Image ImageImage Image

The simple move that would turn this thing around

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: The simple move that would turn this thing around 

Post#21 » by dice » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:08 am

rondo is gonna turn this train wreck around? rajon rondo?

we're gonna waive Jabari parker to sign the guy we waived in order to sign Jabari parker?

rondo ain't coming back unless we give him a sweet deal like jabari got
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#22 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:13 am

dice wrote:rondo is gonna turn this train wreck around? rajon rondo?

we're gonna waive Jabari parker to sign the guy we waived in order to sign Jabari parker?

There is definitely a lack of leadership in the Bulls lockeroom, so we can certainly use the service of a guy with the pedigree of Rondo. He can still play l, and he connects with young players. In fact, I see him as a player/coach type of guy. When it comes to the price, it's management's job to figure it out.

After this season, I won't see the point in trying to accumulate high draft picks. We'll have enough of them. At some point, we'll have to start winning games. You don't win in this league with a bunch of young players. We'll need to infuse the roster with some dependable vets. And, that starts with the PG position. Rondo is that guy.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#23 » by d boy gentleman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:36 pm

dice wrote:rondo is gonna turn this train wreck around? rajon rondo?

coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#24 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:28 pm

There are only 3 moves that turns this franchise around-

1) They somehow clone a 24 yr old MJ and we get his rights since the rules on cloned players is kinda sketchy.

2) Reinsdorf sells the team to someone who needs to spend money and putting a winning product on the floor to get ROI

3) Fans stop showing up at the UC and corporations stop buying suites

I don't think #1 is happening anytime soon, so it's gotta be #2 or #3
danzou
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#25 » by danzou » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:03 pm

If Wizards are looking to reduce payroll, we could try to offer Dunn + fillers (Felicio, etc) for Porter or Wall. Depending on how the draft goes, we could have an opening day lineup of

Barrett
Zach
Porter
Lauri
WCJ or

Wall
Zach
Zion
Lauri
WCJ

I know their contracts are terrible, but its not like free agents are banging down our door to join us. I would enjoy watching either lineup if we had a decent coach.
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#26 » by Lauri_Legend » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:39 pm

Start Ryan over Dunn. Probably won't change anything, but it'd be fun to watch that drama. Anything beats what is going on here.
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#27 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:18 pm

danzou wrote:If Wizards are looking to reduce payroll, we could try to offer Dunn + fillers (Felicio, etc) for Porter or Wall. Depending on how the draft goes, we could have an opening day lineup of

Barrett
Zach
Porter
Lauri
WCJ or

Wall
Zach
Zion
Lauri
WCJ

I know their contracts are terrible, but its not like free agents are banging down our door to join us. I would enjoy watching either lineup if we had a decent coach.

The Wizards already have problems selling tickets, so they can't afford to let star or borderline stars walk for nothing. Dunn sucks, period! I'd gladly take John Wall off their hands, though. Trading Dunn now would be the perfect timing to do it before the rest of the league catches on how bad he has become. He'll be 25 in two months.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#28 » by madvillian » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Sorry this mess is not on any player it's on ownership and management. There is no easy fix and Dunn is a solid NBA player that is mired in an awful situation like half a dozen guys on the roster. He's not going to be a star which is a bummer but he's certainly a useful rotation piece on a team that has other good pieces.

The solution is to find a star as Ice Man said. Good luck with this management group.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.

Return to Chicago Bulls