Image ImageImage Image

PG: Kings somethingsomething Bulls nothingnothing

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Re: PG: Kings somethingsomething Bulls nothingnothing 

Post#21 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:01 am

Part of me feels like Lauri might be playing hurt? Idk

Since that 4 OT Hawks game, he's not been good. So not sure if something happened to him in that game at some point. Remember how he also kind of disappeared in the OTs in that game too.

Honestly, I really hope he's not playing through some kind of injury, because that again would prove that this organization is run by a bunch of dummies.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#22 » by Jiipee84 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Lauri with 11 points in 22 minutes.
Not sure the mathematics but I’d imagine it’s not that far from his usual scoring averages.

He was 4/8 and 3 of those misses were 3 pointers.
Not sure how lauri is getting goat status for this game.

And i'm not sure who's brilliant brain-fart was compare Lauri to Dirk before 2017 NBA draft and even after that draft.
Lauri is not next Dirk and not even next Porzingis. Only what Lauri might be is next Nikola Mirotic, Channing Fry or Ryan Anderson.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#23 » by GrowingHorns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:19 am

sco wrote:The Bulls looked good to start, and then run out of gas when the bench plays. Give the Kings credit, they are clearly more talented.

Lauri isn't playing hard anymore. Maybe he's hurt, but he's routinely passing up open 3's. And he's not skying for rebounds. But he's not good.

Otto is good, but nobody looks for him like they did when he first came.

I think Zach was a little too ball hoggy.

Do you remember how we actually moved ball pretty fast around the perimeter when Dunn wasn't our primary ball handler but Zach was? Zach took care lot of the ball, and the way he's a threat from everywhere kept the defenses honest and it created open lanes to move the ball and feet. Combine this paradigm shift to the fact the season is practically over and energy levels are mentally down, and you will get lethargic games.

I don''t know how Arcie just keeps going. He's like a Duracell bunny, never gives up. He made a nice step-back three again tonight... If he starts to get them more in the air and hitting them going to the next season, it'd be cool. i also like his tear-drop shots in the paint he does from time to time. i expect him getting them more often in nowadays than not (missed a big bunch of that kind of shots last season)
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#24 » by sco » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:27 am

GrowingHorns wrote:
sco wrote:The Bulls looked good to start, and then run out of gas when the bench plays. Give the Kings credit, they are clearly more talented.

Lauri isn't playing hard anymore. Maybe he's hurt, but he's routinely passing up open 3's. And he's not skying for rebounds. But he's not good.

Do you remember how we actually moved ball pretty fast around the perimeter when Dunn wasn't our primary ball handler but Zach was? Zach took care lot of the ball, and the way he's a threat from everywhere kept the defenses honest and it created open lanes to move the ball and feet. Combine this paradigm shift to the fact the season is practically over and energy levels are mentally down, and you will get lethargic games.

I don''t know how Arcie just keeps going. He's like a Duracell bunny, never gives up. He made a nice step-back three again tonight... If he starts to get them more in the air and hitting them going to the next season, it'd be cool. i also like his tear-drop shots in the paint he does from time to time. i expect him getting them more often in nowadays than not (missed a big bunch of that kind of shots last season)

Great point about Archi. I think he is playing to make this team next season (possibly over Dunn). I think his late season resurgence has leap-frogged him over Dunn as our back-up next season.

And you are right about Zach being better at PG than Dunn.

One point I don't like about this team, and it's more a criticism of the coaching. There are guys who should be shooting every time they have an open look and they ball (who aren't - especially Lauri), and there are guys who should not be passed to with the intent that they shoot like Felicio or Harrison or TLC.
:clap:
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#25 » by Dominator83 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 am

Im all for piling up the losses, but jeez. Would like to atleast lose in fashion with Lauri and Zach playing well! When Otto first got here he was looking really good. Now hes back to being that MLE level guy that we're paying superstar $$ to. Wow does being a fan of this team suck
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,037

Post#26 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:44 am

Dominater wrote:Im all for piling up the losses, but jeez. Would like to atleast lose in fashion with Lauri and Zach playing well! When Otto first got here he was looking really good. Now hes back to being that MLE level guy that we're paying superstar $$ to. Wow does being a fan of this team suck

yep, if Otto doesn't go back to what he was those first 5-6 games, we blew it again and worsened our odds for a mediocre overpaid player....
GrowingHorns
Rookie

Post#27 » by GrowingHorns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:45 am

sco wrote:
GrowingHorns wrote:

Great point about Archi. I think he is playing to make this team next season (possibly over Dunn). I think his late season resurgence has leap-frogged him over Dunn as our back-up next season.

