Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA: 2017-18 Season #4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Re: Around the NBA: 2017-18 Season #4 

Post#441 » by dice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:01 pm

3 thru 10 seeds in west are all within 5 games of each other
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,829

Post#442 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:53 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:the race for HCA in the 1st round and that 4th spot is going to be good. Denver, OKC, and Minny battling for it.

Minny has a great shot to get the 3rd seed.

Have to get through these next 10 games within striking distance....

at Houston
Chicago (back-to-back)
at Sacramento
at Portland
at Utah (back-to-back)
Boston
Golden State
at Washington
at San Antonio
Houston (back-to-back)

After that, the last 11 games of the season could allow us to make a run....
Clippers
at Knicks
at Sixers (back-to-back)
Grizzlies
Hawks
at Mavericks
Jazz
at Nuggets
at Lakers (back-to-back)
Grizzlies
Nuggets
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#443 » by kyrv » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 pm

ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
kyrv wrote:
ArizonaBullsFan wrote:
Yeah, I see a lot of complaining about Lopez and Holiday playing so many minutes, but they are 10th and 11th on the roster in WS/48, how much can they really be helping us?

Yes I don't mind Holiday playing tank-wise.

And I don't want to diminish WS and I am open to be convinced that Felicio and RoLo swapping roles would hurt the tank. I have a hard time buying that.

I disagree only to the point that I probably hate SloLo's game more than anyone here, but I still can't see how giving Felicio most of his minutes could possibly make us a better team.

Right, that's what I meant. Felicio helps the tank, makes the team worse imo.
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#444 » by Nikola » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Does anyone plan on watching any the All-Star game or any events? It's been a solid 15 years since I have. No regrets.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#445 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm

So Derrick Rose's agent keeps trying to make up how the wolves want to sign Drose, but it never actually happens. :lol:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
dice
RealGM

Post#446 » by dice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 pm

Nikola wrote:Does anyone plan on watching any the All-Star game or any events? It's been a solid 15 years since I have. No regrets.

I don't plan on it and can't remember the last time I did, but if I happen to remember that the 3 pt contest is on i'll watch
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#447 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:So Derrick Rose's agent keeps trying to make up how the wolves want to sign Drose, but it never actually happens. :lol:

Just as I expected....

It makes no sense for Minnesota to sign him. The only explanation would've been the Thibs connection. Jimmy and Taj both had on-court reasons their signings made sense. Rose wouldn't.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

dice
RealGM

Post#448 » by dice » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Klomp wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:the race for HCA in the 1st round and that 4th spot is going to be good. Denver, OKC, and Minny battling for it.

Minny has a great shot to get the 3rd seed.

Have to get through these next 10 games within striking distance....

at Houston
Chicago (back-to-back)
at Sacramento
at Portland
at Utah (back-to-back)
Boston
Golden State
at Washington
at San Antonio
Houston (back-to-back)

After that, the last 11 games of the season could allow us to make a run....
Clippers
at Knicks
at Sixers (back-to-back)
Grizzlies
Hawks
at Mavericks
Jazz
at Nuggets
at Lakers (back-to-back)
Grizzlies
Nuggets

seeing some of those road/home back-to-backs reminds me of how unusually difficult minny's scheduling is due to geography
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#449 » by RememberLu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Klomp wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:So Derrick Rose's agent keeps trying to make up how the wolves want to sign Drose, but it never actually happens. :lol:

Just as I expected....

It makes no sense for Minnesota to sign him. The only explanation would've been the Thibs connection. Jimmy and Taj both had on-court reasons their signings made sense. Rose wouldn't.

Just sign him dammit, I don't want to see this dude go to China
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#450 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am

This is a write-up i did on the wolves board.Feel free to comment with thoughts or opinions. Most of my thoughts are in that post.

“Here is a tentative rotation i like for the wolves. I got a little cutsy poo at the 4 but i prefer Dieng as a Center . He doesnt instill more confidence as a backup pf other than a stopgap solution.
Id play wiggins at sg because jimmy is a great player and try to disguise the teams weaknesses more playing the 3. (Thats a reason.)

Jimmy is a great ball handler good enough to play the point in crucial situation. Putting two non shooters on the “wing” (ex Wade,Rondo) wont work. He is a hof type player and thibs knows how to use him. Winning is the ultimate remedy.

This rotation seems bare at spots. Thibs has a short rotation possibly trust issues. He is a consumate professional and expects the same from his players.

