Image ImageImage Image

OT: Bears 2018 & 2019 Regular Season Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Re: OT: Bears trade for Khalil Mack 

Post#481 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:13 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Since this thread is already derailed, Go cubs ! Lol. Omg can these guys get a run?

As a Bears fan since the late 90’s,
The highest level of bears qb play i have seen:
1.Mitchs’ 1st half.
2. Josh McCown
3. Jay Cutler

The list can continue but im cutting it there for now. Coincidentally that appears to be ‘golden age’ of bears qb play, Of course Mcmahon deserves an honorable mention, tragically cut short. And before my time.

Edit: 11:17 pm My post are continuing to be edited without my consent or warning.

Don't forget Erik Kramer
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#482 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:46 am

True , Miller deserves an honorable mention as well.
McCown was a fly by night producer, Miller was a qb i was actually a fan of, and he helped lead a hapless bears franchise to a 13-3 record.
McCown production as a bear qb just stood out.

I caught the end of Kramers career and his career year was before i started following the Bears. Probably more of a fan of Kramer than McCown as well.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,800

Post#483 » by dougthonus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:14 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Our defense is damn good. Probably the best it's been since 05-06.

Just need Trubisky to get better and better.

I wasn't high on this trade, but boy has it worked out well so far. It's fun to be a Bears fan, and even if the worst case scenario happens and the Bears fall apart, I will have enjoyed this season more so than any in a long, long time.

I'm not super high on Trubisky, but it's funny how the era has changed so much, he's on pace for something like 4000 yards, 32 TDs, 18 ints in his second season. Watching him, I don't think he's as good as those numbers. He makes a lot of pretty poor decisions and you see tons of passes that could go for long completions if he was a little more accurate or completions that a good throw would have gotten him far more yards after catch but he didn't hit the receiver in stride.

That said, he really keeps plays alive with his feet, has great escapability, and has really on a pretty good path relative to his tenure. I don't think he's a future star QB, but he looks like a guy who can make enough plays to win you games if the defense is elite.

It will be interesting to see how the Bears D holds up to the Rams/Saints in the playoffs if they make it to the 2nd round. It's going to be brutal to beat both of those teams.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#484 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:06 am

dougthonus wrote:
Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Our defense is damn good. Probably the best it's been since 05-06.

I wasn't high on this trade, but boy has it worked out well so far. It's fun to be a Bears fan, and even if the worst case scenario happens and the Bears fall apart, I will have enjoyed this season more so than any in a long, long time.

I'm not super high on Trubisky, but it's funny how the era has changed so much, he's on pace for something like 4000 yards, 32 TDs, 18 ints in his second season. Watching him, I don't think he's as good as those numbers. He makes a lot of pretty poor decisions and you see tons of passes that could go for long completions if he was a little more accurate or completions that a good throw would have gotten him far more yards after catch but he didn't hit the receiver in stride.

That said, he really keeps plays alive with his feet, has great escapability, and has really on a pretty good path relative to his tenure. I don't think he's a future star QB, but he looks like a guy who can make enough plays to win you games if the defense is elite.

It will be interesting to see how the Bears D holds up to the Rams/Saints in the playoffs if they make it to the 2nd round. It's going to be brutal to beat both of those teams.

Mitch is questionable with a sore soldier. On short rest, may ot be worth playing him.
His p asser rating of 97 is ideal for this point of his development, i think he is most effective with a back. If he can finish over 100 than it inches closer to a complimentary arod comparison.

Besides that it makes me think who they beat this week? I thought it was just minnesota, i didnt know it was a suberbowl precursor.
Defensively, the pass rush seems better with mack on the l eft side. Floyd vs Mack? The dropoff is enormous and most nfl team spend a lot to protect the qb blindslide. Mack has shown from the left, no amount of money or man is gonna keep him off ur qbs' backside
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#485 » by RememberLu » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Mitch's arrow is pointing up, with Nagy here to tutor him in this loaded offence, I have a lot of faith that he'll continue to grow into his shoes here. This is an ideal environment for a young QB to incubate.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#486 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:28 pm

The thing that makes this season even sweeter is watching Rodgers and Packers flounder up there in GB since that hit by Mack.

It reminds me of that season opener years ago when Urlacher had a free clear shot and could have destroyed him and ruined thier sesason - but pulled up. Rodgers still remembers that play and still shows Urlacher respect for it. I'm glad Mack didn't have to choose and just did his job and it has hurt them.

I still can't believe they took Jordy Nelson away from Rodgers.
Who is gonna take over the HC job after they can McCarthy?

Amazing to think were currently #3 seed
Made watching that game last night wondering if we could slow down either of those teams or the Saints.....

Blackhawks and Bulls getting a bye for another 2 months thanks to the Bears
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#487 » by panthermark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:39 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:The thing that makes this season even sweeter is watching Rodgers and Packers flounder up there in GB since that hit by Mack.

It reminds me of that season opener years ago when Urlacher had a free clear shot and could have destroyed him and ruined thier sesason - but pulled up. Rodgers still remembers that play and still shows Urlacher respect for it. I'm glad Mack didn't have to choose and just did his job and it has hurt them.

Made watching that game last night wondering if we could slow down either of those teams or the Saints.....

The Rams look FAST. I'm not sure if we can stop them.

The Bears are like a good Big Ten team. I'm worried that when they face the Rams, it will be the college football result where a good Big Ten team meets a top SEC team...and gets blown off the field.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,460

Post#488 » by CBS7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:27 pm

dougthonus wrote:

3950 yards, 32 td, 14 INTs.

Just a bit high on the INTs there doug. :D
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#489 » by otwok » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:55 pm

The Bears right now are not in the same league as the Saints and the Rams (and to a lesser extend the Chiefs). It's not even defense, our defense is better than theirs, but their offense is on another level. We'll find out when we play the Rams but both the top of the NFC are high flying offenses and excel on execution.

What is clear though is that things tend to change when the quarterback gets hit. All of a sudden more emphasis on protection, chips that slow down the routes and things change.

Last night, the Chiefs shot themselves in the foots with the early penalties. They spotted the Rams a 13-0 lead and still had a chance at the end. You just have to play mistake free football against these teams and make sure you hit the qb.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,522

Post#490 » by panthermark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:09 pm

otwok wrote:The Bears right now are not in the same league as the Saints and the Rams (and to a lesser extend the Chiefs). It's not even defense, our defense is better than theirs, but their offense is on another level. We'll find out when we play the Rams but both the top of the NFC are high flying offenses and excel on execution.

What is clear though is that things tend to change when the quarterback gets hit. All of a sudden more emphasis on protection, chips that slow down the routes and things change.

Last night, the Chiefs shot themselves in the foots with the early penalties. They spotted the Rams a 13-0 lead and still had a chance at the end. You just have to play mistake free football against these teams and make sure you hit the qb.

That last interception reminded me of the McClown and Grossdude days. Just a horrible pass to a double covered WR.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#491 » by dougthonus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:46 pm

CBS7 wrote:
3950 yards, 32 td, 14 INTs.

Just a bit high on the INTs there doug. :D

Yeah, my bad, no idea how I screwed up the math there.
@doug_thonus on twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#492 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:40 pm

panthermark wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:The thing that makes this season even sweeter is watching Rodgers and Packers flounder up there in GB since that hit by Mack.

The Rams look FAST. I'm not sure if we can stop them.

The Bears are like a good Big Ten team. I'm worried that when they face the Rams, it will be the college football result where a good Big Ten team meets a top SEC team...and gets blown off the field.

Meh...the Vikings went toe to toe with them and the Bears defense is better. You're underestimating how damn good the Bears front 7 is.

Now I dont think Bears are better than them, but they can hang. They won't get blown out.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Bobby Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#493 » by Bobby Jordan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 pm

People criticism of mitch is hilarious 2 me. 2nd year overall and first year in new offense.. what the hell do u expext right now? Star potential is definitely in play big time.. Doug u wanted Beasley over Rose at a time, so yea theres that
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#494 » by thedarkstark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Bobby Jordan wrote:People criticism of mitch is hilarious 2 me. 2nd year overall and first year in new offense.. what the hell do u expext right now? Star potential is definitely in play big time.. Doug u wanted Beasley over Rose at a time, so yea theres that

He's a combo of Russel Wilson and Ben Roethlesberger if you disagree go look their first 2 years stats, and watch some tape of them early in their career: They were pretty pretty much game managers their first 2 seasons because they had stout defenses behind them (both won a SB behind a stout defense in their first few years in the league) they were very inaccurate at times and only threw for 3K yards. Big Ben especially was not at all known for his deep ball back then, he was just the guy who extended plays with his legs/size.
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#495 » by the ultimates » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:03 am

Big win against Detroit with an extremely short turnaround. 3 division wins in 12 days. That has to be some kind of record. Chase did exactly what you want a backup to do. He played solid football made just enough plays and didn't do turn the ball over or do anything to lose the game. Eddie Jackson is the definition of a ball hawk.

