Image ImageImage Image

(Optimistically) Best Case Offseason Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Re: (Optimistically) Best Case Offseason Discussion 

Post#21 » by League Circles » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:I know it's supposed to be optimistic, but I really doubt anyone is taking Felicio for the chance to get Dunn, Valentine or Hutch. That's not enticing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agreed. Valentine is def a bad contract now amd nobody cares aboit hutchison. Dunn is a slightly positive contract due to some remaining potential, but not nearly enough to offset the others.

What is slightly more possible is taking on a huge salary player in trade for that package (with the extra eating up all our cap space). Like Chris Paul, Mike Conley etc.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Nikola
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#22 » by Nikola » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Dunn, Felicio, Val, Hutch, $, cap - MEM- Conley
Draft Zion
Sign Rose MLE, Gibson remaining cap
Deng min, Noah LLE

Markannen / Gibson / Deng
Zion / PorterJr / Seldon Jr.
Carter Jr. / Noah / 2rdp
Lavine / Rose / Harrison
Conley / Lemon Jr / Arci
Scalaboner
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#23 » by Scalaboner » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:36 pm

Jerry Reinsdorf wakes up one morning in May or June and decides he no longer wants to own the team. He places it for sale and it sells within a week. Then, the new owner fires GarPax and the true rebuild can begin. This, and we land the first or second pick in the draft. Oh, and then AD comes out and says he only wants to be traded to the Bulls. That’s my optimistic, best case offseason scenario.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,120

Post#24 » by patryk7754 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Trade Dunn, Valentine, Hutchinson, Carter Jr, 2020 first and 2022 first for Anthony Davis

Draft Zion number one (Reddish if we stay at 4)
Draft Kevin Porter Jr in the second

Sign Rose to 1yr/5mill
Sign Bojan Bogdanovic to 3/33
Sign Taj Gibson to vet min
Sign JaVale McGee to vet min

Rose/Blakeney/Kevin Porter JR
Lavine/Bojan
Zion/Porter Jr
Mark/Taj/Felicio
Davis/McGee
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#25 » by PaKii94 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:38 pm

Send out picks/WCJ for AD (including dumps for Felicio/Dunn). Sign Rose/Rondo/Deng/Noah. Sign another vet big. Rebuild complete :D

Rondo/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/AD
Rose/Val/Hutch/Vet Big/Noah
Archi/Shaq/Deng

Obviously this is with a commitment from AD. Year 2 is when you can add more bench pieces.
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#26 » by PaKii94 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Actually thinking about it. If we got AD, we could probably get Cousins for cheap now as a prove your worth offer. They were buddies on the pelicans
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#27 » by MGB8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:25 pm

I feel like Zion is asking too much, so my optimist best case would be #2 and Morant. BPA on the 2nd rounder - can't really speculate - too much flux in this draft.

At that point, I'd:

(1) sign Patrick Beverly to be the caretaker point guard while Morant gets ready;
(2) after Kemba walks, trade Dunn, Felicio and Valentine and/or Blakeny to the Hornets for Marvin Williams (expiring after he picks up his player option) and Willy Hernangomez - bam, you've got some depth at the 4 and 5.
(3) do the best you can can figuring out which of the many fringe NBA-player wings the Bulls have had on the team this season should be kept for depth behind LaVine and Porter.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,415

Post#28 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:59 pm

The optimistic best case is definitely Zion and Kemba.

Aside from that, I'd be aggressive in going after Beverly. He would provide a lot of stability and I think make everyone in that starting unit look better.

