Image ImageImage Image

All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 440K votes among backcourt candidates as of 15 Jan.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 128K votes among backcourt candidates 

Post#21 » by Bandit King » Fri Jan 4, 2019 1:32 am

Lauri soft as a pillow
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 128K votes among backcourt candidates 

Post#22 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Jan 4, 2019 1:48 am

Lol, i did a 2nd ballot with walker.
He is the hometown hero , and hca, maybe he does give you the best chance to win.
It was really hard to vote against uncle drew though. :lol:
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,265

Post#23 » by kodo » Fri Jan 4, 2019 7:35 pm

Mr Funk wrote:Zach doesn't deserve to be there.

He deserves it more than Dwayne Wade (14 ppg on 40% shooting, doesn't even start) or Jeremy Lin (10.4 ppg ).
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#24 » by TheJordanRule » Fri Jan 4, 2019 7:54 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
KissedByaRose1 wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:Zach doesn't deserve to be there.

Kinda agree with this. Hope him missing it makes him work harder on D.

I hope he somehow makes it in... as much of an injustice it would be, it would make his trade value go up just be the moniker and I would hope the Bulls are smart enough to trade him for the best package they can find.

Nevermind.... the Bulls FO would never be bold enough to make the smart move.

You're being too critical of Zach, JV. Zach's not a solid two way player, but he's a positive force on offense now (.560 % TS on massive volume, 23.9 % assist percentage, 0.7 OBPM). This is a breakout season. Are you encouraged at all by his progress?
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#25 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jan 4, 2019 8:10 pm

I still can't believe the D Rose voting totals were not the talk of the NBA
I get we had 2 monster games last night, but this kid is outvoting Durant and Harden and Davis.

When I told my kid to guess who had the 3rd most votes in the West after LeBron and Curry and he names every NBA player except Derrick Rose. But then he told me - Dad, every Chris Smoove video and comment has been 'Vote D Rose for ASG 2019' and then I saw that guy has like 4million subscribers-

I think Derrick is getting a boost from 3 fan bases - MN, CHI and then this Chris Smoove thing.
I don't watch him but over 4 million people do and then they are stuffing the ballot boxes.

I also haven't seen any kind of campaign for any Bulls yet and I clearly recall Zach saying he wanted to be an All Star this year....

also-

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,596

Post#26 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 4, 2019 8:16 pm

Zach's not the 7th best guard in the East, but then again Vince Carter is #7 for the frontcourt vote, and Jeremy Lin at #8 for the backcourt vote, so Zach's slot looks pretty sensible by those standards.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#27 » by Jcool0 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#28 » by Red8911 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 pm

Lavine isn’t making no all star team. Not even the reserves, if bulls don’t win games he won’t be an all star plain and simple. You never see anyone make it from a bad team.

I will be voting for Rose since he’s high up, that would be cool but with the new rules the media votes will probably take him out.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#29 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:10 pm

breaking tradition and voting a 2nd time, normally its just once.

if you are going to do it, do it today votes count twice!
ATRAIN53
Head Coach

Post#30 » by ATRAIN53 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 pm

LUKA!!!

Overtaking Steph Curry :o
4th in voting overall. WOW.

He's gonna start and there are 4 teams that will never live this draft down passing him up.

He's winning that skills challenge if he's in it.

I think they should have a Step Back 3 contest between him, Steph and Harden.
You have to make it over Ayton.

He's gonna be a busy mofo all weekend. Kinda unfair to put him int e rookie game TBH.
I can't wait.

I hope Siakam and Kuzma make the rosters somehow. Some new fresh faces that WANT to be there.
Unlike guys like Butler who don't.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,947
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 330K votes among backcourt candidates 

Post#31 » by MalagaBulls » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 am

He has 330K in votes as of yesterday.Image
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 330K votes among backcourt candidates 

Post#32 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:27 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:He has 330K in votes as of yesterday.Image

What the heck is going on out here? Vince Carter? Dwayne Wade? Is that the geriatric all-star game? They are definitely out. Heyward, Horford, Jeremy Lin, Dragic are out too.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#33 » by terry » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:47 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:He has 330K in votes as of yesterday.Image

What the heck is going on out here? Vince Carter? Dwayne Wade? Is that the geriatric all-star game? They are definitely out. Heyward, Horford, Jeremy Lin, Dragic are out too.

It's why you shouldn't have fans vote.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#34 » by CBS7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:LUKA!!!

He's gonna start and there are 4 teams that will never live this draft down passing him up.

He's gonna be a busy mofo all weekend. Kinda unfair to put him int e rookie game TBH.
I can't wait.

I hope Siakam and Kuzma make the rosters somehow. Some new fresh faces that WANT to be there.

He might start but he needs media as well as the players/coaches group to vote him in as well. Remember it's not just the fan vote that decides starters anymore. Zaza was 2nd in the west in frontcourt voting two years ago but didn't get selected.

That being said he definitely has a shot to get in on the bench.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 330K votes among backcourt candidates as of 10 Jan. 

Post#35 » by mj234eva » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:53 pm

^

50% fan vote
25% media
25% players
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 pm

I can't wait.

for the step back contest, let Harrison guard them and let ME be the ref and allow traveling calls :)

mj234eva wrote:^

50% fan vote
25% media
25% players

If it was up to me i'd go 60% fans, 5% Media, 35% players. Screw the media super-delegates.
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#37 » by CBS7 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:

I can't wait.

for the step back contest, let Harrison guard them and let ME be the ref and allow traveling calls :)

mj234eva wrote:^

50% fan vote
25% media
25% players

If it was up to me i'd go 60% fans, 5% Media, 35% players. Screw the media super-delegates.

I'd go less on the fan front, considering the fan vote can be easily given to undeserving players through gimmick social media campaigns to get guys like Zaza to the top.

Another counterpoint would be Yao getting in even when he didn't play at all for the entire season. I understand its a game for the fans, but making ASGs matter for players in terms of bonuses and their legacy. And while it would be funny to see a guy like Zaza voted in, I don't think anyone thinks that the actual product would improve by him playing.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#38 » by League Circles » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I still can't believe the D Rose voting totals were not the talk of the NBA
I get we had 2 monster games last night, but this kid is outvoting Durant and Harden and Davis.

When I told my kid to guess who had the 3rd most votes in the West after LeBron and Curry and he names every NBA player except Derrick Rose. But then he told me - Dad, every Chris Smoove video and comment has been 'Vote D Rose for ASG 2019' and then I saw that guy has like 4million subscribers-

I think Derrick is getting a boost from 3 fan bases - MN, CHI and then this Chris Smoove thing.
I don't watch him but over 4 million people do and then they are stuffing the ballot boxes.

I also haven't seen any kind of campaign for any Bulls yet and I clearly recall Zach saying he wanted to be an All Star this year....

also-

Derrick has toured china multiple times. He's prob getting plenty of international votes too.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
ATRAIN53
Head Coach

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 330K votes among backcourt candidates as of 10 Jan. 

Post#39 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm

I think Luka wil start. NBA can't look at these returns and put him on the bench, clearly the fans want him there-

The real question is who picks him first?

Giannas is trying to become a face of the NBA. I don't think he picks a kid who is challenging his popularity.

LeBron on the other hand has no fear of the kid. They already have met and I'm sure Luka has dreamed of dishing him a pass for a dunk and that will break the internet when it happens.

It'll be kinda like when Penny Hardaway was a youngster at thew ASG and the vets were tying to pass him the torch. MJ even pantsed him on the bench during intros. It will be the same for Luka - a coronation weened for him. These guys realize what he is and they way he's playing he's already earned their respect.

Zach - forget 2019 - hey need to start the 2020 Campaign now if they want a Bulls player on that roster for the game at the UC.
Unless we somehow land Zion
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:05 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:I think Luka wil start. NBA can't look at these returns and put him on the bench, clearly the fans want him there-

The real question is who picks him first?

Giannas is trying to become a face of the NBA. I don't think he picks a kid who is challenging his popularity.

LeBron on the other hand has no fear of the kid. They already have met and I'm sure Luka has dreamed of dishing him a pass for a dunk and that will break the internet when it happens.

It'll be kinda like when Penny Hardaway was a youngster at thew ASG and the vets were tying to pass him the torch. MJ even pantsed him on the bench during intros. It will be the same for Luka - a coronation weened for him. These guys realize what he is and they way he's playing he's already earned their respect.

Zach - forget 2019 - hey need to start the 2020 Campaign now if they want a Bulls player on that roster for the game at the UC.
Unless we somehow land Zion

oh christ, I forgot all about the picking thing. I actually might tune into that when its on TV. My first thought last year was that it was a cheezy idea, but its grown on me.

Return to Chicago Bulls