Image ImageImage Image

Which teams would benefit the most by adding Bobby or Niko?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Re: Which teams would benefit the most by adding Bobby or Niko? 

Post#41 » by ZOMG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Wow, people have really started to love and appreciate Mirotic since last season.
rowseyna
Veteran
And1: 864

Post#42 » by rowseyna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:57 pm

ZOMG wrote:Wow, people have really started to love and appreciate Mirotic since last season.

2-0, 52 MIN, 62.5% FG, 53.3% 3P, 11 REB, 1 BLK, +5, and 42 PTS over your last two games'll do that to fans...
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#43 » by ZOMG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:02 pm

rowseyna wrote:
ZOMG wrote:Wow, people have really started to love and appreciate Mirotic since last season.

2-0, 52 MIN, 62.5% FG, 53.3% 3P, 11 REB, 1 BLK, +5, and 42 PTS over your last two games'll do that to fans...

Well, Niko better hope he doesn't have two bad games in a row. He'll be right back in the doghouse.
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#44 » by rowseyna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Three Potentials I've Read:

CHI gets: Justise Winslow, Wayne Ellington, & Tyler Johnson
MIA gets: Nikola Mirotic, Paul Zipser, & '21 1st

or

CHI gets: D.J. Wilson, Mirza Teletovic, Sterling Brown, & '19 1st
MIL gets: Nikola Mirotic & '19 2nd

or

CHI gets: DeAndre Jordan
LAC gets: Robin Lopez, Nikola Mirotic, & '19 1st
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#45 » by League Circles » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:08 pm

I'll seriously throw up if we trade quantity for quantity.

Consolidation, consolidation, consolidation.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,381

Post#46 » by drosestruts » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:08 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:People still need to keep in mind that Mirotic has the right to veto trades. It's very possible he may not want to be traded anymore, or may not want to go to certain teams.

I think with the direction of the team going with the way of Lauri, he'll jump at the opportunity to go to a team where he could possibly start.

Then again, he really does seem to love playing for the Bulls, so who knows.

I believe it's been written about before that one of the reasons Niko likes Chicago is it's large Serbian population. This might be important to him and his family - there is a human element to NBA trades and signings, and with a no-trade clause, he has the ability to stay if he and his family wants to.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#47 » by MGB8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Best trade I can come up with is Niko to the Jazz for Joe Johnson (10M expiring, has been injured most of the season, Jazz no longer need him with Mitchell, Thabo playing well, Ingles not declining from last season and Hood and Burks) and their first next year.

Niko would be a hedge on Favors, an upgrade over Jerebko, and would be really interesting next to Gobert.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#48 » by kingkirk » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:24 pm

League Circles wrote:I'll seriously throw up if we trade quantity for quantity.

Consolidating isn't netting the Bulls anything of quality.
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#49 » by jacoby1us » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:50 pm

rowseyna wrote:LAL could benefit most by adding Niko. They could rid themselves of Deng's contract, dump Niko in the off-season for nothing, and open up a ton of cap space for George and/or LBJ.

CHI gets: Luol Deng & Ingram/Kuzma/Ball/or a 1st
LAL gets: Nikola Mirotic

Who says no and why?

The Lakers will say HELL TO THE NO. This trade is so lopsided it is ridiculous. Ingram is on the brink of having a career year and just publicly made the Lakers state they are willing to save their salary for the 2019 FA class indicating they may not care if they don't land PG as they currently have Ingram developing right in front of them.

Kuzma and Ball are both rookies whom are on cheap salaries and have shown to be worth the process. Although Ball catches a lot crap for not being aggressive and assertive the Lakers org chart understands that he is a rookie and he has a huge upside as a playmaker and eventually he will develop a better offensive game for himself. Right now, they don't need his scoring as they have that around him in Ingram, Lopez and Caldwell Pope.

The only trade I see the Lakers doing is trying to shed Deng and Bogut on any foolish team that is willing to accept, if I am the Bulls I would be that foolish team to accept Deng and their 1st Rounder unprotected for Mirotic and Cam Payne!
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#50 » by League Circles » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Mark K wrote:
League Circles wrote:I'll seriously throw up if we trade quantity for quantity.

Consolidating isn't netting the Bulls anything of quality.

Why particularly for the Bulls?

