Image ImageImage Image

Would you offer Dunn any kind of extension?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,149

Would you offer Dunn any kind of extension? 

Post#1 » by League Circles » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:22 pm

None of us are that high on him anymore, and while I'm higher than most on him and still think he has a chance to be a long term starter for us, I'm a cap space preservationist. I would consider offering something that has a high chance of being a value contract. Something like 4 years, 30 million max. That's maybe 6-7 million in first year money. That's well under MLE money. I doubt he'd take it, but possibly worth considering to at least offer.

Thoughts?
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,398

Re: Would you offer Dunn any kind of extension? 

Post#2 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:27 pm

Don't want him.

I'd let him leave.
RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,403

Post#3 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 pm

No. I'd prefer him off the team.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,817

Post#4 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:41 pm

If he is willing to sign for less than Felicio, then I'd mull it over. Say in the 5-6 million per ball range, he could be worth the price as a backup point guard. But the timing is off. If we surprise next season, I'd like the Bulls to have enough cap space in hopes to sign a marquee free agent.
Why so serious?
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#5 » by Dieselbound&Down » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 pm

for 4 and 30 he would be a great deal in my opinion. It's worth offering him. I think he would be a fantastic back up on that money and could maybe grow into a low end starting caliber player with a little maturity.

Off the bench they could tell him to emphasize defense for the bursts he's on the floor, it doesn't matter as much if he runs hot and cold with his play and decision making, and there wouldn't have to be reliance on him to be a facilitator.

I'm not super high on him, he is pretty replaceable, but if you can get him on a decent contract he is young and could be a really nice bench piece. If you haven't noticed, and judging by the attention paid to the Bulls you haven't, their bench really stinks. Guys like Dunn are what make a bench good with the kicker that he might be good enough to be decent starting cover.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#6 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 pm

The abridged version of my thoughts:
While kris deserves the benefit of the doubt the bulls shouldn’t project him to be a starter.
You wouldn’t be extending bench players
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#7 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 pm

You picked a really bad day to ask this question because I thought he looked pretty damn good in the last game.

The good news is that I don't expect us to offer him an early extension so we have a full season coming up where we can evaluate him before making that decision.

That means it's a coin toss between no offer at all and somewhere between 6 to 12 million a year.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#8 » by donaldtrump_00 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:08 pm

The delusional bulls fans want Steph Curry. Maybe he's available in the draft. Im Thinking like the typical fan on here. We need a better pg that can score, pass, defend, rebound, doesn't matter who it is just not Dunn. He only does all those things. I'm happy gar and Paxson are here because if they listened to this crap they would be searching for a pgs for the 20 years
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#9 » by HomoSapien » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:15 pm

I would consider it for that type of money, but it shouldn't be a priority or anything. I think he could be a good bench player, but think we need someone better as a starter.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MetalFingaz
Starter
And1: 2,800

Post#10 » by MetalFingaz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 pm

I don't think Dunn is, currently, an above average backup PG. I'd take him at $5-6m/yr.
It's time for 5 refs.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#11 » by Dominator83 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:The delusional bulls fans want Steph Curry. Maybe he's available in the draft. Im Thinking like the typical fan on here. We need a better pg that can score, pass, defend, rebound, doesn't matter who it is just not Dunn. He only does all those things. I'm happy gar and Paxson are here because if they listened to this crap they would be searching for a pgs for the 20 years

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Paxson already basically said we need to find a long term starting PG when he made the "we're set 2-5" comment after the Porter trade
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
TimHonks
Senior
And1: 293

Post#12 » by TimHonks » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Depends on who we draft. If we draft a PG (obviously hoping for Ja), I want a veteran pg to pair with him.

If we pursue a Fa pg I wouldn’t hate Dunn as a backup on a reasonable contract. I was a big fan last year and he has lost my full support this year, but I think he is better than he has been playing and might play better off the bench.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,777

Post#13 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:52 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:The delusional bulls fans want Steph Curry. Maybe he's available in the draft. Im Thinking like the typical fan on here. We need a better pg that can score, pass, defend, rebound, doesn't matter who it is just not Dunn. He only does all those things. I'm happy gar and Paxson are here because if they listened to this crap they would be searching for a pgs for the 20 years

Dunn is a bottom 5 starting PG at 25 years old. We don't need Curry, but we need it to do a lot better than that.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#14 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:24 am

If he takes 5 year deal for his current rookie salary, I would maybe think about it. Otherwise I am more than happy see him leave.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#15 » by panthermark » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:29 am

Unless he was unrealistically dirt cheap....NO....
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#16 » by Proven_Winner » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:32 am

I definitely wouldn’t mind him off the bench and trying to find him a PG/SG role. It’s just about how much we’re paying him that’ll deter me. Part of me wants to give up on Kris but he does have something about him he just can’t consistently put together.

In a perfect world I’d be down for having a morant/Dunn/Conley lineup. Get your veteran who’s actually still really good and fits the team while having him mentor ja and Dunn. Unrealistic I know but crazier things have happened.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#17 » by panthermark » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:33 am

I don't remember anyway saying they wanted Curry. "Reductio ad absurdum"

Next time, do better...be better...
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,374

Post#18 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:41 am

Not for what I expect him to want. I'd be fine having him around for $4M as a backup, but I doubt he's ready to settle for that, though I don't know what he can command in this market.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#19 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:53 am

no im sorry, im done with dunn. he is not a quality starting pg , at least not enough to compete with the top pgs in the league. the goal is to be very competitive and hopefully be elite enough where we can at least be mentioned in the top half of the east. at best at this point he is a quality guy off the bench. he will give you a great game at best once a month. this is not quality enough to pay him to start here. starting caliber players need to produce a great game at least once a week. or once every 3 to 4 games.

he also has struggled to define his role which is a problem. he is still saying he needs the ball in his hands to be effective but he is on the floor with 3 guys who are just clearly better than him. he should have just became a knock down 3pt shooter that defends on a elite level. he has be subpar in both of those areas. he is not good enough to turn the team over to him. his level player, you get in where you fit in and contribute where you can. he has not done that.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#20 » by TheStig » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:18 am

No thanks. Let's get Ja Morant.

Return to Chicago Bulls