Image ImageImage Image

OT: Bears 2018 & 2019 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,743

Re: OT: Bears trade for Khalil Mack 

Post#1161 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:56 pm

MAQ wrote:Everyone seems to have missed the "last year" portion of nomorezero's post.

Not sure how. What part of this offense seemed miles ahead of last year?
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#1162 » by MAQ » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:37 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
dougthonus wrote:
MAQ wrote:Everyone seems to have missed the "last year" portion of nomorezero's post.

I believe the praise is for last year. not last night in comparison to last yeat.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1163 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 6, 2019 4:40 pm

MAQ wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]
dougthonus wrote:

I believe the praise is for last year. not last night in comparison to last yeat.

Ahh, yes, that is probably what he meant, and I agree with that, and it makes sense.
@doug_thonus on twitter
lemonmellow
Sophomore
And1: 68

Post#1164 » by lemonmellow » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:26 pm

First game last year, we had a chance to punch the bully in the nose and declare a new era in the Packers-Bears rivalry. Lost to Rodgers again.

Different year, same old story last night. No new sheriff in town.

Nagy's first move as a head coach last year was a head-scratcher, the preseason stuff. People don't change, when you come out of the gates with a head-scratcher, expect to see more head-scratching moves. A lot of Nagy's decisions and play calls make people doubt him.

And when something is wrong, it's always wrong. If Mitch was really money, we'd know it by now. He's not the guy, he looks like he's in over his head and the coaches have to hide him.

Homer hosts on local radio calling Super Bowls before the game. Afterward fans calling in and asking, where's our Rodgers? Where's our Brady? His name was Mahomes and he went many spots after Pace made himself look like an over-eager secret admirer, trading up to draft a question mark.

We love the Bears, but we might as well be the Knicks of football. Two or three great seasons, one championship. About 15 or 20 quarterbacks since Favre and Rodgers.

Shoulda woulda coulda Bears.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#1165 » by Chi town » Fri Sep 6, 2019 5:36 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Chi town wrote:Yes Nagy was by far the biggest problem lastnight. Way too conservative early. His offensive guys not ready and play... sloppy. Montgomery needed the ball. That kid can play.

I don't see Nagy as being the biggest problem. They looked outclassed by the Packers defense. They stacked the box and either the WRs couldn't create separation to get open or Trubisky just couldn't find them, because they took away the running game and scramble and there was little left.

Stacked the box? Packers played a dime the whole game with an average of 5.8 DBs on the field the whole game.

Nagy didn't commit to the run game or Montgomery or Cohen. He failed. He owned it too. He took all the blame.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,384

Post#1166 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:16 pm

There is an advantage LaFluer has too in the fact that no one has any tape to game plan against him. They had tape to plan against Nagy. If this was week 6 it would be even more damning. Mind you I am not defending Nagy because he did not do a good job but more any other sport I think gameplans in football make a difference.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,384

Post#1167 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:21 pm

I also think I am a curse on coaches. I was out with Savard a lot the summer before he got canned. Last year I engineered a system for Quinville... this past summer engineered a system for Nagy that just got out online last week. I’m the kiss of death. Blame me.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#1168 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:25 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:There is an advantage LaFluer has too in the fact that no one has any tape to game plan against him. They had tape to plan against Nagy. If this was week 6 it would be even more damning. Mind you I am not defending Nagy because he did not do a good job but more any other sport I think gameplans in football make a difference.

He's an offensive coach though and their offense scored 10 points. The lack of tape wasn't the reason.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#1169 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:21 pm

Chi town wrote:Stacked the box? Packers played a dime the whole game with an average of 5.8 DBs on the field the whole game.

Nagy didn't commit to the run game or Montgomery or Cohen. He failed. He owned it too. He took all the blame.

They appeared to have a QB spy for a good chunk of the game and played tons of people inside the 0-10 years be they DBs/Safetys or otherwise.
@doug_thonus on twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1170 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:46 pm

Yes, Nagy needs to run the ball a lot more because Mitch isn't the guy you let throw the ball even more than 35 times a game.

I think Mitch will definitely have good games where he looks great, but he will also have games like last night. He's just an average QB, and we'd be lucky as hell if he could even turn into Alex Smith.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1171 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:51 pm

Nikola wrote:Very disheartening loss. If the coaching staff really has this little faith in trubisky this whole team is screwed. The defense is ready now but the offense looks like it needs rebuilt from the ground up. Terrible.

Lack of confidence in Mitch wasn't the problem last night. He threw the ball 45 times, and they went into a pass play 53 times overall. Too much confidence might be the problem, because Mitch doesn't seem to be that guy.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#1172 » by Dominator83 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:59 pm

If I was more tech savvy, I would make myself a graphic Sig featuring Jon Garden and Antonio Brown that says "We get your pick" on it
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#1173 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 8:04 pm

It's bad when you see stuff like this-
Packers cornerback Tramon Williams wrote:“We knew if we could get Mitchell Trubisky to play quarterback we could win,”

but this.....
Read on Twitter

That is scary.
After the game he went over to their D coordinator and was play boxing with the guy.
He was clearly excited and telling him nice job with the D

Losing was bad.

