Image ImageImage Image

How many wins this year?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Re: How many wins this year? 

Post#41 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:15 am

Probably ahead of NY, Cleveland, Washington, and Charlotte at this point so that's square in the mid 30s. Upper 30s would be a "lot breaks right" type of year and mid 20s is the "everything went wrong" type year. So basically last year's Magic squad is the best case but I think you're more last year T'Wolves if you want a comp.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,755

Post#42 » by Jcool0 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:17 am

RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,597

Post#43 » by RastaBull » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:25 am

Jimako10 wrote:30-35 wins. The only teams that I'm confident are worse are CHA, NYK, CLE, WAS in the East. I see them around the DET/ORL/ATL/MIA tier.

Miami just got Butler ... so long as health ain't a dramatic issue TOR/MIL/PHI/IND/BOS/BKL/MIA seem 7 sure playoff teams with a BIG gap after that (TOR still in backend of that group even if Kawhi leaves)

ORL/DET solidly fighting for 8th seed ... but ATL could be right there ... and I think Bulls are right there too.

I'd actually feel comfortable projecting Bulls over ATL because of the veteran presence of Young, Porter, Lavine and whatever PG they bring in. ATL has more talent in Young and Collins, but overall team is still REALLY fresh (not seeing any valuable minutes from vets).

DET ahead of us with Griffin/Drummond combo ... but they're not well-rounded after that so injuries mean the most (and more likely with those two) to them.

ORL were the darlings last year ... think they still have good things coming ... but Fultz and DJ as they're only real backcourt minutes leaves a lot to be desired.

I'd put money down we win more than 35. I think we hit 40 wins, maybe more
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Just_Bullz
Veteran
And1: 629

Post#44 » by Just_Bullz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:44 am

If we do not see a quantum leap in organic growth, I'm looking at 32-37 wins.

Pax is going through the Scott Skiles era of rebuilding again. Draft and sign high character guys that will be fringe all stars. The Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng days are back again.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,532

Post#45 » by Ugly Duckling » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:47 am

Here's how I see it:

1. Bucks
2. Raptors (if Kawhi stays)
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

The East just got deeper. We might not make it this yr after all :(
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#46 » by Am2626 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:13 am

Ugly Duckling wrote:Here's how I see it:

1. Bucks
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

Do we really want the Bulls to make the playoffs as an 8 seed and see them get swept? The Pelicans and Grizzlies each won 33 games last year and got a top 2 draft pick. If the Bulls win 33 games next year that’s an 11 game win improvement and would give them a shot at a top 4 draft pick. Best case scenario is to see this as a developmental year for the core and then luck into a franchise player in the draft.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran

Post#47 » by Ugly Duckling » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:53 pm

Am2626 wrote:

1. Bucks
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

Do we really want the Bulls to make the playoffs as an 8 seed and see them get swept? The Pelicans and Grizzlies each won 33 games last year and got a top 2 draft pick. If the Bulls win 33 games next year that’s an 11 game win improvement and would give them a shot at a top 4 draft pick. Best case scenario is to see this as a developmental year for the core and then luck into a franchise player in the draft.

Definitely. It would be a great learning and bonding experience. It would also inspire the guys to improve their games both individually and collectively in the offseason
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#48 » by Chi town » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:59 pm

1. Bucks
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

I agree. Will be interesting to watch Celts with no Horford but with Kemba.
Pacers without Dipo most of the season.
Nets without KD.
Heat will suck IMO. They are one Jimmy injury away from having nothing. Jimmy always gets hurt too.
Sixers will win a lot but embiid’s health.
If Kawhi leaves TOR wont make the playoffs.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#49 » by coldfish » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:00 pm

30 to 47.

I can make a case for this team being legitimately good at this point. If that February stretch where the offense was awesome is repeatable, there are a lot of good things going on here. The bench was awful last year and it may become a strength this year. The locker room will be much improved. They are bringing in people willing to hustle and play defense. I am looking forward to who gets that room exception.

Of course, it could all fall apart again too.

In general, the NBA may have zero super teams. Its going to turn into a war of attrition where everyone other than a handful of bad teams has a chance every night. If Kawhi goes to the West, virtually all of the top teams in the East will be worse this year so it will be wide open.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Post#50 » by Chi town » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:13 pm

coldfish wrote:30 to 47.

