Image ImageImage Image

Bulls 2nd Round Pick Merged

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,190

Re: Bulls 2nd Round Pick 

Post#41 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 8:15 pm

League Circles wrote:Seriously, why do people expect that this player would make the roster?

At #38, you're possibly looking at a player who won't agree to a non guaranteed deal IMO. That means you'd have to give it to him before seeing him in summer league even.

He has to compete for between 1 and 3 roster spots with:

Shaq Harrison
Walter Lemon
Arci
Samspson, etc
Legit vet minimum players from around the league

I find it unlikely that a player is available at 38 who will command a guaranteed roster spot over these other players without even playing in summer league.

The guys you listed are all fringe NBA players. It's not unrealistic for a high second round pick to make the team over those guys. After spending most of the season in the G-League, I would wager that Sampson and Walter Lemon could be signed to a 2-way deal. Also, while I like both Arci and Shaq, we should eventually pick between the two. Dunn is probably coming off the bench next year, and we'll either draft or sign our starting point guard. No need to carry 4 point guards.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#42 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 8:27 pm

There's going to be some interesting options at 38. Here's my target list:

Naz Reid
Mattisse Thybulle
PJ Washington
Carsen Edwards
Jontay Porter
Tacko Fall
Luka Samanic

I think half of these guys have near lottery talent, but all have the ability to be key role players.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#43 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 pm

League Circles wrote:Seriously, why do people expect that this player would make the roster?

At #38, you're possibly looking at a player who won't agree to a non guaranteed deal IMO. That means you'd have to give it to him before seeing him in summer league even.

He has to compete for between 1 and 3 roster spots with:

Shaq Harrison
Walter Lemon
Arci
Samspson, etc
Legit vet minimum players from around the league

I find it unlikely that a player is available at 38 who will command a guaranteed roster spot over these other players without even playing in summer league.

I'll take any player I named in my above post over any of those guys 8 days a week. I named like 18 2nd rounder over the last few drafts that are all better than at least 5 guys that were on the Bulls roster this past season.

What I'm saying is that you have better odds than ever today to score or even score big on a 2nd rounder. The talent pool is twice what it used to be and players are even younger with less experience so evaluations are murky, at best on many. At least take those tickets and redeem them... let them play in SL or bring them into camp and see what you have at least.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#44 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri May 17, 2019 11:21 pm

HomoSapien wrote:There's going to be some interesting options at 38. Here's my target list:

Naz Reid
Mattisse Thybulle
PJ Washington
Carsen Edwards
Jontay Porter
Tacko Fall
Luka Samanic

I think half of these guys have near lottery talent, but all have the ability to be key role players.

Yes. The landscape has changed and you need every chance at a look at as many players as you can. 2nd round picks give you a lot of flexibility because they do not have to be signed to scaled slots. Teams are building more and more using these guys and some teams are scoring big with pieces like Green or Jokic or so many others. Sure, you aren't always going to get Kris Middleton, or Malcolm Brogdon, or Draymond Green, or Nikola Jokic or Dinwiddie, but these types of players are making an impact on some of the better teams today, more so than ever before.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#45 » by GimmeDat » Sat May 18, 2019 2:02 am

Luka Samanic's name's definitely rising. He had great pedigree as a 16 year old, went off the map a little bit, but it sounds like he's showing a lot during the combine.

The talk is he's 'solidifed himself as a 1st rounder' but I could definitely see him sliding to the early 2nd. At a mobile 6'11, he's interesting 4/5 piece.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#46 » by panthermark » Sat May 18, 2019 2:30 am

GimmeDat wrote:Luka Samanic's name's definitely rising. He had great pedigree as a 16 year old, went off the map a little bit, but it sounds like he's showing a lot during the combine.

The talk is he's 'solidifed himself as a 1st rounder' but I could definitely see him sliding to the early 2nd. At a mobile 6'11, he's interesting 4/5 piece.

I've already taken him off my list. He won't be there when we pick in the 2nd.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#47 » by othawhitemeat » Sat May 18, 2019 3:24 am

HomoSapien wrote:There's going to be some interesting options at 38. Here's my target list:

Naz Reid
Mattisse Thybulle
PJ Washington
Carsen Edwards
Jontay Porter
Tacko Fall
Luka Samanic

Not big on Reid as for motor a d Porter due to injuries. Really like PJ Washington as he reminds me of Taj with a 3. Also loke others and add Cameron Johnson. Can shpot and long wing span.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,998

Post#48 » by Chi town » Sat May 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Tankathon has us taking Louis King from Oregon. Like that pick a lot. High ceiling.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#49 » by samwana » Sun May 19, 2019 8:32 am

Which of the projected 2nd rounders did sign with Mark Bartelstein? Maybe that could be an indication?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#50 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:55 am

dawhizz wrote:
TeamMan wrote:
bigworld2017 wrote:
I've warmed up to the idea of Fall. He hasn't played basketball that long. But I think he has situational potential. And you can't teach a 10' 2" wingspan. He would need to work very hard on his strength and foot work. But he could be a real threat down low with alley-oops and put back dunks. He's probably needs a year in the "G" League to get sufficient playing time to improve. Would he go for that? But by the time we could rid ourselves of Felicio's contract Fall might be ready to give us 15 minutes a game at the "5" off the bench. Play him against the other teams' bench players. He's a second rounder. Has unicorn length. Why not take a chance?

With these bigs, there is always the question of whether or not they can keep up with the pace of today's NBA and not end up with foot problems.

