Image ImageImage Image

2018-19 Roster. - Roster threads merged

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

tron_carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 22

Re: 2018-19 Roster 

Post#81 » by tron_carter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:13 am

If they get rid of Lavine like the majority of the board wants, this team loses all its athleticism and versatility. This roster is prime to make a run in 2006 basketball. It’s not well constructed. Front court has no ability to switch. The wings are meh and Hutchison doesn’t seem to help. Neither does Denzel. Backcourt can’t stay healthy. Better tank correctly and get Barrett or Reddish next year
ChiTownHero1992
Starter
And1: 1,469

Post#82 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:44 am

Dunn/Payne/???
Lavine/Nwaba/Blakeney
Valentine/Hutchinson/???
Lauri/Vonleh
Carter/Portis

Ideally we trade Lopez, Holiday, Grant and Felicio....get whatever possible for them.
Then we send Asik back to Turkey but still end up paying him until buyout next year for cheap.
We resign to Lavine to something under the max please god!
Resign Nwaba around $15-18 for 3 years
Resign Vonleh to around $16-20 over 3 years
Resign Blakeney to a deal similar to rookie scale
Let Arci, Zipser and Kilpatrick walk...
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#83 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:06 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Honestly, I'd be tempted to start Hutchison from day 1. Valentine will probably get that opportunity at the 3, though.

Part of the reason Carter and Hutchison were drafted is because they can contribute immediately. Because we're in rebuild mode, they should start right off the bat. It will let them develop quicker and (possibly) let us lose more games while they get up to speed

If you draft non NBA-ready players and play them off the bat you'll lose more than drafting NBA-ready ones and doing the same. But at least this year our success will be determined by the success of our young guys and not stop gap vets.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#84 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:19 am

GimmeDat wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Honestly, I'd be tempted to start Hutchison from day 1. Valentine will probably get that opportunity at the 3, though.

Part of the reason Carter and Hutchison were drafted is because they can contribute immediately. Because we're in rebuild mode, they should start right off the bat. It will let them develop quicker and (possibly) let us lose more games while they get up to speed

If you draft non NBA-ready players and play them off the bat you'll lose more than drafting NBA-ready ones and doing the same. But at least this year our success will be determined by the success of our young guys and not stop gap vets.

You can't really do that though, you have to put a reasonable product on the floor. I mean you don't have to, but you should
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#85 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:22 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:

You can't really do that though, you have to put a reasonable product on the floor. I mean you don't have to, but you should

I think the long term outlook needs to be paramount, and I think that is reflected in a lot of people feeling a bit meh at the fact he we didn't draft a 'star upside' guy this draft. I'm happy with the draft, but my philosophy would be to go upside over polish, generally speaking, which kills two birds with one stone because it improves your 2019 pick as well. That's why I would've taken Bamba over Carter this draft. That being said, Carter could easily be a better player than Bamba both immediately and going forward.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#86 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:33 pm

GimmeDat wrote:
Ugly Duckling wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

I think the long term outlook needs to be paramount, and I think that is reflected in a lot of people feeling a bit meh at the fact he we didn't draft a 'star upside' guy this draft. I'm happy with the draft, but my philosophy would be to go upside over polish, generally speaking, which kills two birds with one stone because it improves your 2019 pick as well. That's why I would've taken Bamba over Carter this draft. That being said, Carter could easily be a better player than Bamba both immediately and going forward.

It's interesting you mention that. I was also very high on Bamba, but after listening to the most recent BullsHQ podcast and this guy Fred's take on him, I was convinced we probably dodged a bullet. Sure his wingspan, IQ and developing shot is tantalizing, but how many players with a frame like his have become successful in the NBA? He's going to get pushed out of his spots and there's a risk he doesn't develop that outside shot. Someone who's purely a rim protector could even get pushed out of the league. Of course, there's a chance his shot does develop (his shooting mechanics look pretty good) and he becomes a threat from 3. If his handles improve as well, he could even become like a taller, more dangerous KD. A real unicorn. But that's a big if and what ORL rolled the dice on. At least we addressed our need at 5 and can focus on wings next yr
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#87 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:46 pm

the only tough decision Bulls have to make is Lavine in next weeks.. Dont overpay!!!
By now they also evaluated what to do with Holiday, Nwaba, Vonleh, Zipser, Grant...
The direction should be easy.. play young guys together as much as possible and see what they can show,
start both rookies as they look to be ready..

Dunn, Lavine, Hutchinson, Markannen, Carter
Payne, Valentine, Holiday, Portis, Lopez
Grant, Kilpatrick, Nwaba, Felicio, Asik
Ardiciano, Blakeney, Zipser, Vonleh?
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#88 » by Costa78 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 pm

There are a lot of intriguing possibilities in building this roster,and overall we are pretty deep, although without that true superstar (yet). Hopefully Lauri can continue to ascend. On thing I would like to see is to get more time to Blakeney. He still fits the Youth movement and could ultimately become a solid sixth man volume scorer off the bench, or maybe even a starter in a few years.
kernsy
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#89 » by kernsy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:39 pm

The focus of the summer should be monetizing Portis before the inevitable conclusion that we're not going to pay him is reached . Best case scenario is likely a Mirotic type deal , take on a bad expiring deal from a team looking to chase a free agent or escape the tax for a protected pick that has a chance to be in the top 20 . I also wouldn't be opposed to attaching him to Felicio for an expiring and a 2nd .
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Re: Who will NOT be on the roster next year? 

