Image ImageImage Image

FO Couldn't Win with Rose or Butler but we supposed to trust them?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

SouthsideBoy079
Ballboy
And1: 12

FO Couldn't Win with Rose or Butler but we supposed to trust them? 

Post#1 » by SouthsideBoy079 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Everyone is talking about tank this, tank that, but this FO couldn't win with healthy Rose or Jimmy, how do you think this FO will succeed with a third star Markkanen when they couldn't surround the last two stars? PLEASE somebody PLEASE enlighten me on why I should be excited about this franchise?
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Re: FO Couldn't Win with Rose or Butler but we supposed to trust them? 

Post#2 » by League Circles » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 pm

SouthsideBoy079 wrote:Everyone is talking about tank this, tank that, but this FO couldn't win with healthy Rose or Jimmy, how do you think this FO will succeed with a third star Markkanen when they couldn't surround the last two stars? PLEASE somebody PLEASE enlighten me on why I should be excited about this franchise?

Who's asking you to be excited?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#3 » by AKfanatic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:39 pm

The FO never truly embraced building around Butler, that could be considered a mistake... maybe.

As for Rose, he got hurt and we never got to see how a team of Rose, an ascending Butler, a prime Noah, a very good Taj, a borderline Allstar Deng, and a talented potential 6th man of the year type Mirotic could have been.

Hell, their biggest mistake was not foreseeing the train wreck that was Rose and parting ways earlier to build around the talents (Butler, Noah, Niko) they already had.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#4 » by R3AL1TY » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 pm

They succeeded fairly well with pre-ACL injury Rose, and even a little after with Gasol's 1st year with them. They just could not get passed the Lebrons, and Rose and Noah began declining. The knocks they should get is hanging on to Hinrich too long, having a bit too much faith in McDermott by trading two picks for him, and signing Grandpa Wade. It was inevitable for the team not to be as good for Jimmy since they began rebuilding with Jimmy still on the team.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#5 » by CBS7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm

SouthsideBoy079 wrote:Everyone is talking about tank this, tank that, but this FO couldn't win with healthy Rose or Jimmy, how do you think this FO will succeed with a third star Markkanen when they couldn't surround the last two stars? PLEASE somebody PLEASE enlighten me on why I should be excited about this franchise?

They built a pretty good team around Rose. Not great, but pretty good. If Rose had stayed healthy, and Butler came along half as well as he ended up, its hard to believe they wouldn't have gotten past LeBron once or twice in 4-5 tries.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#6 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Now that the FO is aligned how it should be with Gar doing what he does best scouting and Paxson taking more control of the big decisions I have full faith in them. They are off to a pretty good start if you ask me. Dunn, Lauri, Lavine are three good core starters. Bobby, Payne, Val and Nwaba(If signed) are four young complimentary that fit the core and they have pick 6(As of today) to get a impact guy and 22 to land another quality role player for the bench. You look at that and realize they have cap space if they choose to go after a young RFA or used that money to add picks.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Re: RE: FO Couldn't Win with Rose or Butler but we supposed to trust them? 

Post#7 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:25 am

Lol. My goodness .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#8 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:39 am

If you can't make your own decision as to whether you should or shouldn't be excited about this team, or anything else for that matter, then I don't know what to tell you.

But I'm not really one to talk, because after the Jordan era, I lived through, rooted for and was genuinely excited for this team year in and year out during the Baby Bulls era, but to me, that's what fandom is about. What it means to you, could be entirely different.
Why so serious?
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#9 » by RememberLu » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:42 am

We put a damn $7,000 billboard up saying FireGarPax, what more can a fan base do
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#10 » by sco » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:10 am

Sorry, has some other FO won with them since?

