Image ImageImage Image

Zach Lavine thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Re: Zach Lavine thread 

Post#121 » by dice » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:24 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
detlef_schrempf wrote:Why are you guys arguing with Dice?

Isn’t he the one who said Antonio Blakeney was just as good as Zach Lavine?

Wow, I didn't know he said that. Wait until he pulls some weird combination of stats out of his ass to try prove that to you. I am starting to believe this guy or girl is trolling us.

he's lying. as many people have resorted to doing when debating Zach lavine with me. it's a shame, 'cause detlef was on both my championship fantasy teams in the '90s

unfortunately, that's the realm that many posters here are in when discussing lavine's game - fantasy

I mention defense, I'm trolling. I mention turnovers, I'm trolling. I point out rpm or any other statistic that shows lavine has not had much impact on winning, I'm trolling. I consistently call him an excellent scorer, I'm ignored. I say excellent is not the same as elite, I'm trolling again

and then incredulous posters misrepresent my position or outright lie. rinse and repeat

I'm pretty sure that this post is the first time I've ever typed the name blakeney
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,513

Post#122 » by panthermark » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:35 pm

It wasn't Dice that made the comparison. I forgot who it was, but the poster admitted that the comparison was not a good one right after he posted it.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen an NBA player with as much tunnel vision as Black-hole-ney.
------------
Zach is fine. He made quite a leap this year. I'm very happy with his progression.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#123 » by StunnerKO » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
K4P
Assistant Coach
And1: 17,103

Post#124 » by K4P » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:36 pm

Zach isn't a perfect player, but to even insinuate trading him is a good idea is silly. Why trade Zach and draft a replacement that you'd hope becomes as good as him? Even at his worst he possess an elite skill in scoring and makes far less than the max.
patagonia
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,032

Post#125 » by patagonia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:32 pm

AKfanatic wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sitting Zach is the right move. sitting him for the remainder of the season would be a decent play. He’s shown enough this season and has improved. Let him enjoy the games from the sidelines, give Lauri and Otto more responsibility to close out the year, and see if you can get lucky enough to get solid enough performances out of Dunn without Zach on the floor to con an opposing GM into giving some value for him in the offseason.

The tank is on cruise control for the final stretch of the season.

Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Post#126 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:13 am

Let's sit Zach the rest of the year. Let Rawle play some and sign Walter Lemon to a 10 day contract and see what he has
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,077

Post#127 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 am

Knew someone would get shut down for the season. Perfect timing for the Bulls. Zach ends the season on a super high note and we aim for the 3rd slot in these last 14 games.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#128 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:00 am

I'm all for shutting him down. He has proved his worth and talent. Let's see if Markkanen, Porter and especially Dunn can step up in his absence. This also tells me LaVine is good place mentally and on the same page as management. He looked depressed a while back, but the Porter trade and all the wins that definitely boosted morale.

Also not worried about his health. That was a nasty slip he had at the end of the Detroit game. Would have hurt any one.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#129 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:Knew someone would get shut down for the season. Perfect timing for the Bulls. Zach ends the season on a super high note and we aim for the 3rd slot in these last 14 games.

Porter could get shut down too. He has looked gimpy at times. Wouldn't be surprised to see he and Lauri get some rest days.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#130 » by Ugly Duckling » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:23 am

I don't want to shut anyone down. Play on
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#131 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:I don't want to shut anyone down. Play on

So you want him to risk him a serious injury? Why? Think long term.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#132 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Why stop there? We should sit Lauri and Otto as well. Hell, every half decent player who is on a team out of the playoffs should sit. It’s ridiculous how easily these players sit these days. Not saying Zach shouldn’t sit a few games while he is injured, however, once he is no longer injured and feels good enough to play, he should.

Players used to beg to play, hide being hurt to play, play through niggling injuries for the fans. Now it’s all about conserving yourself since in the standings you have nothing to play for, don’t risk injury and God’s forbid, don’t worry about those fans who save their hard earned cash to maybe watch that one game in their life, but misses out seeing his favourite player because they aren’t in playoff contention and doesn’t warm to risk injury - that’s weak sauce in my opinion.
Why so serious?
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#133 » by MeloRoseNoah » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Why stop there? We should sit Lauri and Otto as well. Hell, every half decent player who is on a team out of the playoffs should sit. It’s ridiculous how easily these players sit these days. Not saying Zach shouldn’t sit a few games while he is injured, however, once he is no longer injured and feels good enough to play, he should.

Players used to beg to play, hide being hurt to play, play through niggling injuries for the fans. Now it’s all about conserving yourself since in the standings you have nothing to play for, don’t risk injury and God’s forbid, don’t worry about those fans who save their hard earned cash to maybe watch that one game in their life, but misses out seeing his favourite player because they aren’t in playoff contention and doesn’t warm to risk injury - that’s weak sauce in my opinion.

Weak or not. A sprain is a micro ligament tear. There is no point to risk a patella rupture here. One week of rest is sufficient time for his body to heal up.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#134 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Weak or not. A sprain is a micro ligament tear. There is no point to risk a patella rupture here. One week of rest is sufficient time for his body to heal up.

Which is what I said If he is injured he should sit until he is healed. The debate is whether he shouldn’t play the remainder of the season healthy or not, which is what I’m disagreeing with.
Why so serious?
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#135 » by madvillian » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:56 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I'd let Zach determine when he'll play and when he doesn't but I'd like to see him limited to 30 minutes a game from here on out. There's no reason to push it. Let him rest. Tendonitus is common and tendons are different than ligaments injury wise but the rest of your post is spot on.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,544

Post#136 » by dice » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:07 am

KAT4PREZ wrote:Zach isn't a perfect player, but to even insinuate trading him is a good idea is silly.

isn't it silly to pooh-pooh the idea when you don't even know what you're getting in return?
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
WindyCityBorn
RealGM

Post#137 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:43 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

He is already injured though. This isn't prevention. It's common sense. Porter is gimpy too. Give him some rest days as well. I'm throwing in the towel and management should too. If he does come back after two weeks of so minutes restriction for the rest of season.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#138 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:48 am

Agreed it not good to have defeatist attitude but it’s also reasonable to pull the plug on the season almost at any given point because it has been turbulent.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#139 » by GimmeDat » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 am

There's a legitimate injury concern here, so we should play it conservatively. We can beat out CLE for that #3 spot as well, added incentive. We know what this group is capable of healthy now, so let's not 'shut it down' but turn the dial down.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#140 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:25 am

GimmeDat wrote:There's a legitimate injury concern here, so we should play it conservatively. We can beat out CLE for that #3 spot as well, added incentive. We know what this group is capable of healthy now, so let's not 'shut it down' but turn the dial down.

My only gripe is simply shutting him down at the first sign of injury.

He is injured which is why he hasn't played the last game, and likely won't play the next few. However, if he recovers before seasons end, I don't buy into the notion that we should simply shut him down. I'd be happy if the Bulls decides to limit his minutes, but not shut him down entirely.
Why so serious?

Return to Chicago Bulls