Losing when Rodgers played like a** and he admitted it but they still won because their defense carried them?
That's REAL bad. We just gave a 2 time MVP who knows how to get it done the confidence he has lacked the last 2 years :banghead:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1174 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 8:04 pm

sco wrote:My take:

1) The "no starters" in preseason kept guys healthy, but at the expense of additional rust. Not sure what is better. Those penalties were a killer.
2) Green Bay defense is better than advertised. Rodgers is hard to keep down.
3) Bears defense did a decent job, but GB O-line did just enough
4) Trubisky needs to get rid of ball quicker...tried to keep plays alive too long. Maybe we lack receivers who can get more separation.
5) Cohen looked very ordinary

2. I think we will find out next week how good the Packers defense has become because they have a tough matchup against the Vikings. Much of their success could be because of Mitch.

4. This plays into the 2nd point you had. This is what Tramon Williams said about Mitch Trubisky last night after the game.

"We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback. We knew they had a lot of weapons, we knew they were dangerous, we knew all of those things. But we knew if we could make Mitch play quarterback, that we’d have a chance."

That's brutal. That's Charles Woodson taking a shot at Jay Cutler level disrespect. Mitch struggles to make his reads. That's why he struggles to get the ball out quicker, because once the first read is gone he panics and gets confused. That's also when he see him run out the pocket too soon.

Also, I bet if you watch full game tape you'll see guys that are open that Mitch missed because he was locked in on another reciever.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1175 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Sep 6, 2019 8:28 pm

You force a young player into a qb duel with Aaron Rodgers it’s their best chance to win.
As far as weapons , in theory the bears are dangerous, but Gabriel, Miller aren’t exactly striking fear into hearts of opponents. They are average players most games.
Up until his interception Trubisky’s numbers weren’t that bad, to give him most of the blame.
Yeah it was getting clear he wasn’t making all his reads, and let’s be honest, the Protection wasn’t great.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1176 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Sep 6, 2019 9:23 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:You force a young player into a qb duel with Aaron Rodgers it’s their best chance to win.
As far as weapons , in theory the bears are dangerous, but Gabriel, Miller aren’t exactly striking fear into hearts of opponents. They are average players most games.
Up until his interception Trubisky’s numbers weren’t that bad, to give him most of the blame.
Yeah it was getting clear he wasn’t making all his reads, and let’s be honest, the Protection wasn’t great.

Going by his numbers is foolsgold.

Fact is the book is out on Mitch. Green bay forced him to stick in the pocket and he fell apart. We heard all game even Collinsworth mention someone was open but he went to the wrong player. The problems aren't the weapons on the team. The problem is Mitch, and Nagy not running the ball enough. Other teams around the league are going to force him to do the same thing, and try and play out the pocket. He's going to have to play well in that situation or this will he a regular outcome.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#1177 » by MeloRoseNoah » Fri Sep 6, 2019 10:47 pm

We are in for a long season. One of my biggest fears is that Trubisky doesn’t have the football intelligence to process the game and pick apart NFL defenses. I always thought that he could overcome this deficit by working hard than the rest of NFL QBs. But I’m afraid that Trubisky has bought his own hype and possibly become another Kris Dunn by becoming a bum over this offseason. Trubisky has 15 more games to prove me wrong but this is a defining season for him. If he sucks this year, we need to look into other options. Nagy also needed to be challenged to be a better coach. So far, he has been very disappointing. His defensive coordinators have been carrying the team while Nagy has taken all the credit.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#1178 » by fleet » Sat Sep 7, 2019 12:11 am

He started out out rough last year too, and stabilized. But there's no good reason for truly good QBs to regress all the way back to their raw losing performances. We shall see. Large, dark eyes peering out of his helmet, looking vacant. Lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes...Arrrggg. He's back to retreating out of the pocket and making bad throws and reads, running around like he wants to get hurt again.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,388

Post#1179 » by fleet » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:36 am

Spoiler:
ATRAIN53 wrote:It's bad when you see stuff like this-
Packers cornerback Tramon Williams wrote:“We knew if we could get Mitchell Trubisky to play quarterback we could win,”

Here's a full tweet:
Read on Twitter

"We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback" That is amazing. That is some disrespect right there. We wanted to make Mitch play quarterback?
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#1180 » by GetBuLLish » Sat Sep 7, 2019 2:45 am

My fear about Mitch being a bust is starting to become more and more real.

I hope once in my lifetime the Bears have a top 10 QB. Is top 10 asking for too much?

Return to Chicago Bulls