Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

sh0ck
Starter
And1: 1,024

Re: Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here 

Post#1521 » by sh0ck » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:54 pm

KevinPandawong wrote:Deng+Ingram for 7 has more life to it given Kawhi's recent statement. I take Ingram over anyone in the range of pick 7 easily, the only drawback is having 2 years less on a rookie contract. He's 9 months older than Porter Jr by the way.

The 2 years less on the contract is a big drawback. His inconsistent shooting is troubling too.

Then you're also taking yourself out of 2019 FA with Deng's contract (and future FAs after you extend Ingram).

Taking on Deng's deal itself is worthy of at least a 1st rounder. Having to include the #7 to get a player who might not even be better than the top7 RIGHT NOW?

This is a terrible deal.
sh0ck
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#1522 » by sh0ck » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:59 pm

I'm wondering, if the Bulls really don't want to draft a big up in #7.

What if they offer,

#7 to Washington for #15 and Otto Porter?

They help Washington with their cap troubles and allow them to draft a big (which they really need), and the Bulls get the perfect 3D player locked into a fairly decent deal. Then they can draft another wing at 15 (which there will be a good amount of options) or even go with a high upside big like Williams/Mitchell if they're still there.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1523 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:12 am

sh0ck wrote:
#7 to Washington for #15 and Otto Porter?

They help Washington with their cap troubles and allow them to draft a big (which they really need), and the Bulls get the perfect 3D player locked into a fairly decent deal. Then they can draft another wing at 15 (which there will be a good amount of options) or even go with a high upside big like Williams/Mitchell if they're still there.

I dont know if WSH would do it,but it would be awesome for Bulls.. we get Otto for SF and maybe Walker or DiVincenzo for SG,
or even Mitchell for C
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1524 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:35 am

I love Otto Porter but the guy's getting paid like 27m. I don't think you can garner positive value on that deal unless you're a superstar.

I'd probably offer them Portis, Felicio, Asik for Porter and fillers and if not, say no thanks.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1525 » by rtblues » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:36 am

I digress, re: the 22nd pick, and alleged verbal commitment ny the Bulls to Chandler Hutchinson:

Since admittedly I didn't know much about this kid prior to hearing about the possibility of CHI taking him at #22, so, I went back to watch some film on him on YouTube. Kind of like what I was seeing for a player at #22!

He plays with some real bounce in his game, super athletic, great finisher, good shooter - 2s, 3s and FTs, adequate defender with upside to improve this as well. Could be looking at a steal.

Seems like being at Boise State kept him a bit under the radar. Granted, the competition that Boise State played wasn't always top notch, but they did play some good teams as well.

Anyone here got some more information/opinions on this guy?
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#1526 » by rtblues » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:38 am

rtblues wrote:I digress, re: the 22nd pick, and alleged verbal commitment ny the Bulls to Chandler Hutchinson:

Since admittedly I didn't know much about this kid prior to hearing about the possibility of CHI taking him at #22, so, I went back to watch some film on him on YouTube. Kind of like what I was seeing for a player at #22!

He plays with some real bounce in his game, super athletic, great finisher, good shooter - 2s, 3s and FTs, adequate defender with upside to improve this as well. Could be looking at a steal.

Seems like being at Boise State kept him a bit under the radar. Granted, the competition that Boise State played wasn't always top notch, but they did play some good teams as well.

Anyone here got some more information/opinions on this guy?

P.S. Just hope Gar-Pax don't sell him to GS for $3,000,000 :lol: :banghead:
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
tunit213
Senior
And1: 398

Post#1527 » by tunit213 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:28 am

Would you guys trade Markkanen, Lopez, #7 for Leonard?
Sign Lebron.

PG-Dunn
SG-Lavine
SF-Leonard
PF-James
C-Portis

Would that team even come out of the East?
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#1528 » by Axolotl » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:35 am

tunit213 wrote:Would you guys trade Markkanen, Lopez, #7 for Leonard?
Sign Lebron.

