Image ImageImage Image

PG: BLOWN out again, the G League cavalry couldn't come to the rescue

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Re: PG: BLOWN out again, the G League cavalry couldn't come to the rescue 

Post#101 » by SfBull » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:17 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
old skool wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Might as well tank and try to get one of the three Duke players.

As I recall, Jabari Parker was one of the best players in many years to come out of Duke. Consensus top three pick.

But the current Duke guys are probably sure things.

Chill man. Jabari shredded both knees. Not the same guy from Duke. Not sure why this is so hard to understand for some of you. Derrick Rose should be a lesson for all of you.

I disagree.Just watch how good to great Rose has played for Wolves lately coming from the bench.Nothing of Jabari losing posture on the floor which is infuriating for any Bulls fan.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#102 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:33 pm

SfBull wrote:
I disagree.Just watch how good to great Rose has played for Wolves lately coming from the bench.Nothing of Jabari losing posture on the floor which is infuriating for any Bulls fan.

It took Rose half a decade to be productive NBA player after he shredded both his knees with numerous different injuries. Twice almost quit on his team. Took some big maturing. I am big fan of Rose. But Jabari is still young, expecting anything from at high level was wrong. Him being dissapointing should have being expected. He has growing up to do with himself primarily. To reinvent himself as both person and player.

Bulls bet on him, but for a reason we took team option if it doesnt work out.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,636

Post#103 » by Dez » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:53 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:
SfBull wrote:

It took Rose half a decade to be productive NBA player after he shredded both his knees with numerous different injuries. Twice almost quit on his team. Took some big maturing. I am big fan of Rose. But Jabari is still young, expecting anything from at high level was wrong. Him being dissapointing should have being expected. He has growing up to do with himself primarily. To reinvent himself as both person and player.

Bulls bet on him, but for a reason we took team option if it doesnt work out.

Fair enough to criticize his game but to say he needs to grow up and reinvent himself as a person is stupid.

Unless of course you've known Jabari for a long time but I highly doubt that.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#104 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:28 am

Even the mighty Warriors fail to score 100 in 2 of their last 3 games with a couple of their main guys out. They’ve lost 4 in the last 5, and this is with KD and Klay playing.

Maybe we do need to cut Fred some slack... there’s only so much you can do when you have to play G-Leaguers, third stringers, and rookies heavy minutes on a regular basis.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,077

Post#105 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:38 am

Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
No player that gets drafted is a sure thing, but its better to have a top pick than say....#10.

I say 10 because my guess is that when everyone is healthy the Bulls will start winning games (but won't make the playoffs). What's the point of that? I guess you could say player development and yes that's important. However if the Bulls end up with essentially the same roster next year then where will that lead too? Another #10 pick?

I say this and I'm not a fan of tanking. I know it doesn't guarantee anything. I just think that it makes sense, in part, because the team has started the season so poorly. It happened last year and instead of continuing to play bad they got the 7th pick. I like Wendell, but would feel different about this team if they had Doncic.

So we can't tank with the starters and can't stand watching Payne, Blakeney and Felicio playing for tanking purposes.We have no future then.

I'm saying that the best option right now is to tank. If, once everyone is healthy, the Bulls aim for the playoffs (which they'll miss) then yes the future won't be bright. It'll essentially be a repeat of last year. Start off slow, win some games later on and then end up with the 7th pick.

I like Wendell Carter Jr, but this team would look a lot different if they drafted Doncic (which would mean they lost games to get a draft spot to get him).

Same here but if we could of taken #7, #21 & Bobby for Luka...Lord, we'd be in a hell of a position for the future although WCJ is quite the prospect, Luka is on another level.

Can't mess up this time. Yeah, it sucks that we'e barely played 15 games and it'll be tough to watch but it needs to be done. Bulls could be set for the next decade w/ Zion, Little, Barrett or Reddish
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#106 » by Dan Z » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:

I like Wendell Carter Jr, but this team would look a lot different if they drafted Doncic (which would mean they lost games to get a draft spot to get him).

Same here but if we could of taken #7, #21 & Bobby for Luka...Lord, we'd be in a hell of a position for the future although WCJ is quite the prospect, Luka is on another level.

Can't mess up this time. Yeah, it sucks that we'e barely played 15 games and it'll be tough to watch but it needs to be done. Bulls could be set for the next decade w/ Zion, Little, Barrett or Reddish

I completely agree. One of those three players (in bold) means we'd have a potential star to build around. Then add in Lauri, Carter, LaVine and Dunn and the roster is looking good. I like Portis but I'm torn on him going forward. 1. He plays the same position as Lauri and 2. How much money will he ask for?

I also think it would be good to get a FA point guard. I like Dunn, but don't trust his health going forward.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#107 » by MrSparkle » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
SfBull wrote:So we can't tank with the starters and can't stand watching Payne, Blakeney and Felicio playing for tanking purposes.We have no future then.

I'm saying that the best option right now is to tank. If, once everyone is healthy, the Bulls aim for the playoffs (which they'll miss) then yes the future won't be bright. It'll essentially be a repeat of last year. Start off slow, win some games later on and then end up with the 7th pick.

Well, or not signed Kilpatrick who went on fire, won us 3 in row and instead of guaranteeing a top-5 pick, helped us barely end with 7.

Then they just released the guy? :confused: :dontknow: Jerry Seinfeld arms here. I don’t know what to say!
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,077

Post#108 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:10 am

^ Sean KilDraftPick is what they call em. Almost forgot about that streak.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#109 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,131

Post#110 » by molepharmer » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:32 pm

FriedRise wrote:....Maybe we do need to cut Fred some slack... there’s only so much you can do when you have to play G-Leaguers, third stringers, and rookies heavy minutes on a regular basis.

There are reasons some players go undrafted or only show G-league level talent, and the reasons aren't all about coaching.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#111 » by FriedRise » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#112 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:20 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's just stupid. Send Payne or Blakeney to the windy city bulls. Let's see what we have in this kid.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,265

Post#113 » by kodo » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:57 pm

At this point we might as well just have open auditions for anyone who walks in and give them 32 minutes in our next game. But I'm glad Rawle is getting a chance, I thought he'd fill our Nwaba role and we haven't seen anything of him.

Fun Fact: vs TOR 134 minutes were given to former D-League players. And I'm not counting players who we think should currently be in the D-League, like Payne.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#114 » by ZOMG » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:07 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Figures. The FO fears he could actually improve the team.

Not holding my breath waiting for him to get actual NBA game minutes.

I don't think it's possible for me to hate this season more.

Return to Chicago Bulls