1-Teague - 29 Crawford -10 Jones-9
2-Wiggins-25 -Crawford-15 Butler-5 Muhammad-3
3-Butler-30 Wiggins-10 Muhammad-8
4-Taj-28 Towns-5 Dieng-9 Bjlinka-6
5-Towns-32 Dieng-16

I think a good nba team should have 3pgs, 5 wings,5 bigs. All productive players albeit a 3rd pg does not play.

Pgs-Teague,jones,Brooks

Wings-Butler,Wiggins,crawford, Muhammad,5th guy (vet minimum type)

Bigs-Towns,taj,Dieng,Bjilika,Aldrich

Here is where you can see some of the holes on the roster. Muhammad plays sparingly from what i gather so idk how u guys have been getting by.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#451 » by dumbell78 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:34 am

Nikola wrote:Does anyone plan on watching any the All-Star game or any events? It's been a solid 15 years since I have. No regrets.

I usually watch the 3 pt contest then I'm done. Although I did watch the Lavine/Gordon dunk contest and loved it but usually switch them off.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#452 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:17 am

Honestly i think rose would help the wolves rotation even as a 3rd point guard. Unless he is incapable.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#453 » by kyrv » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Honestly i think rose would help the wolves rotation even as a 3rd point guard. Unless he is incapable.

It really is incredibly telling that the Wolved don't think so. Thibs has shown a lot of love to bad vets who know his system. Worse players than Rose even.

My own guess is that the Rose to Wolves rumors were made up BS guessing. It really didn't make sense unless Thibs felt he owed something to Rose.
TankForAyton
Junior
And1: 246

Post#454 » by TankForAyton » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:40 am

Rose needs to go to Europe where he can be successful. If he wants to play, go to Europe, live in Spain (its awesome there) and be appreciated.

He doesn’t offer much to many NBA teams at this point. It’s shocking how far he has fallen, but if he is realistic he can play professional basketball for 8-10 more years and have a great life.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#455 » by Leslie Forman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:14 am

TankForAyton wrote:Rose needs to go to Europe where he can be successful. If he wants to play, go to Europe, live in Spain (its awesome there) and be appreciated.

He doesn’t offer much to many NBA teams at this point. It’s shocking how far he has fallen, but if he is realistic he can play professional basketball for 8-10 more years and have a great life.

The only European teams that would be interested are bad ones who don't have much money.

China is the only way he's getting paid and also not looking godawful.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#456 » by sco » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:09 pm

kyrv wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Honestly i think rose would help the wolves rotation even as a 3rd point guard. Unless he is incapable.

It really is incredibly telling that the Wolved don't think so. Thibs has shown a lot of love to bad vets who know his system. Worse players than Rose even.

My own guess is that the Rose to Wolves rumors were made up BS guessing. It really didn't make sense unless Thibs felt he owed something to Rose.

Thibs: Jimmy do you want us to sign Der...
Jimmy: F**K NO!
:clap:
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#457 » by Axolotl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 pm

There's a lengthy article with videos about Markelle Fultz's shooting woes in Philly Voice. I think it's a pretty good summary on what's been going on. No answer on the "where did the shot go and why" though.

This is definitely one of the most (if not the most) peculiar top pick stories ever.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/what-has-really-been-going-markelle-fultz-shoulder-injury-broken-jump-shot/
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#458 » by Klomp » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:48 pm

kyrv wrote:

According to one media person, supposedly ownership put the kibosh on the signing, they're saying because the move would affect Jones' minutes.

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#459 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Klomp wrote:

Just as I expected....

I'm curious if roses endorsement contract has a requirement that he's actually on a team.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#460 » by MAQ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 pm

Klomp wrote:
kyrv wrote:

According to one media person, supposedly ownership put the kibosh on the signing, they're saying because the move would affect Jones' minutes.

It was ownership who came out with the statement that they weren't looking to sign anyone, wasn't it?

Bit too much smoke there (this summer and just now) for me to feel like Thibs didn't actually want him. I don't know why Thibs wants him. You won't find too many bigger Derrick fans than myself, but that fit makes almost no sense, but it does seem as though Thibs wants him.

The small amount of sense it does make is Thibs has always had success with small guards. He probably feels he can do the same with a broken down Rose. But that's iffy at best. The success he had with cast away guards here in Chicago was not only dependent on them being scoring guards, but also guards that could shoot the rock. Rose cannot. And he would be going to a team that needs shooters. So I dunno.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.

Return to Chicago Bulls