Image ImageImage Image

PG: Can't stop, won't stop

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: PG: Can't stop, won't stop 

Post#321 » by Rerisen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:02 am

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:...I'm pretty sure we ain't tanking.

That's what people defending the wins and how we can still get bottom 3, aren't appreciating.

Our FO just might be crazy enough to think they don't need to tank. Or, have been dictated to start competing again by next year, so don't want to divest talent.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,855

Post#322 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:03 am

the ultimates wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:
Every team outside of Cleveland, GSW, San Antonio, Houston and Boston with a healthy Hayward are treadmill teams.

So I'm to understand that the goal is no longer to build a contender? We're just trying to get back to the playoffs with a new, flashier paint job?

No you want to build a contender. Most of the teams even with high picks who are playing at mvp levels are still treadmill teams. So have those front offices messed up the rebuild or roster construction? The Wolves with two number one picks are a treadmill team.

The TWolves did **** up their roster construction actually. Teague and Wiggins are bad players to put around a core of KAT/Butler.

If the standard is genuinely a contending team, then I would agree that most front offices "messed" up. Which leads one to conclude that building a contending team almost always competes with other priorities in the real world.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#323 » by JojoSlimbiid » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:03 am

He's got a lot to work on but this is the Dunn I was hoping for. That swagger and that defense.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#324 » by madvillian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:03 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:You may not think you guys are advocating a run on the treadmill, but that's exactly what you are doing.

Red, I think you know enough to realize that there is no Curry, Harden, LeBron, Kawhi, Durant, CP3, Embiid, or Giannis type talent on this team. And I think you know at least 1 of those type of talents if not 2 to actually contend in this golden age of NBA talent.

Despite being against this entire plan to begin with, I understand what's needed to compete at a high level in the NBA. However, I don't think that plan has been altered much.

I think young players will continue to improve, but I don't think the Bulls will continue to win.

There's an Al Swearengen quote about women and the moon that describes how hard this one is gonna be.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#325 » by Dresden » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 am

RSP83 wrote:For those who choose to keep Portis over Niko, did you guys see Portis missing point blank layup and open lane dunk because he can't jump higher? This is why I can never take Portis seriously as a must keep player.

Uh, he didn't miss a dunk because he couldn't jump high enough to dunk it.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#326 » by Rerisen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:04 am

Even if you trade Niko, if Lauri comes back and plays more like early Lauri and less like slump Lauri, might not be that big of a hit.

Esp if Portis keeps it up.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,870

Post#327 » by Dresden » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 am

Indomitable wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Maybe Fred is learning to coach right before our eyes. Pushing all the right buttons all of a sudden. Team is moving on offense, finding cutters, making hustle plays. They are fun to watch again. I say good. I was never a fan of tanking and sorry I ever fell into that BS with everyone. I hope Fred and these kids destroy it from here on out. Then I hope we wind up with the gem of the draft anyway. The basketball gods should PUNISH teams who actively try to lose and reward the ones who go for it.

Yeah I actually enjoy winning. Especially the joy.

Me, too! Much more fun that losing.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#328 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 am

People understandably like Nwaba, but that **** makes no sense either. Why are we signing a guy to a 1 year deal?

For goodness sake tack a team option on the end.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#329 » by Chi town » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 am

In non tank news...

Dunn had a great floor game and strong d. Took 6 shots too many. Got hosed on a couple calls. He’s still improving and made a big impact on the game even though he shot poorly and took too many shots.

I think once LaVine gets back and doesn’t have to score as much he is going to be a 13 and 9 PG with great D.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#330 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 am

madvillian wrote:
There's an Al Swearengen quote about women and the moon that describes how hard this one is gonna be.

Well, it was happening when we were 3-20. The biggest difference in the last 4 games has been Mirotic playing like a **** Monstar.

Like I said, there's a lot of unsustainability involved in this 4 game win streak. Portis isn't shooting 60% the rest of the way. Mirotic isn't going to continue being a 26 PER player the rest of the way.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#331 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:09 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Maybe Fred is learning to coach right before our eyes. Pushing all the right buttons all of a sudden. Team is moving on offense, finding cutters, making hustle plays. They are fun to watch again. I say good. I was never a fan of tanking and sorry I ever fell into that BS with everyone. I hope Fred and these kids destroy it from here on out. Then I hope we wind up with the gem of the draft anyway. The basketball gods should PUNISH teams who actively try to lose and reward the ones who go for it.

