Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#621 » by Lauri_Legend » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm more ready to trade Bobby before the deadline than Jabari. I rather burn the $20M and decline the team option on him this summer. Also, if Zion is truly on their radar, Bobby is expendable. I'd rather trade Bobby now when he has some value than to lose him in RFA.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,654

Post#622 » by sco » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:42 pm

Lauri_Legend wrote:I'm more ready to trade Bobby before the deadline than Jabari. I rather burn the $20M and decline the team option on him this summer. Also, if Zion is truly on their radar, Bobby is expendable. I'd rather trade Bobby now when he has some value than to lose him in RFA.

At the end of the day, I'd be thrilled if some combo of RoLo, Bobby and Jabari next a 1st rounder...likely along with 1 year of someone's high salary because I don't think they have enough value to secure a 1st rounder without that. Maybe a better case scenario would be just to try for our "coveted 2nd round picks" for each of them.

I would say that I think that Bobby won't be signing a deal for $10M+ per year anymore next offseason, but he could have a great second half and up his value again.
:clap:
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#623 » by ChettheJet » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 pm

I'm all for making trades but not at the cost of taking back crazy contacts like John Wall or Whiteside. Even Ryan Anderson is less of a player and more of a contract to deal. Yeah even one 1st round pick wold be great but there just aren't teams that are going to give up a lottery pick for what the Bulls have and playoff teams generally don't see the players have to offer as upgrades over what they have.

I think you have to hope first for injuries. Several teams have lost centers recently, do those teams think either Lopez or Portis can fill in for the rest of the season. A couple of second round picks for either would be fine at this point. Next you look at players that are near the end of a rookie deal that just haven't worked out where they were drafted. Take a gamble on a couple of them that might have been in the wrong system. Lastly look for specific teams and players that think they have too much money at one position or are going to have to pay their young players. I'm thinking if Boston thinks they can make a playoff run without Hayward again and they have to resign their young wing players maybe they take a couple of expiring contracts for Hayward and one of those first round picks they've stockpiled. It doesn't have to be a lottery pick to help the Bulls. Mahinmi is another guy to look at, he'd play this year and backup Carter next year as his contract expires. If WASH wants to get under the luxury tax maybe they listen.

At this point unless some big name FA starts talking about wanting to come to Chicago, I'd actually look at Jimmy Butler. He fills a need at SF, and maybe his difficulties at 2 other stops have made him listen to his advisors and he decides he just needs to shut up and play ball for millions of dollars.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 647

Post#624 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:42 pm

Whiteside's deal isn't that crazy. If the Heat would give us their first and take Felicio for some tax relief, I'd be cool with such a trade.

It's crazy that the Miami Heat have the highest payroll in the league.
ROLES & HOLES
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#625 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:31 am

How much would you guys offer Malcolm Brogdon in the off-season?
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#626 » by BigJimFinn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 am

TheSuzerain wrote:How much would you guys offer Malcolm Brogdon in the off-season?

Brogdon is a very good glue guy and super-efficient in his current supporting role, but not what the Bulls need to build a good team as long as the star is missing. Any team that overpays him and tries to make him a leading playmaker or scorer will hit their head on his ceiling. He would certainly improve the Bulls by a couple of notches, but for what purpose?
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#627 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 am

BigJimFinn wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:How much would you guys offer Malcolm Brogdon in the off-season?

Brogdon is a very good glue guy and super-efficient in his current supporting role, but not what the Bulls need to build a good team as long as the star is missing. Any team that overpays him and tries to make him a leading playmaker or scorer will hit their head on his ceiling. He would certainly improve the Bulls by a couple of notches, but for what purpose?

He's a young guy we'd be getting at the start of his prime. He can play in all situations. He perfectly fits the modern game. He's a genuine 2-way contributor.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#628 » by dumbell78 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:26 am

TheSuzerain wrote:
BigJimFinn wrote:

He's a young guy we'd be getting at the start of his prime. He can play in all situations. He perfectly fits the modern game. He's a genuine 2-way contributor.

I like him and really like how Bud is using him. He actually reminds me of George Hill in a few ways, he's more a combo guard and leans more SG. I don't like him next to Zach and that's not really his fault.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
sco
RealGM

Post#629 » by sco » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:41 pm

If we are done with Dunn, he'd be a great pick-up and a potentially better pairing with Zach.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 347

Post#630 » by BigJimFinn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:42 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
BigJimFinn wrote:

All these statements are true, and he perfectly fits the Bucks. That does not negate my argument: if you pay him enough to force him off the Bucks, you would expect him to carry a bigger role, which he most likely isn't able to do for a very good team. Brogdon - LaVine is not a starting backcourt for a contender, unless the 3 is the superstar and leading playmaker. And if you get that star in the draft, Brogdon will be 30 and unrestricted free agent before "Zion" is getting to his prime. Again, he fits the Bucks perfectly because Giannis is there now and Brogdon can play his prime years over the next contract for a contender.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#631 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:17 pm

BigJimFinn wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
BigJimFinn wrote:

All these statements are true, and he perfectly fits the Bucks. That does not negate my argument: if you pay him enough to force him off the Bucks, you would expect him to carry a bigger role, which he most likely isn't able to do for a very good team. Brogdon - LaVine is not a starting backcourt for a contender, unless the 3 is the superstar and leading playmaker. And if you get that star in the draft, Brogdon will be 30 and unrestricted free agent before "Zion" is getting to his prime. Again, he fits the Bucks perfectly because Giannis is there now and Brogdon can play his prime years over the next contract for a contender.

