Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Re: Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here 

Post#1561 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Onibuh wrote:Is Doncic really better than #7 AND #14 ?

Oh yes
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,777

Post#1562 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Wiz fan, I come in peace. Using the Howard to BKN template, how about:

Ian Mahinmi/2nd round picks/cash for Felicio?

Reasoning: Wiz get out from the tax. For Chicago, in Summer of 2020, between estimated salaries and cap holds (ignoring Zipser, Asik and Kilpatrick), I'm guessing Chicago's total salaries will be around $48 million with a projected 2020 cap of $114 million. That's almost $66 million in cap room with guys like Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, Andre Drummond, DDR being free agents. Truth be told, you don't really need to move Felicio since you'll have enough cap room as is but your only guaranteed contracts at that point would be your 2018 and 2019 draft picks and Lauri.

Thoughts?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1563 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Wiz fan, I come in peace. Using the Howard to BKN template, how about:

Reasoning: Wiz get out from the tax. For Chicago, in Summer of 2020, between estimated salaries and cap holds (ignoring Zipser, Asik and Kilpatrick), I'm guessing Chicago's total salaries will be around $48 million with a projected 2020 cap of $114 million. That's almost $66 million in cap room with guys like Anthony Davis, Draymond Green, Andre Drummond, DDR being free agents. Truth be told, you don't really need to move Felicio since you'll have enough cap room as is but your only guaranteed contracts at that point would be your 2018 and 2019 draft picks and Lauri.

Thoughts?

I'd do it.

I wish Gar/Pax would listen to me. :-?
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1564 » by aramada » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Wiz fan, I come in peace. Using the Howard to BKN template, how about:

Thoughts?

I think the Bulls do it after the draft if they aren't able to use their 18-19 space to go up from #22 or add another first. While this Dwight trade gives an element of value for large expirings on teams close to tax, it also removes one salary relief provider. That means it might require more assets going forward.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,777

Post#1565 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:58 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

Thoughts?

I'd do it.

I also forgot AD is a Chi-town kid. At that point max salaries are probably starting at $40 million anyway, so maybe the extra $6 million they can shave off would be helpful.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
NewEra21
Pro Prospect
And1: 414

Post#1566 » by NewEra21 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

Thoughts?

I'd do it.

I also forgot AD is a Chi-town kid. At that point max salaries are probably starting at $40 million anyway, so maybe the extra $6 million they can shave off would be helpful.

I would as well, but front office would never go for it. They're not in the business of receiving 2nd rounders, only giving them away.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1567 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:59 pm

Thoughts?

It is reasonable after seeing the Howard trade. I'd do that because they take on Mahinmi's big contract but subtracting Felicio knocks down the hit they take. It answers one of my criticsms of most trades that send Mahinmi or other centers to the Bulls, it gets rid of a center they have to keep them at 3 at that position, not counting Portis. Second reason is they get one or more second round picks which they have traded away or wasted in the past.

The other reason to do it is it doesn't include any picks so they could still make other deals to move up or down. Getting a guy who could start at the 5 actually puts Lopez in the mix for trades which hasn't been the case much up until now. To me he'd be a good guy for CLE to get, if Lebron stays he'd be a natural center to start moving Love to the 4 and better then Thompson and be a solid role player if Lebron leaves then he's good for one year and comes off the books as they rebuild.
ChettheJet
Head Coach

Post#1568 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:22 pm

Here's where I saw this

http://bleacherreport.com/nba-rumors

Chicago Bulls Receive: SG Iman Shumpert, No. 2
Sacramento Kings Receive: PF/C Bobby Portis, No. 7, No. 22

Of course my first offer would be to maybe include Valentine rather than #22 because we're helping SAC cut salary and giving them a useful player but I'd still do it and not try to get greedy adding others

Taking Doncic.

Resign Vonleh.

Markkanen Vonleh
Doncic Holiday Schumpert
Lopez Vonleh Felicio Asik
LaVine Valentine Kilpatrick
Dunn Payne Grant

After the draft I'd be looking to see who ends up being released, looking for a better backup PG and an extra backup 4. But I could live with that roster
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#1569 » by Betta Bulleavit » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:26 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

Oh yes

You have a lot of company in that belief. But I am just not sold. And I've tried to sell myself on the idea that you give up any and everything to get Doncic and every time that I try I it leads me back to the realization that he just isn't worth what most people seem to think that he is. Not a knock on him personally because very few players are worth it like that. Davis, Lebron, KD, Giannis maybe. Those are the kind of players that I think about when I think about betting the farm. Does anyone here see Doncic ever being that type of an impact player?
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#1570 » by Lauri_Legend » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Here's where I saw this

Of course my first offer would be to maybe include Valentine rather than #22 because we're helping SAC cut salary and giving them a useful player but I'd still do it and not try to get greedy adding others

Taking Doncic.

Resign Vonleh.