I think what Trubisky is doing is remarkable considering the run game is floundering. Look at the formations they use, look at the plays their running. They are asking him to do more than Wilson or Big Ben in their second year. He doesn't have a Gurley to hand off to like Goff did during his second year. That's why when Mitchell struggles the offense struggles because they don't run the football well enough right to him not being in rhythm.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,583

Post#496 » by dice » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:09 am

the ultimates wrote:Big win against Detroit with an extremely short turnaround. 3 division wins in 12 days. That has to be some kind of record. Chase did exactly what you want a backup to do. He played solid football made just enough plays and didn't do turn the ball over or do anything to lose the game. Eddie Jackson is the definition of a ball hawk.

I think what Trubisky is doing is remarkable considering the run game is floundering. Look at the formations they use, look at the plays their running. They are asking him to do more than Wilson or Big Ben in their second year. He doesn't have a Gurley to hand off to like Goff did during his second year. That's why when Mitchell struggles the offense struggles because they don't run the football well enough right to him not being in rhythm.

is trubisky the #1 value contract in the league this season? mahomes has a better QBR but more weapons as well
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#497 » by the ultimates » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:35 am

dice wrote:
the ultimates wrote:Big win against Detroit with an extremely short turnaround. 3 division wins in 12 days. That has to be some kind of record. Chase did exactly what you want a backup to do. He played solid football made just enough plays and didn't do turn the ball over or do anything to lose the game. Eddie Jackson is the definition of a ball hawk.

is trubisky the #1 value contract in the league this season? mahomes has a better QBR but more weapons as well

Are we just looking at quarterbacks? The Saint's have a few value contracts in Kamara and Thomas. Conner fits the bill as well in Pittsburgh.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#498 » by dougthonus » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:15 pm

dice wrote:is trubisky the #1 value contract in the league this season? mahomes has a better QBR but more weapons as well

Watching Trubisky, he doesn't seem that great to me yet (emphasis on that great and yet). He very frequently overthrows/underthrows receivers and makes quite a few bad decisions. A lot of his TDs are due to good field position and his defense consistently putting him in a good position.

I do think he's doing well for his level of experience, and you do see some of the tools he has. His looks at his best when he scrambles and when he can throw to his primary read. He seems very poor when he has to go through his reads though or has to make timing throws. Hopefully something he improves on as time goes on.

Either way, I'd guess Mahomes is a much, much better value contract. If the Bears had Mahomes, I think they'd be superbowl favorites right now.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,583

Post#499 » by dice » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:07 pm

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:is trubisky the #1 value contract in the league this season? mahomes has a better QBR but more weapons as well

Watching Trubisky, he doesn't seem that great to me yet (emphasis on that great and yet). He very frequently overthrows/underthrows receivers and makes quite a few bad decisions. A lot of his TDs are due to good field position and his defense consistently putting him in a good position.

I do think he's doing well for his level of experience, and you do see some of the tools he has. His looks at his best when he scrambles and when he can throw to his primary read. He seems very poor when he has to go through his reads though or has to make timing throws. Hopefully something he improves on as time goes on.

Either way, I'd guess Mahomes is a much, much better value contract. If the Bears had Mahomes, I think they'd be superbowl favorites right now.

i don't dispute your overall point, but it should be noted that the bears haven't had better starting field position than the chiefs, the chiefs have a better running game as well as more talent at the skill positions
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,774

Post#500 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:30 pm

dougthonus wrote:
dice wrote:Either way, I'd guess Mahomes is a much, much better value contract. If the Bears had Mahomes, I think they'd be superbowl favorites right now.

Probably so for THIS year. The more time Trubisky spends in the system, the better he'll be. By this time next year, it would not surprise me if we are legitimately talking about Trubisky as an MVP Candidate.

Return to Chicago Bulls