Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, Payt10, GimmeDat, RedBulls23, dougthonus, kulaz3000, Tommy Udo 6 , Ice Man, DASMACKDOWN

PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,638
And1: 624
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1921 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Aug 7, 2019 5:56 pm

Why just deal him to just deal him?? Teams knrw we were in tough spot to demand anything good, but also he is in last year of contract. We can just play it out with him. Boylen also still likes him..
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,979
And1: 7,811
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1922 » by GhostOfChicago » Wed Aug 7, 2019 6:43 pm

I can see a Dunn trade happen sometime before the season or early part of the season. Some team will deal with a injury.

Wonder if the Clippers will have interest? Lou Williams is basically their backup PG and if he or Beverley go down they have no one else to play the PG position. A couple of weeks ago I seen a Clippers fan propose a Dunn for Jerome Robinson trade. Makes sense on both sides.
Image
League Circles
RealGM
Posts: 29,589
And1: 7,303
Joined: Dec 04, 2001
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1923 » by League Circles » Wed Aug 7, 2019 10:03 pm

sco wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:I think you guys are going overboard about Dunn's value.. It isnt that bad or low.

Based on what? It has been widely publicized that the Bulls would trade him since the deadline and the only sniff of a rumor was that he'd fetch Justin Holiday - which didn't happen. There is close to zero interest.

I think Bulls would have traded him for no salary coming back but nobody has offered that. I'm sure they could have had a similar caliber player at another position for him but haven't been interested.
drosestruts
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,536
And1: 1,554
Joined: Apr 05, 2012
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1924 » by drosestruts » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:45 pm

I think a KCP for Dunn and Blakeney trade could make sense for both us and the Lakers.
User avatar
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,106
And1: 16,051
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1925 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:44 am

drosestruts wrote:I think a KCP for Dunn and Blakeney trade could make sense for both us and the Lakers.


I can't remember when, but I do vaguely remember the Bulls being linked to KCP at some point, but a story came out saying that KCP vetoed a trade to the Bulls? I think it was during last season.

Not sure if his current deal has the same veto option though.
Why so serious?
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,555
And1: 18,256
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1926 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:17 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:I think a KCP for Dunn and Blakeney trade could make sense for both us and the Lakers.


I can't remember when, but I do vaguely remember the Bulls being linked to KCP at some point, but a story came out saying that KCP vetoed a trade to the Bulls? I think it was during last season.

Not sure if his current deal has the same veto option though.

I can't think of a worst fit next to LeBron and AD than Kris Dunn.

I can understand why the Bulls would want to do that trade because it gives them some depth on the wing/perimeter where they aren't just relying on Val and Hutch who are mostly unproven.
User avatar
coldfish
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 47,234
And1: 15,556
Joined: Jun 11, 2004
Location: Right in the middle
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1927 » by coldfish » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:57 pm

IMO, the Bulls shopped Dunn and got crap for offers. They are going to hold onto him and hope that some team struggles and considers blowing itself up or shedding salary. As others are noting, between Blakeney, Dunn and Valentine the Bulls can take on a lot of salary while giving out expirings. Expirings aren't what they used to be but Chicago just needs a back up wing.
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,979
And1: 7,811
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1928 » by GhostOfChicago » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:52 pm

Wonder what a Jae Crowder trade would look like?

Valentine, Blakeney, 2020 2nd?

Dunn going to a 3rd team for another future 2nd?
Image
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,957
And1: 3,396
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1929 » by sco » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:21 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:Wonder what a Jae Crowder trade would look like?

Valentine, Blakeney, 2020 2nd?

Dunn going to a 3rd team for another future 2nd?

I don't think Memphis is tanking and he projects as their starting SF...Iggy could start, but doubt they take the call.

The good news is that Crowder is a FA next season and could be a good choice if we lose Otto.
:clap:
User avatar
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
Posts: 10,077
And1: 2,738
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1930 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 am

Dunn and Valentine for MKG. Charlotte sheds salary and gets a look at a couple guards. Chicago shores up the backup wing spot while getting some defense and toughness too.

