Official: Bulls Get 7th Pick.

Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,010

Re: Official: Bulls Get 7th Pick. 

Post#1501 » by Am2626 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 pm

SfBull wrote:
Bullbleep wrote:
Am2626 wrote:Hunter is 2 years older than Reddish. Compare Reddish to Hunter at the same age. Hunter didn’t even play his true freshman year. Cam Reddish is 3 years younger than Brandon Clarke. Compare their Freshman years. Reddish’s numbers are much better.

Yes. Not so much specifically Reddish, but more generally in terms of comparing kids finishing their first year of college ball to those that have two (Culver) or more (Hunter) years of college experience. If Morant, Culver, & Hunter had entered the draft as freshmen, would any of them been taken even late in the first round? No. If you’re an NBA GM, you have to project a development curve into your analysis of players. If you wait to actually see it, you’re usually too late...

Personally, Doumbouya seems to me to be the most intriguing prospect in the area of #7. He’s only 18, and relatively new to the game. You probably wouldn’t get a lot of useful production out of him for a couple of years, but 3-4 years down the road, you might have something really special. High risk/reward, but that’s where the Bulls should be at #7. Free agency is for filling holes (ie., PG); top ten draft choices are for building the talent base...

So you're talking that you wouldn't draft a potentially great player just because he has more years of College?In this line you wouldn't draft Jordan in 84.

Number of years playing in college is irrelevant. Jordan was a considerably better prospect when he left North Carolina in 84 than is Hunter and Culver. Tim Duncan was a can’t miss prospect and he played 4 years at Wake Forest. I don’t see Hunter or Culver as ever being potentially great players. Best case scenario I see them as good starting caliber NBA players.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#1502 » by 6_Rings » Thu May 23, 2019 3:42 pm

grab Hachimura if available
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
Ferulci
Starter
And1: 2,263

Post#1503 » by Ferulci » Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
I am not opposed to trading the pick and upgrading the team through trades. The concern with Beal is that the move is lateral at best. We shorten the championship window while boosting SG which is fine, but we leave lingering holes at PG and C. Our team would most likely still suffer through another lotto pick season. I'd rather address core issues without our starting line up before addressing what amounts to a vanity project in comparison. Dunn and WCJ are raw and best utilized under 3rd big / 3rd guard off the bench roles.

Championship window :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: We had the 4th worst record in the league.

People who say Beal is a lateral move at best don't deserve an opinion in this. Beal is at least on the next tier if not 2. Lavine is a good starter and Beal is a star. Don't let the empty stats fool you.

I think Beal is a star and Lavine is a 6th man. It’s a home run for us.

People who think that Beal is a "lateral move at best" either have never watched Wizards the past 3 seasons or should get a restraining order banning them from going anywhere near a front office.
Beal has been playing like a all-nba player this year and might get the 3rd team spot.
It might be somewhat contreversial, but if Beal had a good contract (and not the supermax he's about to sign), I would trade WCj + Lavine for him without hesitation.
buckboy wrote:
jg77 wrote:Lavine is my dark horse MVP candidate.

That is the darkest horse that has ever galloped.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#1504 » by BahamaBull » Thu May 23, 2019 4:39 pm

6_Rings wrote:grab Hachimura if available

OMG that would be the worst pick possible...Hachimura imo is a late 1st rounder...
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#1505 » by TheJordanRule » Thu May 23, 2019 5:12 pm

TheStig wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:I think Beal is a star and Lavine is a 6th man. It’s a home run for us.

Your comment in bold is the reason why we don't go older with Beal. The Front Office is not going to be able to put a team around Beal that gives him a fighting chance at anything more than a lower playoff seeding and a second round exit. We're too far away, and that's exactly what makes chasing Beal a vanity project. Also, I'm well aware of Lavine's weaknesses, but if you're calling him a 6th man, you're still living in 2017 or early 2018.

Beal is not 30. He's 2 years older than Lavine and a 2 time all star. He's not old and just entering his prime.

I would concur on a move for Conley or Holiday but Beal is still young.

Beal is definitely a star but Lavine is emerging into one too. Lavine’s second half of the season performances were insanely good. I was terrified of the contract we gave Zach but he’s turned it into a steal. In the second half of the season Lavine brought 90 - 95 percent of what Beal brought... and he’s two years younger which suggests Lavine could get to Beal’s level or surpass it in the near future. Better yet, Lavine will cost us tens of millions less per season once Beal gets super maxed. With holes at PG and at C in the starting line up, addressing SG is a luxury we cannot afford. If you can somehow think of a way to score Beal while keeping the core, I’d be up for a positionless starting line up with him in it. Otherwise we have bigger fish to fry. And I just love how everyone assumes that WCJ is a starting center when all we got out of him last season was “solid 3rd big in the rotation” type performances out of him.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#1506 » by sco » Thu May 23, 2019 8:00 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
TheStig wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
Your comment in bold is the reason why we don't go older with Beal. The Front Office is not going to be able to put a team around Beal that gives him a fighting chance at anything more than a lower playoff seeding and a second round exit. We're too far away, and that's exactly what makes chasing Beal a vanity project. Also, I'm well aware of Lavine's weaknesses, but if you're calling him a 6th man, you're still living in 2017 or early 2018.

Beal is not 30. He's 2 years older than Lavine and a 2 time all star. He's not old and just entering his prime.

Beal is definitely a star but Lavine is emerging into one too. Lavine’s second half of the season performances were insanely good. I was terrified of the contract we gave Zach but he’s turned it into a steal. In the second half of the season Lavine brought 90 - 95 percent of what Beal brought... and he’s two years younger which suggests Lavine could get to Beal’s level or surpass it in the near future. Better yet, Lavine will cost us tens of millions less per season once Beal gets super maxed. With holes at PG and at C in the starting line up, addressing SG is a luxury we cannot afford. If you can somehow think of a way to score Beal while keeping the core, I’d be up for a positionless starting line up with him in it. Otherwise we have bigger fish to fry. And I just love how everyone assumes that WCJ is a starting center when all we got out of him last season was “solid 3rd big in the rotation” type performances out of him.

IMO, when considering Beal vs. Lavine, Beal has demonstrated more but Zach (by virtue of age/games played) has a bit more potential to improve. That said, neither is likely to be the best player on a contender, but either could be the starting SG on a contender. As such, I wouldn't want to give up an asset, in addition to Zach, to get Beal.
:clap:
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#1507 » by TheStig » Fri May 24, 2019 4:10 am

sco wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:
TheStig wrote:Beal is not 30. He's 2 years older than Lavine and a 2 time all star. He's not old and just entering his prime.

IMO, when considering Beal vs. Lavine, Beal has demonstrated more but Zach (by virtue of age/games played) has a bit more potential to improve. That said, neither is likely to be the best player on a contender, but either could be the starting SG on a contender. As such, I wouldn't want to give up an asset, in addition to Zach, to get Beal.

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. We are comparing a guy who just missed an all nba team to a guy who couldn't make a weak east all star team.

And the justification is that neither are top 15 players (despite one just missing that) but both are starting quality. It's a silly standard that ranges from Klay Thompson to Danny Green.

Return to Chicago Bulls