Image ImageImage Image

Coby White vs Darius Garland: The verdict

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Re: Coby White vs Darius Garland: The verdict 

Post#341 » by Chi town » Sun May 19, 2019 1:17 am

Jcool0 wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
So your best case off season for a team that needs a PG is two guys who aren't really PGs?

It’s old by now. We all know what you think. I’m not questioning your posts. Chill out.

You might want to take a break if you are this upset over a post.

HAhahaha. I’m not upset at all. Just communicating. I don’t comment on your posts with snarky comments. I like you as a poster and really appreciate how many twitter posts you post that Update us all on news. You are damn fast too. Usually the first person.

Maybe I’m heartbroken you won’t be sharing twitter posts about my beloved Garland. :)))
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,066

Post#342 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun May 19, 2019 12:18 pm

I'll take either over Lonzo Ball
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Post#343 » by sco » Sun May 19, 2019 1:08 pm

Brogdon, Hunter, Fall would get me so excited for next season!
:clap:
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#344 » by TeamMan » Sun May 19, 2019 5:47 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm guessing either the Bulls or Suns made a promise to Garland and the other made one to Coby White.

The Bulls (in the Gar/Pax era) have a history of making promises.

For instance, the year that the Bulls drafted James Johnson, it was rumored that they had actually made a promise to a different player (a center who I don't remember right now), but the player was picked earlier. So the Bulls switched to Johnson.

The most recent, of course, was Chandler Hutchinson last year. The people who follow the interview process at the NBA Combine also have a pretty good idea which team made the promise. After Hutch pulled out of the Combine last year, it was immediately announced that the Bulls had probably made the promise to him.

Early speculation has Pheonix as the team that made the promise Garland, and the Bulls as the team that made the promise to White.

Cleveland has a PG from last year's draft and are reportedly looking for a SG.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#345 » by HomoSapien » Sun May 19, 2019 6:29 pm

TeamMan wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'm guessing either the Bulls or Suns made a promise to Garland and the other made one to Coby White.

The Bulls (in the Gar/Pax era) have a history of making promises.

For instance, the year that the Bulls drafted James Johnson, it was rumored that they had actually made a promise to a different player (a center who I don't remember right now), but the player was picked earlier. So the Bulls switched to Johnson.

The most recent, of course, was Chandler Hutchinson last year. The people who follow the interview process at the NBA Combine also have a pretty good idea which team made the promise. After Hutch pulled out of the Combine last year, it was immediately announced that the Bulls had probably made the promise to him.

Early speculation has Pheonix as the team that made the promise Garland, and the Bulls as the team that made the promise to White.

I would love for the Bulls to have made a promise to Garland (I'm so-so on White), but I disagree about the Cavs. There were reports throughout the season that the Cavs, though high on Sexton, were concerned about his ability to create for others. White gives them a PG in a SG's body (whereas Sexton gives them a SG in a PG's body). Unless someone unexpected falls, I really am confident that White is their guy.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#346 » by Red Larrivee » Sun May 19, 2019 6:39 pm

TeamMan wrote:Early speculation has Pheonix as the team that made the promise Garland, and the Bulls as the team that made the promise to White.

KC is saying that league executives believe White's promise didn't come from the Bulls and that Garland's promise came from the Lakers or Suns.

Also, Cleveland probably can't be counted out of this. They have a history of left field decisions.
Betta Bulleavit
Head Coach
And1: 2,614

Post#347 » by Betta Bulleavit » Sun May 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
TeamMan wrote:Early speculation has Pheonix as the team that made the promise Garland, and the Bulls as the team that made the promise to White.

KC is saying that league executives believe White's promise didn't come from the Bulls and that Garland's promise came from the Lakers or Suns.

Also, Cleveland probably can't be counted out of this. They have a history of left field decisions.

There is nothing that I’d love more than for Cleveland to spend their pick on either of Garland or White because that would likely push Hunter or Culver to us, which I’d be very okay with. Especially Culver.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#348 » by JimmyJammer » Sun May 19, 2019 10:58 pm

Coby White draft projection is all over the map because teams like Cleveland see him as a big playmaking guard who can play next to their scoring point guard. White can complement Sexton well when you think of it, because he probably can guard the shooting guard while allowing Sexton to do what he does best - scoring. The question one should ask, is Sexton a better scorer than White? White set and broke all kinds of scoring records in the history of North Carolina basketball. Btw, who would have thought Sexton would become such a prolific 3pt shooter?

Return to Chicago Bulls