I'd draft Morant at #2, but otherwise, there are going to be a lot of serviceable options in free agency, it would appear. Outside of a best-case scenario, my priorities would be replacing Dunn (at least as a starter) and acquiring some good bench pieces. I have heard a lot of speculation of bringing in someone to "compete" with Dunn and I am not in favor. I think at this point we know he's best suited as a reserve, and I'd prefer a clear-cut starting PG option.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#29 » by Shootdabull » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Well since we are dreaming I am going big. We win the lottery and select zion, AD decides he wants to come home and forces a trade here - we trade zach, porter,felicio first round 2020 & 2022 for AD & Holiday. KD decides he wants to come an play for bulls to cement his legacy. We roll out holiday, kd, zion, mark, ad to start the season. Either that or we get lucky and Barrett falls to us at number 4.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#30 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:I know it's supposed to be optimistic, but I really doubt anyone is taking Felicio for the chance to get Dunn, Valentine or Hutch. That's not enticing.

How many years are left on Felicio's deal? I'm guessing 2?

Best case is that you hope he somehow improves over the Summer, even if it's just a baby jump hook.
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,660

Post#31 » by sco » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 pm

d boy gentleman wrote:

Best case is that you hope he somehow improves over the Summer, even if it's just a baby jump hook.

Yes, 2, but it was a decining deal so it's $8.1M and $7.5M. IMO, Felicio is already skilled enough to be a decent back-up, BUT, he's just too fat and slow and ground-bound. If you hope for anything, hope he loses 30 lbs.
:clap:
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,312

Post#32 » by d boy gentleman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm

sco wrote:
d boy gentleman wrote:

Yes, 2, but it was a decining deal so it's $8.1M and $7.5M. IMO, Felicio is already skilled enough to be a decent back-up, BUT, he's just too fat and slow and ground-bound. If you hope for anything, hope he loses 30 lbs.

Being realistic, you hope for 15 the most. 30 is too drastic of a loss. The weight loss won't help his vertical either
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#33 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:13 pm

Trade Dunn + Felicio + Valentine + #4 for Mike Conley.

Make playoffs.

Conley
Lavine
Otto
Lauri
Wendell
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,316

Post#34 » by coldfish » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Optimistically? Best scenario?

Bulls win lottery, draft Zion.
Lillard says "F this, I want a big market and a big Zion. I want out now!""
Bulls trade Markannen, Felicio, Dunn, picks and capspace for Lillard.

Lillard
Lavine
Otto
Zion
Wendell
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Post#35 » by dice » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Scalaboner wrote:Jerry Reinsdorf wakes up one morning in May or June and decides he no longer wants to own the team. He places it for sale and it sells within a week. Then, the new owner fires GarPax and the true rebuild can begin. This, and we land the first or second pick in the draft. Oh, and then AD comes out and says he only wants to be traded to the Bulls. That’s my optimistic, best case offseason scenario.

reinsdorf has a majority stake in the bulls, but he is not the sole owner. I'm not sure whether he can unilaterally sell and turn operational control over to an outside buyer, which would likely have to happen in order for genuine change to occur. but given that his son is so involved now, it seems like a longshot that the bulls will be run by anyone outside the reinsdorf family in the near future
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,560

Post#36 » by Dominator83 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 pm

1. get the #1 pick
2. get the #2 pick
3. if none of the above, attempt to package the pick, WCJ, 2020 1st for AD
4. if none of the above, forfeit the season
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#37 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 pm

We don't need to offload Felicio. He will actually have value as an expiring after one more season.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#38 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:40 pm

Mr Funk wrote:New ownership
GarPax fired
Thibs, Jimmy, Rose, Taj, Noah and Deng return
Zion

That would suck.
Davell
Junior
And1: 242

Post#39 » by Davell » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:51 am

Zion, find a way to get Thybulle later in the 1st. Sign Beverley, bring back Taj and Lopez.

1- Beverley, Lemon or Arcidiacano
2- LaVine, Thybulle
3- Zion, Otto
4- Lauri, Taj
5- WCJ, Lopez
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#40 » by samwana » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:50 am

Dominater wrote:1. get the #1 pick
2. get the #2 pick
3. if none of the above, attempt to package the pick, WCJ, 2020 1st for AD
4. if none of the above, forfeit the season

I literally laughed out loud, thanks for waking me up!

Return to Chicago Bulls