Image ImageImage Image

PG: BLOWN out again, the G League cavalry couldn't come to the rescue

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Re: PG: BLOWN out again, the G League cavalry couldn't come to the rescue 

Post#81 » by MrSparkle » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:37 pm

erlim wrote:I am getting a creeping feeling we are very close to poisoning the well under this horrible Hoiball-Era. I remember us squandering our time with a squad of three future all stars in Brad Miller, Brand, and (who I believe will be a bonafide hall of gamer) Meta World Peace; not to mention consummate sixth man of the year Jamal Crawford. We will look back and realize how much better this collection of guys could be.

Tim Floyd-era deja vu all over the place. We have our Floyd, our Brand (wcj), etc.

We’ve got a 19yo rookie pointing out basic team-building strategies that aren’t happening, and almost apologizing about being the vocal leader.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#82 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:55 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
Jeffster81 wrote:All I can do is LOL.

In an era of of sports in which the GMs often get, at most, 2 coaching hires before they are shown the door, the Bulls F.O. seems to have the NBA's version of immunity or tenure, which are both unjustified. The Bulls are quickly becoming the NBA version of the Oakland Raiders and that makes me sad. If there is one organization in all of NA sports that needs to clean house, it's the Bulls.

We've missed the playoffs twice in about 10 years. Let's not overreact.

Keeping Jimmy or letting go of Jimmy might have been in the same place regardless we didn't have any young talent waiting in the wings to be groomed.

year 8 in the rebuild then we talk about being the raiders. No where close to that yet

We've also been out of the 2nd round only once since Michael Jordan retired from the Bulls. We've been to one ECF's in 20 freaking years and we are in a major market. We have no right to act like we are any better than the Knicks.

The freaking Nets have been a better franchise over the last two decades. All I keep hearing from pro tankers is how it's Title or bust... "we don't want another 2nd round exit team". At least the Nets have been to a couple Finals and been out of the 1st round like 6 times in the last 20 years.

If 1st round exit playoff teams are the goal, sure GarPax are the best. LOL. Gar ran the coach who won four playoff series in 5 seasons out of town and hired his fishing buddy who may possibly be the worst NBA coach I've ever seen if I'm going to judge by progression of teams and the product on the floor. And it has nothing to do with injuries. In fact, Thibodeau had a larger % of the cap injured than Fred ever has and he had his franchise player completely handcuff the franchise for the better part of 4 seasons being injured and sitting while healthy, and still won 50 games almost every season.

And If talent is the problem, then Gar should have been shown the door a long time ago.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#83 » by johnnyvann840 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:00 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
erlim wrote:I am getting a creeping feeling we are very close to poisoning the well under this horrible Hoiball-Era. I remember us squandering our time with a squad of three future all stars in Brad Miller, Brand, and (who I believe will be a bonafide hall of gamer) Meta World Peace; not to mention consummate sixth man of the year Jamal Crawford. We will look back and realize how much better this collection of guys could be.

Tim Floyd-era deja vu all over the place. We have our Floyd, our Brand (wcj), etc.

We’ve got a 19yo rookie pointing out basic team-building strategies that aren’t happening, and almost apologizing about being the vocal leader.

What Wendell is trying to say, politely, is that our coach sucks and none of the players are good enough leaders to overcome that. Essentially saying in a nice way that we have a low IQ team and nobody to teach or lead.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#84 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

my favorite tweet of the year
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,240

Post#85 » by Dan Z » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 pm

How has Mikal Bridges looked so far? I know many people wanted to draft him.
Herrdoktor33
Junior
And1: 136

Post#86 » by Herrdoktor33 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:57 pm

We need some players back and a couple of trades
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#87 » by Axolotl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:59 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

my favorite tweet of the year

Thanks man, I needed the laughs :lol:
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,096

Post#88 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:47 pm

Dan Z wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Right now the Kings look more promising than the Bulls. Yikes!

