Image ImageImage Image

PG: Kings somethingsomething Bulls nothingnothing

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Re: PG: Kings somethingsomething Bulls nothingnothing 

Post#61 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:16 pm

No reason not to play Dunn now. Eleven games left in the season, you know what you have with Arci and Shaq, and the won-loss record doesn't much matter. I guess we could try more of the Zach as PG thing, but my guess is that management doesn't think that will be its 2019-2020 plan, so why bother doing that?
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#62 » by ZOMG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Ice Man wrote:No reason not to play Dunn now. Eleven games left in the season, you know what you have with Arci and Shaq, and the won-loss record doesn't much matter. I guess we could try more of the Zach as PG thing, but my guess is that management doesn't think that will be its 2019-2020 plan, so why bother doing that?

Kris Dunn - the only player in the NBA who you simply can't move to the bench because... well, something something.

Never seen anything like it.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#63 » by PaKii94 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:40 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:Mirotic had a month where he looked like an All-star in March couple years ago. He was one of the best players in the league. Sometimes you get hot. Before Jan 27 Lauri had seven games with 5 rebounds or less and only five games with 10+. 4 games with 6, 3 with 7, 2 with 8, 2 with 9.

He's not a guy with a consistent rebounding motor and we knew that when he was coming out. Obviously he has rebounding potential. Hopefully he becomes more consistent because he can be pretty damn good

Niko had maybe 10 games where he looked like an allstar. That was due to inflated efficiency. Lauri did 21/10 for a solid 2 months (30 games). Even last year he was at 9 rpg (p36). His recent bad stretch (5 games) he's at 5.6 rpg. There is definitely something different going on and not just "lack of motor"
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#64 » by PaKii94 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:48 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Ice Man wrote:No reason not to play Dunn now. Eleven games left in the season, you know what you have with Arci and Shaq, and the won-loss record doesn't much matter. I guess we could try more of the Zach as PG thing, but my guess is that management doesn't think that will be its 2019-2020 plan, so why bother doing that?

Kris Dunn - the only player in the NBA who you simply can't move to the bench because... well, something something.

Never seen anything like it.

The fact that Dunn is still starting confirms to me that the team's MO right now is to tank. A side effect could be maybe jump starting Dunn's confidence again. The rest of the team doesn't seem to care too much about that.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#65 » by Ice Man » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:43 pm

ZOMG wrote:Kris Dunn - the only player in the NBA who you simply can't move to the bench because... well, something something.

You could start Arci, I suppose. At any rate, it seems that the FO have decided to evaluate Dunn for this season, so that's what they're going to do.
wolffy
Rookie
And1: 620

Post#66 » by wolffy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Ice Man wrote:
ZOMG wrote:Kris Dunn - the only player in the NBA who you simply can't move to the bench because... well, something something.

You could start Arci, I suppose. At any rate, it seems that the FO have decided to evaluate Dunn for this season, so that's what they're going to do.

We might as well ride it out but the verdicts in and, sadly hes not very good.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#67 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:I want Kris Dumb to be cut after this offseason. DGAF about his guaranteed contract. He's done as a Chicago Bulls.

That's why your not managing anything or even yourself. Dunn has been playing well lately. Sorry to burst your bubble but he's coming back next season. It's typical bulls fan behavior to dismiss a struggling player who is very young himself.

It's time for him to play and see where he's best suited for next season. Nobody cares about your one sided opinion. Dunn has had games when he was the best player on the court plenty of times.

Hes definitely playing with more guts then markkanen right now. And wasn't Dunn fighting off injuries also is is looking like he's starting to get back into form. Everytime a player looks awful doesn't mean you get rid of them. You find out what he can do and hes shown to still be there best assist guy and steals leader. He not forcing anything. And can score if needed.

Archie has it good seeing he's using a lot of Dunn moves. Its funny how teammates help each other and fans only see the bad in a player they hate. I've seen you hate on him long enough. It's annoying
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#68 » by League Circles » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:30 pm

I go down with the Kris Dunn ship if I were Boylem. I like Archie but we really need to make every possible effort to see if Kris Dunn can be salvaged as a significant contributor for this team.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#69 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Dunn might start next season as well. Ppl don't understand basketball very well. There not building around kris Dunn. There so called future star is playing like a WNBA player.

