Image ImageImage Image

I wish Jerry Reinsdorf had this mindset

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Re: RE: Re: I wish Jerry Reinsdorf had this mindset 

Post#21 » by Mbrahv0528 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:46 pm

tong po wrote:I'll say this, Fultz is clearly going to be a damn good player if he just gets his shot back. That's just not something anybody could have predicted. And there is the strong chance that Boston would have just taken Tatum #1 if there was no trade, which would have left Fultz to LA, which means Philly might have been stuck with Lonzo or Josh Jackson.

Colangelo is still awful though. Even if he wins a title with this team everybody knows it was all Hinkie's work.
Lonzo was always going to be a Laker. Philly almost assuredly would have had Fultz at #3.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Re: I wish Jerry Reinsdorf had this mindset 

Post#22 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:Reinsdorf fired Collins and hired Jackson because he felt Collins had peaked out. He did the same thing when he fired Krause. These are both guys he loved and was extremely loyal towards. He’s not completely unwilling to shake things up.

But at the same time he basically has his son running most things now. Jerry will clearly never be more loyal to anybody except him.

We could very well have our own Bryan Colangelo or Jim Buss in charge for the next few decades.

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
tong po wrote:I'll say this, Fultz is clearly going to be a damn good player if he just gets his shot back. That's just not something anybody could have predicted. And there is the strong chance that Boston would have just taken Tatum #1 if there was no trade, which would have left Fultz to LA, which means Philly might have been stuck with Lonzo or Josh Jackson.

Colangelo is still awful though. Even if he wins a title with this team everybody knows it was all Hinkie's work.
Lonzo was always going to be a Laker. Philly almost assuredly would have had Fultz at #3.

Lonzo was only assumed to be a Laker because Fultz was the consensus #1. If they actually could have gotten Fultz I don't believe they really would have passed him up, no matter what they say publicly.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#23 » by Mbrahv0528 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:59 pm

tong po wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Reinsdorf fired Collins and hired Jackson because he felt Collins had peaked out. He did the same thing when he fired Krause. These are both guys he loved and was extremely loyal towards. He’s not completely unwilling to shake things up.

But at the same time he basically has his son running most things now. Jerry will clearly never be more loyal to anybody except him.

We could very well have our own Bryan Colangelo or Jim Buss in charge for the next few decades.

Mbrahv0528 wrote:

Lonzo was only assumed to be a Laker because Fultz was the consensus #1. If they actually could have gotten Fultz I don't believe they really would have passed him up, no matter what they say publicly.
I thought the Lonzo to LA consensus was due to the major (misguided) man crush Magic had on him?

Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#24 » by Leslie Forman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:I thought the Lonzo to LA consensus was due to the major (misguided) man crush Magic had on him?

Nah that was just salesmanship. There was talk of LA even trading up to get Fultz.

Read on Twitter
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#25 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:06 pm

You really don't want to tank or throw away a season when you are leading the NBA in attendance.

When the Sixers stated the tank job they were middle/bottom of league in attendance - and that is a major sports town.
They needed to get fans back and some new players and Philadelphia is less of a FA destination than us. So 'the process' was their only option.

We're still tops in attendance, we still have FA options, we're a major market and players want to play here.
We phoned it in this year - but we're not gonna phone in 2-3 years in a row and risk losing that fan base that still lingers from the MJ era.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#26 » by Red Larrivee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:14 pm

JockItch43 wrote:Maybe this thread was a fail but my point isn’t being exactly understood. I’m not jealous of Colangelo, nor do admire all of the owner’s decisions.

My point is just that I wish Reinsdorf had the mindset to recognize certain people can excel at certain things and get you so far along in “the process”. And just because they are good at that particular part, doesn’t mean they should be automatically rewarded if you feel their strengths don’t suite getting you to that next level. This is how I feel about GarPax, and that’s what this article made me think about.

I don’t think Jerry has that in him, and that’s the vision I wish we had with our owner.

James Dolan has this mindset. He's consistently willing to change front offices and accommodate new personalities, yet the Knicks have jusy one playoff series win in the past 18 years to show for it. Still, you could be one of the worst owners in sports (Dan Gilbert, Jeffrey Loria, Jim Irsay) and win a championship one day. Reinsdorf's mindset is a minimal issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#27 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:19 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:It's like people didn't listen to Paxson post-game interview.

He openly admitted what the 76ers is a model is a good example to follow.

This is all in spite of him saying him not liking to "lose in order to win"

Who gives a **** if he says that?

All his actual moves are counter to the 76ers approach. Pax is washed up.

Return to Chicago Bulls