And you are right about Zach being better at PG than Dunn.

One point I don't like about this team, and it's more a criticism of the coaching. There are guys who should be shooting every time they have an open look and they ball (who aren't - especially Lauri), and there are guys who should not be passed to with the intent that they shoot like Felicio or Harrison or TLC.

Yep, Otto should also demand the ball more and forget just being the glue guy - he's a vet after all, he calls the ball he'll get it. Lauri should shoot much more, but he also has to stop "slinging" them in the air instead of "springing" with the whole body. It's been odd looking lately. Zach is the one who is nowadays trying to get Lauri going. Lauri had some space in one point to make a move and passed it to Zach, who quite frankly usually does damage (there was enough space behind defender to make a drive and enough to shoot a three. Zach looks at Lauri, passes back like "no, you go". He did drive ending up finishing it strong. Zach also understands how he can't do it all to stay healthy, and more than that, seems to nowadays more and more frequently look after other starters to get them looks. He's come far away from last season and is starting to learn to play with guys pretty well. Jimbo gave some praising words about him before the match that I can back up that.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#28 » by MeloRoseNoah » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 am

I want Kris Dumb to be cut after this offseason. DGAF about his guaranteed contract. He's done as a Chicago Bulls.
GrowingHorns
Rookie

Post#29 » by GrowingHorns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 am

One thing that comes to my mind is also that Boylen might be running experiments.

He started his tenure slowing it down. then we got back to more pace and space. February was all about Zach and Lauri doing the thing...

So maybe... Games like this, where it's pretty much been RoLo-centric offense with some Dunn and Zach ISO''s is a part of the process. Partly it''s of course because Lauri seems tired and in-confident about his game at the time, but it might be also that RoLo is wanted to stay with us, and maybe even Dunn, so it'd make sense to try these out more. They are, at least RoLo is, at this point thought to run the bench mob next season, if price will come right.

But as it with all our injuries, they couldn't run real game simulations with RoLo and Dunn, if they wouldn't start these games. There would be no spacing enough to see how in the world it could work at all. It also makes RoLo happy he's the focal point in the offense and might improve our chances to sign him on more team-friendly contract than not, as we take a look how we could use him the best if he stays around. With Z3l, Hutch and off-season acquisitions, bench unit with RoLo as a moderately high-usage back up isn't looking awful option at all 'Dell is going to start, but as he got so few games after all, it's still a learning season for him and there should be 15-20 minutes for RoLo available).

Then again - would Boylen tell us or not, if these are experiments or not, or are these only my speculations, is a whole another thing. But hey i'm having a bad flu, can't get a sleep and I am bored so i'm just rambling my thoughts on the screen.
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#30 » by Shill » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 am

Lauri needs to get in the weight room and get stronger in his base.

When a guard gets switched into him, he shouldn’t be passing back out or settling for an awkward fade-away jumper.

He needs to look to score or draw a double team.

His skill set is so obvious. He’s not yet a finished product.

He made a nice move in the Clippers game that went unnoticed.

He did a crossover between his legs to his left hand and tried to dunk on Zubac with his left. He ended up drawing a foul.

He needs to show more aggressiveness like that.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#31 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:06 am

The bulls have lost 7 of 8.
The goodwill is more than drying up for a suppposed turnaround.
Trying to maintain a positive attitude overall though but yeah , zach’s Play appears to be the only positive.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#32 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:16 am

Basically my only disappointment is that this team doesn’t appear to be firing on all cylinders like earlier before.

That’s were the disappointment lies, not in the end result. For example , the Kings didn’t have to play a 48 minute game tonight, in some ways, that’s unacceptable.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#33 » by ZOMG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:51 am

It's MIND BOGGLING that this whole thread has been about Lauri Markkanen. I mean... what? Talk about scapegoating. He didn't even play much and was a non-factor like every Bulls player. But at least he had plays where he went hard to the basket.