Dunn is playing bad here and there. If you want to see bad look at Lauri lately. Dunn needs to play more. There evaluating him specifically.

I sometimes think this board is on some mentality development program. He's loved by his teammates and front office.

They want him to succeed so he's given a chance. We all know he's athletic and does try on defense. He's a 5th round pick. Point guard is the hardest position. He's very raw. Never had a vet pg to learn from. Some of y'all oughta be embarrassed by the remarks you make. He's played dominate in games from last season to this one.

Imagine laugh when we get a vet pg and Dunn over jumps him. Dunn isnt the issue. It starts with the coach and your best players have to show life. Nit picking on one young player is crazy.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by ZOMG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 pm

League Circles wrote:I go down with the Kris Dunn ship if I were Boylem. I like Archie but we really need to make every possible effort to see if Kris Dunn can be salvaged as a significant contributor for this team.

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#71 » by League Circles » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm

ZOMG wrote:
League Circles wrote:I go down with the Kris Dunn ship if I were Boylem. I like Archie but we really need to make every possible effort to see if Kris Dunn can be salvaged as a significant contributor for this team.

Your post sucks because you couldn't even be bothered to identify what part of it begs the need for Ryan Reynolds.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#72 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:30 pm

If Kris Dunn is our starting PG next season then we aren't trying to win.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by ZOMG » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:36 pm

League Circles wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Your post sucks because you couldn't even be bothered to identify what part of it begs the need for Ryan Reynolds.

I suggested long ago that Dunn should be removed from the starting lineup to see if he has any worth as a microwave scorer in the 2nd unit.

However, I suspect that's not the kind of "every possible effort" you're talking about.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#74 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:Dunn might start next season as well. Ppl don't understand basketball very well. There not building around kris Dunn. There so called future star is playing like a WNBA player.

Dunn is playing bad here and there. If you want to see bad look at Lauri lately. Dunn needs to play more. There evaluating him specifically.

I sometimes think this board is on some mentality development program. He's loved by his teammates and front office.

They want him to succeed so he's given a chance. We all know he's athletic and does try on defense. He's a 5th round pick. Point guard is the hardest position. He's very raw. Never had a vet pg to learn from. Some of y'all oughta be embarrassed by the remarks you make. He's played dominate in games from last season to this one.

Imagine laugh when we get a vet pg and Dunn over jumps him. Dunn isnt the issue. It starts with the coach and your best players have to show life. Nit picking on one young player is crazy.

Kris is 25 years old and a bottom 5 starting point guard. He sucks. He get destroyed by 20 year olds like Trae Young and Fox on a regular basis. His ceiling is situational bench player. He doesn't even play hard on defense every night any more.

Dunn absolutely is the issue. Time to take off the fan blinders. He can't shoot, he can't put pressure on a defense, he doesn't draw fouls and doesn't make his teammates better. It's OK to let go. :-?
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#75 » by PaKii94 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:52 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:Dunn might start next season as well. Ppl don't understand basketball very well. There not building around kris Dunn. There so called future star is playing like a WNBA player.

Kris is 25 years old and a bottom 5 starting point guard. He sucks. He get destroyed by 20 year olds like Trae Young and Fox on a regular basis. His ceiling is situational bench player. He doesn't even play hard on defense every night any more.

Dunn absolutely is the issue. Time to take off the fan blinders. He can't shoot, he can't put pressure on a defense, he doesn't draw fouls and doesn't make his teammates better. It's OK to let go. :-?

He's been playing bad period. Even his "dominant" games from last year were "meh" when evaluated against top PGs. The hope was he would build on that to be good to great this year. Unfortunately he hasn't...
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#76 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:30 am

In defense of Dunn, the issue with pulling Dunn is that FO veered the direction of their development.

The reason why you don’t just dump Dunn is because:
During an offseason a player trains. Once you change the system on him mid season you can not expect him to veer from his off training to accommodate /adjust to current team climate. (Dumpster fire)

Basically I’ve tried to defend kris. Now the reason is really transparent, hopefully it can resonate to some ppl to stop scapegoating kris.

Return to Chicago Bulls