Image ImageImage Image

Who do you want as the Bulls next HC?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

next coach

Jerry Stackhouse
6%
Monty Williams
13%
Stephen Silas
1%
Jarron Collins
No votes
Ettore Messina
31%
Becky Hammon
38%
Will Hardy
1%
David Vanterpool
2%
Adrian Griffin
7%
Jay Larranaga
1%

Total votes: 85

nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,696

Re: Who do you want as the Bulls next HC? 

Post#241 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:26 am

Onibuh wrote:Just try to get Hammon. Fits all the Boxes of being a former Player and learned under Pop.
I like Hammond, but I'm not so sure it's that easy. Boylen was supposed to be some wozard cause he coached with Pops and he seems horrible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#242 » by coldfish » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:32 am

nitetrain8603 wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Just try to get Hammon. Fits all the Boxes of being a former Player and learned under Pop.
I like Hammond, but I'm not so sure it's that easy. Boylen was supposed to be some wozard cause he coached with Pops and he seems horrible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

The Bulls did a great sell job on Boylen. He was an NBA assistant for years, a failed college coach, was a bench guy for the Spurs for a year and then for some reason took a bench job with the Bulls. The Bulls sold him hard as a Spurs guy but the reality is that it was like two ships passing in the night.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#243 » by Chi town » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:54 am

I’m cool w Minnyvtaking Fred back.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#244 » by Onibuh » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:41 am

Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
There are 30 teams and only one can win. Plus the NBA system is naturally prone to dynasties. That doesn’t mean the hiring process is wrong, at least not as you broke it down. It just shows very few coaches can win.

You keep saying this is an attack on her as a woman which is only a secondary issue at this point. Again, why should Becky be promoted faster than any person in modern nba history, other than she is a woman? You keep skipping that question.

NFL, NHL, and MLB have a combined 28.0% of the coaches with 20+ years of experience never won a title, and the rate is 34.7% for those with 15+ seasons. So clearly NBA has a coaching hiring problem.

No its the #1 issues for you. If she was a man you probably be pushing the pick hard core.

And please stop posting this false narrative "promoted faster than any person in modern nba history".

If this will finally shut you up (but i am sure it wont):

1. Hammon has coached the Spurs summer league team twice, winning a title. She also coached in the preseason. So unlike someone like Joerger actually coached NBA players before becoming an NBA head coach.

2. She has coached under maybe the best coach in NBA history who has a history of producing successful head coaches.

3. "And those who know Hammon rave about her instincts and understanding of the game. She’s quickly established a reputation as an “out-of-the-box thinker” who appreciates the practical application of situational strategy but also the pursuit of new ideas and innovation, like her mentor, who has emphasized that the former point guard knows as much about the pick-and-roll as Tony Parker."

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/73472/73472

4. https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/pau-gasol-becky-hammon

#3 is Pretty much the reason why she would be the Coach we Need. Something new, innovativ. Fresh blood thinking outside the box.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#245 » by cjbulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Onibuh wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
There are 30 teams and only one can win. Plus the NBA system is naturally prone to dynasties. That doesn’t mean the hiring process is wrong, at least not as you broke it down. It just shows very few coaches can win.

You keep saying this is an attack on her as a woman which is only a secondary issue at this point. Again, why should Becky be promoted faster than any person in modern nba history, other than she is a woman? You keep skipping that question.

NFL, NHL, and MLB have a combined 28.0% of the coaches with 20+ years of experience never won a title, and the rate is 34.7% for those with 15+ seasons. So clearly NBA has a coaching hiring problem.

No its the #1 issues for you. If she was a man you probably be pushing the pick hard core.

And please stop posting this false narrative "promoted faster than any person in modern nba history".

1. Hammon has coached the Spurs summer league team twice, winning a title. She also coached in the preseason. So unlike someone like Joerger actually coached NBA players before becoming an NBA head coach.

2. She has coached under maybe the best coach in NBA history who has a history of producing successful head coaches.

3. "And those who know Hammon rave about her instincts and understanding of the game. She’s quickly established a reputation as an “out-of-the-box thinker” who appreciates the practical application of situational strategy but also the pursuit of new ideas and innovation, like her mentor, who has emphasized that the former point guard knows as much about the pick-and-roll as Tony Parker."

#3 is Pretty much the reason why she would be the Coach we Need. Something new, innovativ. Fresh blood thinking outside the box.

You know they say that about almost every new coach.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1651198-ranking-the-10-most-creative-coaches-in-college-basketball.amp.html

“Give me the coaches who think outside the box. Give me the innovators. Give me the risk-takers.

These 10 coaches have won a lot of games with legitimate creativity.”

