Image ImageImage Image

Jazz will release Rose! Sign him or not?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Re: Jazz will release Rose! Sign him or not? 

Post#81 » by chrispatrick » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:38 am

erlim wrote:
BigUps wrote:Cam Payne is as good as Rose is now. I thank him for his years here, but he's done. The guy has contemplated retiring twice in the last year and just got cut. I'd be surprised if he comes back anywhere and if he does you know he's doing it for the money.

Farewell Mr. Rose, thanks for the memories.

This is extreme hyperbole. Cameron Payne is one of the worst professional ball players, period. Rose has fallen from grace but he's still much better.

I like that this board takes the time to compare one of the worst players in the nba to to the worst rotational regular over the last few years. Rose is better than Payne, but if you feel obligated to give rose minutes then Rose hurts your team more. Neither really have a place in an NBA that values advanced statistics.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#82 » by RSP83 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:06 am

It would be weird to see Rose play backup to Jeff Teague. Thinking about that Bulls - Hawks series in 2011, and that 44 point game he hung on Teague

EDIT: thinking about it again, I'd love to see Rose rejoin Thibs. Even if he just play backup minutes. Rose's problem now is nobody knows how to utilize him. If Thibs figure out a way to utilize and maximize Rose, it will open new opportunity for Rose. But now it's not a good look for Rose, somebody might take a chance on him by paying him minimum salary, but probably won't spend enough time to figure out how to make him work. Thibs is the only guy I think can help Rose to somehow figure it out.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#83 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:22 am

Read on Twitter

:lol:
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,893

Post#84 » by bledredwine » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:42 am

Noooo he still has an uncanny ability to be clutch. We don't want that on our team.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
erlim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,050

Post#85 » by erlim » Fri Feb 9, 2018 9:39 am

chrispatrick wrote:
erlim wrote:
BigUps wrote:Cam Payne is as good as Rose is now. I thank him for his years here, but he's done. The guy has contemplated retiring twice in the last year and just got cut. I'd be surprised if he comes back anywhere and if he does you know he's doing it for the money.

Farewell Mr. Rose, thanks for the memories.

This is extreme hyperbole. Cameron Payne is one of the worst professional ball players, period. Rose has fallen from grace but he's still much better.

I like that this board takes the time to compare one of the worst players in the nba to to the worst rotational regular over the last few years. Rose is better than Payne, but if you feel obligated to give rose minutes then Rose hurts your team more. Neither really have a place in an NBA that values advanced statistics.

Or maybe Rose is just a figure head like Scottie Pippen in 2003. Let the kid come home, stay on the IR. Have some dignity as he winds down way before his time. I think he has a another kid on the way? Let him focus on community outreach, transition him into an ambassador role. Let him ease his anxiety and stress towards his basketball legacy. He wanted to be a small time contributor on a championship caliber team, and he has always been accepting of lesser roles. He won't have any expectations to lead, or even contribute like in New York.

It's so crazy how quickly we forget how fortunate we were to see him absolutely beast out. Even with Reggie Rose, the drama wasn't nearly as distracting as Isaiah Thomas stirring up trouble on the Cavs and Lakers, or insane Lavar Ball going on national media and regularly blasting the organization.

He was an MVP. That's something greats like Paul Pierce, or Vince Carter, or TMac have never done. He absolutely deserves to have his number retired here. Maybe not now, but I hope he can end his career on the end of the bench like Wade in Miami, or Pippen here. He was a titan at one point, and he deserves a legacy here.
ArizonaBullsFan
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#86 » by ArizonaBullsFan » Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:48 am

This is funny:

Rose is bad, maybe washed up, and serves no purpose playing next to LeBron or Wade. (I am legitimately worried fans will revolt and tackle Tom Thibodeau if/when the Wolves sign Rose and give him some of Tyus Jones' minutes.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22369212/zach-lowe-lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-2018-nba-trade-deadline
Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#87 » by Lexluthor » Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:55 am

erlim wrote:
chrispatrick wrote:
erlim wrote:

Or maybe Rose is just a figure head like Scottie Pippen in 2003. Let the kid come home, stay on the IR. Have some dignity as he winds down way before his time. I think he has a another kid on the way? Let him focus on community outreach, transition him into an ambassador role. Let him ease his anxiety and stress towards his basketball legacy. He wanted to be a small time contributor on a championship caliber team, and he has always been accepting of lesser roles. He won't have any expectations to lead, or even contribute like in New York.

It's so crazy how quickly we forget how fortunate we were to see him absolutely beast out. Even with Reggie Rose, the drama wasn't nearly as distracting as Isaiah Thomas stirring up trouble on the Cavs and Lakers, or insane Lavar Ball going on national media and regularly blasting the organization.

He was an MVP. That's something greats like Paul Pierce, or Vince Carter, or TMac have never done. He absolutely deserves to have his number retired here. Maybe not now, but I hope he can end his career on the end of the bench like Wade in Miami, or Pippen here. He was a titan at one point, and he deserves a legacy here.

I am sorry you don't get your Jersey for after four good years. Plus after the torn ACL him and his family became annoying with their comments
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,426

Post#88 » by fleet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:08 am

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ho Hooo! It was a thing eh? That will be news to some people that denied it.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#89 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:46 am

fleet wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ho Hooo! It was a thing eh? That will be news to some people that denied it.

So Cowley was right... again.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#90 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:23 pm

erlim wrote:
chrispatrick wrote:
erlim wrote:

I know some of you feel very connected to him. But let’s be rational here and pretend he’s “Player X” and not “Derrick Rose from Chicago.” What you are describing is kind of like an honorary leadership role with the organization. Rose’s time with the Bulls was, to put it mildly, controversial. And since then he has abandonded two teams in the middle of the last two seasons and is about to be waived by a third team that is not trying to tank.

No matter what you subjectively feel about him by way of fandom and nostalgia, he is simply not the type of player you want hanging around mentoring a young team.

If Thibs feels Rose has gas left in the tank, great. But the only reason anyone should want this guy in their locker room is because they believe he can actually still play. Not as a leadership personality.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#91 » by GimmeDat » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm one of those connected to Rose, and I can happily say he's pretty done as an NBA player (well not happily, but I've come to terms with it).

I also would readily admit he's not a leader. I don't think say that even that negatively, he's just an introvert, and that's okay. When he was a franchise player he was loveable and his teammates would feed off of his play and passion, but now that he's a benchwarmer, he doesn't have the personality to really rub off on teammates.

Rose as a Bull in our current situation would serve no purpose and only further hurt his legacy as a Bull. Let's just remember the good times.

I would like to see him in a Wolves uniform because he's around teammates who we know care for him, he's in an environment with people who knew him when he was successful, etc. It's the best environment for him to be put in a position to succeed, be supported, and perhaps start enjoying the game again. He's probably the 3rd string PG behind Tyus Jones who is playing well, but it's something. He's going to have to earn every minute from this point out, his value around the league is zilch.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,611

Post#92 » by Ice Man » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:55 pm

fleet wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wait, K.C. ... what? Where are your 2015 comments about this?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,641

Post#93 » by DuckIII » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:55 pm

dougthonus wrote:Rose to the Timberwolves seems odd for a few reasons:
1: Rose sucks
2: Rose doesn't solve any Timberwolves needs
3: Rose and Jimmy reportedly didn't get along before

Thibs plays tight rotations. He might just want someone who knows his systems.

Or it might be bogus. There were reports of Thibs wanting to sign him this summer but I don’t think an offer was ever reported.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,323

Post#94 » by Stratmaster » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:07 pm

bulls_13 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah, because Rose and Butler worked so well the last time.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#95 » by League Circles » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:12 pm

Ice Man wrote:
fleet wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not very clear what is meant by "a thing." They were a horrendous on court fit, just like Jimmy and Wade were. Jimmy may have resented Rose's unwillingness to go all out towards the end, while there still being no real personal beef. After all, Rose bought him like a Patek watch or something as a gift when he got his contract and both players publicly said they were good with each other post trade.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#96 » by Stratmaster » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:12 pm

eh, go ahead and sign him. Let's have him wear a mask over his eyes and put a red cape on him. Then have playboy bunnies walk him onto the court during introductions arm in arm. It is pretty much the direction everything is going anyway.
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,486

Post#97 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey this 2018 TimberBulls team would've been great in 2010! lol

Teague/Rose/Jones
Butler/Crawford
Wiggins/(Their likely gonna find a way to get Deng over here)
Gibson/Bejlica
KAT/Noah/Dieng

Not bad 5-6 years ago lol even with some of those guys in HS or College, lol
Stratmaster
RealGM

Post#98 » by Stratmaster » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:57 pm

I wonder if T-wolves fans would be looking forward to an old Bulls reunion as much as we and Thibs would be? "Thanks for letting us use your franchise to do our farewell tour, please buy a reunion t-shirt!"
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#99 » by Mech Engineer » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:06 pm

League Circles wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
fleet wrote:

r
Not very clear what is meant by "a thing." They were a horrendous on court fit, just like Jimmy and Wade were. Jimmy may have resented Rose's unwillingness to go all out towards the end, while there still being no real personal beef. After all, Rose bought him like a Patek watch or something as a gift when he got his contract and both players publicly said they were good with each other post trade.

Yeah...Rose was a mini LeBron in 2011 but in 2015, he was a 50 year old LeBron. He had not really accepted his decline in 2015 but he knows where he is at now. There was some on court chemistry issues but nothing where they can never play again together in different roles.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,611

Post#100 » by Ice Man » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:12 pm

Mech Engineer wrote: He had not really accepted his decline in 2015 but he knows where he is at now.

The Bulls circa 2015 had turmoil because Butler was asserting himself as the new alpha dog, and loudly at that. Naturally, the veterans who had been the alphas were ruffled. Not just Derrick, Noah was too and probably others as well. A common situation on teams, of course. Every hotshot freshman/rookie faces the same situation. Some handle it more tactfully than Butler did, some are tactful (by not seizing control when they are the best player and the team needs them to take control). But the basics are the same.

That's all different in Minnesota, year 2018. Everybody knows who is that team's big dog.

Return to Chicago Bulls