Image ImageImage Image

PG: 2 game wost streak

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Re: PG: unbeataBULLS 

Post#301 » by Indomitable » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
Dominater wrote:Hell, after his 1st year here, people on this board were using Jimmy Butler as a toss in on hypothetical trades

What a load of crap. Most people were worried about Drose knee. No one was trying to trade Jimmy as a damn throw in. I hate revisionist history.

Everyone wanted to move Luol because we wanted a guy who could handle the ball. People wanted to dump Ronnie for Jimmy could get his minutes.

Resisen was talking up his efficient and questioning jimmy creating ability.

Revisionist history? Jimmy at the time was a 2 PPG scrub. NOBODY thought he would ever develop into more than a role player at best. During that summer yes he was tossed in alot of hypothetical trades around here, but again because nobody though he was very good.

If anything, your the one playing revisionist history. You must be a real genius to have known back in 2012 that Jimmy Butler was going to be a stud. If we knew that, he either would've been mentioned in Howard trades as being the centerpiece straight up with fillers, or been deemed untouchable.

Jimmy had no training camp and play well every time he got time. Jimmy had fans from the get go. You are providing inaccurate history.

Whatever
:banghead:
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Re: PG: 2 game wost streak 

Post#302 » by Stratmaster » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Dresden wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
Dresden wrote:Then how come his teammates apparently almost universally supported him through the fight with Niko?

There is literally zero proof of this. What HAS been established is that there’s a small clique of players who seem to have sided with Bobby.

(Wow. Just writing about this crap leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We really need it to go away, fast. Preferably by getting rid of Bobby and Niko.)

Zero proof except that it was reported in a major newspaper that Portis had the support of his teammates.

I keep hearing this. I saw one report that one anonymous player was quoted as being on Bobby's side.

As far as support of teammates...Niko also has the support of his teammates. Rolo said so himself...in a live interview...not anonymously.

If you have seen something more than this please point me to it.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#303 » by Dominator83 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Indomitable wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
What a load of crap. Most people were worried about Drose knee. No one was trying to trade Jimmy as a damn throw in. I hate revisionist history.

Everyone wanted to move Luol because we wanted a guy who could handle the ball. People wanted to dump Ronnie for Jimmy could get his minutes.

Revisionist history? Jimmy at the time was a 2 PPG scrub. NOBODY thought he would ever develop into more than a role player at best. During that summer yes he was tossed in alot of hypothetical trades around here, but again because nobody though he was very good.

If anything, your the one playing revisionist history. You must be a real genius to have known back in 2012 that Jimmy Butler was going to be a stud. If we knew that, he either would've been mentioned in Howard trades as being the centerpiece straight up with fillers, or been deemed untouchable.

Jimmy had no training camp and play well every time he got time. Jimmy had fans from the get go. You are providing inaccurate history.

Whatever

People here were high on Jimmy after 2013 when he played well down the stretch and played solid against Lebron in the playoffs. But 2012 he was considered a non-factor.

But i agree to disagree. My original point in the post you quoted was that guys can improve after their rookie years. Which is why before i referenced Jimmy, i mention Jared Goff
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#304 » by bulliedog8 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
Dominater wrote:Hell, after his 1st year here, people on this board were using Jimmy Butler as a toss in on hypothetical trades

There were a ton of fans that called butler a future star, literally during the knicks game and right after, his first start ever. It was obvious to see he was a future star too really.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#305 » by Chitownbulls » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:44 pm

I remember many bulls fans in here saying they would never trade Joakim Noah for Joel Embiid.......laughable

Those fans favorite line back then was..."Noah plays with passion an heart! Plus he can start the break an pass the ball!"
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,877

Post#306 » by Dresden » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:11 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Dresden wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
There is literally zero proof of this. What HAS been established is that there’s a small clique of players who seem to have sided with Bobby.

(Wow. Just writing about this crap leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We really need it to go away, fast. Preferably by getting rid of Bobby and Niko.)

Zero proof except that it was reported in a major newspaper that Portis had the support of his teammates.

I keep hearing this. I saw one report that one anonymous player was quoted as being on Bobby's side.

As far as support of teammates...Niko also has the support of his teammates. Rolo said so himself...in a live interview...not anonymously.

If you have seen something more than this please point me to it.

Either in the Trib or Sun Times, probably both. Mentioned something about Bulls players had accepted Portis' apology about the incident and were supportive of him coming back to the team.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,349

Post#307 » by ChicagoStrong » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:I remember many bulls fans in here saying they would never trade Joakim Noah for Joel Embiid.......laughable

Those fans favorite line back then was..."Noah plays with passion an heart! Plus he can start the break an pass the ball!"