PG-Dunn
SG-Lavine
SF-Leonard
PF-James
C-Portis

The Cavs went to the finals this year, which means that LeBron & whoever will come out of the East. Still, I'd rather see us rebuilding than signing LeBron for a year.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Darius Miles Davis
Veteran
And1: 452

Post#1529 » by Darius Miles Davis » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:41 am

Sign Lebron.

PG-Dunn
SG-Lavine
SF-Leonard
PF-James
C-Portis

LeBron coming to Chicago is just not on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Uh...we've always like ET. ET has big hands. His mother has big hands."
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#1530 » by BullsFTW » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:10 am

Sign Lebron.

PG-Dunn
SG-Lavine
SF-Leonard
PF-James
C-Portis

I wouldn't offer both #7 & Lauri. I'd probably consider a package of #7 + Portis + #22 + 2019 Future 1st (Top 3 Protected) for Kawhi Leonard.

F Kawhi
F Lauri
C Rolo
G LaVine
G Dunn
6th Man: Denzel
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#1531 » by Bulldog23 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:06 pm

sh0ck wrote:
KevinPandawong wrote:Deng+Ingram for 7 has more life to it given Kawhi's recent statement. I take Ingram over anyone in the range of pick 7 easily, the only drawback is having 2 years less on a rookie contract. He's 9 months older than Porter Jr by the way.

The 2 years less on the contract is a big drawback. His inconsistent shooting is troubling too.

Then you're also taking yourself out of 2019 FA with Deng's contract (and future FAs after you extend Ingram).

Taking on Deng's deal itself is worthy of at least a 1st rounder. Having to include the #7 to get a player who might not even be better than the top7 RIGHT NOW?

This is a terrible deal.

I don't understand why the Bulls need to add a pick for this deal. Removing Deng allows the Lakers to be big players in a trade or free agency. That being said, Ingram and Deng is a better deal. I am all in on that one. This allows the Bulls to get the best big available at 7 that complements Laurie. Deng is better risk than Parson. This deal can happen after the draft as well. But this is all contingent on Lakers getting the free agents they want, which the Bulls lose some control over, if the Bulls can't wait or judge it less likely that the Lakers can pull it off then the trade with Memphis is a better option.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#1532 » by sco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:
sh0ck wrote:

This is a terrible deal.

I don't understand why the Bulls need to add a pick for this deal. Removing Deng allows the Lakers to be big players in a trade or free agency. That being said, Ingram and Deng is a better deal. I am all in on that one. This allows the Bulls to get the best big available at 7 that complements Laurie. Deng is better risk than Parson. This deal can happen after the draft as well. But this is all contingent on Lakers getting the free agents they want, which the Bulls lose some control over, if the Bulls can't wait or judge it less likely that the Lakers can pull it off then the trade with Memphis is a better option.

I do think the Lakers are going to need to trade Deng. If they are going after LBJ, George, Kawhi and Paul - trying for 2, the guy they should be trying to dump is Lonzo. They may be able to do 25 and next year's 1st alternatively.
:clap:
sco
RealGM

Post#1533 » by sco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:45 pm

sco wrote:
Bulldog23 wrote:
sh0ck wrote:

This is a terrible deal.

I do think the Lakers are going to need to trade Deng. If they are going after LBJ, George, Kawhi and Paul - trying for 2, the guy they should be trying to dump is Lonzo. They may be able to do 25 and next year's 1st alternatively.

Saw this after I posted...https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250211/Lonzo-Ball-Unlikely-To-Be-Retained-By-Lakers-If-LeBron-James-Commits
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#1534 » by waffle » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:44 pm

I think there is going to be a fair amount of movement this off season, and lo here we are with 1) trade-able contracts 2) Semi trade-able players 3) cap space and 4) picks, now and in the future. I could easily see us acting as a facilitator and benefiting from it. For once.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#1535 » by LikeABosh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:07 am

Sign Lebron.