Don't forget the last 8 games, our Def Rtg is #9 in the league (not counting tonight's game).

I don't mean "our Def Rtg over the last 8 games would have us #9 if we did it all year". All 30 teams' last 8 games, our defense was #9 coming in to tonight.

And definitely went down tonight.

100 points - 91 FGA with 5 offensive rebounds = 86 possesions at the least - 7 FTA with no misses is another 2 or 3 possessions - 16 TO is 104 or 105 possessions.

96.2 or 95.2 Def Rtg in tonight's game (using reality instead of the formulas, don't know how much that changes things but it should be pretty close)
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#332 » by the ultimates » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:10 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:So I'm to understand that the goal is no longer to build a contender? We're just trying to get back to the playoffs with a new, flashier paint job?

No you want to build a contender. Most of the teams even with high picks who are playing at mvp levels are still treadmill teams. So have those front offices messed up the rebuild or roster construction? The Wolves with two number one picks are a treadmill team.

The TWolves did **** up their roster construction actually. Teague and Wiggins are bad players to put around a core of KAT/Butler.

If the standard is genuinely a contending team, then I would agree that most front offices "messed" up. Which leads one to conclude that building a contending team almost always competes with other priorities in the real world.

Who was saying they messed up when they drafted Wiggins? Nobody. That was supposed to be one of the pillars of all those years of losing. Wiggins is actually a perfect example. You lose so many games get that number one pick who isn't a bad or missed pick but is good but far from great player. So that guy gets you on the treadmill. A similar thing can be said for KAT and his surprisingly bad defense.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#333 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:11 am

the ultimates wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:

Who was saying they messed up when they drafted Wiggins? Nobody. That was supposed to be one of the pillars of all those years of losing. Wiggins is actually a perfect example. You lose so many games get that number one pick who isn't a bad or missed pick but is good but far from great player. So that guy gets you on the treadmill. A similar thing can be said for KAT and his surprisingly bad defense.

That guy only gets you on the treadmill if you commit a max contract into him instead of trading him.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#334 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:15 am

I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#335 » by Alcatraz17 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:16 am

Was at the game tonight...loved it...

But man...Ive been calling it...too much talent to finish bottom 3 right now.

Ill say it again, you need to thin out the depth!!!

Lopez
Holiday
Niko
Portis

3 of those 4 guys can and should be moved. You trade any of those 3 guys with d-leaguers or bench fillers...that should help slow this down.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#336 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 am

Don't forget the defense...

Every team's last 9 games, our Def Rtg is 7th in the NBA.

Take that Thibs, and TTFC. :lol:
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter

Post#337 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 am

Every team's last 9 games, our Def Rtg is 7th in the NBA.

Take that Thibs, and TTFC.

http://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced/?sort=OFF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=9
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#338 » by the ultimates » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:The TWolves did **** up their roster construction actually. Teague and Wiggins are bad players to put around a core of KAT/Butler.

That guy only gets you on the treadmill if you commit a max contract into him instead of trading him.

Not to get too far off topic what would be trading him for? Roleplayers? Other young players and picks? People hate the NBA hell of non contending they need to also hate the NBA hell of perpetually being in lottery.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#339 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
madvillian wrote:

Well, it was happening when we were 3-20. The biggest difference in the last 4 games has been Mirotic playing like a **** Monstar.

Like I said, there's a lot of unsustainability involved in this 4 game win streak. Portis isn't shooting 60% the rest of the way. Mirotic isn't going to continue being a 26 PER player the rest of the way.

What if he stays around 23-25 PER? and continues to show us what we're seeing right now. Complete game.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#340 » by Stratmaster » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:18 am

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
The Evidence wrote:
Read on Twitter

8-)

My boy and I had it on the Jazz feed at the time, so I don't if the Bulls feed had it as clear, but we saw it right away, live, the last 2 "F him"s, and he just looked at me and we laughed so hard, it was so blatant.

Then they showed the replay, and I saw like 3 or 4 "F him"s it looked like.

Never mind, just watched the clip here, there were AT LEAST 2 more "F him"s, it started right after teammates approached him after the make.

I was watching that same feed. I think Dunn was tired of players going around him to the rim all night :)

Return to Chicago Bulls