Image ImageImage Image

Kyler: Bulls Have Worst Rep Amongst Agents

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,638

Re: Kyler: Bulls Have Worst Rep Amongst Agents 

Post#121 » by DuckIII » Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:The fact that we cn never get significant deals done should tell you that much.

Except for that being false, it would be a good point.

I don’t know if it’s true or not true. Certainly seems plausible. I do know Steve Kyler is generally full of **** regardless.

Is there a running list of reporters full of **** in Chicago media? I’d love to see the list. And then we can get to the bottom of what went wrong in their childhoods that they bully the poor Chicago front office in this manner.

Don’t lump me in with that mess. Kyler is a joke and has been for over a decade. I was just making a general statement about him as a fraud “insider.” My comment had nothing to do with Chicago.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#122 » by DuckIII » Fri May 17, 2019 2:27 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:He deleted it? Damn, must have done it for the 3 hours of fame it provided him. Jerk.

I told you. Kyler is trash.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,254

Post#123 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri May 17, 2019 2:27 am

DuckIII wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Except for that being false, it would be a good point.

I don’t know if it’s true or not true. Certainly seems plausible. I do know Steve Kyler is generally full of **** regardless.

Is there a running list of reporters full of **** in Chicago media? I’d love to see the list. And then we can get to the bottom of what went wrong in their childhoods that they bully the poor Chicago front office in this manner.

Don’t lump me in with that mess. Kyler is a joke and has been for over a decade. I was just making a general statement about him as a fraud “insider.” My comment had nothing to do with Chicago.

Don’t you have a pitchfork with Cowleys head attached to it?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#124 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 am

DuckIII wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:He deleted it? Damn, must have done it for the 3 hours of fame it provided him. Jerk.

Our heroes are safe for another day.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,749

Post#125 » by dougthonus » Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 am

I see no reason Kyler would say this if he didn't think it was true. It just doesn't benefit him at all to create a negative rep with the Bulls by saying it. On the other hand, it would strike me as really strange if true. The Bulls generally have been pretty good with how they've treated players and while specific people may have a grudge, I would think overall their reputation would be good with agents.

They've done a ton of favors for agents in small ways and routinely look to make win/win moves that can help other teams with salary cap issues as well as help agents with various things. I can see why fans or players can have wildly variant opinions, but the Bulls seem like a good group to work with from a business perspective that I would think other franchises/agents would appreciate overall.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#126 » by DuckIII » Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:

Don’t you have a pitchfork with Cowleys head attached to it?

No. Not for several years anyway. He’s got legit sources. When he tries to trick readers with poor reading comprehension (Woj does this too), I call him on it though. Cowley can be legit, or he can be deceptive. He needs to be read carefully. You never know which version you are going to get.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#127 » by DuckIII » Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Our heroes are safe for another day.

No. Pax provided plenty of ammo with his asinine post lottery comments. It’s just that Kyler should always be ignored.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#128 » by kulaz3000 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:01 am

HomoSapien wrote:Interesting it got deleted. Bulls monitor this board. Wonder if they had words for him. Someone here should Tweet and Kyler and see if they can get him to clarify why he deleted the Tweet.

Or maybe it was just a bogus tweet to generate some buzz. He got what he wanted and decided to delete it.
Why so serious?
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#129 » by kulaz3000 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 am

dougthonus wrote:I see no reason Kyler would say this if he didn't think it was true. It just doesn't benefit him at all to create a negative rep with the Bulls by saying it. On the other hand, it would strike me as really strange if true. The Bulls generally have been pretty good with how they've treated players and while specific people may have a grudge, I would think overall their reputation would be good with agents.

They've done a ton of favors for agents in small ways and routinely look to make win/win moves that can help other teams with salary cap issues as well as help agents with various things. I can see why fans or players can have wildly variant opinions, but the Bulls seem like a good group to work with from a business perspective that I would think other franchises/agents would appreciate overall.

To me, it's as simple as the Bulls are an easy target right now, because we continue to lose and fumble as an organisation.

Much of the criticism is true and warranted, however, people seemingly latch on to anything to justify their position on hating on the front office, whether it's truly justified or not. This story is one of those which fuels the fire, but doesn't really warrant it.
Why so serious?
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#130 » by TheFinishSniper » Fri May 17, 2019 3:13 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

To me, it's as simple as the Bulls are an easy target right now, because we continue to lose and fumble as an organisation.

Much of the criticism is true and warranted, however, people seemingly latch on to anything to justify their position on hating on the front office, whether it's truly justified or not. This story is one of those which fuels the fire, but doesn't really warrant it.

Easy target? Right now. Dislike for them goes ever since 2014 at minimum since they did that mind boggling trade. It passed a half a decade since then. Since they started going against Thibs. Since then wrong move after wrong move to a point where rebuild was inevitable or supermax a decent player
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#131 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Interesting it got deleted. Bulls monitor this board. Wonder if they had words for him. Someone here should Tweet and Kyler and see if they can get him to clarify why he deleted the Tweet.

Or maybe it was just a bogus tweet to generate some buzz. He got what he wanted and decided to delete it.