I think there's a decent chance that by the deadline, these guys will all have not insignificant value, often good value:

Niko
Portis
Lauri (obviously not likely shopped but who knows)
Lavine
Dunn (also not likely shopped)
Lopez

Combine two or three of those guys and you might start to talk about a near all star caliber player. Not that I'd want to just make any move, but my point is we don't need more numbers. We don't really have a lot of opportunity and too much quantity will start to dilute the value we do have. Just cause whoever sits degrades no matter what. And we'll have to sit guys soon. For example I think it's important for Felicio, post trade deadline, to be back in the rotation, just to start to rebuild his value so we can dump him sooner rather than later.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#51 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 pm

MGB8 wrote:Best trade I can come up with is Niko to the Jazz for Joe Johnson (10M expiring, has been injured most of the season, Jazz no longer need him with Mitchell, Thabo playing well, Ingles not declining from last season and Hood and Burks) and their first next year.

Niko would be a hedge on Favors, an upgrade over Jerebko, and would be really interesting next to Gobert.

Niko to the Jazz makes a lot of sense, was thinking about this 3 way with Milwaukee that would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

Utah Gets:
Mirotic + Filler

Milwaukee Gets:
Favors
Hood

Bulls get:
Dellevadova
Jabari Parker

For Utah Favors and Gobert don't work together so they get Niko who's a better fit and they would probably actually keep him on his contract. Milwaukee desperately needs a center plus they get a bench scorer in Hood. The bulls get to take a chance on Jabari and take on the Dellavadova's contract(or Henson's if they would prefer).
rowseyna
Veteran

Post#52 » by rowseyna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:01 pm

jacoby1us wrote:
rowseyna wrote:LAL could benefit most by adding Niko. They could rid themselves of Deng's contract, dump Niko in the off-season for nothing, and open up a ton of cap space for George and/or LBJ.

CHI gets: Luol Deng & Ingram/Kuzma/Ball/or a 1st
LAL gets: Nikola Mirotic

Who says no and why?

The Lakers will say HELL TO THE NO. This trade is so lopsided it is ridiculous. Ingram is on the brink of having a career year and just publicly made the Lakers state they are willing to save their salary for the 2019 FA class indicating they may not care if they don't land PG as they currently have Ingram developing right in front of them.

Kuzma and Ball are both rookies whom are on cheap salaries and have shown to be worth the process. Although Ball catches a lot crap for not being aggressive and assertive the Lakers org chart understands that he is a rookie and he has a huge upside as a playmaker and eventually he will develop a better offensive game for himself. Right now, they don't need his scoring as they have that around him in Ingram, Lopez and Caldwell Pope.

The only trade I see the Lakers doing is trying to shed Deng and Bogut on any foolish team that is willing to accept, if I am the Bulls I would be that foolish team to accept Deng and their 1st Rounder unprotected for Mirotic and Cam Payne!

You said "right now" they don't need his scoring. But Lopez and KCP are FAs after this year. So will they need to replace (and improve upon) that scoring next year?

And you say the Lakers wouldn't do the proposed trade and then suggest both teams would agree to it (Deng + 1st for Niko). The only thing is, it couldn't be their 1st in 2018 as they don't own it. It'd have to be a future 1st.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#53 » by NZB2323 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:14 pm

I don't think any GM wants to trade for guys that got into a fight that resulted in one going to the hospital. There's a reason the Bulls got garbage offers for Portis and Mirotic.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#54 » by MGB8 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:
MGB8 wrote:Best trade I can come up with is Niko to the Jazz for Joe Johnson (10M expiring, has been injured most of the season, Jazz no longer need him with Mitchell, Thabo playing well, Ingles not declining from last season and Hood and Burks) and their first next year.

Niko to the Jazz makes a lot of sense, was thinking about this 3 way with Milwaukee that would make a lot of sense for everyone involved.

Utah Gets:
Mirotic + Filler

Milwaukee Gets:
Favors
Hood

Bulls get:
Dellevadova
Jabari Parker

For Utah Favors and Gobert don't work together so they get Niko who's a better fit and they would probably actually keep him on his contract. Milwaukee desperately needs a center plus they get a bench scorer in Hood. The bulls get to take a chance on Jabari and take on the Dellavadova's contract(or Henson's if they would prefer).

I think Utah, while unlikely to re-sign Favors (unless he doesn't get much in the way of other offers), is less likely to trade him this season than to let him walk. Because he is expiring, he doesn't have much value as a longer term piece, so he's kind of like Taj, last year. Utah's got a good shot of making the playoffs, so I think he stays out the season in Salt Lake.

Not sure how much they value Rodney Hood or not.

Joe Johnson and his expiring contract, on the other hand, I could see the Jazz being willing to move.

Joe Johnson and their 2019 protected first, lotto protected (in case they don't make the playoffs) would make a lot of sense. I'm sure they like the draft pick to take another shot at a PG of the future, at the end of the day, they are still pretty young and it's not like Rubio is all that old at 27.

