Image ImageImage Image

Bulls not impressed with kris dunn want to go after either rubio or darren colision via trade or free agency rotoworld

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Re: Bulls not impressed with kris dunn want to go after either rubio or darren colision via trade or free agency rotowor 

Post#161 » by Indomitable » Sat Feb 2, 2019 7:00 pm

SensiBull wrote:The Bulls didn't select Scottie Pippen in hopes that Michael Jordan might come along. They picked Michael, asked HIM who HE wanted and HE said Scottie Pippen.

You don't build around a #2 option, hoping that a #1 comes along. We know what you're doing. You're hoping that fans will buy this b.s. until Zach "has a chance" to prove himself as a #1.

Save your breath.

Jordan had no clue who Pippen .

You have no clue.
:banghead:
SensiBull
Starter
And1: 326

Re: Bulls not impressed with kris dunn want to go after either rubio or darren colision via trade or free agency rotowor 

Post#162 » by SensiBull » Sat Feb 2, 2019 7:15 pm

Indomitable wrote:
SensiBull wrote:The Bulls didn't select Scottie Pippen in hopes that Michael Jordan might come along. They picked Michael, asked HIM who HE wanted and HE said Scottie Pippen.

You don't build around a #2 option, hoping that a #1 comes along. We know what you're doing. You're hoping that fans will buy this b.s. until Zach "has a chance" to prove himself as a #1.

Save your breath.

You have no clue.

A. Speak in complete sentences.

B. http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=16456673

C. Because of the 'organizations win championships' remark made by Jerry Krause, there is dispute about whether Jordan had any role in selecting Pippen, but, I distinctly recall Krause himself descrbing discussing it with Jordan, and, it is 'de rigueur' today for a team's star to be consulted before the draft.

Magic Johnson might be the GM, but, don't tell me LeBron wasn't involved in deciding to pursue Anthony Davis. Don't tell me Luka Doncic had no idea that Dallas was pursuing Porzingis.

This is not a stretch, and, in no way impugns the wider story. You're cherry picking.

D. Your comment is reckless, irresponsible, unsubstantiated and offers no counter-argument. It's just an insult.

Where is kulaz3000 now? This dude LITERALLY said I "have no clue." That's not an "attack on other posters"?
http://www.un.org/en/peace/

"While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them ..., and they will not escape." - 1 Thess 5:2-3
SensiBull
Starter

Post#163 » by SensiBull » Sat Feb 2, 2019 7:15 pm

#selectivejustice

"While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them ..., and they will not escape." - 1 Thess 5:2-3
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#164 » by The Box Office » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:21 am

SensiBull wrote:
The Box Office wrote:
SensiBull wrote:Being inhibited from taking shots is not the same thing as missing them.

Ok. I get it. You're a Dunn supporter. That's fine. You're focused on his shot attempts. Ok. I don't know why. He clearly can't make jump shots consistently. And he knows it, too.

He's a bad play maker, too. I put up his minutes. For those minutes, Dunn's productivity is poor.

I'm not impressed. I was a Dunn supporter earlier in the year because of his defense. But his defense is not Gary Payton-Kawhi Leonard level to make up for his weaknesses on offense. Dunn is not getting over 2 steals per game, which he should be.

Bulls are trading him.

Focused on shot attempts''?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA, Trigger. Let's unpack that.

Shot attempts are often decided by the coach, not the players. So, it's not about 'my focus' as much as it is about the team coaching strategy. Don't try to put this on me.

Hey, what's wrong with you? You singled me out when the majority of posters BEFORE me in this thread was crapping on Dunn, too. Why aren't you attacking them?

Dunn sucks. Plain and simple. I brought my stats to back me up. All you have is guesses. He's gone. I made up my mind with his sample size and so did the Bulls. Case closed. Nothing you post here will save Kris Dunn.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,357

Post#166 » by DASMACKDOWN » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:44 am

It was me and a few others here that asked before the season started, who were we going pick up as point guard.

That the team needed a veteran guy to at least show Dunn and others tips and tricks. I thought it was completely odd that we didn't bring anyone in and left it totally up to Dunn and Payne.

