Image ImageImage Image

Former nba player jarret jack took wendell carter to a strip club on georgia tech visit in 2017 for 300$ per espn

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Re: Former nba player jarret jack took wendell carter to a strip club on georgia tech visit in 2017 for 300$ per espn 

Post#61 » by ATRAIN53 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:04 pm

drosestruts wrote:$300!?!?!? No wonder Wendell didn't go to GT - Jack was too frugal.

Last strip club I was at was in New York - dancer asked me if I wanted to go upstairs with her, I asked her how much that was, she said $750. I just laughed and said no.

LOL

$300 is decent for like maybe a couple of hours at The Admiral or Polekatz-
speaking of which, this might help Jarret Jack out next time he's recruiting in Chicago.

Read on Twitter
Jory04
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Re: Former nba player jarret jack took wendell carter to a strip club on georgia tech visit in 2017 for 300$ per espn 

Post#62 » by Jory04 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm

dice wrote:
Jory04 wrote:
dice wrote:1) many people like what they do. or they say they do, anyway. maybe they're deluding themselves
2) i was clearly talking about sexual degradation. i don't think many people would consider what they do professionally degrading. unless it involved verbal abuse or gross underemployment

1) I have had the good fortune to get to know quite a few strippers

what a weird statement

...as an old roommate dated one for quite some time on and off, and I assure you the ones I met were a far sight more satisfied with their jobs than the coworkers I had at the time working manual labor jobs.

that may be. how much of it was the money? manual labor tends to be low pay these days

2) I do not claim to know all strippers, but the ones I did get to know were pragmatic in their views on the job. It was a series of transactions throughout the night, they viewed themselves not as degraded, but as hustlers. Their job was to extract as much money from someone as possible, and then move on to do it all over again, much like any other sales person, but their product was the illusion of being intimate with them.

i alluded to that in one of my previous posts - stripping is mutually exploitative

to reiterate, i think that stripping should be legal. so should prostitution, probably. the exact same justifications for stripping as a profession are applicable to prostitution

I should have worded that differently, I meant it to read "I have had the good fortune to get to know quite a few strippers that were incredibly good people"
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,613

Post#63 » by Betta Bulleavit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Bomba Navarro wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:yea its good to teach teen boys that women are sexual objects and encourage them to use their wealth to exploit em

Yo you really need to relax. If someone "chooses/opts" to do exotic dancing for MONEY, then that is their business. Consumers will compensate them accordingly to their duties performed just like any other job.

Yeah, sure. I can’t remember how many times I heard little girls respond to the question “What do you wanna be when you grow up?” by saying they’d really really like to be “exotic dancers”.

Jesus Christ the cynicism.

That’s because most little girls (and boys for that matter) really know what the hell they want to make of themselves when they grow up. They don’t know that until they get more in touch with their personalities. There’s no cynicism here. The vast majority of people don’t grow up to be what they planned on being. That’s just reality.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#64 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Bomba Navarro wrote:
jacoby1us wrote:
SalmonsSuperfan wrote:yea its good to teach teen boys that women are sexual objects and encourage them to use their wealth to exploit em

Yo you really need to relax. If someone "chooses/opts" to do exotic dancing for MONEY, then that is their business. Consumers will compensate them accordingly to their duties performed just like any other job.

Yeah, sure. I can’t remember how many times I heard little girls respond to the question “What do you wanna be when you grow up?” by saying they’d really really like to be “exotic dancers”.

Jesus Christ the cynicism.

Your own personal interactions with little girls are completely irrelevant to what other humans choose to do with their bodies. How is this not painfully obvious?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#65 » by musiqsoulchild » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:01 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:this is your brain on capitalism:

women’s bodies are commodities disconnected from personhood.

strip or be impoverished

y’all act like that’s a fair and reasonable dichotomy.

it’s exploitation, dudes. at its most base form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you a 100 percent. It has nothing to do with Wendell however.

Except for the fact that we are all fans of a sport that ALSO pays young men to basically use their bodies at a superhuman level.

Its modern day gladiators.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,755

Post#66 » by Jeffster81 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm

Unless the women are forced to strip against their will, nobody here has any right to judge them about how they earn.

