Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA 18/19 Season #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Re: Around the NBA 18/19 Season #2 

Post#1941 » by dice » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:22 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Elfrid Payton has 5 straight triple doubles. 4 of those games were losses, but how many players are actually capable of putting together that many triple doubles consecutively? He's going to be a free-agent. Maybe he's a guy worth taking a flyer on? Might just be a guy who took some time to develop, like Billups and Lowry.

Here's some highlights from his most recent outing. His game isn't flashy, but you can get a good sense of the type of floor general he is. Everything is deliberate and unforced. He's showing poise out there. A lot of these former Magic lottery picks are proving to be good players who were just slow to develop. Maybe Elfrid will follow the trend.

not sure he's starter material
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#1942 » by ZOMG » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 pm

dice wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Elfrid Payton has 5 straight triple doubles. 4 of those games were losses, but how many players are actually capable of putting together that many triple doubles consecutively? He's going to be a free-agent. Maybe he's a guy worth taking a flyer on? Might just be a guy who took some time to develop, like Billups and Lowry.

Here's some highlights from his most recent outing. His game isn't flashy, but you can get a good sense of the type of floor general he is. Everything is deliberate and unforced. He's showing poise out there. A lot of these former Magic lottery picks are proving to be good players who were just slow to develop. Maybe Elfrid will follow the trend.

He's certainly several tiers better than Kris Dunn.

The last time Payton was available, I was called crazy for saying that maybe we should take a look at him.

There were people here who actually said Dunn is better than him.

I still remember who they were.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1943 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:51 pm

ZOMG wrote:
dice wrote:

The last time Payton was available, I was called crazy for saying that maybe we should take a look at him.

There were people here who actually said Dunn is better than him.

I still remember who they were.

We need a dependable vet PG. Going into next season with Elfrid Payton as the starter wouldnot meet that criteria. If we move Dunn maybe he could be battle Arci to be the backup PG.

His overall season stats are still subpar. Inefficient scorer, weak shooter and not someone you really want dominating the ball. Being better than Dunn means nothing at this point.
dice
RealGM

Post#1944 » by dice » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:59 pm

ZOMG wrote:
dice wrote:

geez. how many tiers are there? 44?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#1945 » by League Circles » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:34 pm

dice wrote:
ZOMG wrote:
dice wrote:not sure he's starter material

geez. how many tiers are there? 44?

There are 5 tiers in the NBA.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
dice
RealGM

Post#1946 » by dice » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:59 pm

thunder a game up on clippers for 8 seed. split season series
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,610

Post#1947 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:03 am

riselife
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#1948 » by riselife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:14 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:

Lakers messed up bad trading D Lo
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#1949 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:18 am

Why aren't the Nets considered a FA destination?

They have a lot of young talent in Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, and Kurucs

If I'm KD this is the New York team I would be interested in.
riselife
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#1950 » by riselife » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:21 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:Why aren't the Nets considered a FA destination?

They have a lot of young talent in Russell, LeVert, Dinwiddie, Allen, Harris, and Kurucs

Same thing I thought KD would be perfect for them
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#1951 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:22 am

riselife wrote:

I think KD is Clipper bound but I can see the Nets signing a star this Summer. Likely Jimmy Butler Imo.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#1952 » by HomoSapien » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:09 am

Forgot about this training session that happened about 5 years ago. I often joke about Robin Lopez looking like Hakeem out there, but he may have really developed his post skills from Hakeem's tutelage.

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1953 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:16 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:

Possible MIP award for him? but daaamn, Fox's defense was brutal most of the game..
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#1954 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:17 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:
riselife wrote:

I think KD is Clipper bound but I can see the Nets signing a star this Summer. Likely Jimmy Butler Imo.

I hope they land some better player and teammate than Jimmy!
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#1955 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:21 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:

Possible MIP award for him?

He's in the conversation, I like Siakam for MIP.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM

Post#1956 » by Repeat 3-peat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:22 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:
riselife wrote:

I hope they land some better player and teammate than Jimmy!

JB has acted good so far with Philly but not sure he has a future there. Will they offer him a 5 year max? not sure.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1957 » by GimmeDat » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:39 am

Looks like WCJ will have to battle hard to compete against the comparisons to his fellow 2018 draft peers. Doncic, JJJ and Ayton have been productive all season, Trae has come on in a big way lately, and Bagley now is really putting it all together and putting up massive numbers (though he has been good all season).

Bamba's been predictably raw (though I would argue more productive, especially offensively, than I would've expected given said rawness), and most of the guys following WCJ's selection have had modest seasons, with the exception of SGA and Heurter (both really good starter types but I would argue not as good prospects as WCJ).

WCJ's really done no wrong so far but the bar has been set high. He's going to have to develop that jump-shot and offensive assertiveness to reach the upside of the guys who preceded him in that draft.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#1958 » by Indomitable » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:39 am

GimmeDat wrote:Looks like WCJ will have to battle hard to compete against the comparisons to his fellow 2018 draft peers. Doncic, JJJ and Ayton have been productive all season, Trae has come on in a big way lately, and Bagley now is really putting it all together and putting up massive numbers (though he has been good all season).

Bamba's been predictably raw (though I would argue more productive, especially offensively, than I would've expected given said rawness), and most of the guys following WCJ's selection have had modest seasons, with the exception of SGA and Heurter (both really good starter types but I would argue not as good prospects as WCJ).

WCJ's really done no wrong so far but the bar has been set high. He's going to have to develop that jump-shot and offensive assertiveness to reach the upside of the guys who preceded him in that draft.

Wendell was the 2nd youngest of those mention and he played fine. I wish he would have stayed healthy this season.

Hutch also was showing signs of growth. His three point shot was better and was a force in the open court.
:banghead:
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach

Post#1959 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:22 pm

GhostOfChicago wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:

Possible MIP award for him?

He's in the conversation, I like Siakam for MIP.

Siakam is in my top 3 as well, really suprised me with his play this season, Raptors got a core piece in him.
dice
RealGM

Post#1960 » by dice » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:43 pm

riselife wrote:
GhostOfChicago wrote:

Lakers messed up bad trading D Lo

no, no they didn't. they got kuzma, who will be on rookie deal for 2 more years. meanwhile...

d'angelo russell is about to be grossly overpaid by the russian

Return to Chicago Bulls