Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, RedBulls23, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, Payt10, GimmeDat

sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,982
And1: 3,404
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1881 » by sco » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 pm

I think Blake is a guy you take a gamble on IF PF is a hole and you are "one guy away". Otherwise...too old too fragile.
:clap:
Dez
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,862
And1: 4,219
Joined: Jul 23, 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1882 » by Dez » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:52 am

Onibuh wrote:
jump wrote:Just defending Carter, who i see as a stellar young player. Also that you’re fine with Blake’s injuries but troubled by Carter's. Then you said something about the FO loving their injury prone players, which is absurd since no FO loves injuries. So it feels like you’re just on a FO bashing trip like so many posters here.

Blake is just that much better than Carter that you could argue About taking your Chance on him and bet on him staying healthy when needed.


WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.
Onibuh
Junior
Posts: 460
And1: 115
Joined: Jun 23, 2017
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1883 » by Onibuh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:00 am

Dez wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
jump wrote:Just defending Carter, who i see as a stellar young player. Also that you’re fine with Blake’s injuries but troubled by Carter's. Then you said something about the FO loving their injury prone players, which is absurd since no FO loves injuries. So it feels like you’re just on a FO bashing trip like so many posters here.

Blake is just that much better than Carter that you could argue About taking your Chance on him and bet on him staying healthy when needed.


WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.

Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,982
And1: 3,404
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1884 » by sco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:03 pm

Onibuh wrote:
Dez wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Blake is just that much better than Carter that you could argue About taking your Chance on him and bet on him staying healthy when needed.


WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.

Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.

I don't get why we're comparing the two. WCJ is a C and Blake is a PF.

Blake is clearly better, but he's only got 2-3 years at that level left - plus durability factors in too.

The right comparison is for Lauri who plays the same position and would need to be part of that deal, IMO. Blake and Lauri are a bad pairing.
:clap:
ArtMorte
Senior
Posts: 569
And1: 404
Joined: Jan 15, 2018
   

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1885 » by ArtMorte » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:17 pm

A big fan of Griffin, but he played like a point forward last season with Detroit (very similar to LeBron) and I think he'll keep playing that way for the rest of his career, it's safe to say we're not looking for a player like that.
User avatar
bearadonisdna
RealGM
Posts: 12,399
And1: 2,057
Joined: Jul 07, 2012

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1886 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:26 am

Would think Blake being a point forward would be a positive.

Cp3 and galinari
for Otto, Felicio, hutch, Valentine, gafford, Kris Dunn, Blakeney.

Gafford is only in there for salary matching. Would like to keep him.

So bulls would look like.

5. Wcj
4.Lauri
3. Gallo

1.Cp3
2.Zach

The case for Gallo is that he had a great season and could be a number 1 scorer. This trade is easily doable without cp3 but added him as an incentive for okc to make the deal. Maybe they don't want Galinari on the books, he would be an interesting piece.
(.459 FTr on 90% Ft shooting and a 21 PER.)
Onibuh
Junior
Posts: 460
And1: 115
Joined: Jun 23, 2017
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1887 » by Onibuh » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:27 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Would think Blake being a point forward would be a positive.

Cp3 and galinari
for Otto, Felicio, hutch, Valentine, gafford, Kris Dunn, Blakeney.

Gafford is only in there for salary matching. Would like to keep him.

So bulls would look like.

5. Wcj
4.Lauri
3. Gallo

1.Cp3
2.Zach

The case for Gallo is that he had a great season and could be a number 1 scorer. This trade is easily doable without cp3 but added him as an incentive for okc to make the deal. Maybe they don't want Galinari on the books, he would be an interesting piece.
(.459 FTr on 90% Ft shooting and a 21 PER.)

I'd actually like that trade. Get rid of all the guys we'd like to see gone and get 2 very good players. Don't sleep on Paul, he's still a damn good player
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,982
And1: 3,404
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1888 » by sco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Onibuh wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Would think Blake being a point forward would be a positive.