Sato, White, Archi
Lavine, White
OPJ, MKG, Young
Lauri, Young
WCJ, Lauri, Gafford
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
PrimzyBulls81
Veteran
Posts: 2,638
And1: 624
Joined: Feb 09, 2013
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1931 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:23 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Dunn and Valentine for MKG. Charlotte sheds salary and gets a look at a couple guards. Chicago shores up the backup wing spot while getting some defense and toughness too.

Sato, White, Archi
Lavine, White
OPJ, MKG, Young
Lauri, Young
WCJ, Lauri, Gafford


You forgot about Harrison, Blakeney, Kornet and Felicio on the roster? At least Shaq Harrison should get some big minutes for D and energy and Kornet as shooting 5 few spots min.. also Mokoka as twoway is here.. Felicio and Blakeney we could care less, i know.. Btw. I. Like the trade
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 8,979
And1: 7,811
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1932 » by GhostOfChicago » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:08 pm

With Harrison and Hutchison on the roster I see no need for a defensive specialist like MKG.


I posted this trade months back and still believe it could be ideal for both sides

Dunn+Valentine to New Orleans for E'Twaun Moore.

The Pels have no backup point guard and have a logjam of 2 guards on their current roster with the signing of free agent JJ Redick and Josh Hart whom they acquired in the AD trade, so Moore could be expendable. Also with Moore being 30 and in the last year of his deal, the Pels may have interest in flipping him for two younger players that they could control due to being RFA's after the season.

For the Bulls, they add much needed shooting off the bench. Kornet is the most "proven" shooter on the bench as of this moment.

Sato, White/Arci
LaVine, Moore/Shaq
Porter, Hutch
Lauri, Young
WCJ, Kornet
Image
User avatar
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
Posts: 10,077
And1: 2,738
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1933 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:46 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Dunn and Valentine for MKG. Charlotte sheds salary and gets a look at a couple guards. Chicago shores up the backup wing spot while getting some defense and toughness too.

Sato, White, Archi
Lavine, White
OPJ, MKG, Young
Lauri, Young
WCJ, Lauri, Gafford


You forgot about Harrison, Blakeney, Kornet and Felicio on the roster? At least Shaq Harrison should get some big minutes for D and energy and Kornet as shooting 5 few spots min.. also Mokoka as twoway is here.. Felicio and Blakeney we could care less, i know.. Btw. I. Like the trade


I didn’t include them because they shouldn’t be in the rotation. They get spot minutes when an injury occurs. Those 4 guys aren’t good nba players.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
User avatar
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 60,968
And1: 22,739
Joined: Nov 25, 2003
Location: On my high horse.
     

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1934 » by DuckIII » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Dunn and Valentine for MKG. Charlotte sheds salary and gets a look at a couple guards. Chicago shores up the backup wing spot while getting some defense and toughness too.

Sato, White, Archi
Lavine, White
OPJ, MKG, Young
Lauri, Young
WCJ, Lauri, Gafford


You forgot about Harrison, Blakeney, Kornet and Felicio on the roster? At least Shaq Harrison should get some big minutes for D and energy and Kornet as shooting 5 few spots min.. also Mokoka as twoway is here.. Felicio and Blakeney we could care less, i know.. Btw. I. Like the trade


I didn’t include them because they shouldn’t be in the rotation. They get spot minutes when an injury occurs. Those 4 guys aren’t good nba players.


I like it. Did you mean Hutch behind MKG or do you see Young getting some SF run?
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
User avatar
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 36,555
And1: 18,256
Joined: Jan 19, 2009
Location: Waiting in Grant Park
       

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1935 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:46 pm

I still can't see Boylen playing 2 rookies in the rotation when he will be trying to win games. I expect Kornet to play over Gafford.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,957
And1: 3,396
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1936 » by sco » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:25 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:I still can't see Boylen playing 2 rookies in the rotation when he will be trying to win games. I expect Kornet to play over Gafford.

