Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:30 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1573268 - old thread

Continue discussion here.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Re: Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here 

Post#2 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 am

Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this deal

Miami trades: Bam Adebayo

Chicago trades: Bobby Portis

Bulls get their center of the future, who likely won't see the court anytime soon behind Whitside. Miami gets a shooting forward that would work well starting next to Whiteside.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#3 » by thedarkstark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:12 am

Dumping Niko or Bobby for a mid-late 1st round does next to nothing, it's at best a lateral move.

In order to fall enough in the standings for it to make a significant impact we'd need to gut a large part of the rotation. If Niko goes then Rolo and Holiday need to be gone also otherwise you're just trading a proven player for a question mark to move up what? Maybe 2 spots? Jumping up from pick #12 to #10 isn't going to do jack.
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#4 » by Costa78 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:26 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Curious if anyone has any thoughts on this deal

Bulls get their center of the future, who likely won't see the court anytime soon behind Whitside. Miami gets a shooting forward that would work well starting next to Whiteside.

I would say yes, but I doubt it does much for us either way. Bam is a much better athlete than Bobby, but Not quite the perimeter threat. I would look at trades tha either move the needle in our rebuild, or a calculated risk on an upside player without giving up much. Still think Bobby can continue to get better with more time.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#5 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:31 am

No unless the center is a star I would rather have two stretch fours. Bulls need to prepared to keep Portis long term if Niko is gone.

No traditional center is going to play major minutes for Chicago unless it is Ayton type talent.

Niko or Portis need to stay. Trading both would be extremely stupid with offense we want to run.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Post#6 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:33 am

Costa78 wrote:

I would say yes, but I doubt it does much for us either way. Bam is a much better athlete than Bobby, but Not quite the perimeter threat. I would look at trades tha either move the needle in our rebuild, or a calculated risk on an upside player without giving up much. Still think Bobby can continue to get better with more time.

The Bulls should be looking for a young defensive center. They already have perimeter threats in Lauri and Niko. The Bulls could plug in Bam a center next to Lauri for the next decade.

Getting Bam accomplishes what you ask. He isn't ready to give you 35 minutes a night, so the the bulls get worse in the immediate, and he has huge upside, is only 20.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#7 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 am

Costa78 wrote:

It makes Chicago worse. Huge part of the Bulls offensive success is the floor spacing our 3 stretch 4s provide. Going to just one is would be a really bad move. I say just one because I'm counting Niko halfway out the door already.
3noD
Sixth Man
And1: 562

Post#8 » by 3noD » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:46 am

How about Niko for Bam and Justice?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#9 » by waffle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:54 am

Cleveland needs to do something. Wouldn't Niko and Holiday help them? They would immediately become 2 of their best defenders and would give them some much needed length

Mind you, like most here, I despise Cleveland and don't want to do anything to help L. James...but still...I think they are guaranteed to make some kind of move. That roster just isn't working
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#10 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:03 am

I do the Bam deal, but it's close.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#11 » by nomorezorro » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 am

miami is super high on bam, right? i feel like there's no way they do that
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#12 » by Onibuh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 am

thedarkstark wrote:Dumping Niko or Bobby for a mid-late 1st round does next to nothing, it's at best a lateral move.

In order to fall enough in the standings for it to make a significant impact we'd need to gut a large part of the rotation. If Niko goes then Rolo and Holiday need to be gone also otherwise you're just trading a proven player for a question mark to move up what? Maybe 2 spots? Jumping up from pick #12 to #10 isn't going to do jack.

with that late 1st and the own pick at #12 you can move up in the draft if you like that one Player at #7/#8 and the other Team doesn't like him that much.
It solves the Niko vs Bobby Problem.

what is the negative?
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#13 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:56 am

nomorezorro wrote:miami is super high on bam, right? i feel like there's no way they do that

Correct. Bobby Portis isn't fetching us Bam. I'm pretty sure that at this point they would be more likely to trade Whiteside considering his large contract. Not to mention, Spoelstra has been going with Bam/Olynyk over Whiteside down the stretch.

I wouldn't even be opposed to trading for Whiteside though considering that were out of the running for a top pick, and aren't going to attract any prime free agents.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#14 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 am

I don't think Niko gets Bam and Justice, I don't think Niko has as much value as Portis.

It's probably a non-starter as you guys said though, Miami is high on Bam.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#15 » by Onibuh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:42 am

Whats the Price for Whiteside?
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#16 » by petebraun0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 am

how about Lopez to Boston for their late 1st rounder and they possibly include Theiss. not sure who the salary equalizer would be.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#17 » by petebraun0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 am

How about Niko and Holiday to Indiana for Sabonis and their 2nd rounder? We get younger. They get the better outside shooter.
petebraun0
Senior

Post#18 » by petebraun0 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

How about Holiday to Cleveland for Osman and a future 2nd rounder?
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#19 » by TheHrvReport » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 am

Niko and Rolo for Whiteside, get it done Gar.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#20 » by Onibuh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:57 am

Rolo for CLE 1st & Shumpert

Holiday & Portis/Niko for Whiteside

Return to Chicago Bulls