To me, its obvious GarPax left it totally in their hands to see full if they were capable of running the show full time. In a way, its a good thing because it would expose them if they aren't good enough. And I think it has. Like I said before, I think Dunn the player is fine, but I don't think he is the one to get us to the next level as a team. I would keep him on the roster if the price is right.
The Cult of Personality
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#167 » by The Box Office » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:51 am

Kris Dunn sucks. He's not worth it. He's replaceable. He's a journey man back up point guard. To SensiBull, since you're ninja editing your posts, tonight Kris Dunn, in 31 minutes, shot 3 for 11, 7 points and 4 assists. That's terrible. Sucks. Awful.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#168 » by Bandit King » Sun Feb 3, 2019 2:58 am

I think Zack Lavine is more of a PG then Dunn and zack is not even a real pg.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#169 » by Indomitable » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:01 am

SensiBull wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

Save your breath.

You have no clue.

C. Because of the 'organizations win championships' remark made by Jerry Krause, there is dispute about whether Jordan had any role in selecting Pippen, but, I distinctly recall Krause himself descrbing discussing it with Jordan, and, it is 'de rigueur' today for a team's star to be consulted before the draft.

Magic Johnson might be the GM, but, don't tell me LeBron wasn't involved in deciding to pursue Anthony Davis. Don't tell me Luka Doncic had no idea that Dallas was pursuing Porzingis.

This is not a stretch, and, in no way impugns the wider story. You're cherry picking.

D. Your comment is reckless, irresponsible, unsubstantiated and offers no counter-argument. It's just an insult.

Where is kulaz3000 now? This dude LITERALLY said I "have no clue." That's not an "attack on other posters"?

Everything you said is false. You are literally making things up. Jordan had no part in the Pippen acquisition. He actually was pushing for the Bulls to pickup Walter Davis in 1987.

Pippen was not consider a franchise changing player. He was consider a big question mark. Krause deserves his credit for Pippen.
:banghead:
Costa78
Rookie
And1: 478

Post#170 » by Costa78 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:05 am

Not sure what is wrong with Dunn lately. I liked what I saw last year, but for whatever reason it seems like he has regressed.
SensiBull
Starter

Post#171 » by SensiBull » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:53 am

Indomitable wrote:
SensiBull wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Jordan had no clue who Pippen .

You have no clue.

Everything you said is false. You are literally making things up. Jordan had no part in the Pippen acquisition. He actually was pushing for the Bulls to pickup Walter Davis in 1987.

Pippen was not consider a franchise changing player. He was consider a big question mark. Krause deserves his credit for Pippen.

Everything? EVERYTHING?

Aren't you exaggerating just a little bit?

Your emotions are speaking louder than your so-called 'facts.'

What I said is that there is a dispute. That is a fact.

I didn't SAY that Pippen was considered a franchise saying player. You made that up. I admitted that I was calling on recollection, and nothing you've said dispels those notions. Hear that? I called them 'notions' and 'recollections.' I'm not lying. I'm simply recalling, and I recall that the problem with Michael's selfishness was that he didn't trust any of his teammates. So, when the opportunity came, they got him someone HE felt he could trust.

Yet again, this is not about which one of us remembers the 90s better. It's that the 2nd banana comes after the first. You don't keep a player because he would make a good 2nd banana to someone who you haven't even acquired yet.

Funny how that topic, the central topic, slips through the cracks and this has turned into a debate about who remembers the glory days most accurately. I'm not chasing you down these little rabbit holes.

You're trying to get a 7-10 split, dispute one issue in hopes that all of them fall, and you didn't hit either. It's a gutterball, homie.

RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,918

Post#173 » by RSP83 » Sun Feb 3, 2019 3:58 am

Dunn was my favorite last year. He's a worse player this season. That's not a good sign. I don't see him ever making that Oladipo trajectory
SensiBull
Starter

Post#174 » by SensiBull » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:15 am

The Box Office wrote:Kris Dunn sucks. He's not worth it. He's replaceable. He's a journey man back up point guard. To SensiBull, since you're ninja editing your posts, tonight Kris Dunn, in 31 minutes, shot 3 for 11, 7 points and 4 assists. That's terrible. Sucks. Awful.

First of all, don't try to imply that I change the facts of my posts.

I correct punctuation or, in some cases, add CLARIFYING comments, and, on the rare occasion that someone has posted after I've written something, that may affect the record, I point it out.

If that's not allowed, why does the board permit it?

Your silent apology is accepted.

I saw the box score, I also see that BOTH PLAYERS WERE OUTSCORED BY BOBBY PORTIS.

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/boxscore?gameId=401071449

Speaking of editing my posts, don't try to steer me down this Dunn is better than LaVine narrative, because I've already conceded that from a talent perspective, Zach is clearly the better scorer.

I have always referred to the issues with Zach as being related to chemistry and culture. The players I have compared him to most are Russell Westbrook and Carmelo Anthony: players whose statistical abilities are unquestionable, but somehow, even when surrounded by other talented players, can't turn it into W's.

Tonight's result CONFIRMS MY POINTS about the wider team:

Zach is not the only capable scorer; and
The team could have a more balanced attack if HE took less shots.

So, Dunn is not "my boy" and my preference for keeping him isn't because i think he is the superior talent. I think he is the less offensively disruptive and MORE defensively useful. He is also quite capable of generating good offense, but, again, this is not about him.

Don't try to devolve this down to simply some Dunn v. LaVine thing just because YOU only read the cliff notes and couldn't be bothered with the actual book.

Markkanen also had 30.

Zach will fetch more in a trade, and the Bulls team would have a more balanced attack if it wasn't giving up so many shots to watch Zach's acrobatics.

SensiBull
Starter

Post#175 » by SensiBull » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:21 am

Everybody wants to turn this into a 'Tastes Great/Less Filling" two-sided shouting match between Dunn and LaVine, when its much more nuanced than that.

I am aware of Dunn's shooting woes. Happens to the best of them.

SensiBull
Starter

Post#176 » by SensiBull » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:22 am

SensiBull
Starter

Post#177 » by SensiBull » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:28 am

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#178 » by MrSparkle » Sun Feb 3, 2019 4:51 am

If I recall, Pippen was a total Krause pick, as was Oakley and later the timely Cartwright swap... and the pickup of Phil Jackson as an assistant coach (who Krause scouted way back in his Dakota college days), along with Tex Winters.

Krause was a calculative genius, way ahead of his time, who mutually hit a break point with Phil and that was the dagger to his reputation. His “student became the master,” Jerry couldn’t handle it, essentially fired Phil and rest is history. But as far as all the moves after Jordan (who was already there), he aced them for an entire decade. Had Jordan been advising Jerry, there’s a chance those 90s Bulls might’ve looked more like the Wizards/Hornets than two 3-peats. :lol:
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#179 » by kyrv » Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:09 am

MrSparkle wrote:If I recall, Pippen was a total Krause pick, as was Oakley and later the timely Cartwright swap... and the pickup of Phil Jackson as an assistant coach (who Krause scouted way back in his Dakota college days), along with Tex Winters.

Krause was a calculative genius, way ahead of his time, who mutually hit a break point with Phil and that was the dagger to his reputation. His “student became the master,” Jerry couldn’t handle it, essentially fired Phil and rest is history. But as far as all the moves after Jordan (who was already there), he aced them for an entire decade. Had Jordan been advising Jerry, there’s a chance those 90s Bulls might’ve looked more like the Wizards/Hornets than two 3-peats. :lol:

Cartwright trade really p*ssed off Jordan, Oakley was his dude.

Krause also got a 3 pt shooter that they won with, Jordan was openly campaigning for a NC guy. Which, maybe that would have worked, but we know Jerry's plan worked.

Krause really got treated like crap. Phil wanted Krause's job and didn't get it. Or, I should say, he wanted the power. He didn't get it, that made Phil made. Because he tried, that made Krause mad.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#180 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Feb 3, 2019 5:12 am

I missed Jerry Krause. He was Hinke bc there was a Hinke.

I hope that we luck into such genius after this GarPax era.

Return to Chicago Bulls