With no Lauri, Kris & Bobby basically all season, I'm sure they would.

we're giving g-leaguers 30mpg out here.

Probably, but it's debatable. Dunn and Portis didn't look very good when they played this year.

Meanwhile many things are going well for the Kings right now. But it's early so a lot can happen as the season goes on.

Dunn played 1 game all season

Bobby had a great preseason, opening night put up 20 & 10 then proceeded to have a couple of bad shooting games.

I mean, they barely played.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#89 » by Jvaughn » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:When the Sixers were "rebuilding" they were losing games, because they just didn't have the talent to compete. But Brett Brown always got those fringe level players to give their all every night, and he never sat back with a bag of popcorn and just watched the disaster on the court.

Head to the Sixers board and you'll see that they thing he's an idiot coach who is holding the team back. Not many fans think their coaches are good. Then again, I don't think Fred has many supporters from other teams' fans, either.

I really like what Brett has built there, but obviously Sixer fans see more than we do. Brett was given an impossible situation, but I feel like he managed it better than anyone could expect. Terrible roster full of G-League prospects, FO consistently drafting players they knew would miss a year so they could continue tanking, etc.

Through that time he was able to get players to play hard, and he was able to find and develop some real diamonds in the rough in that time. Covington, McConnell, Rishaun Holmes, etc. I don't think anyone ever questioned if the product that was on the floor was working hard for the coach. You just don't see that here.

Obviously none of us our in the locker room and practice, but I just get the sense that Fred wants to play the approachable nice guy role, and after the Thibs tenure, I'm sure the FO supports that, but you still have to hold players accountable. The way this team goes out there taking terrible deep contested shot after contested shot and then walking back down the court, you can't convince me that he has their respect.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#90 » by transplant » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 pm

To all of you who watched this game from start to finish, you are true fans and certifiable masochists (I also watched it in its miserable entirety). You had to expect the Bulls to lose, particularly when LaVine called in sick, but jeez. I can't recall watching a Bulls game that was so entirely devoid of even the hint of a silver lining. Not a single Bull played well. I came into the game with extremely low expectations and yet was somehow still disappointed. That was plainly and simply awful.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#91 » by d boy gentleman » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Well, you want Zion well embrace the tank and deal with it. I opted to watch NXT TakeOver...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,802

Post#92 » by NZB2323 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:25 pm

In a way, it’s a good sign that our team is so terrible without Lavine or Lauri. I’m also on team tank so it’s a double victory for me.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,078
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#93 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:01 pm

transplant wrote:To all of you who watched this game from start to finish, you are true fans and certifiable masochists (I also watched it in its miserable entirety). You had to expect the Bulls to lose, particularly when LaVine called in sick, but jeez. I can't recall watching a Bulls game that was so entirely devoid of even the hint of a silver lining. Not a single Bull played well. I came into the game with extremely low expectations and yet was somehow still disappointed. That was plainly and simply awful.

Does it count that I watched the whole game in fast forward and it took me 8 minutes to watch the whole game?
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#94 » by pylb » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 pm

I think I didn't watch the 4th quarter. Or maybe just half of it. I honestly don't remember.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#95 » by samwana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:47 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
GDRO10 wrote:The amount of people blaming Hoiberg for this mess is unreal. Not trying to say that Fred has done anything to deserve this job, but give this G-League squad to Stevens or Popovich and nothing changes.

Nobody is "blaming Hoiberg" (at least I'm not). He's just part of the problem. He's making things worse also. No, this is a collective effort starting at the top but Fred is just compounding things by being such an enabler of laziness and stupid horrible play.
Hoiberg is doing nobody a favor if he let's Blakeney miss shot after shot. Or Parker missing defensive play after play.

A team can still look structured while being overmatched on talent. This team just looks bad game after game.

The only thing you see Hoiberg do is chewing more gum.

I'm sure this team with Pop or Stevens at the helm wouldn't be this bad, both would hold guys accountable.

