to make the roster, he was 100% guaranteed that spot because of their enormous Luxury Tax this season. He's the lowest-paid of their SEVEN minimum salary players, and then they have Zaza who signed for the room MLE and resigned this summer with his 20% Early Bird Rights raise.

I know people see 2nd round picks as some sort of lottery, and yeah every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut. There are more undrafted players than 2nd round picks in the league - it sounds to me like everyone complaining about selling the pick would be happy if we had just drafted Blakeney instead of selling the pick, because it's something about the allure of the possible draftee that gets people erect.

I can guarantee that if the Bulls would have taken Blakeney at #38 and only signed Arcidiacono to a 2-way contract, this entire conversation wouldn't even exist. While the actual, real effect on the team's roster would be absolutely zero. This is the first year of 2-way contracts, I'd gladly bet my left one that not one person would have said a word if the Bulls roster stood at 16 instead of 17, and we had signed another guy to the Windy City roster.

And if you're thinking that Blakeney in the 2nd round, another 2-way contract, and one more player on the WC Bulls because they'd have another roster spot... well, you're really, really stretching, hoping the last player on the WC roster ever amounts to anything.

If people want to be upset that we didn't take Blakeney in the 2nd round and add another player to the WC roster, it's their right... but personally, I've got about 100 other Bulls-related items that are more important. I love the Bulls, spend a lot of time posting here (though thankfully that's about to end, but I'll be reading quite a bit), and still paid for League Pass this season and have watched every minute (other than the screwey blackout rules here at my Dad's house).

But that's just me.

And just for fun, since Blakeney easily and obviously would have been worth taking at #38, who is this rookie free agent that we could have signed to a 2-way contract that you would want on the roster? And in reality, one of the guys we cut in camp and signed to WCB would have gotten the 2-way deal, so who is this rookie free agent that we should have on the WCB roster?

Nobody, because anyone we would be remotely interested is already on the WCB roster.

Personally, my life isn't so perfect that I need to be upset about the 10th man on the WCB roster. Or JR having an extra $3.5 million in his pocket instead of a future #38 draft pick. But if you choose to do so, have fun with it.

I can't disagree more. The roster is at 15, it's full, I don't see why we should have drafted someone there just so we could cut them after training camp. Even if we are going to trade RoLo or Niko or whoever later in the season, the roster is still at 15 right now, and we would have had to cut them.

Or sign them to the WCB, but if they guy was any good, some other team would sign him to their NBA roster, right?
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#117 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Some posters out here are professional at thread derailment. A thread about Nwaba is turning into a referendum about Jordan freaking Bell, smh.
greenl
Starter
And1: 1,519

Post#118 » by greenl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:46 pm

jnrjr79 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:
GSW drafted Bell for all intents and purposes. The Bulls technically traded the player but effectively traded the pick.

That said, it always strikes me as odd when people defend the FO by saying “well they wouldn’t have drafted Bell anyway.” Isn’t it doubly damning that they would’ve passed on him if they’d kept the pick?

Still complaining about Jordan Bell who is putting 4pts and 3rebs with the Warriors? Damn, it must be such a hard life.

What kind of numbers is Cash Considerations putting up this year?

Don't sleep on Cash Considerations. He's the most NBA ready prospect in the draft. He's liquid, versatile and absolute money from deep. If you can pair him with "Player to he Named" you've got yourself a helluva core.
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children." - Bill Hicks
NikosTheGoat
Senior
And1: 499

Post#119 » by NikosTheGoat » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:12 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
NikosTheGoat wrote:
bulls4ever wrote:Thanks for the link. Very enjoyable reading

anyone else think it's crazy they're making dudes pay $150 to tryout for a $19000/year job?

Assuming you're not joking, no it's not crazy.

If anyone could just try out for free, my over-50 year old ass would be out there trying out, wasting everyone's time.

seems like your old ass would have an easier time coming up with the entrance fee than some broke 19-year-old. i appreciate that a lot of people would try out who have no business being there, but there must be a better method for weeding people out than making them pay an application fee for what basically amounts to a $9/hr job (less than CA minimum wage).
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach

Post#120 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:34 am

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
jnrjr79 wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:

I did point out earlier that if anyone thinks the Bulls would have been better off with a future second instead of cash, I don't have with that. I don't really agree because we already have plenty of young players who were 1st-round picks (including 2 lottery picks), and we'll be adding another 1st each of the next 2 years. Plus I'm assuming a FA or 2 this summer. The chances of wanting a guy who's available in the 2nd round over all the young players we already have (and will be adding) are pretty slim.

And while it's possible that a 2nd round pick comes into camp and shows you all kinds of things he didn't show in college, with all the video and scouting nowadays, it's not very likely. You've seen plenty of a college player by the time he hits the draft. And realistically, the extra 5 guys on the camp roster are fillers who are almost certain to get cut, by the time camp starts most teams know who the guys on the roster are going to be.

I have no idea where this idea that NBA teams are generally good at scouting college players come from. Some are better than others, but college players are a crapshoot just like there rest of the draft. That's why you take as many swings as you can when you're rebuilding.

I can't disagree more. The roster is at 15, it's full, I don't see why we should have drafted someone there just so we could cut them after training camp. Even if we are going to trade RoLo or Niko or whoever later in the season, the roster is still at 15 right now, and we would have had to cut them.

Or sign them to the WCB, but if they guy was any good, some other team would sign him to their NBA roster, right?

My point was the pick could easily have been flipped for a future pick if every roster spot was simply too precious this year. The only defensible paths are using the pick or trading it for a future pick.

EDIT: I'll make this my last post on the subject in this thread, because it's been hijacked as rightly noted by others.

Return to Chicago Bulls