The team is playing absolutely horrible basketball. THAT's the deal here. That's on the coach. Instead of forcing a return to the multi ball handler February style, Boylen is letting Kris Dunn dictate the pace and set the tone out there and it's showing. Bulls**t offense, bulls**t defense.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,037

Post#34 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 am

Gonna be dope to have Chandler, Denzel & Wendell back next season....

These G Leaguers need to go back......
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#35 » by mtron32 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:14 am

Shill wrote:Lauri needs to get in the weight room and get stronger in his base.

When a guard gets switched into him, he shouldn’t be passing back out or settling for an awkward fade-away jumper.

He needs to look to score or draw a double team.

His skill set is so obvious. He’s not yet a finished product.

He made a nice move in the Clippers game that went unnoticed.

He did a crossover between his legs to his left hand and tried to dunk on Zubac with his left. He ended up drawing a foul.

He needs to show more aggressiveness like that.

Preach it brother Shill. We’ve seen what Lauri can do and I’m eager to witness it next season, for now he’s already shown me what I need to see. Like everyone’s been sayin he needs to build strength so he has some confidence in the post, not necessarily bulk in size mainly strength.

The potential is there, he just needs to be able to endure a season. I’m A Okay with him sucking the rest of the season
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#36 » by Louri » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:14 am

Team is not moving the ball. Players are not moving off ball. That’s it. Lauri and Otto can’t play isolation yet and they need team to move ball and get their defenders off their feets to ger advance. It was totally different in february and you saw results. Dunn has to go. If not, then I hope that Lauri will change team as soon as possible.
"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#37 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 am

Louri wrote:Team is not moving the ball. Players are not moving off ball. That’s it. Lauri and Otto can’t play isolation yet and they need team to move ball and get their defenders off their feets to ger advance. It was totally different in february and you saw results. Dunn has to go. If not, then I hope that Lauri will change team as soon as possible.

Some of the bulls best highlight plays come off a Dunn assist.
Like 1 of lauri’s slams in this game.
Would leave Dunn alone because he isn’t really hindering lauri much.
Lauri was efficient today but has struggled with’open’ shots. Dunn has nothing to do with that.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#38 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:33 am

Not sure the mathematics but I’d imagine it’s not that far from his usual scoring averages.

It's not just his scoring people are concern about. If you saw the game and not just the box score you would understand. He has literally fallen of a cliff as a player.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#39 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:41 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:

It's not just his scoring people are concern about. If you saw the game and not just the box score you would understand. He has literally fallen of a cliff as a player.

My perspective is from seeing the game.
Lauri has had a bad stretch but it has barely put a dent into his season stats other than than the dip in PER.

Lauri was on his way to a bounce back scoring game but was NERFED by minutes.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#40 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:52 am

ZOMG wrote:It's MIND BOGGLING that this whole thread has been about Lauri Markkanen. I mean... what? Talk about scapegoating. He didn't even play much and was a non-factor like every Bulls player. But at least he had plays where he went hard to the basket.

The team is playing absolutely horrible basketball. THAT's the deal here. That's on the coach. Instead of forcing a return to the multi ball handler February style, Boylen is letting Kris Dunn dictate the pace and set the tone out there and it's showing. Bulls**t offense, bulls**t defense.

We were winning and being competitive on the backs of LaVine, Markkanen and Porter playing like all-stars. We looked like we had a future. That optimism is being destroyed and Lauri is the main reason why. This is not so much ranting that he sucks, but more so the realization that this rebuild might not be any where near as close to complete as we have recently thought. We NEED Markkanen to be an all-star player. He looked like one for about 12 games. Now he doesn't at all. Reminds of Niko's hot stretches. I'm very concerned. He has talent, but that doesn't mean **** if you are going disappear for long stretches. Inconsistent play I can understand. Prolonged sub-par is scary.

At this point I see nothing from him on nightly basis that give me any reason to believe he will turn it around this season. Hell the main reason I wasn't concerned about Zion is because I though we already had an elite talent at PF. Now I'm not so sure. He'll only be 22 next season so not time to panic, but I am no longer comfortable saying we will be a playoff team next season any more. Let's hope he can finish this season on a positive note.

Return to Chicago Bulls