Cp3 and galinari
for Otto, Felicio, hutch, Valentine, gafford, Kris Dunn, Blakeney.

Gafford is only in there for salary matching. Would like to keep him.

So bulls would look like.

5. Wcj
4.Lauri
3. Gallo

1.Cp3
2.Zach

The case for Gallo is that he had a great season and could be a number 1 scorer. This trade is easily doable without cp3 but added him as an incentive for okc to make the deal. Maybe they don't want Galinari on the books, he would be an interesting piece.
(.459 FTr on 90% Ft shooting and a 21 PER.)

I'd actually like that trade. Get rid of all the guys we'd like to see gone and get 2 very good players. Don't sleep on Paul, he's still a damn good player

It comes down how high we are on Otto's future here. If you think he's a top 10 SF and going to be playing largely uninjured (hip) for next few years, I don't think you do that trade. But that's a lot of belief to get there.

CP3 Gallo fills some nice holes (although I don't knowif Gallo can play SF anymore). You're out of FA for a while, but who were we getting anyway? Our bench becomes White, Sato, ?, Thad, Kornet - so not bad.
:clap:
bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
Posts: 791
And1: 407
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1889 » by bigworld2017 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:45 pm

Onibuh wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Would think Blake being a point forward would be a positive.

Cp3 and galinari
for Otto, Felicio, hutch, Valentine, gafford, Kris Dunn, Blakeney.

Gafford is only in there for salary matching. Would like to keep him.

So bulls would look like.

5. Wcj
4.Lauri
3. Gallo

1.Cp3
2.Zach

The case for Gallo is that he had a great season and could be a number 1 scorer. This trade is easily doable without cp3 but added him as an incentive for okc to make the deal. Maybe they don't want Galinari on the books, he would be an interesting piece.
(.459 FTr on 90% Ft shooting and a 21 PER.)

I'd actually like that trade. Get rid of all the guys we'd like to see gone and get 2 very good players. Don't sleep on Paul, he's still a damn good player


He is. For the 45 games a year he can suit up he's still productive. And he looks good on the bench in street clothes cheering his current team on, even if he forgets which team that is. And all that for over $40 Million a year. Sign me up!
HoopsterJones
General Manager
Posts: 8,668
And1: 5,301
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1890 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:01 pm

I wonder if there is anything the Bulls can get for Dunn. Even if it’s a 2nd round pick.
2019-2020 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 35-47
1 All Star: Markkanen or LaVine
All Rookie 2nd Team: Coby White
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,982
And1: 3,404
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1891 » by sco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:31 pm

HoopsterJones wrote:I wonder if there is anything the Bulls can get for Dunn. Even if it’s a 2nd round pick.

Nope. Not gonna happen.
:clap:
HoopsterJones
General Manager
Posts: 8,668
And1: 5,301
Joined: Feb 22, 2014

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1892 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:32 pm

sco wrote:
HoopsterJones wrote:I wonder if there is anything the Bulls can get for Dunn. Even if it’s a 2nd round pick.

Nope. Not gonna happen.


Yeah I figured as much. Thanks Garpax.
2019-2020 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 35-47
1 All Star: Markkanen or LaVine
All Rookie 2nd Team: Coby White
User avatar
bearadonisdna
RealGM
Posts: 12,399
And1: 2,057
Joined: Jul 07, 2012

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1893 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 am

I want to trade the idiot that goes around editing my post and probably others without warning.

Get that guy out of here! Lol and get a life.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 12,259
And1: 5,665
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1894 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:20 pm

Onibuh wrote:
Dez wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Blake is just that much better than Carter that you could argue About taking your Chance on him and bet on him staying healthy when needed.


WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.

Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.


Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 12,259
And1: 5,665
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1895 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Jesus Christ I'm out of here. I see more Chris Paul trades. :banghead:
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,640
And1: 625
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1896 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Would think Blake being a point forward would be a positive.

Cp3 and galinari
for Otto, Felicio, hutch, Valentine, gafford, Kris Dunn, Blakeney.

Gafford is only in there for salary matching. Would like to keep him.

So bulls would look like.

5. Wcj
4.Lauri
3. Gallo

1.Cp3
2.Zach

The case for Gallo is that he had a great season and could be a number 1 scorer. This trade is easily doable without cp3 but added him as an incentive for okc to make the deal. Maybe they don't want Galinari on the books, he would be an interesting piece.
(.459 FTr on 90% Ft shooting and a 21 PER.)

Hell no to this trade! Porter suits our team way to much to take on old ass CP
User avatar
bearadonisdna
RealGM
Posts: 12,399
And1: 2,057
Joined: Jul 07, 2012

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1897 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:17 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
Dez wrote:
WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.

Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.


Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.


Don't know man, Blake is an all star. If it's a straight up deal then id be inclined to improve the team by adding an ALL STAR.
Yeah the title is subjective, Blake's production isnt.

The 2 star archetype is a fallacy. GS still basically has 4 all-stars. Ppl have let recency bias of the their injuries totally dismiss them.

Kawhi and raptor aren't exactly a feasible archetype towards winning.
1st kawhi is not an all-star, he is an mvp caliber player.
Also gasol and Lowry are multiple all-stars in their own right, adding in ibaka, siakam,Green and these are all starting caliber players.

If teams think they can replicate a 2 all star lineup towards championship goals I think it's a opportunistic distortion of reality.
Fact of the matter is, it's like the superteam died. Why and how?
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
Posts: 12,259
And1: 5,665
Joined: Jun 26, 2014
     

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1898 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:42 am

bearadonisdna wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.


Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.


Don't know man, Blake is an all star. If it's a straight up deal then id be inclined to improve the team by adding an ALL STAR.
Yeah the title is subjective, Blake's production isnt.

The 2 star archetype is a fallacy. GS still basically has 4 all-stars. Ppl have let recency bias of the their injuries totally dismiss them.

Kawhi and raptor aren't exactly a feasible archetype towards winning.
1st kawhi is not an all-star, he is an mvp caliber player.
Also gasol and Lowry are multiple all-stars in their own right, adding in ibaka, siakam,Green and these are all starting caliber players.

If teams think they can replicate a 2 all star lineup towards championship goals I think it's a opportunistic distortion of reality.
Fact of the matter is, it's like the superteam died. Why and how?


I'm perfectly content to see how Carter develops rather than acquire Blame Griffin. Griffin is 2nd tier star now. He'll be 3rd tier in a couple years. I'm not desperate to get an all-star on the team because I believe we have two that will be soon. I'm patient enough to see how it plays out.
Onibuh
Junior
Posts: 460
And1: 115
Joined: Jun 23, 2017
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1899 » by Onibuh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
Dez wrote:
WCJ just turned 20 years old, your argument is bizarre.

Carter will be lucky to become as good as Blake is. I don't think he'll match his skill or Impact. 20 yo or not, Blake will remain the better until he retires or injuries slowed him down as they did with TMac.


Carter will be a perennial DPOY candidate with good offensive skills. Blake is an offensive highlight reel past his peak. I would hang up on a deal of Carter for Griffin. Clippers dumped him because they knew his best days were gone.

that's not the realistic Outlook, it's the best case with 100% hitting his ceiling. Blake is an all star and just lead his Team to the POs.

I'd gladly be relevant again and offer some youth for it. It's About balance and be a Winning Franchise. Winning franchises are more attractive.
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,995
And1: 7,842
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1900 » by GhostOfChicago » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:47 am

Is Blake going to make this team contender?

Answer is no. So why in the hell would you trade a young player like WCJ whom has shown promise for a 30+ year old who has a history of injuries and is going to be declining?

Just dumb.
Image

Return to Chicago Bulls