At least on the surface Luke is a better fit alongside Young, but you never know.
:clap:
User avatar
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
Posts: 10,077
And1: 2,738
Joined: Jun 27, 2008

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1937 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:22 am

DuckIII wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
You forgot about Harrison, Blakeney, Kornet and Felicio on the roster? At least Shaq Harrison should get some big minutes for D and energy and Kornet as shooting 5 few spots min.. also Mokoka as twoway is here.. Felicio and Blakeney we could care less, i know.. Btw. I. Like the trade


I didn’t include them because they shouldn’t be in the rotation. They get spot minutes when an injury occurs. Those 4 guys aren’t good nba players.


I like it. Did you mean Hutch behind MKG or do you see Young getting some SF run?


I could see Young getting a few minutes in a worst case scenario. I understand he didn’t play there at all last year.

I think the Bulls try to win games and don’t give out minutes to young guys for the sake of it, and I haven’t seen anything from Hutch to suggest he should be getting minutes for a team trying to win.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
WYO
Junior
Posts: 313
And1: 132
Joined: Jul 27, 2014
     

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1938 » by WYO » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:36 am

There are some good and realistic trade ideas on this page. I'll ruin that by throwing out a trade for the unavailable Aaron Gordon.

Trade 1: White, Carter Jr, and Shrek for Aaron Gordon
Trade 2: Dunn+2nd for E'twaun Moore
Trade 3: Valentine and Hutchison for Jae Crowder
Sign Noah to defend real centers

The rotation
1: Satoransky, Moore, Arci
2: Lavine, Moore
3: Porter, Crowder
4: Gordon, Young
5: Markkanen, Noah, Kornet
Showtime23
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,324
And1: 495
Joined: Oct 12, 2018

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1939 » by Showtime23 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:33 pm

WYO wrote:There are some good and realistic trade ideas on this page. I'll ruin that by throwing out a trade for the unavailable Aaron Gordon.

Trade 1: White, Carter Jr, and Shrek for Aaron Gordon
Trade 2: Dunn+2nd for E'twaun Moore
Trade 3: Valentine and Hutchison for Jae Crowder
Sign Noah to defend real centers

The rotation
1: Satoransky, Moore, Arci
2: Lavine, Moore
3: Porter, Crowder
4: Gordon, Young
5: Markkanen, Noah, Kornet


Like all the trade ideas. Basically get rid of all the young guys for borderline all star and 2 way veterans.
Honestly, Gordon can become another Victor Oladipo where he cannot unleash his full potential since its the Magic.
Carter I feel has some value but its better to get rid of White before he underperforms as a starting level pg.
While GarPax has generally hit homeruns (Butler, Lauri, and maybe Carter) I am just not convinced how the number 7 pick this yr is a cannot miss prospect. My bet is he will never be better than Sato during his rookie contract if not his entire career.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 13,957
And1: 3,396
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1940 » by sco » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Showtime23 wrote:
WYO wrote:There are some good and realistic trade ideas on this page. I'll ruin that by throwing out a trade for the unavailable Aaron Gordon.

Trade 1: White, Carter Jr, and Shrek for Aaron Gordon
Trade 2: Dunn+2nd for E'twaun Moore
Trade 3: Valentine and Hutchison for Jae Crowder
Sign Noah to defend real centers

The rotation
1: Satoransky, Moore, Arci
2: Lavine, Moore
3: Porter, Crowder
4: Gordon, Young
5: Markkanen, Noah, Kornet


Like all the trade ideas. Basically get rid of all the young guys for borderline all star and 2 way veterans.
Honestly, Gordon can become another Victor Oladipo where he cannot unleash his full potential since its the Magic.
Carter I feel has some value but its better to get rid of White before he underperforms as a starting level pg.
While GarPax has generally hit homeruns (Butler, Lauri, and maybe Carter) I am just not convinced how the number 7 pick this yr is a cannot miss prospect. My bet is he will never be better than Sato during his rookie contract if not his entire career.

I like Gordon, but feel like he lacks the playmaking skill to become elite. I think by year 3, WCJ could be the better player. Shrek's contract isn't worth dumping at this stage because there isn't an FA difference making talent that it could be used on.

I love the idea of Dunn/Moore.

I also love Crowder as Porter insurance, but IIRC, he is a UFA next season, so I would rather see if either or Valentine is a legit rotation player, if not, just sign Crowder next year if we lost Porter.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls