Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Re: Trade Thread 2: Make your offers here 

Post#1581 » by sco » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Also see Wash looking to dump Gortat (but not for 15). 2 ideas:

1) Gortat for Felicio straight-up.
2) Gortat/Oubre for RoLo/Portis and/or Valentine or 22
:clap:
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#1582 » by logical_art » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:20 am

What about Lonzo if LeBron wants to go to LA.

I like him over Dunn, even with dad in tow.

Could we get Lonzo in return for taking Deng's salary if LeBron want's to go there?
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,004

Post#1583 » by Peelboy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 pm

logical_art wrote:What about Lonzo if LeBron wants to go to LA.

I like him over Dunn, even with dad in tow.

Could we get Lonzo in return for taking Deng's salary if LeBron want's to go there?

I happily take Deng but really want no part of Lonzo. Flip him elsewhere for other assets or force LA to give up (in order) Ingram or Kuzma. Or Faried and a future pick. Collecting assets.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Post#1584 » by Chi town » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:08 pm

TRADE BOBBY
We have a glut of bigs again.

I'm thinking CJ and Aminu bad contract for Lavine, Portis, and expirings.

Dunn/Payne
CJ/Val
Aminu/Hutch
Lauri/Aminu
Carter

I like the idea of CJ and Lauri for our offense. We have enough D to cover as well.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,951

Post#1585 » by Chi town » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:10 pm

Chi town wrote:TRADE BOBBY
We have a glut of bigs again.

I'm thinking CJ and Aminu bad contract for Lavine, Portis, and expirings.

Dunn/Payne
CJ/Val
Aminu/Hutch
Lauri/Aminu
Carter

I like the idea of CJ and Lauri for our offense. We have enough D to cover as well.

Maybe not. 24M per year for CJ. I think Lavine will be 15M per.
sco
RealGM

Post#1586 » by sco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Now that Orlando has Bamba. I wonder if we could take on Biyombo's horrid contract and some how pry loose Isaac.

What would folks think of: Portis, Valentine, Felicio for Biyombo and Isaac?
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#1587 » by aramada » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:47 pm

sco wrote:Now that Orlando has Bamba. I wonder if we could take on Biyombo's horrid contract and some how pry loose Isaac.

What's the appeal for Isaac? His rookie season hasn't shown much promise. Better keep Portis' and his improving production
sco
RealGM

Post#1588 » by sco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

aramada wrote:
sco wrote:Now that Orlando has Bamba. I wonder if we could take on Biyombo's horrid contract and some how pry loose Isaac.

What's the appeal for Isaac? His rookie season hasn't shown much promise. Better keep Portis' and his improving production

I think Isaac could be a decent player...he improved toward end-of-season. Portis will become a drag on the org after this season. He has a little value right now. If nothing else, this deal get's Shrek's contract off our books a year sooner.
Moosegary
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1589 » by Moosegary » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Crazy trade idea! Looks like some crazy stuff happening in Minnesota - let’s take advantage of it.

Minnesota trades Wiggins and Deing

Chicago sign and trade Levine, Felicio, and Lopez

I know Wiggins gets paid a lot and had a down year but I think he could flourish in Hoberg system compared to Tibs. I’m really worried we are going to waste all the cap space and not get any of the top free agents next summer. I would rather take a gamble on Wiggins instead of Lavine unless he comes cheaper then expected while also getting rid of Felicio contact and not letting Lopez go for nothing.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#1590 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Moosegary wrote:Crazy trade idea! Looks like some crazy stuff happening in Minnesota - let’s take advantage of it.

I know Wiggins gets paid a lot and had a down year but I think he could flourish in Hoberg system compared to Tibs. I’m really worried we are going to waste all the cap space and not get any of the top free agents next summer. I would rather take a gamble on Wiggins instead of Lavine unless he comes cheaper then expected while also getting rid of Felicio contact and not letting Lopez go for nothing.

Well that is crazy. Wiggins is a bad basketball player who is just beginning a 5 year 150M contract next year. You can argue potential until you're blue in the face. But right now hes terrible and incredibly highly paid. Just not worth the risk.

Diengs contract obviously stinks as well and we dont need to commit even more long term salary to a backup center.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1591 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:38 pm

Hayesy wrote:
Moosegary wrote:Crazy trade idea! Looks like some crazy stuff happening in Minnesota - let’s take advantage of it.