Milwaukee has the Greek Freek and Middleton plus a much stronger supporting cast...how have they done?
:clap:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,637

Post#11 » by DuckIII » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:16 am

You shouldn't be. Everything will turn out horribly. Don't follow the team.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Post#12 » by ThreeMileAllan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:38 am

I don't really like to complain about useless threads but this takes the negativity cake

Can we just have one day of happiness on this board for once?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#13 » by The Force. » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:54 am

This narrative is getting old.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#14 » by bulliedog8 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:59 am

They did put together a 60 win team and ECFs. Rose's injuries killed the team. Had multiple 48+ win seasons meanwhile teams like the wizards have never had a 50 win season in franchise history. I wanted them fired too but thats because I wanted a complete restart.

I like the foundation they have laid going forward. I am hoping for a raptors like rise in the next 3-5 years.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#15 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 am

I mean, it's been my opinion for years... Considering the fantastic positioning of cap-space and the lottery picks (from Isiah Thomas), 06-08 was a catastrophe, Rose was a lucky break... I hardly liked any of the moves (or rather, the non-moves) in that era. The rent-an-old-big-man thing was cute while it would last (A. Davis, PJ Brown, B. Miller, K. Thomas... right up to P. Gasol), but it would always leave us with a "3 steps back" void the following year. I just don't get how in the time-span of 15 years, with a slew of lottery picks, you accumulated a total of 2 premiere scoring options. Sure, Deng and Noah had their fringe-star appearances.... but that core just never had enough fire-power to beat the elites.

The 10-12 team was almost the real deal, but still a legitimate all-star #2 away from winning a chip. Then they pulled a Ben Wallace lite 2.0 with Rip Hamilton. The Rose ACL is a major downer, but the rest of the handling of their assets was regrettable.

Anyway, it's hard to evaluate anything from them the next 2 years. If we get a 2+ all-star tandem from the current core (incl. the upcoming #6 pick), then kudos to them. I'll shut my mouth. I do think the Reinsdorfs are willing to pony up a little more now that the Bulls and NBA are so knee deep in cash. The '10-12 taste of contending with Rose proved the Bulls brand sells better than anybody when things are rolling. It's not gonna sell if they keep putting out mediocrity, and now that the media and fans have hounded the organization for the past 3 years, they can't keep hiding with their B.S. smoke-screen stories. Unless the fanbase starts consuming the fluff again.
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#16 » by Alcatraz17 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:13 am

I'm disappointed this baiting/trolling post got responses.

You skipped over everything and drew a garbage conclusion.

r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Post#17 » by r1terrell23 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:20 am

If Rose didn't get banged up it may have gone better. But at the same time they got a miracle gift with Rose to begin with. Had they picked in their regular slot they'd probably be fired.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,335

Post#18 » by Kurt Heimlich » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:28 am

Trolls are out tonight boys. What a lame post.

Drose was OBVIOUSLY crippled by injuries and before that crippled by being 6 inches shorter than lebron James. Jimmy butler is a phenomenal player but, again, not lebron James.

The NBA is the easiest league to figure out. Get at least one of the best 5 players in the league. After that the team who can surround that top 5player with the best talent wins. Mix in some injuries. Rarely a 2003 piston will surprise somebody. Rinse and repeat.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,885

Post#19 » by bledredwine » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:11 pm

I'll be honest. i don't even think that they did a decent job with 1991-1993 championship squads. Compared to other free agents available and team line-ups around the league, Jordan and Pippen had garbage to work with.

But what was the constant in those 6 championships? Jordan and Pippen. That's it.

Tanking is obviously the right thing to do. Jordan, Hakeem, Barkley, Shaq, Duncan, and so many of the very greatest players of the last few decades have been top picks from tanking teams.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#20 » by Wingy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 pm

RememberLu wrote:We put a damn $7,000 billboard up saying FireGarPax, what more can a fan base do

As a person that contributed to said fund, I don't get the premise of this thread. By and large, folks here don't trust them at all. There are some folks that adamantly defend them bringing an element of fairness, while others act like they are some enlightened voice of reason. No matter how you slice it, those posters are the overwhelming minority.

Return to Chicago Bulls