#5 was Fred Hoiberg, #3 was Brad Stevens
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#246 » by Jcool0 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:22 pm

cjbulls wrote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1651198-ranking-the-10-most-creative-coaches-in-college-basketball.amp.html

“Give me the coaches who think outside the box. Give me the innovators. Give me the risk-takers.

"And if that means a power forward playing point guard, the Mayor doesn't think twice."

How he hasnt worked out with this kind of thinking i will never know....
Habs72
Rookie
And1: 449

Post#247 » by Habs72 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:41 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
You forgot to mention he was a head coach in the CBA and D league for 10 years prior to joining an nba bench, winning 5 championships.

Again, why should Becky be promoted faster than any person in modern nba history, other than she is a woman? You keep skipping that question.

If WNBA experience doesn't count because its not NBA. Then CBA and D league doesn't either.

Stop conflating terms. Head coaching experience in lower level leagues counts for nba head coaching. It happens all the time with college coaches and European coaches. Playing in the WNBA does not.

Again, why should Becky be promoted faster than any person in modern nba history, other than she is a woman? You keep skipping that question.

Ok, so playin in lower leagues wont count but coaching counts...got you, keep pickin up the terms that suits your point of view. I hope youre not in any hiring process of people to get work as you might miss some talented people. :wink:
Habs72
Rookie

Post#248 » by Habs72 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:49 pm

vvgotgame19 wrote:
Habs72 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Isn’t it obvious? I don’t think it’s going to be a good idea for a women to coach a professional men’s sport team.I’m sure she’s knowledgeable about the sport and all that but being a head coach is different and would be tough. Plus the only reason why she’s getting hyped by the media is because she’s a women,we don’t know if she’s actually THAT good as they say. If she gets a job as a coach then might as well make the league unisex and let women players in as well.

Erm, how about welcoming you to this century? Its more like that kind of thinking is more of a disaster with loads of prejudice nowadays.

Oh wow what a load of crap. The real disaster is going against the natural and trying to mix and match genders which is being pushed on America hardcore. Men and women are designed differently for a reason. There's nothing prejudice about that, it is a fact. There's nothing wrong with wanting a man's league to stay a man's league.

What is a load of crap? That women could coach men in professional sports like men can coach women in professional sports? Were talking about coaching here, not playing with mixed teams so wake the **** up or go back to your cave.
cjbulls
Analyst

Post#249 » by cjbulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Habs72 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
If WNBA experience doesn't count because its not NBA. Then CBA and D league doesn't either.

Stop conflating terms. Head coaching experience in lower level leagues counts for nba head coaching. It happens all the time with college coaches and European coaches. Playing in the WNBA does not.

Ok, so playin in lower leagues wont count but coaching counts...got you, keep pickin up the terms that suits your point of view. I hope youre not in any hiring process of people to get work as you might miss some talented people. :wink:

Why is this so hard to understand? Historically nba coaches either played in the nba, assistant coached in the nba (for many years) or were very successful head coaches in other leagues (for several years). There are no exceptions

They don’t make an nba head coach of a guy who only played 10 years in the Spanish acb league and never coached at any level or a guy who was only an assistant coach in the Adriatic league. What I’m saying isn’t moving the goalpost. It’s what the goalposts always have been!

She doesn’t meet any of the past criteria. So to pick her now would mean she would have to have some other stand out quality to break the mold.

She doesn’t other than she’s a woman, so stop with this nonsense unless you have something real to support her getting a bump over every coach who has ever been hired in the nba or is still waiting.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#250 » by Axolotl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 pm

vvgotgame19 wrote:Oh wow what a load of crap. The real disaster is going against the natural and trying to mix and match genders which is being pushed on America hardcore. Men and women are designed differently for a reason. There's nothing prejudice about that, it is a fact.

I'm sure something along those lines was said about women in business and military too, in the not so distant past. Probably still is for all I know.

I'm aware of only one reason why men and women are designed (if you want to use that particular word) differently, and that reason is not basketball related.

All I care about in a basketball coach is that he/she/it can coach basketball.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
cjbulls
Analyst

Post#251 » by cjbulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:16 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

"And if that means a power forward playing point guard, the Mayor doesn't think twice."

Guess you’ve never heard of Royce White. It’s also stupid to put LeBron and Ben Simmons at PG too. What idiots
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#252 » by RSP83 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

I respect Becky Hammon, but this this is like the most Pau Gasol thing to do.
Habs72
Rookie

Post#253 » by Habs72 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:28 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Habs72 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Why is this so hard to understand? Historically nba coaches either played in the nba, assistant coached in the nba (for many years) or were very successful head coaches in other leagues (for several years). There are no exceptions

They don’t make an nba head coach of a guy who only played 10 years in the Spanish acb league and never coached at any level or a guy who was only an assistant coach in the Adriatic league. What I’m saying isn’t moving the goalpost. It’s what the goalposts always have been!