Well that is crazy. Wiggins is a bad basketball player who is just beginning a 5 year 150M contract next year. You can argue potential until you're blue in the face. But right now hes terrible and incredibly highly paid. Just not worth the risk.

Diengs contract obviously stinks as well and we dont need to commit even more long term salary to a backup center.

agree, thats a resounding No Thanks from me.

Wiggins isn't terrible if he was being paid 5/50 but at 5/150 he's awful and hell no we don't need a 5th center.
Moosegary
Sophomore

Post#1592 » by Moosegary » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Hayesy wrote:

Wiggins was bad last year but the year before he average close to 24. I agree he is a big risk but here is my biggest worry about the Bulls future. We don’t do anything this year in free agency except maybe sign Lavine. Next year - with all the cap space - can’t sign anyone with any star potential. After that no more cap space because Portis, Dunn, Markkanen are all going to need to be extended. Basically after this 3 year rebuild we will be a nothing but a mediocre basketball team.
Moosegary
Sophomore

Post#1593 » by Moosegary » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:48 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
Hayesy wrote:

agree, thats a resounding No Thanks from me.

Wiggins isn't terrible if he was being paid 5/50 but at 5/150 he's awful and hell no we don't need a 5th center.

Wouldn’t be a 5th center (Felicio and Lopez would be out). Wiggins is terribly overpaid but what happens next summer when we can’t sign any of the top free agents. Basically the trade would be Wiggins for Lavine. With Wiggins making about 5 million more a year. I don’t love Wiggins but I’m really worried we won’t get anything in free agency and all that cap flexibility will be for nothing because after next summer it’s gone.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#1594 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Trade WCJ for Luka Doncic's mom please. Goodness..ya'll see that?
sco
RealGM

Post#1595 » by sco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:04 pm

I am focusing my energy on deals to recycle some value from Portis this off-season. Hoping to find some other back-up with upside or a future pick.

Washington has Oubre - who I like. I'd consider taking Mahinmi/Oubre for RoLo/Portis.
jgonboricua
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#1596 » by jgonboricua » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:15 pm

long time lurker...I never log on

If the Lakers are really in a signing 3 stars we could facilitate by taking on deng's contract.

Deng and Ingrahm for Robin Lopez works and gives the Lakers a decent center to play along their new super team.

Dunn
Lavine/Nwaba
Ingrahm/Hutchison
Markanaan/Portis
Carter/Felicio

Ball
George
Lebron
Kuzma
Lopez
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,764

Post#1597 » by gardenofsound » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 pm

jgonboricua wrote:long time lurker...I never log on

If the Lakers are really in a signing 3 stars we could facilitate by taking on deng's contract.

Deng and Ingrahm for Robin Lopez works and gives the Lakers a decent center to play along their new super team.

Dunn
Lavine/Nwaba
Ingrahm/Hutchison
Markanaan/Portis
Carter/Felicio

Ball
George
Lebron
Kuzma
Lopez

I like the thought here, but I think that Lopez would preclude them from being able to sign Paul George and Lebron. They cut more money out by stretching Deng in that scenario, while keeping Ingram.

But, to riff on that...

Wendell Carter for Deng and Ingram could be an easier sell.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1598 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:11 am

gardenofsound wrote:
jgonboricua wrote:long time lurker...I never log on

Dunn
Lavine/Nwaba
Ingrahm/Hutchison
Markanaan/Portis
Carter/Felicio

Ball
George
Lebron
Kuzma
Lopez

I like the thought here, but I think that Lopez would preclude them from being able to sign Paul George and Lebron. They cut more money out by stretching Deng in that scenario, while keeping Ingram.

But, to riff on that...

Wendell Carter for Deng and Ingram could be an easier sell.

They would want to WIN now not to wait on rookies... soo Lopez would be more reliable there,especially on much needed
defense for playoffs.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#1599 » by Nikola » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:34 pm

sco wrote:I am focusing my energy on deals to recycle some value from Portis this off-season. Hoping to find some other back-up with upside or a future pick.

Washington has Oubre - who I like. I'd consider taking Mahinmi/Oubre for RoLo/Portis.

Oubre just hasn't shown enough to make this trade. IMO even Portis for Oubre straight up is a trade in their favor.
sco
RealGM

Post#1600 » by sco » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm

BKN: Lin or Carroll plus Hollis-Jefferson or Levert
CHI: Felicio, Portis, Grant

Lin and Carroll are guys/contracts that aren't great. Use Portis to get a decent player back in Hollis-Jeff or Levert and dump Felicio

Return to Chicago Bulls