Image ImageImage Image

Robin Lopez we appreciate you

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,904

Re: Robin Lopez we appreciate you 

Post#61 » by RSP83 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 pm

I love RoLo, I wish we could've had him during the Thibs years. But then again he wasn't the same player he is today back then. I'm actually surprise how solid he is all-around on both ends, I used to always thought of him as the less talented Lopez brothers. With Brook as the one who can give you 20 points a night, Robin is more of the blue collar banger type and score off putbacks. But Robin's offensive skill is actually much more advanced than I expected, I may be bias after having Noah as our center for years. I didn't know Robin can hit that mid-range jumper. He's a model solid pro.

Come to think of it, I think he makes my top 5 fave Bulls center of my lifetime: 1.Noah, 2. Bison Dele AKA Brian Williams, 3. Robin Lopez, 4. Brad Miller, 5. Luc Longley
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#62 » by Flopper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:19 pm

I appreciate Robin Lopez dunking on Jordan Bell so hard that he was unable to rattle off his tired "cash considerations" memes to the media after the game.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#63 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:55 pm

find robin lopez
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#64 » by League Circles » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah, Robin's main move in the rebounding game is to take a man out of the picture by boxing out, and taking himself out of it at the same time. Turns a 5 on 5 rebounding effort into a 4 x 4.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#65 » by contestedlayups » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:09 pm

RSP83 wrote:I love RoLo, I wish we could've had him during the Thibs years. But then again he wasn't the same player he is today back then. I'm actually surprise how solid he is all-around on both ends, I used to always thought of him as the less talented Lopez brothers. With Brook as the one who can give you 20 points a night, Robin is more of the blue collar banger type and score off putbacks. But Robin's offensive skill is actually much more advanced than I expected, I may be bias after having Noah as our center for years. I didn't know Robin can hit that mid-range jumper. He's a model solid pro.

Come to think of it, I think he makes my top 5 fave Bulls center of my lifetime: 1.Noah, 2. Bison Dele AKA Brian Williams, 3. Robin Lopez, 4. Brad Miller, 5. Luc Longley

No Bill Cartwright love huh? Or Ben Wallace? :lol:
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
contestedlayups
Sixth Man

Post#66 » by contestedlayups » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:13 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:Image

find robin lopez

That is an interesting chart. What is considered a "box out" is kind of arbitrary though. They come in many different forms.

transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#67 » by transplant » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm

Contrary to the OP, I think lots of posters here have posted positive thoughts about Lopez, me included. Lopez is a friggin' rock who is consistently where he's supposed to be and doing what he's supposed to do. This is why he's a great example to the young bigs and has helped all of the young players on the team develop their games.

This said, if you're ranking centers in the league, where do you put him? Top half of the league? I don't see it. Eventually, the Bulls are going to need to do better.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#68 » by dice » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm

i was really hoping when i read this thread title that the bulls had figured out a way to circumvent the trade deadline
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#69 » by dice » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm

League Circles wrote:Yeah, Robin's main move in the rebounding game is to take a man out of the picture by boxing out, and taking himself out of it at the same time. Turns a 5 on 5 rebounding effort into a 4 x 4.

interesting take, but the reality is that if everybody boxed out like that the offense would get very few rebounds

the chart shows that the guys who get the most rebounds are the ones who box out the least and vice-versa. good information for players who want to be stat stuffers, but it basically tells the rest of us not to trust rebounding numbers on their face
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#70 » by ZOMG » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:05 pm

dice wrote:it basically tells the rest of us not to trust rebounding numbers on their face

Well, it's certainly not much of an exaggeration to say that defensive rebounding numbers don't mean much in today's NBA. Due to teams shooting a lot of threes and at least four guys heading back immediately after the shot goes up to prevent fast breaks, there's a LOT of free defensive rebounds available in each game. Often it's just a question of who's unscrupulous enough to steal them from their teammates (hello, Bobby!).
NikosTheGoat
Senior
And1: 499

Post#71 » by NikosTheGoat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 pm

robin is the most neutral player in the entire league imo. he's a guy that gets paid a bunch of money and is an average player. on the court, i don't dislike him, i don't love him. he seems like a nice guy, but as a basketball player, he's just kind of...there. you're not trying to unload his contract, but he's not part of your future, but no other team really wants him on their team.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#72 » by kodo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 am

Lopez is a Hustle stat All-Star in most respects.

Top 6 in Screen Assists per game.
Top 8 in Contested Shots per game (non 3s)
Top 5 in Box Outs per game.

He & Capela are the only ones doing this amount of work in under 30 mpg.

Considering the guys ahead of him on these stats are all max players / all-stars (Gobert, KAT, Embiid, Cousins, Capela, Jokic, Horford, etc..) he's an incredible bargain for Chicago.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#73 » by sco » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:22 am

kodo wrote:Lopez is a Hustle stat All-Star in most respects.

Considering the guys ahead of him on these stats are all max players / all-stars (Gobert, KAT, Embiid, Cousins, Capela, Jokic, Horford, etc..) he's an incredible bargain for Chicago.

Like I said before, he's a keeper - hope we can resign him as a long-term back-up after this contract. He's probably got 5 decent years left.
:clap:
contestedlayups
Sixth Man

Post#74 » by contestedlayups » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:02 pm

kodo wrote:Lopez is a Hustle stat All-Star in most respects.

That's interesting that he's in the top 8 in Contested Shots per game, as I find myself bemoaning Robin's lack of getting his hand in the face of a shooter at least once per game. He does do a great job of preventing easy drives to the basket, though. Regardless, he's a great bargain for the Bulls and should not be overlooked as a part of this rebuild.

Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#75 » by Ugly Duckling » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 am

Brook looked like the better twin initially, but their trajectories diverged and Robin overtook him
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Taikuri
Pro Prospect
And1: 307

Post#76 » by Taikuri » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 am

Talented with shoe art as well. This was during last all-star game. I didn't see this clip so maybe other's didn't as well:

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#77 » by Dan Z » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:43 am

Read on Twitter
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,545

Post#78 » by Ice Man » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:56 am

The guy is pure class.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#79 » by GimmeDat » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:06 am

Respect.
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#80 » by Just_Bullz » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:21 am

Dan Z wrote:
Read on Twitter

He and Taj are the one of the pure gold class bulls players since the MJ era.

Return to Chicago Bulls