You can miss a good shot, but not put up bad shot after bad shot.
You can live with your opponent hitting a tough shot, not with getting them wide open looks.
This complete coaching staff needs to go. They're awful.

Sent from my SM-G920F using RealGM mobile app
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#96 » by samwana » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:56 pm

transplant wrote:To all of you who watched this game from start to finish, you are true fans and certifiable masochists (I also watched it in its miserable entirety). You had to expect the Bulls to lose, particularly when LaVine called in sick, but jeez. I can't recall watching a Bulls game that was so entirely devoid of even the hint of a silver lining. Not a single Bull played well. I came into the game with extremely low expectations and yet was somehow still disappointed. That was plainly and simply awful.
I went through the whole thing too. Congrats to you as well!

The biggest conclusion? We're a big mess and our coach let's it happen. Like a tsunami rolling over him every single game. Nothing he does helps..

SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#97 » by SfBull » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:03 pm

Dan Z wrote:
old skool wrote:
Dan Z wrote:Might as well tank and try to get one of the three Duke players.

As I recall, Jabari Parker was one of the best players in many years to come out of Duke. Consensus top three pick.

But the current Duke guys are probably sure things.

No player that gets drafted is a sure thing, but its better to have a top pick than say....#10.

I say 10 because my guess is that when everyone is healthy the Bulls will start winning games (but won't make the playoffs). What's the point of that? I guess you could say player development and yes that's important. However if the Bulls end up with essentially the same roster next year then where will that lead too? Another #10 pick?

I say this and I'm not a fan of tanking. I know it doesn't guarantee anything. I just think that it makes sense, in part, because the team has started the season so poorly. It happened last year and instead of continuing to play bad they got the 7th pick. I like Wendell, but would feel different about this team if they had Doncic.

So we can't tank with the starters and can't stand watching Payne, Blakeney and Felicio playing for tanking purposes.We have no future then.
transplant
RealGM

Post#98 » by transplant » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:09 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:

Does it count that I watched the whole game in fast forward and it took me 8 minutes to watch the whole game?

Yeah, I think it does. The question is, does it hurt more when you rip the bandaid off or when you remove it slowly?
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

transplant
RealGM

Post#99 » by transplant » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:15 pm

samwana wrote:
I went through the whole thing too. Congrats to you as well!

The biggest conclusion? We're a big mess and our coach let's it happen. Like a tsunami rolling over him every single game. Nothing he does helps..

Like the tsunami analogy. I suspect that Fred mentally went to his happy (Ames, IA) place at some point in Q3.

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,240

Post#100 » by Dan Z » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:16 pm

SfBull wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
old skool wrote:
As I recall, Jabari Parker was one of the best players in many years to come out of Duke. Consensus top three pick.

But the current Duke guys are probably sure things.

No player that gets drafted is a sure thing, but its better to have a top pick than say....#10.

I say 10 because my guess is that when everyone is healthy the Bulls will start winning games (but won't make the playoffs). What's the point of that? I guess you could say player development and yes that's important. However if the Bulls end up with essentially the same roster next year then where will that lead too? Another #10 pick?

I say this and I'm not a fan of tanking. I know it doesn't guarantee anything. I just think that it makes sense, in part, because the team has started the season so poorly. It happened last year and instead of continuing to play bad they got the 7th pick. I like Wendell, but would feel different about this team if they had Doncic.

So we can't tank with the starters and can't stand watching Payne, Blakeney and Felicio playing for tanking purposes.We have no future then.

I'm saying that the best option right now is to tank. If, once everyone is healthy, the Bulls aim for the playoffs (which they'll miss) then yes the future won't be bright. It'll essentially be a repeat of last year. Start off slow, win some games later on and then end up with the 7th pick.

I like Wendell Carter Jr, but this team would look a lot different if they drafted Doncic (which would mean they lost games to get a draft spot to get him).

Return to Chicago Bulls