People making **** up now :lol:. Trade scenarios like that never even came up.

When Embiid was drafted in 2014, Noah had just won Defensive Player of the Year and Emiid just had another surgery on his foot.

By the time Embiid finally played an NBA game, Noah wasn't even on the Bulls anymore.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#308 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:48 pm

rtblues wrote:Markkanen hits a three, the Bulls bench celebrates, except for the Portis The Pouter.
Man, WTF? Does this guy resent everyone who is getting minutes and playing better than him?
Won't celebrate with the rest of the team after a big play?

After all of the Niko-Bobby crap, I'd say it's Niko Mirotic who has his head screwed on right, while
Porits is pouting on the sidelines. Don't get it, but the guy just seems like a head case all the way.

And Niko's game last night ain't helping Bobby's case...

I don't know if it's still true (or even if it was at the time), but I remember right after the punch, I read that some NBA exec said that if the Bulls wanted to trade Bobby, there would be 29 teams willing to trade for him.

I'd do it for a low 1st, if it's just a 2nd they might as well wait for the summer.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#309 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:53 pm

Rerisen wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
Rerisen wrote:Ready for Lauri to start hitting his threes again. I haven't even bothered to check his 3pt progress vs the rookie record lately.

He may still be on rookie record pace, but even if he is, he isn't... :crazy:

I saw in the last day or two that Mitchell passed him in 3ptM/game, I think it's still pretty close though.

It's just something fun to follow to me because obviously we aren't competing for anything this year.

Koristossu wrote:Is there somewhere good site where you can follow that 3p record pace in relation to Lauri's efforts, game by game? I tried found such statistics but failed to do so.

Not that it would matter that much if he break that 3p rookie record or not, as long as his overall development curve goes upward like it seems happening.

Have to build a filter for it at basketball reference.

So yeah Lauri is a bit behind now through 25g.

Mitchell 61
Lillard 56
Lauri 56

Sorry you misunderstood, that ":crazy:" was self-depricating for the way I worded "even if he's still on the rookie pace, he isn't" (because Mitchell passed him). My bad, it was the middle of the night and I thought it was funny, I guess not. :D

You posted the current totals, and I was "right"... he's still tied for Lillard's record pace, but he's behind the record pace because Mitchell is now the one on a record pace.

I hope that made sense?
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#310 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:09 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:......my "foe" list is pretty long, and it's mostly populated with guys who said Dunn had basically no upside because he's 23 with 3 years of college ball. It still shows up in the posts when someone who is on your "foe" (a/k/a "ignore") list posts....

Do people really use the friend and foe feature? wow. Never had a foe or ever put a poster on ignore no matter how much I disagree. But, that's just me. I like to hear everyone's opinion. If I don't like something, I just don't bother reading or responding to it.

People need to learn how to take another person's differing opinion with grace.

I've been doing it for myself, I've been pretty much stuck in my room for a month after surgery so I've been living on the board. And I wind getting frustrated when people say the same anti-Bulls over and over, and wind up saying something that offends them and then they bother the mods by reporting me and saying I hurt their feelings.

I was regular here for several years before I bothered registering to post, so I read everything without replying. I actually signed up not very long after Thibs got the MIN job, because while there will naturally always be a FODF and a FOHC, after Thibs went to MIN a lot of people really went off on hating GarPaxBerg and touting the Wolves as the next NBA dynasty. :D

And quite often I will go ahead and click on a post that is blocked, especially if someone replies to me, just to see if I was wrong about "ignoring" them. It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far I haven't "un-foed" anyone... (though I'm sure I will)

No need for hostility, when we're all rooting for the success of this team.

To be fair, there are a few people who admit they are opening rooting for the Bulls fail, because they think it will get GarPax fired...

And just to be clear, I like johnnyvann a lot, he and I can go at each other hard if we make a post that the other one thinks is stupid, without worrying about either of us telling on the other for being a meanie. He can love Thibs and I can love GarPax and we can violently disagree, and it ends there... with neither of us hitting the "!" button.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#311 » by Dresden » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 am

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
rtblues wrote:Markkanen hits a three, the Bulls bench celebrates, except for the Portis The Pouter.
Man, WTF? Does this guy resent everyone who is getting minutes and playing better than him?

After all of the Niko-Bobby crap, I'd say it's Niko Mirotic who has his head screwed on right, while
Porits is pouting on the sidelines. Don't get it, but the guy just seems like a head case all the way.

I don't know if it's still true (or even if it was at the time), but I remember right after the punch, I read that some NBA exec said that if the Bulls wanted to trade Bobby, there would be 29 teams willing to trade for him.

I'd do it for a low 1st, if it's just a 2nd they might as well wait for the summer.