If we are lucky enough to land Zion, I think the move makes sense. If we aren't lucky enough to land Zion, the team is completely boned, so no moves will make total sense.

Zion's 4 year rookie contract would then be the new fuse for the rebuild. You could sign Brogdon to a 4 year deal that exactly lines up with Zion's underpaid rookie contract years.
sco
RealGM

Post#632 » by sco » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:49 pm

What about trading 2 of our second rounders for Bell (who seems disgruntled in GS)? GS would be doubling their investment.
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#633 » by dpucane » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 pm

sco wrote:What about trading 2 of our second rounders for Bell (who seems disgruntled in GS)? GS would be doubling their investment.

Do you have any idea how horrible that would make the front office look? No way in hell they do that to themselves.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#634 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:20 am

How is Conley last seasons - would he be worth the hustle and trading for him? 32& 34M per salary for two more seasons..

Dunn, Lopez & Parker for Conley and JaMychal Green? they get flexibility and younger guard,we get PG for maybe next 3-4 seasons

Conley, Lavine, Zion?/Barrett?, Markannen, Carter is solid
bench :
vet guard for backup, Arci, Alkins, Valentine, Hutchinson, decide thru season who to re-sign Green or Portis, vet C
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#635 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:35 am

Hello, i frequent the T&T board and thought of this idea and wanna get feedback

HOU trades
Brandon Knight 2 years 32mil
Nene 2 years 6 mil
2019 HOU lotto protected FRP
future SRP or cash (your choice)

CHI trades
Jabari Parker 2year 40 mil 2nd year team option which HOU will assuredly not pick up

CHI gets some assets and maybe a backup PG/SG in Knight that they can rehabilitate some value to try to trade next year, ala DeMarre Carroll on the Nets. Eat a chunk of bad money in 2020 which shouldnt matter since the Bulls arent competing yet

HOU gets an offensive player who doesnt need to play defense, he can start or backup Tucker, either way they'll get more out of him than they will out of Knight. Basically Jabari will fill the Melo role. HOU mostly wants to get out of 2020 money as their lux tax payments go up if they dont duck the repeater. Whatever Jabari gives on the court is gravy.
sco
RealGM

Post#636 » by sco » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Hello, i frequent the T&T board and thought of this idea and wanna get feedback

HOU trades
Nene 2 years 6 mil

CHI trades
Jabari Parker 2year 40 mil 2nd year team option which HOU will assuredly not pick up

CHI gets some assets and maybe a backup PG/SG in Knight that they can rehabilitate some value to try to trade next year, ala DeMarre Carroll on the Nets. Eat a chunk of bad money in 2020 which shouldnt matter since the Bulls arent competing yet

HOU gets an offensive player who doesnt need to play defense, he can start or backup Tucker, either way they'll get more out of him than they will out of Knight. Basically Jabari will fill the Melo role. HOU mostly wants to get out of 2020 money as their lux tax payments go up if they dont duck the repeater. Whatever Jabari gives on the court is gravy.

Yes. I'd do that. If we're taking back Knight and Nene, I might ask for slightly lesser protection - i.e. top 10 or have it be unprotected the next season if we don't get it this season. I'd even give back the 2nd round pick for that.
aramada
Analyst
And1: 950

Post#637 » by aramada » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Would be good if we could somehow have a trade around Portis for T Prince (we'd probably have to add something). Prince fits this group and a Collins-Portis duo in Atlanta would be fun to watch...
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#638 » by MeloRoseNoah » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:03 pm

ROFL Atlanta Hawks is about to put their tank game on overdrive and we’re here talking about adding scrubs to win some meaningless game. The Bulls need to trade R Lopez, Bobby Portis, and Jabari Parker for 2nd rounders and cash.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#639 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Hello, i frequent the T&T board and thought of this idea and wanna get feedback

HOU trades
Nene 2 years 6 mil

CHI trades

Counteroffer:

HOU trades
Nene 2 years 6 mil
Cash $$$
More Cash $$$

CHI trades
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,010

Post#640 » by Peelboy » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:37 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

HOU trades
Nene 2 years 6 mil

CHI trades

Counteroffer:

HOU trades
Nene 2 years 6 mil
Cash $$$
More Cash $$$

CHI trades

That's the genius of GarPax, they already got a bunch of cash from Houston, so Houston can't send much more since teams have a max cash they can send annually. Houston is therefore FORCED to send picks in order to dump guys. :nod: 8-)

Return to Chicago Bulls