PG-Dunn
SG-Lavine
SF-Leonard
PF-James
C-Portis

I don't think the market is that strong for Leonard that you'd need to include Markkanen (which you shouldn't anyways)

If the Spurs are serious about not trading to a WC team then you guys could probably beat most other offers not involving Jaylen Brown or Simmons. Definitely think it's possible #7 and some combination of Valentine/Portis/Filler could get it done. But it's tough to say. A lot of question marks surrounding Kawhi

And that's even if you want to blow up the tank and think you can compete with a Dunn-Lavine-Kawhi-Markanen-Lopez lineup. That's actually a pretty good team, but obviously won't beat GS yet
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

When Pursue Max FA? 

Post#1536 » by pipfan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:17 am

I know this depends on a lot of factors, but from what we know now, when should we go after max FA's?

Here is my plan
1. Bayless/#26 for Grant
Philly clears almost $10 million more, not just for LBJ but if they strike out, for other FA's to fill in their roster. Grant is a nice 5th guard for them.

2. Valentine/#26 for Faried/#14
Denver saves a ton of $ and gets Valentine off the bench cheap for 2 years

3. JSmith/Meeks/#15 for Portis
Washington gets Bobby, who could start now or next year, and they save enough to get them out of the tax

Bulls end up with 7/14/15/22-let say they offer the 7/14 for the #5 and get Bamba or JJJ

We go into this year with
Dunn/Payne/Bayless
Lavine/Nwaba/Meeks (ZSmith-#15)
Holiday/Nwaba/Hutchenson (#22)
Lauri/Faried/Smith
rolo/Bamba-JJJ/Felicio

We then have TONS of cap space for 2019 to try for 2 max FA, plus a young core of Dunn/Lauri/Lavine/Nwaba/2018 draft picks
plus our 2019 pick

Would Butler/Irving/Leonard/Walker/Klay be interested?

BUT-with so many bad deals expiring in 2020, we could eat MORE bad, expiring deals and get future picks (we would have enough youth next year) and have max space for AD?
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Re: When Pursue Max FA? 

Post#1537 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:46 am

I think it should be next year. Unless Kawhi somehow becomes available, which is unlikely.

I think we should add 2 guys through the draft this year, only sign 1 year deals this off season and go hard and uniting kyrie and jimmy on the bulls. Especially if LeBron goes west. East will be wide open.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
sco
RealGM

Re: When Pursue Max FA? 

Post#1538 » by sco » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:38 am

pipfan wrote:I know this depends on a lot of factors, but from what we know now, when should we go after max FA's?

Here is my plan
1. Bayless/#26 for Grant
Philly clears almost $10 million more, not just for LBJ but if they strike out, for other FA's to fill in their roster. Grant is a nice 5th guard for them.

2. Valentine/#26 for Faried/#14
Denver saves a ton of $ and gets Valentine off the bench cheap for 2 years

3. JSmith/Meeks/#15 for Portis
Washington gets Bobby, who could start now or next year, and they save enough to get them out of the tax

Bulls end up with 7/14/15/22-let say they offer the 7/14 for the #5 and get Bamba or JJJ

We go into this year with
Dunn/Payne/Bayless
Lavine/Nwaba/Meeks (ZSmith-#15)
Holiday/Nwaba/Hutchenson (#22)
Lauri/Faried/Smith
rolo/Bamba-JJJ/Felicio

We then have TONS of cap space for 2019 to try for 2 max FA, plus a young core of Dunn/Lauri/Lavine/Nwaba/2018 draft picks
plus our 2019 pick

Would Butler/Irving/Leonard/Walker/Klay be interested?

BUT-with so many bad deals expiring in 2020, we could eat MORE bad, expiring deals and get future picks (we would have enough youth next year) and have max space for AD?

Would that be a record for trading? GARPAX would go down in history.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#1539 » by theanimal23 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:01 am

Deng and Kuzma for Asik
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1540 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:12 pm

theanimal23 wrote:Deng and Kuzma for Asik

that doesn't really solve any problems for the lakers.

Return to Chicago Bulls