Markkanen Vonleh
Doncic Holiday Schumpert
Dunn Payne Grant

After the draft I'd be looking to see who ends up being released, looking for a better backup PG and an extra backup 4. But I could live with that roster

You'd have to be a very dysfunctional franchise in Sacramento to give up a chance to draft a franchise changing player (Possibly Doncic or Bagley) to move down and draft at #7 and grab Bobby who is a reserve player on a good team and a #22 pick.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#1571 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Betta Bulleavit wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

Oh yes

You have a lot of company in that belief. But I am just not sold. And I've tried to sell myself on the idea that you give up any and everything to get Doncic and every time that I try I it leads me back to the realization that he just isn't worth what most people seem to think that he is. Not a knock on him personally because very few players are worth it like that. Davis, Lebron, KD, Giannis maybe. Those are the kind of players that I think about when I think about betting the farm. Does anyone here see Doncic ever being that type of an impact player?

Our farm sucks dude. Let's just bet it. Other than Lauri.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1572 » by Onibuh » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
Betta Bulleavit wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Oh yes

Our farm sucks dude. Let's just bet it. Other than Lauri.

Isn't that the reason why it makes sense to have more lottery picks instead of one (who isn't a sure bet to become a star).
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#1573 » by Dominator83 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:26 am

NewEra21 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:I'd do it.

I would as well, but front office would never go for it. They're not in the business of receiving 2nd rounders, only giving them away.

Yea but Wiz fan is also offering cash considerations! That's an easy yes from our F.O.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#1574 » by sco » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:49 pm

If I had to help Boston get Bamba, I'd consider:

Boston - In: #4 Out: J. Brown, Sac 19
Memphis - In: #7, Felicio Out: #4, Parsons
Chicago - In: J. Brown, Sac 19, Parson Out: #7, Felicio
:clap:
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1575 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:11 pm

ChettheJet wrote:Here's where I saw this

Taking Doncic.

Resign Vonleh.

Markkanen Vonleh
Doncic Holiday Schumpert
Dunn Payne Grant

Would love to get Luka, BUT I WANT 2 DRAFT PICKS this year,not only one.. or one pick and one solid player back!
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,004

Post#1576 » by Peelboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:40 pm

sco wrote:If I had to help Boston get Bamba, I'd consider:

Why would Bulls do that v simply trading 7+Felicio for 4+ Parson? Memphis doesn’t care, they send/receive the same. Bulls would have to value Brian+Sac19 over #4. Don’t see it.
sco
RealGM

Post#1577 » by sco » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Peelboy wrote:
sco wrote:If I had to help Boston get Bamba, I'd consider:

Why would Bulls do that v simply trading 7+Felicio for 4+ Parson? Memphis doesn’t care, they send/receive the same. Bulls would have to value Brian+Sac19 over #4. Don’t see it.

I prefer Brown and Sac 19 to #7.
ChettheJet
Head Coach

Post#1578 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:23 pm

It seems like a lot for the Bulls to move up to #2 for Doncic, I honestly don't see Pax giving up much to move up to #4 to get Bamba if it includes taking back $50M with Parsons, hell I don't see any team swallowing that pill.

But what if they make two trades and step up. Send #7 and Robin Lopez to DAL and take #5, Powell and Matthews. DAL doesn't really have a center, they're playing Dirk and Lopez is an expiring deal at a significant savings over Powell and Matthews. They can probably get close to the same talent at #7 that they were looking at for #5.

The Bulls then send #5, #22 and Portis maybe Grant for #2. Depending on who ATL and MEM pick or trade to, the Kings still get one from Bagley, Jackson, Bamba, Porter, Young. Or they could see what they could trade down and get.
ChettheJet
Head Coach

Post#1579 » by ChettheJet » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 pm

There's a story that the Bucks would be willing to trade down from #17 to get rid of Dellavedova who has 2 years and $19M.

If they want #22 and take back Grant, Dellavedova could be a fair backup at both guard spots.

Would #17 help them move higher and they could include Valentine and/or Holiday since they added another guard
sco
RealGM

Post#1580 » by sco » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:30 pm

ChettheJet wrote:There's a story that the Bucks would be willing to trade down from #17 to get rid of Dellavedova who has 2 years and $19M.

If they want #22 and take back Grant, Dellavedova could be a fair backup at both guard spots.

Would #17 help them move higher and they could include Valentine and/or Holiday since they added another guard

Wow - I would do that so fast! I like Dellavedova and Bucks have too many PG's. He could keep Dunn honest.

Also saw:

wiretap wrote:The Philadelphia 76ers held internal talks about packaging Markelle Fultz as well as the No. 10 and No. 26 picks to move into the top-5 to select Michael Porter Jr., according to sources.

The 76ers moved away from that strategy due to Porter's recurring back issues.

Fultz will be the favorite to start at shooting guard for the 76ers next season if JJ Redick leaves in free agency.

The 76ers traded up to select Fultz just a year ago, sending the Sacramento Kings' 2019 unprotected pick to the Boston Celtics.

Fultz, 10 and 26 if Porter's still there at 7. I would do that 11 times out of 10. (assuming JJJ and Bamba are gone).

Return to Chicago Bulls