To me, this is nothing.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#67 » by LateNight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 pm

I find it deeply unfortunate that so many people on here think being sexual / being sexualized is a form of degradation.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#68 » by Indomitable » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 pm

League Circles wrote:People not understanding that many strippers have that gangster mentality reveals a lot of naivety.

It is women need them to champion them.
:banghead:
LateNight
Starter

Post#69 » by LateNight » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 pm

I also find it sad that this is already longer than Archi and Blakeney's threads.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,231

Post#71 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm

LateNight wrote:I find it deeply unfortunate that so many people on here think being sexual / being sexualized is a form of degradation.

It’s like I’ve gone back in time, bunch of prudes here. :lol:
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#72 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:14 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:

strip or be impoverished

I agree with you a 100 percent. It has nothing to do with Wendell however.

Except for the fact that we are all fans of a sport that ALSO pays young men to basically use their bodies at a superhuman level.

Its modern day gladiators.

Oh yeah I don’t mean to be critical of WCJ. 18-year-old boys like pretty girls and probably don’t consider whether or not it’s exploitation. I don’t think I did as an 18-year-old. I do think it’s strange that pushing 40 Jarret Jack is taking teens to the strip club tho, even beyond the obvious NCAA rules violations.

LateNight
Starter

Post#73 » by LateNight » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote: I do think it’s strange that pushing 40 Jarret Jack is taking teens to the strip club tho

Well, when you put it like that...
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#74 » by Ccwatercraft » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:42 am

Grodoboldo wrote:Such a dumb subject. This is isn't even newsworthy...

Correct

However the moral outrage is entertaining, I've definitely learned a few user names that I don't want to invite for a night out.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#75 » by Clocian » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:31 am

Well then...this thread went places lol
Damn I love Hip Hop!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,580

Post#76 » by DuckIII » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:42 pm

strip or be impoverished

I’ve no doubt there are many women in this industry who are mistreated. There are also many women that find it empowering and lucrative. So I don’t know what your solution is. That all men come together to deny them a marketplace so they get more fulfilling jobs at Target?

Not many of these women are choosing between hedge fund investing and dancing. My guess is that in virtually every case it is the highest rate of earning availabkento them in their current circumstances.

Having said all that, I do find strip clubs distasteful and have only attended them in very limited circumstances and nor for decades. But my view should not be imposed on women choosing to work in that industry.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,142

Post#77 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:02 pm

DuckIII wrote:

strip or be impoverished

I’ve no doubt there are many women in this industry who are mistreated. There are also many women that find it empowering and lucrative. So I don’t know what your solution is. That all men come together to deny them a marketplace so they get more fulfilling jobs at Target?

Not many of these women are choosing between hedge fund investing and dancing. My guess is that in virtually every case it is the highest rate of earning availabkento them in their current circumstances.

Having said all that, I do find strip clubs distasteful and have only attended them in very limited circumstances and nor for decades. But my view should not be imposed on women choosing to work in that industry.

I’m sure there are women who prefer sex work (and stripping is sex work) to working at McDonald’s or being reliant upon a man’s income for their livelihood. It’s unfortunate that there are not better options for a lot of these people; not just women but also disproportionately gay men and trans folks.
There’s a reason that this line of ‘work’ is disproportionately marginalized people, from gender to race and generally low-income backgrounds. It’s sort of like young men selling drugs in Chicago. If you could make 20 bucks an hour sitting in the sun, not paying taxes, hanging with your friends, occasionally making a sale — that sounds pretty good relative to making 8.50 an hour working at the chipotle in Hyde park doesn’t it? Never mind that it opens you up to being murdered or imprisoned or addicted.

At its core, sexual acts are not commodities like basketball tickets or even like drugs. Which is why I reject the notion of regulating it or making it somehow ‘nicer’. it’s just straight up exploitation

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#78 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:24 pm

So to review, a $300 NCAA violation has turned into a thread of the morals of society at large...
NatiboyB
Rookie
And1: 389

Post#79 » by NatiboyB » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 pm

I'm just curious why people are leaving out the fact that women go to strip clubs to see women strip also and men also strip...Maybe talk to some strippers or people who used to do it and you will find out that some of them really like what they do and are quite successful. Don't place your morals upon another persons you may find out that you are just a square.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,648

Post#80 » by sco » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Wait, how did Wendell injure his thumb again?
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls