Image ImageImage Image

How many wins this year?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: How many wins this year? 

Post#21 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am

Instead you should pull up the preseason predictions and polls from this past season. Or some of the threads full of posts about how "Vegas was giving away free money setting the over/under at 27.5-28 wins for this team". "Take the over" said so many. Lol. Hell, Mark Shanowski wrote a whole article about how "everyone should go out and bet the over and how it was practically guaranteed "free money". " "No way can this team not win more games than last years".

I remember warning anyone who believed that nonsense. Hope you listened.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#22 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Beans wrote:
dougthonus wrote:I thought the Bulls could win 40 last year. After this year's pathetic showing, I can't say I believe in anything going on with the team right now.

True, but LY had alot of very bad negatives: massive downtime of injuries, Parker and Payne playing alot (oncourt) and hurting morale, (offcourt) big disruptions with big trade and also Coaching change, Coach startup disaster, Dunn failure, purposeful tanking.

Hopefully none of those will repeat, and hopefully few others pop up, but you're right: who knows.

Hope you are right that it was all situational, but I fear that really the guys we have simply aren't that good. We are actually near the peak of what this rebuild will have in terms of talent without gutting it and starting over again. By acquiring Porter, the Bulls now have 18 million of cap room (pending which pick they get) before being capped out.

That means we can't actually add a whole lot more talent to this group via means other than getting lucky (winning lottery, fleecing someone in a trade, signing guys whom vastly out perform their contracts, etc..)
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,549

Post#23 » by PaKii94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:20 pm

Beans wrote:
dougthonus wrote:I thought the Bulls could win 40 last year. After this year's pathetic showing, I can't say I believe in anything going on with the team right now.

True, but LY had alot of very bad negatives: massive downtime of injuries, Parker and Payne playing alot (oncourt) and hurting morale, (offcourt) big disruptions with big trade and also Coaching change, Coach startup disaster, Dunn failure, purposeful tanking.

Hopefully none of those will repeat, and hopefully few others pop up, but you're right: who knows.

Wow I completely forgot Payne played for us this year.... his era was so traumatic I have it blanked from my memory

johnnyvann840 wrote:Instead you should pull up the preseason predictions and polls from this past season. Or some of the threads full of posts about how "Vegas was giving away free money setting the over/under at 27.5-28 wins for this team". "Take the over" said so many. Lol. Hell, Mark Shanowski wrote a whole article about how "everyone should go out and bet the over and how it was practically guaranteed "free money". " "No way can this team not win more games than last years".

Well a lot of it could be attributed towards injury and then focus on the tank. While our talent wasn't top tier, it wasn't gutter either. The injuries made the bench really weak... and then you had the games at the end we lost before they even started
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#24 » by jacoby1us » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:26 pm

Can’t predict wins/losses this early for next season. We need to see what the roster and coaching staff will look like.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#25 » by Ccwatercraft » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm

35 wins, book it.

I'll be in vegas for summer league, iI guess I should place an exacta bet.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,084

Post#26 » by MrSparkle » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:19 pm

I'll be honest - I'd rather we not spend all the cap on guys like RoLo (resign), Brogdon and prime vets.

Even if they get Zion, I'd rather they patiently grow the roster and organically add 1 more lottery talent next year. Doesn't have to be a total tank job, but I don't want this team shooting for a 44-win season.

Unfortunately I think Pax really wants that playoff berth. And that's not hard to do when you have about $20m in cap and a decent starting line-up in this weak as hell eastern conference.

Don't get me wrong, I'd throw a long-shot pitch at Kawhi and Durant... but otherwise I'm saving that money. Maybe a 1y for Rose, Rubio or Dragic. Definitely don't think Brogdon is the wise route.

Might consider D. Russell if BRK has other plans. Not on a max though, but a reasonable 4y with player option ($80m let's say). I think PHX will throw a max at him.

Ironic saying it, but Rose on a 1y overpay ($12m let's say) would make a lot of season for everybody. Maybe he could mentor Dunn into something. He can co-exist with other PGs. The city will embrace him. He's not gonna win a ton of games. Doesn't mind the bench.
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#27 » by PlayerUp » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm

22-34 as currently constructed.

Landing Zion and a solid PG via trade/free agency would completely change that.
GrowingHorns
Rookie
And1: 612

Post#28 » by GrowingHorns » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 am

With our current roster being healthy it's anywhere around 30-45, but our roster will look different in few months so basically i could draw some tarot cards and go wild.
aguifs
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,436

Post#29 » by aguifs » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:25 am

25 to 30. We're lottery bound again
#FIREAKME #BOYCOTTABULL #REINSDORKSELLTHEFRANCHISE
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#30 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:28 am

I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#31 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:31 am

PaKii94 wrote:
Beans wrote:

Wow I completely forgot Payne played for us this year.... his era was so traumatic I have it blanked from my memory

johnnyvann840 wrote:Instead you should pull up the preseason predictions and polls from this past season. Or some of the threads full of posts about how "Vegas was giving away free money setting the over/under at 27.5-28 wins for this team". "Take the over" said so many. Lol. Hell, Mark Shanowski wrote a whole article about how "everyone should go out and bet the over and how it was practically guaranteed "free money". " "No way can this team not win more games than last years".

Well a lot of it could be attributed towards injury and then focus on the tank. While our talent wasn't top tier, it wasn't gutter either. The injuries made the bench really weak... and then you had the games at the end we lost before they even started

Yeah, the injury profile of the team was all part of it. I even said that it was a big factor. Always is. The "focus on the tank" was a bunch of crap and a BS excuse. This FO, and a lot of posters here, honestly thought we had a team that would compete for the playoffs.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,598

Post#32 » by Jimako10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:08 am

Butler to Miami, another team that will fight for a playoff spot.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#33 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:09 am

It's early days yet, let's see how the rest of the free agency period pans out.

I like the direction of the team thus far, but one of WCJ, Lauri, Lavine or White really need to make a huge step this upcoming season or we will still be a lottery team.
Why so serious?
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 928

Post#34 » by burlydee » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:17 am

This looks like a classic 29-38 win team. I know that is a large range. On the high side they are a team that frustrates lower playoff teams but can't really compete against the top teams. On the low end an injury too Lavine or Porter knocks them back significantly and they never improve defensively and end the season better than the teams that are outright tanking.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,598

Post#35 » by Jimako10 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:46 am

30-35 wins. The only teams that I'm confident are worse are CHA, NYK, CLE, WAS in the East. I see them around the DET/ORL/ATL/MIA tier.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,059

Post#36 » by jordanwilliams6 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:52 am

I'm optimistic about the growth in this team. I mean, all of our core pieces (besides Otto) are not finished products yet.

If we have a good run with injury, and adding key bench pieces in Valentine & Young, then i can see 40-45 wins this year.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,519

Post#37 » by panthermark » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:57 am

We still have $10M in cap space the the RMLE.....I guess it depends on who we land, but this looks like a 35 win team right now.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,267

Post#38 » by kodo » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:07 am

Around 35 if healthy...which has never been the case for Chicago.
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#39 » by Alcatraz17 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:08 am

45 wins :D
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#40 » by keloms » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:10 am

Factoring in the typical yearly big injury they suffer this year probably wont be much different than another lottery year in the 25-30 range.

Return to Chicago Bulls