I can make a case for this team being legitimately good at this point. If that February stretch where the offense was awesome is repeatable, there are a lot of good things going on here. The bench was awful last year and it may become a strength this year. The locker room will be much improved. They are bringing in people willing to hustle and play defense. I am looking forward to who gets that room exception.

In general, the NBA may have zero super teams. Its going to turn into a war of attrition where everyone other than a handful of bad teams has a chance every night. If Kawhi goes to the West, virtually all of the top teams in the East will be worse this year so it will be wide open.

Good post. I think this will be the funnest NBA season to watch since Steph and Dubs arrived on the scene.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,509

Post#51 » by panthermark » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:17 pm

30-47? That is a mighty large range don't you think? So somewhere between bad and good?

We are still not done yet, but I'm leaning towards the mid-high 30's now. Will wait to see who else we grab.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
DJhitek
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,354

Post#52 » by DJhitek » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:20 pm

Still think this is a bad team, maybe 32-35 wins at it's peak. I'd bet 27 wins.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#53 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:25 pm

37 wins. Hopefully competitive on the loses. More watchable than last year. Arrow pointing up team instead of down.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#54 » by coldfish » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:32 pm

panthermark wrote:

30-47? That is a mighty large range don't you think? So somewhere between bad and good?

We are still not done yet, but I'm leaning towards the mid-high 30's now. Will wait to see who else we grab.

The Bulls have a lot of fragile players and no competent back ups for Otto and Lavine. If they were to hit a run of a lot of severe injuries, it would surprise no one.

If I could qualify and say "if healthy" and "if White is good" and "if they sign a competent scoring wing with the room exception", I would go around 45 wins.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#55 » by Bluewaterheaven » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:34 pm

I actually am getting a 45 win and hard fought 1st round (win or lose) vibe from this team. We have a lot of good pieces, and a lot of projected growth from Lavine, Lauri, and WCJ. White is going to be a wild card too. If he can come in and produce at a high level, our bench is going to be solid with Young. Tomas has given us a floor general/shooter to pair with Lavine and OBJ.

Overall this should be a solid team, with the sum of the parts being much more than the individual. It should/will surprise the league.
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#56 » by bad knees » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:34 pm

40 and the 8th seed. Book it.
bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Post#57 » by bulliedog8 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:36 pm

Am2626 wrote:

1. Bucks
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

Nexts years FA class is bad, so it is about going for 2021 to at least look appealing.

But yes getting to the playoffs and even get swept would be a win. Playoffs is likely a 42 win season. Look at what the nets did. Practically the same thing. First round nearly swept. Lot of young attractive players, and they signed 2 major free agents. Bulls plan should be

2019-20: 42 wins and 8 seed
2020-21: 48 wins and a 4-5 seed

Try to lure Giannis and go for the title in 21-22 for the next 3-4 years following.

You can build a winner without needing a top 2-3 pick every year. Build up assets to trade for a star or look good enough for the one star to get your team from a playoff team to a contender
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#58 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:45 pm

Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#59 » by DuckIII » Mon Jul 1, 2019 2:50 pm

panthermark wrote:

It’s hard to disagree with the fish. 3 of our 5 most important players are in their rookie deals. 2 of those 3 have had health issues. Our primary scorer is still developing. And our coach might know what he’s doing or he might be a moron.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran

Post#60 » by Ugly Duckling » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:01 pm

Chi town wrote:

1. Bucks
3. Sixers
4. Pacers
5. Nets
6. Celtics
7. Heat
8. Hawks/Bulls

I agree. Will be interesting to watch Celts with no Horford but with Kemba.
Pacers without Dipo most of the season.
Nets without KD.
Heat will suck IMO. They are one Jimmy injury away from having nothing. Jimmy always gets hurt too.
Sixers will win a lot but embiid’s health.
If Kawhi leaves TOR wont make the playoffs.

Yeah I think we see Jaylen Brown take a step fwd and Hayward as well with a full yr post-injury under his belt. Pacers got better IMO. Lamb will fill in for Dipo and if he comes back at full strength in Jan, watch out (he'll most likely need the season to get back his game though). I think you're right about the Heat. I wrote this before the Satoransky signing, so I think the Bulls can actually beat the Hawks out of that 8th spot (if they magically stay healthy that is)

Return to Chicago Bulls