Image ImageImage Image

KC Tidbits: Bulls tried to trade for Bagley/Jackson, not Bamba

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,984

Re: KC Tidbits: Bulls tried to trade for Bagley/Jackson, not Bamba 

Post#21 » by Chi town » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:43 am

So glad we dodged Bagley
chrispatrick
Starter
And1: 1,261

Post#22 » by chrispatrick » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:56 am

Didn’t watch enough of the prospects to form strong opinions but if we liked these guys better than carter it certainly seems smarter to take a bad contract in parsons than to hand out a worse contract in LaVine
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#23 » by Ferulci » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:13 pm

HomoSapien wrote:

With the Grizzlies, who drafted Jackson, the Bulls weren’t interested in swallowing the two years and $49 million remaining on Chandler Parsons’ contract. The Bulls liked Mo Bamba, who went to the Magic at No. 6, but didn’t engage in attempts to move up for him.

Unbelievable. If that was the only cost to move up, why didnt they do it ?
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#24 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 pm

^ ownership
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#25 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Bagley - I call it bulls...t! Bad fit...
Jackson and Bamba more likely..
blicka
Junior
And1: 363

Post#26 » by blicka » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:30 pm

Encouraging to see they had no interest in doncic
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#27 » by Chitownbulls » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:39 pm

BS.....typical Bulls, leak that we tried to make a trade
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
qianlong
Starter
And1: 258

Post#28 » by qianlong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:45 pm

JJJ would have been awesome. He may take some time but I think he is going to be really good if the setting is right.

Bagley IMO is really good but I don't see the fit for us. If SAC gets a decent coach I think this is the year they start to turn it around.
Fox
Hield
Bogdanovic
Bagley
WCS
There is some talent there, plus some veterans.
Ball don't lie
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,817

Post#29 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:47 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:BS.....typical Bulls, leak that we tried to make a trade

When I read comments like these, it makes me think that the Bulls have never made a trade in the history of the NBA.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#30 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 pm

qianlong wrote:JJJ would have been awesome. He may take some time but I think he is going to be really good if the setting is right.

Bagley IMO is really good but I don't see the fit for us. If SAC gets a decent coach I think this is the year they start to turn it around.
Fox
Hield
Bogdanovic
Bagley
WCS

I see the appeal in JJJ, but out of all the bigs, Ayton, Bagley, JJJ and Carter, I feel JJJ has the biggest bust potential. Just my opinion, but to me he doesn't really move like a basketball player, he doesn't seem all that fluid to me.
Why so serious?
Edvedder10
Junior
And1: 12

Post#31 » by Edvedder10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:55 pm

logical_art wrote:
With the Grizzlies, who drafted Jackson, the Bulls weren’t interested in swallowing the two years and $49 million remaining on Chandler Parsons’ contract

That was always a pipe dream. This is a cheap cheap organization that sells second round picks despite regularly selling out with a midt to low budget team.

Nick Friedell said on the pre-draft show on espn 1000 that he felt there was no way the Bulls would be taking on that Chandler Parson's contract. That the Bulls are all about having cap space for 2019. Also added many fans will say the Bulls never land a top free agent. He added that not many teams will have cap space for 2019 and Bulls should be in a good spot for 2019 free agency.
The Evidence
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,620

Post#32 » by The Evidence » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Building around Lauri when he isn't even a sure-fire All-Star yet?

Ok.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#33 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:00 pm

I think some of you guys are missing that KC said it would've taken a future first round pick to move up with Memphis on top of taking on Parsons contract. As much as I like Bamba, that's an awful deal.

Dallas got a deal with Atlanta because they're willing to include a future first and they're planning on building a playoff team in what might be Dirk's last year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,553

Post#34 » by Ice Man » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:I think some of you guys are missing that KC said it would've taken a future first round pick to move up with Memphis on top of taking on Parsons contract. As much as I like Bamba, that's an awful deal.

Yeah. They were never going to do it for a 7 and 22.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,004

Post#35 » by Peelboy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:I think some of you guys are missing that KC said it would've taken a future first round pick to move up with Memphis on top of taking on Parsons contract.

As much as I like Bamba, that's an awful deal.

Fwiw, pax hinted at that as well. And explicitly said given where they are in the rebuild, giving future picks would not have been smart. Atlanta knew they’d get young 2 Zora later and squeezed a top 5 protected first next year out of Dallas. Mem likely would have asked for similar to a)move down farther and b)not get their preferred guy.