Here's the ages of their roster (outside of Favors and Joe Johnson):

PG - Rubio (27; signed for 1 more season); Exum (22; rookie expiring); Neto (25; expiring)
SG - Burks (26; 1 more season); Mitchell (21; 1st year of rook deal)
GF - Hood (25; rookie expiring); Thabo (33; 1 more season)
SF/PF - Ingles (30; 3 more seasons)
PF - Jerebko (30; 1 more season)
C - Gobert (25; 3 more seasons); Udoh (30 ; 1 more season); Bradley (19; 1st year of rook deal)

A 26-27 year old Niko fits nicely with a 25 year old Gobert, 27 year old Rubio, 30 year old Ingles, 21 year old Mitchel, and 26 year old Burks.

I do wonder if they'd like to move Hood, but since he's also expiring, not sure that the has much value in trades, either. He'll be an RFA, so there's some... but most of his value would be for his impact this season since his it's not clear what kind of contract he should command (otherwise I'd consider swapping out the first rounder for Rodney Hood if they preferred it).
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#55 » by erlim » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:04 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:People still need to keep in mind that Mirotic has the right to veto trades. It's very possible he may not want to be traded anymore, or may not want to go to certain teams.

I think with the direction of the team going with the way of Lauri, he'll jump at the opportunity to go to a team where he could possibly start.

Then again, he really does seem to love playing for the Bulls, so who knows.

Yup.

And let's not forget, when he declared for the draft, he came right out and said that if it wasn't us or the Lakers, he wasn't coming.

And that was before he got married to a Serb (that's the implication from this article http://www.playerwives.com/nba/chicago-bulls/nikola-mirotics-wife-nina-mirotic/) anyway.

I only mention that because Chicago has a pretty large Serbian population, which naturally would be important to them if she's a Serb. And of course Serbia and Montenegro were a combined "union" for several years after the fall of Communism, though Niko is certainly Montenegrin, this far from Europe hanging out with Serbs is quite possibly as close as he's going to get (I don't know how many Montenegrins live in Chicago).

That PlayersWives.com article said that Niko and Mrs Mirotic enjoy the opera and musicals, and who knows how much that affects where he'd play.

I don't think there are many Serbs in LA, but who knows, maybe he was a Kobe fan?

If I recall correctly, Niko is an ethnic Serb.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#56 » by Indomitable » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:09 pm

pduh01 wrote:For Niko I could see teams such as the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, 76ers, and Lakers could be a good situation for him. Maybe the Magic too.

For Bobby for some reason I could see teams like the Sixers, Hornets, Mavs, Magic, & Pistons interest in Portis.

I think the Spurs is a good idea because of the Pau connection.
:banghead:
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#57 » by erlim » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Indomitable wrote:
pduh01 wrote:For Niko I could see teams such as the Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, 76ers, and Lakers could be a good situation for him. Maybe the Magic too.

For Bobby for some reason I could see teams like the Sixers, Hornets, Mavs, Magic, & Pistons interest in Portis.

I think the Spurs is a good idea because of the Pau connection.

They do seem to be good friends, and I imagine if anybody is going to get the most out of Niko, it's Pops; but they seem to have a pretty set front court depth chart.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#58 » by JimmyJammer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Niko has already confessed his love for the city of Chicago. It it were not for the Bobby incident, this would not even be a discussion. I expect Niko to say that he has moved on from the incident and does not wish to be traded. All the rumors about Niko wanting to be traded was his camp trying to push Bobby out. Book it, Niko will be a Bull by the end of the season, because he has all the leverages now regarding trades. By all accounts, Niko and his family loves it in Chicago.
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#59 » by RastaBull » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 pm

I'm rooting for the Nets hardcore this year (I've also always liked Lavert and wished for good things for him, and he's balling right now).

But if Nets can get over hump and go on any sort of role that really gets them looking like a playoff team out of East then the Cavs may value that pick less. If they start to be sure it won't even be a lotto ... then they may trade it for a win-now move feeling pressure that this is last chance with LeBron (Lopez could be target if Thompson suffers any injury setbacks ... or maybe Miro, but less confidant of that fit).
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
bulls4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 571

Post#60 » by bulls4ever » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:22 pm

team that would benefit most is .. Bulls ;)
Unless somehow we get a mid first for Niko we'd probably better just ride him. Portis probably better to save for a draft day trade if needed ...
Call 911, the tank is dying alive, tank you very much

WindyCityBorn wrote:If JJJ and Bamba end up better barring injuries I'll eat a piece of a shoe!

Return to Chicago Bulls