Don't know if anyone has the answer. I'd think that one of the shoe companies would have found a solution, but we keep seeing it happen.

With that said, I think that Lauri, Zach and OPJ need a low-post-presence (LPO) to open up the court for their 3P shooting.
So, if the Bulls are not planning to bring back RoLo they should definitely try to get this guy.

Bol Bol is not a center in my opinion. Maybe after 3 years of putting on muscle he might be any answer, but not immediately.

Fall could give 10-15 minutes a game and have an immediate impact.

This is my pick as well. Boom/bust, but I feel like the alternative is drafting a wing who, best case scenario, is like 10-15% better than TLC/Seldon/Sampson.

I wouldnt risk drafting Fall or Bol,rather go after SF or PF
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#51 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 am

Anyone of Louis King, PJ Washington, Luka Samanic, Chuma Okeke, Naz Reid, Kris Wilkes -- would be nice early 2nd round picks

btw. Dylan Windler - can he defend or another Doug? He has impressive stats,even with rebounds..
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#52 » by HomoSapien » Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 am

GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#53 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 19, 2019 11:01 am

HomoSapien wrote:

I was pretty intrigued by Naz early in the season, skill level seemed really high, big, could shoot. But he's hopeless on D and a really poor athlete. It's not like he was absolutely elite offensively to make up for it either, and while he can handle and do some unique things with it in his hands, his A/TO ratio is really horrific also, would like to see him be able to pass the rock given his archetype. I've come to the conlusion that there's way better C's available in our range (gonna make a seperate post below).
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#54 » by othawhitemeat » Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 am

HomoSapien wrote:

Extremely talented but is the motor there. Usually, 2nd round picks that workout have an amazing motor or extremely efficient players. Michael Redd, Manu, Draymond Green, Boozer, Isaiah Thomas for a while, Jokic, Brogdon, Millsap, Gasol, Rodman, and tons more. He is very skilled and shows flashes, but wonder about that consistency.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#55 » by GimmeDat » Sun May 19, 2019 11:18 am

So there's a glut of bigs in the late 1st/early 2nd. There's also not that many teams that are all going to take C's, I imagine.

Grant Williams
Bruno Fernando
Killian Tillie
Mfiondu Kabangele
Daniel Gafford
Nic Claxton
Jontay Porter
Luka Samanic

There's also Charles Bassey and Isiaiah Roby, both of watch I'm okay but not happy about at 38.. feel like there'd be better talent available.

But of that first crop, there's surely someone that drops.

G.Williams is super polished, seen him top 10 a fair few boards. His production speaks for itself.

Fernando is a super athlete, top notch motor, defense needs work but potential on that end (can move his feet, blocked 2.5 shots per 40). Some elements of his game remind me of Harrell.

Killian Tillie can play the 4 or 5, underrated defender, elite shooter, some offensive versatility, can pass. A lot to like with his game and injury issues might hurt his stock a bit.

Kabengele is long, big build, good athlete, can move his feet as well as rim protect (2.8 bp/40), high motor, can stretch the floor (37.5% from 3 over 2 seasons), was super productive. Only negative seems to be the non-existent assist rate.

Claxton is a big riser, talk is he's solidified 1st round stock (which means others in this list more likely to drop), late growth spurt guy, moves incredibly well, elite defensive potential (can stick with guards and blocks 3+ shots per 40). Shot has some potential, assist rate spiked a bit in 2nd year.

Gafford is what he is, super athlete, low IQ/feel but will dunk everything and block shots. If a team is good at maximizing rim runner types then he can have a lot of value.

Jontay is a lottery pick when healthy, top 5 on some boards I've seen. x2 ACL's is a killer though, could bump him to the 2nd round.

Samanic's stock's clearly risen, again, 1st round chatter for him atm, he's playing really well at the combine, mobile, good skill level.

Basically, if any of these guys are there at 38, we should take them.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#56 » by JohnnyTapwater » Sun May 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Gafford would be such a steal in the 2nd round. I just don't see him falling to the 2nd.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#57 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Chi town wrote:Tankathon has us taking Louis King from Oregon. Like that pick a lot. High ceiling.

I like that kid alot. He was projected to be a lotto pick before the season started.

I think he could be a steal at #38
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Bulls 2nd Round Pick 

Post#58 » by StunnerKO » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

I
Like Charles Matthews defense and he’s from the chi will continue to legacy of Chicago defenders . He’s my pick at 38

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

• Standing reach: 8'7" (tied for second out of 31 guards)

• Height without shoes: 6'5" (third out of 31)

• Weight: 194.8 pounds (14th out of 30)

• Wingspan: 6'9.5" (tied for sixth out of 31)

• Body fat percentage: 3.80 percent (first out of 30)

• Standing vertical leap: 29.5 inches (tied for 12th out of 20)

• Max vertical leap: 37.5 inches (11th out of 20)

• Shuttle run: 3.24 seconds (18th out of 20)

• Lane agility: 11.26 seconds (17th out of 20)

• Three quarter sprint: 3.35 seconds (15th out of 19)
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#59 » by StunnerKO » Sun May 19, 2019 4:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#60 » by bigworld2017 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Anyone of Louis King, PJ Washington, Luka Samanic, Chuma Okeke, Naz Reid, Kris Wilkes -- would be nice early 2nd round picks

btw. Dylan Windler - can he defend or another Doug? He has impressive stats,even with rebounds..

Reading the combine reports it seems that Windler is testing out pretty well athletically. If he's there at #38 he'd be worth a try. I think he'll be gone very early in the 2nd.

Return to Chicago Bulls