I was all in on taking Parsons+4, even on maybe adding Portis or 22. But only giving future picks if we kept 7, which seems to have been a nonstarter. Heck- it was fairly split here on whether a straight swap on 7 for 4+Parsons was a smart move, hard to say it’s stupid of GarPax to say no to a deal that cost more.
qianlong
Starter

Post#36 » by qianlong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:05 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
qianlong wrote:JJJ would have been awesome. He may take some time but I think he is going to be really good if the setting is right.

Fox
Hield
Bogdanovic
Bagley
WCS

I see the appeal in JJJ, but out of all the bigs, Ayton, Bagley, JJJ and Carter, I feel JJJ has the biggest bust potential. Just my opinion, but to me he doesn't really move like a basketball player, he doesn't seem all that fluid to me.

I kind of agree on bust potential, him and Bamba have some risk. However he has really nimble fit, was really good at guarding the p&r and also protecting the rim. He committed a lot of fouls but that is the easiest thing to fix with experience, he is really young.
So on defensive side i think he covers the biggest needs for a big man in today's league.
On offense, he has range, and a decent ability to put it on the floor and attack closeouts. I think he is going to be a contributor on both sides, and the Best fit with Markk
Ball don't lie
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#37 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:10 pm

qianlong wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

Fox
Hield
Bogdanovic
Bagley
WCS

I kind of agree on bust potential, him and Bamba have some risk. However he has really nimble fit, was really good at guarding the p&r and also protecting the rim. He committed a lot of fouls but that is the easiest thing to fix with experience, he is really young.
So on defensive side i think he covers the biggest needs for a big man in today's league.
On offense, he has range, and a decent ability to put it on the floor and attack closeouts. I think he is going to be a contributor on both sides, and the Best fit with Markk

Don't get me wrong, he is an athlete for sure, there is no doubt about that. But out of all the bigs I mentioned, I think he doesn't move like a basketball player. Does that make sense? I don't know exactly how to explain it.

He kind of reminds me a little like Tyrus Thomas, fast, good leaper, good physical attributes but a little gangling, doesn't move very fluidly, and just generally didn't look smooth whether it be his movements or his basketball moves.
Why so serious?
qianlong
Starter

Post#38 » by qianlong » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:I think some of you guys are missing that KC said it would've taken a future first round pick to move up with Memphis on top of taking on Parsons contract. As much as I like Bamba, that's an awful deal.

Yeah. They were never going to do it for a 7 and 22.

Was it? If they wanted to offload parson, and a light protected pick and 7 then i agree it was not something we should be interested. But was 22 on the table or was it not because we made a promise? 7,22 and taking Parson i believe would have been already a good deal for Memphis. I fear the deal breakers were taking Parson, and 22 out of the table. If our proposal was 7 ans some bench player like Val, Portis or Grant or some second round pick , and not taking much salary then i definitely see the dealing finishing quickly.

Does any of the insiders have any additional info?
Ball don't lie
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#39 » by kulaz3000 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:17 pm

Dallas got a deal with Atlanta because they're willing to include a future first and they're planning on building a playoff team in what might be Dirk's last year.

Exactly.

The Mavs set the bar, by giving up an additional (potentially) lottery pick to move up two spots. Then it seems like other teams were also looking for additional draft picks in order to swap picks.

Though I don't agree with the majority that the Mavs made the right deal by giving up an additional pick because I feel the Mavs are a lottery team next year again, but at least they did it high in the draft, later in the draft, to give up a first round pick, would have been silly.

For a rebuilding team like the Bulls, they are in no position to throw away future picks, especially if they don't feel it's for a true game changer, and though I like Bamba a lot, I don't think there is too much of a difference in talent and potential between Bamba and Carter, that I would have been willing to throw in a future first round pick.
Why so serious?
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,407

Post#40 » by jump » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:22 pm

Ferulci wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

With the Grizzlies, who drafted Jackson, the Bulls weren’t interested in swallowing the two years and $49 million remaining on Chandler Parsons’ contract. The Bulls liked Mo Bamba, who went to the Magic at No. 6, but didn’t engage in attempts to move up for him.

Unbelievable. If that was the only cost to move up, why didnt they do it ?

There are 49 million reasons.

Return to Chicago Bulls