Image ImageImage Image

Injury Update: Lauri returns to full practice tomorrow p20

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: Injury Update: Lauri, Val, Dunn, Portis 

Post#201 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:10 am

ZOMG wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:I'm not entirely surprised by the uproar regarding the extra conservative approach with Lauri's return, but I'm personally in favour of it.

Right now, along with Zach and WCJ, you could argue that Lauri is the most important player on our roster. I'm actually thrilled that the Bulls are taking the conservative and safe approach in bringing back Lauri, until he is fully healed and ready to go. What's worse would be for him to come back and re-injure himself, or get a different injury because he is over-compensating for his injured elbow.

This is pro sports we're talking about. Anything can happen at any point. When he can play, he can play. You could just as well say that holding a player out after that point will only hurt him. His rhythm gets worse, his game conditioning gets worse, his on-court chemistry with his teammates gets worse. Lauri doesn't exist in a vacuum.

They might hold him out for three months to get him "fully healed"... and then he'll turn his ankle within 2 minutes of returning. It's ridiculous even to claim you can control things like that.

Exactly. It's just a bunch of horsecrap.

Thing is... it's not even an extra conservative approach... that's a nice euphemism. I predicted exactly this would happen when he first got hurt. Go back and read the thread. Our FO lies every single time we have an injury. It's always something minor, then the next day or a couple of days later it's downgraded to something very serious... then during the recovery process it always gets changed again. Sometimes by weeks or months. When a Bulls gets injured it's just best to know that we are almost guaranteed to be lied to a couple of times. We've now seen this with Denzel, Lauri and Dunn will be next. This bullcrap has been going on for years with this organization. I'm just so sick of these clowns. They are so predictable and it's insulting, to be honest. Now, we are being lied to about the seriousness of a guy who looks ready.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#202 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:17 am

panthermark wrote:
Louri wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=07

Was that off stride?!?!

It was off his left foot..... he'll be ready to come back "when he can dunk off his right foot"... "Or when he feels 110%".... "Only God knows when he'll be back". Actually, "the roster isn't good enough".... "Lauri needs some help but the Bulls won't put anyone around him".
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#203 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:23 am

JimmyJammer wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder if KC Johnson is on the team's payroll. That was really quick for him to tweet some **** like that, after fans have begun to question the legitimacy of the information they have been getting. By the way, the timeline was never 8-10 weeks, but 6-8 weeks.

It was 4-6 the day it was first reported, then the next day when all the articles came out it was 6-8 weeks from everybody. Now, all of a sudden KC throws this the timeline is the same 8-10 weeks out there. Hilarious. So Bulls.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Post#204 » by dice » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:45 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Read on Twitter

derrick was out there half-heartedly throwing up 3 pointers in warmups for the entire 2nd half of the season the year he sat out. not sure lauri doing the same means anything. then again, comparing anyone else's recovery to derrick's is probably foolhardy. it probably IS a positive that lauri is jacking pain-free :dontknow:
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,714

Post#205 » by madvillian » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:18 am

A grade 2 elbow sprain isn't even comparable to a ruptured acl. This is BS Bulls fans should be upset and the media should be questioning their reasoning.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,440

Post#206 » by TheGOATRises007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 am

Wait a second.

Since when was it 8-10 weeks?

Wasn't the initial report 6-8 weeks?
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#207 » by VolumePoster » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:11 am

Eddy_JukeZ wrote:Wait a second.

Since when was it 8-10 weeks?

Wasn't the initial report 6-8 weeks?

It was upgraded after Zion starting dunking college basketball. I hear wcj is getting bunions. 4-6 weeks.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#208 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:44 am

KC Johnson is the mouthpiece of the organization whenever they want to throw **** out there. It's a shame to see what journalism has come to. That dude has no integrity whatsoever, he is just happy being close to the organization. How did 6-8 weeks become 8-10 weeks, KC?
That's a simple thing you can afford to challenge the organization on. You are not going to lose your spot in the pecking order.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#209 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm sure paxson and Gar only giving him 2 extra weeks to either get him in game shape or hes really not healed fully. Bulls already out of the Zion Williams and barrett conversation. They can push the injuries back till January and were still going to finish strong.

If Niko was good enough to get them a win streak what do you think markkanen, Dunn, Portis, and valentine will do with this version of zach. Also Lopez isn't motivated yet. Once we get a wins watch him rise up. And holiday compliments all of them with his shooting and athletic ability. I still believe parker will be great off the bench once everyone is back
Evil_Headband
Starter
And1: 897

Post#210 » by Evil_Headband » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:KC Johnson is the mouthpiece of the organization whenever they want to throw **** out there. It's a shame to see what journalism has come to. That dude has no integrity whatsoever, he is just happy being close to the organization. How did 6-8 weeks become 8-10 weeks, KC?
That's a simple thing you can afford to challenge the organization on. You are not going to lose your spot in the pecking order.

In what era were beat writers hard hitting investigative journalists?
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#211 » by RememberLu » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:34 am

Read on Twitter
Bobby Jordan
Sophomore
And1: 84

Post#212 » by Bobby Jordan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:54 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:I'm sure paxson and Gar only giving him 2 extra weeks to either get him in game shape or hes really not healed fully. Bulls already out of the Zion Williams and barrett conversation. They can push the injuries back till January and were still going to finish strong.

