Image ImageImage Image

Zach Lavine thread 3.0

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Re: Zach Lavine thread 3.0 

Post#441 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:41 pm

I'm not worried. He was never meant to be our best, let alone only, perimeter playmaker. Pair him with real talent at the 3 and the efficiency will come back. Not to the level it was in the first two weeks of the season, but high enough to be a very solid second or third option.
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,666

Post#442 » by GusFring » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:00 am

AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I'm not worried. He was never meant to be our best, let alone only, perimeter playmaker. Pair him with real talent at the 3 and the efficiency will come back. Not to the level it was in the first two weeks of the season, but high enough to be a very solid second or third option.

But when will the bulls have a good 3.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,485

Post#443 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:14 am

GusFring wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I'm not worried. He was never meant to be our best, let alone only, perimeter playmaker. Pair him with real talent at the 3 and the efficiency will come back. Not to the level it was in the first two weeks of the season, but high enough to be a very solid second or third option.

But when will the bulls have a good 3.

:dontknow:
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#444 » by GimmeDat » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:32 am

Bulls looked a lot better without Lavine tonight. Really freed up Blakeney and Parker to become the main options on offense.

Not taking a dig, just saying those stats we were discussing not long ago need to be taken with a grain of salt.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#445 » by logical_art » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:08 am

GimmeDat wrote:Bulls looked a lot better without Lavine tonight. Really freed up Blakeney and Parker to become the main options on offense.

Not taking a dig, just saying those stats we were discussing not long ago need to be taken with a grain of salt.

First, I don't think anyone ever claimed the Bulls were better off without Zach. Second I'm not sure why disregarding the bulk of Zach's season (and career) based on one game makes much sense.
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#446 » by logical_art » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:11 am

The problem is he doesn't do anything well except score and so if he's only a solid second or third level scorer, I'm not sure he's a worth that contract.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#447 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:54 am

logical_art wrote:

The problem is he doesn't do anything well except score and so if he's only a solid second or third level scorer, I'm not sure he's a worth that contract.

For a player whose primary responsibility is to score, he rebounds and assists at a pretty strong clip for a shooting guard. Sure, he isn't a lock down defender, but he has improved slightly in that regard. Point being, he doesn't ONLY score, he does contribute in other areas.
Why so serious?
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#448 » by panthermark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Zach's is becoming a solid player (++scorer, - defender)...he used to be a" scorer, ---defender".

He isn't good enough to make this (injured) scrub team better by himself...but he will look/play a lot better with Dunn and Lauri in the line-up, and if we had a starter level SF. I'm on the Porter bandwagon...he is overpaid, but he is a 25year old +3&D wing.

Dunn
Zach
Porter (Career 40.2% from 3)
Lauri (Career 36.2% from 3)
WCJr

Dunn needs to step his shooting game up...but his added (so-so) ball-handling and defense will help keep Zach from being doubled every play....especially with Lauri on the court as well. There would actually be room for Zach to operate.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#449 » by JimmyJammer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:25 pm

Zach's shooting and confidence have been shaky over the past couple of games, but I like the fact that he has improved in many other facets of the game. His rebounding, assists and steals numbers are at career high, and so is his free-throw attempt, despite the fact that he has mostly rookies and G-Leaguers as teammates.

I would like to see him not let the officials get to his head due to non-calls when he goes to the rim. He is doing a lot of the ballhandling duties, due to Dunn being out, which can be tiring, but he will benefit from this experience in the end.

Not everyone is meant to be the number one option on a contender, and I am sensing it's not what LaVine is. He looks like a damn good second option or even a high-level third option which I am fine with, considering we got him in a package for a guy who himself is not a first-option on a contending team. It's reassuring to see Zach turning into a complete player.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#450 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:42 pm

Lauri won’t be a 1st option unless he gets a handle and can shoot and score off the dribble. He flashed that a little last year.

I think Zach can be a 1st option with better players around him. He can certainly get his own shot at any time. I see him as an Oladipo first option once Bulls are healthy and teams can’t cheat and double and triple him
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#451 » by JimmyJammer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:15 pm

Chi town wrote:Lauri won’t be a 1st option unless he gets a handle and can shoot and score off the dribble. He flashed that a little last year.

I think Zach can be a 1st option with better players around him. He can certainly get his own shot at any time. I see him as an Oladipo first option once Bulls are healthy and teams can’t cheat and double and triple him

I think Oladipo is first option by default, but not because he is an excellent player. This is why I will never take Indiana seriously. No disrespect to Oladipo, but the only way I can see Indiana taking that next step is by adding another talent of the same level as Oladipo or putting a better superstar next to him.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#452 » by Jcool0 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:24 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
Chi town wrote:Lauri won’t be a 1st option unless he gets a handle and can shoot and score off the dribble. He flashed that a little last year.

I think Oladipo is first option by default, but not because he is an excellent player.This is why I will never take Indiana seriously. No disrespect to Oladipo, but the only way I can see Indiana taking that next step is by adding another talent of the same level as Oladipo or putting a better superstar next to him.

Wait you think a guy who averaged 23 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.4 steals last year isn't an excellent player?
Chi town
RealGM

Post#453 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:

I think Oladipo is first option by default, but not because he is an excellent player.This is why I will never take Indiana seriously. No disrespect to Oladipo, but the only way I can see Indiana taking that next step is by adding another talent of the same level as Oladipo or putting a better superstar next to him.

Wait you think a guy who averaged 23 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.4 steals last year isn't an excellent player?

I’d take Oladipo as a 1st option over most East teams 1st options. That includes Kyrie too. Dipo wins w D too.

I think Dipo is absolutely a 1st option. He just doesn’t have much help.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#454 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:

Not only those numbers but his defense is top of the league for his position and not worst in the league, like Lavine. His basketball IQ is about a 140 compared to Lavines 95 as well. Oladipo is a player you are going to win with because he is great on both ends of the floor.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Chi town
RealGM

Post#455 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Who are the best 1st options in the East???
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#456 » by theGreatRC » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:31 pm

I said last season on this board that when healthy, Zach is on the same level as Booker.

What do you guys think about that statement?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#457 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:05 am

theGreatRC wrote:I said last season on this board that when healthy, Zach is on the same level as Booker.

It's true. Booker is better shooter and Zach is better finisher in the paint.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#458 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:10 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:

Not only those numbers but his defense is top of the league for his position and not worst in the league, like Lavine. His basketball IQ is about a 140 compared to Lavines 95 as well. Oladipo is a player you are going to win with because he is great on both ends of the floor.

Yet he was considered a huge before last season. Zach is going to put up similar numbers this season yet you still don't trust him. Might as well stick to your guns that he sucks instead flip flopping. It's more entertaining that way...
kozelkid
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#459 » by kozelkid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:55 am

theGreatRC wrote:I said last season on this board that when healthy, Zach is on the same level as Booker.

I think having either as your best player or main ballhandler doesn't bode well if you have championship aspirations. There needs to be a more reliable ball-handler next to them as I think a team's offense will run better.
In response to http://www.mediatakeout.com/2009/37659- ... ebook.html

TB#1 wrote:Its like a 21st Century Scarlet Letter.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Post#460 » by dice » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:00 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Yet he was considered a huge before last season. Zach is going to put up similar numbers this season yet you still don't trust him. Might as well stick to your guns that he sucks instead flip flopping. It's more entertaining that way...

he JUST said that oladipo plays both ends of the floor and zach doesn't. what exactly are you reading?

you did the same thing responding to something i posted in the way-too-early all-star thread. completely whiffed on what i was saying in a hyperventilating rush to defend the honor of zach lavine
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls