Image ImageImage Image

All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 440K votes among backcourt candidates as of 15 Jan.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 440K votes among backcourt candidates as of 15 Jan. 

Post#61 » by bearadonisdna » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:36 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Don't think Zach will make it in with his production currently tanking. This league is very much a 'what have you done for me lately?' kinda league.

Just to show how BEAST Zach has been, he still averages more points per 36 than Bradley Beal.
His efg% is still over 50%.
Zach also has a higher FTr.

You a week ago: "PPG is a good indicator of value"

[Zach's average drops + Beal rises]

You now "Look at these rate stats"

Me a week ago:
Ppg in context is good indicator of value.

Me now: Zachs stats are still pretty good.

Its like i need a lawyer to word my post.lol
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,540

Re: All Star game voting: Zach currently 7th with 440K votes among backcourt candidates as of 15 Jan. 

Post#62 » by dice » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:Don't think Zach will make it in with his production currently tanking. This league is very much a 'what have you done for me lately?' kinda league.

Just to show how BEAST Zach has been, he still averages more points per 36 than Bradley Beal.
His efg% is still over 50%.
Zach also has a higher FTr.

let's get down to the nuts and bolts, shall we?

per 36:

harden 8.21 RPM 34p/8a/5to 62%ts
beal 1.36 RPM 24/5/3 57%ts
arci 0.89 RPM 9/5/1 60%ts
lavine (1.58) RPM 24/5/4 56%ts
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#63 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 pm

With Wade not being named a starter, Oladipo and Dinwiddie being injured, it's safe to say that Zach is in the hunt to be named an all-star this season. They will be choosing six backcourt guys, with Kyrie and Kemba already being named the starters. Beal, Ben Simmons, Lowry, DeAngelo Russell and Zach are the candidates.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#64 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:40 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:With Wade not being named a starter, Oladipo and Dinwiddie being injured, it's safe to say that Zach is in the hunt to be named an all-star this season. They will be choosing six backcourt guys, with Kyrie and Kemba already being named the starters. Beal, Ben Simmons, Lowry, DeAngelo Russell and Zach are the candidates.

Hope he doesnt make it. I really do. If he is not good enough to beat Hawks, let alone get blown out by them you cannot be named All-Star. Dont make mockery of that event any further.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#65 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:10 pm

Here are the All-Star candidates who aren't in the Top 100 for real +/-. While real +/- is not a perfect indicator of how much a guy helps his team, as with any statistic, it's usually not *that* far off. I think it's fair to say that guys who aren't in the Top 100 can't be considered among the 24 best NBA players.

Of course, one could argue that the All Star game isn't about just getting the best players, that helping a team win is only one consideration, others being entertainment value, popularity, and so forth. Fair enough. Just saying, being excellent at the game should be somewhere in the equation -

DeMarcus DeRozan #102
LaMarcus Aldridge #121
Andre Drummond #158
Clint Capela #165
Klay Thompson #171
Derrick Rose #227
Zach LaVine #325
Dwayne Wade #424

Hmmm, a pretty short list, given that about 50 guys are in the All Star discussion. For the most part, real +/- scores and the fans agree, and when they don't, as with Wade and Rose, I think the fans kinda know that those players aren't really among the top 24. Especially Wade. :wink:
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#66 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:17 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:Beal, Ben Simmons, Lowry, DeAngelo Russell and Zach are the candidates.

The East backcourt contest is thin, so yeah, Zach may have a chance. I'd add Bledsoe and Middleton to that list, but in fairness there aren't many other good candidates.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#67 » by sco » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:19 pm

I can't decide if an All Star appearance by Zach is good (as a recruiting tool - look we have an all star in Zach) or bad (Zach gets inflated and unjustified sense of self worth).
:clap:
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#68 » by terry » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:With Wade not being named a starter, Oladipo and Dinwiddie being injured, it's safe to say that Zach is in the hunt to be named an all-star this season. They will be choosing six backcourt guys, with Kyrie and Kemba already being named the starters. Beal, Ben Simmons, Lowry, DeAngelo Russell and Zach are the candidates.

Yeah I don’t think they pick 6 backcourt players. Just 4. The two that start and the two back ups.

The coaches will pick two backcourt players, 3 frontcourt player. And then the last two spots are “wild card” players, which can be any position.

So there is no way in hell Lavine makes it unless there’s like 5 more injuries.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#69 » by terry » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:24 pm

terry wrote:

Yeah I don’t think they pick 6 backcourt players. Just 4. The two that start and the two back ups.

The coaches will pick two backcourt players, 3 frontcourt player. And then the last two spots are “wild card” players, which can be any position.

So there is no way in hell Lavine makes it unless there’s like 5 more injuries.

Also, when there’s injury replacements, the commissioner picks. And Stern/Silver are known to pick players from winning teams even with with lesser stats. So even with injuries, players like Bledsoe, Siakim, even Al Horford, have a better shot at making it then Zach as a replacement.

Hope I’m wrong though! Would love to be wrong and see him there.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#70 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:33 pm

Kryie Irving made the All Star game as a bad defense, indifferent passer, volume scorer on a 24-58 team in 2013. He wasn't any better than Zach is this year. So sure, even though Zach objectively isn't close to being a Top 24 player, why not? If it was good enough for Baby Kyrie, it's good enough for Zach.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#71 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Wow this was rigged more than a Chicago election!

Why even ask the fans to vote is you're not going to listen to their results?
Luka and Rose just got completely robbed.

I get Kemba starting in his hometown. But last results he was getting LESS votes than Steven Adams!

NBA may think Durant and Harden and George are more popular and try and force them down our throats-
but I'd say the fans have spoken.

We wanted Luka, he was getting more votes than Steph Curry!!!!!
Boooo!!!!!!!!
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#72 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:02 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:NBA may think Durant and Harden and George are more popular and try and force them down our throats-

Those three guys are killing it this year. It would be strange if they weren't starting.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#73 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:53 pm

sco wrote:I can't decide if an All Star appearance by Zach is good (as a recruiting tool - look we have an all star in Zach) or bad (Zach gets inflated and unjustified sense of self worth).

There's no way it's a bad thing. It's a long shot, but hopefully a Bull makes it next year in Chicago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#74 » by ZOMG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:07 pm

If Zach makes it in, the All Star game loses all credibility!!!! :wink:
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#75 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:14 pm

ZOMG wrote:If Zach makes it in, the All Star game loses all credibility!!!! :wink:

As I wrote above, he's as good a candidate as Kyrie was in 2013. So, we've been here before.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:03 pm

ZOMG wrote:If Zach makes it in, the All Star game loses all credibility!!!! :wink:

ZOMG= Zach Oh My God
I have finally figured out your acronym.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#77 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:06 pm

Ice Man wrote:
ATRAIN53 wrote:NBA may think Durant and Harden and George are more popular and try and force them down our throats-

Those three guys are killing it this year. It would be strange if they weren't starting.

Agreed - but the NBA asked us to vote for our favorite players - and 4+ million people told them Luka is one of them.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2019/01/2019-Western-Conference-Frontcourt-NBA-All-Star-Starter-Voting-Results.pdf

Only 3 players got over 4 million votes - LeBron, Giannas and Luka

If LeBron had stayed in CLE - Luka would be the leading vote getter in the West - HE would be the Captain!

It's an absolute robbery the kid is not starting.

Only 2 "Media" votes tells me all I need to know about the bias of the NBA reporters.
33 To Jokic means they want to reward him (good)
25 to Ben Simmons who can't shoot a 3? (bad)

Only 2 of you voted for Luka? (completely :crazy:)
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by Ice Man » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:07 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:ZOMG= Zach Oh My God

He joined in 2013 ... but he was planning ahead.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:20 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:
Ice Man wrote:

Agreed - but the NBA asked us to vote for our favorite players - and 4+ million people told them Luka is one of them.

https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/46/2019/01/2019-Western-Conference-Frontcourt-NBA-All-Star-Starter-Voting-Results.pdf

Only 3 players got over 4 million votes - LeBron, Giannas and Luka

If LeBron had stayed in CLE - Luka would be the leading vote getter in the West - HE would be the Captain!

It's an absolute robbery the kid is not starting.

Only 2 "Media" votes tells me all I need to know about the bias of the NBA reporters.
33 To Jokic means they want to reward him (good)
25 to Ben Simmons who can't shoot a 3? (bad)

Only 2 of you voted for Luka? (completely :crazy:)

I have reasons to believe that the NBA tampered with the final counts. Players like Derrick Rose, Doncic and Wade were leading by a wide margin as late as last week, so how come none of them managed to get in as starters? Not that I was looking forward to see these guys starting, but that takes away from the integrity of fans voting.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#80 » by ZOMG » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:12 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:

ZOMG= Zach Oh My God

I don't actually care if Zach makes it or not. The All Star game is a joke.

Return to Chicago Bulls