If Niko was good enough to get them a win streak what do you think markkanen, Dunn, Portis, and valentine will do with this version of zach. Also Lopez isn't motivated yet. Once we get a wins watch him rise up. And holiday compliments all of them with his shooting and athletic ability. I still believe parker will be great off the bench once everyone is back

Were not out of any draft pics conversation as of right now and the longer we push back injuries the longer we will be in them.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#213 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 am

donaldtrump_00 wrote:I'm sure paxson and Gar only giving him 2 extra weeks to either get him in game shape or hes really not healed fully. Bulls already out of the Zion Williams and barrett conversation. They can push the injuries back till January and were still going to finish strong.

What are you even talking about? The Bulls are out of the conversation for a top lotto pick? Um no? We are very much in that conversation and will be until the bitter end to this season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DorO
Junior
And1: 201

Post#214 » by DorO » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:11 am

RememberLu wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is good news as Lauri plays in 10-11 days. Whole team changes its dynamism when hes back and rest of team get better looks throughout the game. And then Kris, Bobby and finally (January?) Denzel join us too and after that we really can see what we actually have. I would not give up hope to Dunn improve his game dramatically.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#215 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 am

This management is pretty stupid with this holdouts for some players.. they should be playing as much as possible together!
When they are healthy -- get them back! We need to see what Dunn - Zach - Val - Lauri - Carter plus Bobby and Hutch can do together in as much big game sample as possible.. not to give them only 15-20 games in the end MAYBE
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#216 » by JimmyJammer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:18 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:This management is pretty stupid with this holdouts for some players.. they should be playing as much as possible together!
When they are healthy -- get them back! We need to see what Dunn - Zach - Val - Lauri - Carter plus Bobby and Hutch can do together in as much big game sample as possible.. not to give them only 15-20 games in the end MAYBE

The crazy thing is they are taking all those extra precautionary steps, wait until the player returns and tweaks something else. The important thing is if you are healthy enough to play, you play, and you'll get in game conditioning as you move along. If it has to be 10-12 minutes now and gradually get the minutes increased, you do it.
GDRO10
Junior
And1: 140

Post#217 » by GDRO10 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:18 pm

Saw on a facebook page that Lauri has been cleared for contact, which is weird because i thought Hoiberg said he's 1-2 weeks away from that. Also weird that this page used the 'Chicago Tribune' as a source, while they haven't posted anything about this yet. Fake news i suppose or am i missing something?
Better believe it: Ryan Arcidiacono is the point guard of the future.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#218 » by Red8911 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:23 pm

GDRO10 wrote:Saw on a facebook page that Lauri has been cleared for contact, which is weird because i thought Hoiberg said he's 1-2 weeks away from that. Also weird that this page used the 'Chicago Tribune' as a source, while they haven't posted anything about this yet. Fake news i suppose or am i missing something?

Saw this too. If he was cleared everyone would report it,so I’m guessing it’s wrong or fake.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#219 » by ZOMG » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:24 pm

GDRO10 wrote:Saw on a facebook page that Lauri has been cleared for contact, which is weird because i thought Hoiberg said he's 1-2 weeks away from that. Also weird that this page used the 'Chicago Tribune' as a source, while they haven't posted anything about this yet. Fake news i suppose or am i missing something?

Ummm, an injured Bulls player has been cleared for contact way earlier than previously estimated, and you're asking IF it's fake news??
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,414

Post#220 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:51 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:I'm not entirely surprised by the uproar regarding the extra conservative approach with Lauri's return, but I'm personally in favour of it.

Right now, along with Zach and WCJ, you could argue that Lauri is the most important player on our roster. I'm actually thrilled that the Bulls are taking the conservative and safe approach in bringing back Lauri, until he is fully healed and ready to go. What's worse would be for him to come back and re-injure himself, or get a different injury because he is over-compensating for his injured elbow.

This is pro sports we're talking about. Anything can happen at any point. When he can play, he can play. You could just as well say that holding a player out after that point will only hurt him. His rhythm gets worse, his game conditioning gets worse, his on-court chemistry with his teammates gets worse. Lauri doesn't exist in a vacuum.

They might hold him out for three months to get him "fully healed"... and then he'll turn his ankle within 2 minutes of returning. It's ridiculous even to claim you can control things like that.

Exactly. It's just a bunch of horsecrap.

Thing is... it's not even an extra conservative approach... that's a nice euphemism. I predicted exactly this would happen when he first got hurt. Go back and read the thread. Our FO lies every single time we have an injury. It's always something minor, then the next day or a couple of days later it's downgraded to something very serious... then during the recovery process it always gets changed again. Sometimes by weeks or months. When a Bulls gets injured it's just best to know that we are almost guaranteed to be lied to a couple of times. We've now seen this with Denzel, Lauri and Dunn will be next. This bullcrap has been going on for years with this organization. I'm just so sick of these clowns. They are so predictable and it's insulting, to be honest. Now, we are being lied to about the seriousness of a guy who looks ready.

They are full of it and make me wish there was another Chicago team.
:banghead:

Return to Chicago Bulls