She doesn’t meet any of the past criteria. So to pick her now would mean she would have to have some other stand out quality to break the mold.

She doesn’t other than she’s a woman, so stop with this nonsense unless you have something real to support her getting a bump over every coach who has ever been hired in the nba or is still waiting.

Bolded is what you think of her and her accomplisments as you refer it like that? And you keep repeating historically over and over again...read what Axolotl wrote after you. Its not like EVERY freaking coach candidate should need tons of experience as assistants, some may stand out with their ideas, point of views, personality etc. etc. and not needed to stay in the shadows for a decade. But with your way of thinking nothin wont and never will change historically. Thank god(or whatever) those people will be minority eventually, like HISTORICALLY proven when time goes on.
cjbulls
Analyst

Post#254 » by cjbulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Habs72 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
Habs72 wrote:

Bolded is what you think of her and her accomplisments as you refer it like that? And you keep repeating historically over and over again...read what Axolotl wrote after you. Its not like EVERY freaking coach candidate should need tons of experience as assistants, some may stand out with their ideas, point of views, personality etc. etc. and not needed to stay in the shadows for a decade. But with your way of thinking nothin wont and never will change historically. Thank god(or whatever) those people will be minority eventually, like HISTORICALLY proven when time goes on.

I am stating this is how the nba chooses coaches. Do I think there are some brilliant coaches available, or have been in the past, that do not meet these criteria and could have been amazing coaches, of course. But they are so hard to pick out the NBA has decided it is not worth it to hopefully find that needle in a haystack.

You are not answering the question either, of course. Why should Becky be the first coach ever to break those rules? Why is she the one you're picking over every other assistant coach or former d leaguer with limited experience? It's ONLY because she is a woman. If she was a man, you would not be talking her up or supporting her AT ALL.
Axolotl
Starter

Post#255 » by Axolotl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:01 pm

cjbulls wrote:If she was a man, you would not be talking her up or supporting her AT ALL.

Personally, I think the Bulls should consider Gregg Popovich's top assistant.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Habs72
Rookie

Post#256 » by Habs72 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:12 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Habs72 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

I am stating this is how the nba chooses coaches. Do I think there are some brilliant coaches available, or have been in the past, that do not meet these criteria and could have been amazing coaches, of course. But they are so hard to pick out the NBA has decided it is not worth it to hopefully find that needle in a haystack.

You are not answering the question either, of course. Why should Becky be the first coach ever to break those rules? Why is she the one you're picking over every other assistant coach or former d leaguer with limited experience? It's ONLY because she is a woman. If she was a man, you would not be talking her up or supporting her AT ALL.

You know, there always needs to a first of everything and i say why not just of those reasons i said in the earlier post. She could very well be a person that rises above the mediocrity of coaches and brings new things and thinking at the table. It has nothing to do that she is a woman so dont you come at me saying what/who i would support just cause of a gender. Ettore Messina would and could be another one i could get behind but i guess you dont like him either cause he is a euro or....no wait, he hasnt played in NBA :dontknow: ?
cjbulls
Analyst

Post#257 » by cjbulls » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Axolotl wrote:
cjbulls wrote:If she was a man, you would not be talking her up or supporting her AT ALL.

Lol, ok. So whoever is the top assistant on the Spurs just gets to be a head coach every year. One year of lead assistant for Pop is all it takes. Isn't that how the Bulls got Boylan?
Habs72
Rookie

Post#258 » by Habs72 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:29 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

Lol, ok. So whoever is the top assistant on the Spurs just gets to be a head coach every year. One year of lead assistant for Pop is all it takes. Isn't that how the Bulls got Boylan?

Lol, ok. Fyi Boylan never has coached under Pop.
Axolotl
Starter

Post#259 » by Axolotl » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:31 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Axolotl wrote:

Lol, ok. So whoever is the top assistant on the Spurs just gets to be a head coach every year.

Please don't put words into my mouth. Consider /= getting the job. The assistant in question was interviewed for the Milwaukee head coach opening, so it isn't like the Bulls would even be the first team to have such considerations.

Milwaukee, of course, chose Mike Budenholzer - whom I would welcome to be the head coach of the Bulls over any of the names in the poll here.

One year of lead assistant for Pop is all it takes. Isn't that how the Bulls got Boylan?

I really don't know enough about case Boylen to comment anything substantial. Popovich didn't seem too enthusiastic to have him as a top assistant though.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,794

Post#260 » by Jcool0 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:51 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

Guess you’ve never heard of Royce White. It’s also stupid to put LeBron and Ben Simmons at PG too. What idiots

lol you aren't serious with this post are you?

You are talking about 2 of the top 5 most talented players in the NBA. You wouldn't want Blake Griffin running your offense would you?

Return to Chicago Bulls