That''s interesting. I don't have much hope we'd get anyone better than Portis though with a low first round pick, let alone a second.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#312 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 am

Dresden wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:

That''s interesting. I don't have much hope we'd get anyone better than Portis though with a low first round pick, let alone a second.

I'd agree, the only difference being that Portis will be off his rookie contract after next season, and a 2018 draft pick would have a cheap salary for 4 years.

I wouldn't have a problem with Portis on the cheap, he's a good enough offensive player to play 15-18 minutes on a good team... but his defense is just sooooo bad, and it hasn't gotten any better 2 1/3 years into his career.

I'd much rather keep Niko as backup PG, because he defends and rebounds well enough to be backup C too against most teams' backup centers.

Plus, even if Dunn, Mark and Lavine keep improving AND we get a really good draft pick AND we get a really good FA next summer, to the point that we're a low-level playoff team next season, you still want to have veterans around. So why not have one like Niko, who has been with the organization for 4 years.

I think it's better to have a Niko who knows what the organization and coaching staff expect than a Niko who would be new to the team next season. Plus, the team can pick up his option for next season, and he's signed for not much more than the MLE, a pretty good salary for the team.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#313 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:41 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:......my "foe" list is pretty long, and it's mostly populated with guys who said Dunn had basically no upside because he's 23 with 3 years of college ball. It still shows up in the posts when someone who is on your "foe" (a/k/a "ignore") list posts....

Do people really use the friend and foe feature? wow. Never had a foe or ever put a poster on ignore no matter how much I disagree. But, that's just me. I like to hear everyone's opinion. If I don't like something, I just don't bother reading or responding to it.

Sorry I don't feel like typing it again, but I explain why I do it on page 16 of the thread. I still quote you, I just happened to see that post (by RedBulls83) first.
Dresden
RealGM

Post#314 » by Dresden » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 am

DAL and ATL both with 1 pt leads in the second half....
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#315 » by DuckIII » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 am

Chitownbulls wrote:I remember many bulls fans in here saying they would never trade Joakim Noah for Joel Embiid.......laughable

What in the holly jolly Christmas are you talking about?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#316 » by Indomitable » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am

bulliedog8 wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

There were a ton of fans that called butler a future star, literally during the knicks game and right after, his first start ever. It was obvious to see he was a future star too really.

People wanted him inserted into the rotation after he D up Prime Melo. This guy is making crap up. No one was trying to trade him as a scrub.

People loved Jimmy and before Hollywood Jimmy he had no detractors. Claiming that people were trying to trade him is a lie. The board was pro Jimmy. He was loved when he was drafted.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#317 » by Dominator83 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:35 am

Indomitable wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:
Dominater wrote:Revisionist history? Jimmy at the time was a 2 PPG scrub. NOBODY thought he would ever develop into more than a role player at best. During that summer yes he was tossed in alot of hypothetical trades around here, but again because nobody though he was very good.

People wanted him inserted into the rotation after he D up Prime Melo. This guy is making crap up. No one was trying to trade him as a scrub.

People loved Jimmy and before Hollywood Jimmy he had no detractors. Claiming that people were trying to trade him is a lie. The board was pro Jimmy. He was loved when he was drafted.

Even if scrub is a bit harsh, he was in no way a deal breaker in any hypothetical for Howard, Aldridge, etc. Anyone claiming otherwise are the ones playing revisionist history.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#318 » by Indomitable » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 am

Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:

Even if scrub is a bit harsh, he was in no way a deal breaker in any hypothetical for Howard, Aldridge, etc. Anyone claiming otherwise are the ones playing revisionist history.

No he would have been the sweetner and most people hear hated Howard even then. No one was suggesting we trade for Aldridge back then.

You are spinning instead of admitting you were wrong. I am done.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#319 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am

Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
bulliedog8 wrote:

Exactly. Everyone liked jimmy from jump street but no one who’s ever watched him in his early years ever thought he’d be this. Hell I don’t remember really anyone here thinking he’d be any much better than luol. Jimmy had a good half or so when nate was here and the next year he didn’t look anymore special. It wasn’t until about the 3rd year when pip praised him and even then a great majority laughed at pip and thought he was just being a homer.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#320 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 am

Indomitable wrote:
Dominater wrote:
Indomitable wrote:People wanted him inserted into the rotation after he D up Prime Melo. This guy is making crap up. No one was trying to trade him as a scrub.

No he would have been the sweetner and most people hear hated Howard even then. No one was suggesting we trade for Aldridge back then.

You are spinning instead of admitting you were wrong. I am done. Ingore time.

IIRC there were a few here thinking of trading Jo for Aldridge but a lot of us laughed at it because that was jo before all the injuries.

Return to Chicago Bulls