Post#90 » by petebraun0 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:25 am

Lopez, Holiday and Kilpatrick will not be around after next year. All are 28 or older. Keep Vonleh and Nwaba and Grant.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#91 » by petebraun0 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:31 am

PG 1. Kris Dunn
2. Cameron Payne
3. Jerian Grant
4. Ryan Arcidiacono
SG 1. Zach LaVine
2. Justin Holiday
3. Antonio Blakeney
4. Sean Kilpatrick
SF 1. Paul Zipser
2. Denzel Valentine
3. David Nwaba
4. Chandler Hutchison
5. Jarell Eddie
PF 1. Lauri Markkanen
2. Bobby Portis
3. Noah Vonleh
C 1. Robin Lopez
2. Wendell Carter Jr.
3. Cristiano Felicio
4. Omer Asik

Rotoworld lists 20 players. We need to waive or buy out Asik. Dump Kilpatrick. Dump Eddie, and dump Zipser. That gets us to 17. dump Archie, that gets us to 16. We're good.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,360

Post#92 » by pipfan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:50 pm

I just hope we use our cap space to absorb bad deals and future picks. I would think we go into the season with

Dunn/Payne/Grant
Lavine/Valentine/Blakeney
Holiday/Hutch/Nwaba
Lauri/Portis
Lopez/Carter/Felicio/Asik

the rest go away, and the Bulls carry their cap space into the season
Houston_Bulls
Ballboy
And1: 30

Post#93 » by Houston_Bulls » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:37 pm

The Bulls should look to trade Justin Holiday, Omer Asik, and possibly Felicio. Eventually, they should try and dump Lopez' salary, but only if it makes sense financially. If he doesn't have a role on the team, Jerian Grant should also be moved. The Bulls should try and keep Lavine, if the price is right.

The Bulls should keep:

1. David Nwaba - low risk extremely, high reward, this guy could become an elite role player. If the Bulls could lock him up to a super cheap long term deal, he would be a huge asset.

2. Lauri Markhannen - The new age Dirk, with better defense. Athletic 7 footers, who can rebound, score, and are also elite shooters don't grow on trees.

3. Bobby Portis - The Bulls most productive player post-Mirotic trade. This guy is a per 36 minutes stud, and he is still young.

4. Kris Dunn - Promising young point gaurd who showed improvement over his first year.

5. Denzel Valentine - Not a superb talent, but a fundamentally sound wing who could become a very good bench player.

EDIT: Wanted to add a few more names

6. Ryan Arcidiacano (spelling): Like Nwaba, he's the type of guy other teams sleep on and a team can lock up cheap. Very low-risk, cheap contract, potentially a solid backup in the mold of Tyus Jones.

7. Antonio Blakeney: Undersized shooting guard who good grow into a Lou Williams type 6th man, cheap contract, potential high upside.

Maybe Keep:

8. Jerian Grant: not so great contract, but potentially a solid combo guard off the bench. His contract isn't cheap, and he's had a few years in the league.

9. Paul Zipser: Big body, decent defender, cheap contract, has the makings of an offensive game. He's been pretty disappointing so far, so I could go either way with this guy.

10. Christian Felicio: Bad contract, but has shown some promise. I would probably get rid of this guy.

11. Robin Lopez: Eventually he has to go, but it might be good to keep him around for veteran leadership for 2018/2019

12. Zach Lavine: If the price is right.

13. Cameron Payne: Give him a chance to run the second unit, but don't get sentimental about it.

Get rid of ASAP:

14. Omer Asik: Dead weight, big contract, won't play in a crowded front court, just buy him out.

15. Justin Holiday: He's a 29 year old volume scorer with little upside. I could see him figuring it out on a playoff team with lot's of veterans and a tough coach, but he doesn't have a role with the Bulls. Buy him out if you have too.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#94 » by xpmar9x » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:37 am

Even though I find it unlikely; I hope we pursue/sign Mario Hezonja. He's still 22, "legit" 6'8 SF, & has shown some flashes (dropped like 24 vs us just last year :lol:). Solid PnR ballhandler, spot-up shooter, and not a liability on defense. Hes unrestricted and articles I read mention him wanting playing time, thus Pax could sell him on a potential starting SF spot.

Resign Nwaba for a long-term (3-4y, cheap deal, 4-7m/yr?). Hold out w Lavine, I'd prefer a Mirotic-esque deal, but ultimately resign. Flip Holiday for a future 2nd.

PG: Dunn - Grant - Payne
SG: Lavine (PG mins also?) - Val - Blakeney
SF: Open competition of: Hezonja, Nwaba, & Hutchinson.
PF: Markannen - Portis
C: Lopez - Carter - Felicio/Asik

Come trade deadline the expiring deals of Loprz and Asik ($3m g'd) may become enticing to somebody.

Return to Chicago Bulls