That doesn't strike me as a likely scenario. It's a bizarre thing to completely fabricate a lie that the Bulls have the worst rep among agents. If his sole mission is to create buzz you don't delete a tweet after a few hours and you also make a story that's much more interesting than that.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM

Post#132 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 am

kulaz3000 wrote:

I know when I try and generate buzz, i leak it so dedicated message board fans pick it up, and then delete before any national media or anyone that matters catches wind of it. The buzz goes through the roof with this approach.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#133 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 3:28 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

I know when I try and generate buzz, i leak it so dedicated message board fans pick it up, and then delete before any national media or anyone that matters catches wind of it. The buzz goes through the roof with this approach.

Exactly right. This news is only interesting to the most ardent Bulls fans. All these conspiracy theories are silly.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,891

Post#134 » by nomorezorro » Fri May 17, 2019 3:45 am

my educated guess is not that kyler makes stuff up out of whole cloth but that he has very few, if any, legitimate sources and passes along literally everything he hears without vetting it

every few months something he posts about a potential transaction will get a bunch of attention, but i can never remember an example of one coming to fruition. and he posts a lot. maybe i missed something, and maybe some stuff is credible — again, this specific report seems plausible and like something you might be able to pick up just by being in the general orbit of nba media — but his twitter is basically the equivalent of spray + pray
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#135 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 3:51 am

nomorezorro wrote:my educated guess is not that kyler makes stuff up out of whole cloth but that he has very few, if any, legitimate sources and passes along literally everything he hears without vetting it

every few months something he posts about a potential transaction will get a bunch of attention, but i can never remember an example of one coming to fruition. and he posts a lot. maybe i missed something, and maybe some stuff is credible — again, this specific report seems plausible and like something you might be able to pick up just by being in the general orbit of nba media — but his twitter is basically the equivalent of spray + pray

I would guess that no one directly came up to him and said "Hey the Bulls are the most hated franchise by agents" but more likely it was just a general sense he got from his agent contacts when talking about the Bulls.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#136 » by Hangtime84 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:23 am

HomoSapien wrote:
League Circles wrote:The ACTUAL reason IMO why media lightweights like this loser trash the Bulls is because the Bulls are old school and don't patronize the media, instead mostly keeping stuff close to the vest.

It's because the Bulls are gangster instead of a millenialized organization and these twitter journliasts can't handle it.

Makes me **** proud of the team.

Dude, your hatred for media is bordering on creepy.

I find myself agreeing with LC more than most here. Pitchforks are too strong here. Wake me up when we look like the Knicks.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#137 » by HomoSapien » Fri May 17, 2019 4:43 am

Hangtime84 wrote:Wake me up when we look like the Knicks.

Uh-oh, you've over slept by two years.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#138 » by Leslie Forman » Fri May 17, 2019 4:47 am

r1terrell23 wrote:Jabari sucked but players in the league thought he was done wrong, it's all about the perception. We have bad divorces with three hometown heroes in Rose, Jabari and Wade. From a basketball perspective the decisions made sense, but from a perception perspective it hurt the FO. Our relationship with coaches is damning as well. Choking Vinny, spying on Thibs, players publicly criticizing Fred, the beef with Skiles.

It seems like the only other franchises you ever hear similar or worse things about these days are other awful franchises run by out of touch rubes. Knicks, Lakers, Suns, Wolves…

Players, coaches, agents and writers aren't all a bunch of idiots. Like any other industry, there is a typical, accepted way of conducting business within the NBA, and it seems the Bulls don't follow that in some cases. What happened with Vinny and Paxson, who is somehow still here for life after that, pretty much says it all. That's something that ends up in "he wanted to go spend more time with his family" at just about any other franchise.
nomorezorro
RealGM

Post#139 » by nomorezorro » Fri May 17, 2019 5:08 am

the front office's long list of interpersonal issues — which has been demonstrated repeatedly regardless of the validity of this report — is another sign that the front office is generally not good at their jobs, but in the end it's probably not something that meaningfully affects our ability to sign people

the money will spend just as good even if it's coming from a wack front office. if the situation is appealing and the cash is right, players will come here regardless of our reputation. obviously it's not good if garpax is known for being awful to deal with, and if there's even one situation where management's perceived incompetence is an impediment to signing or hiring somebody, it's too many.

but the inability to create that appealing situation is a much bigger problem than us annoying agents
nomorezorro
RealGM

Post#140 » by nomorezorro » Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 am

on the other hand, i guess it could also speak to a larger failure to capitalize on the opportunity to make the bulls a Storied Franchise

chicago, as a city, is probably never going to have the appeal among players that natives think it should. the knicks are the knicks solely because of NYC; new york and la are in a different stratosphere as destinations compared to chicago. but it's still a big market, and it should be easy to parlay that + jordan into something valuable.

despite the franchise's loyalty to dynasty-era players, it hasn't happened. the 90s championships are basically irrelevant when people think about the bulls today. in terms of destinations, we might as well be, like, dallas. (and at least they have the income tax thing to try to hype up!)

an aura of incompetence might not necessarily scare people away, but it does prevent you from trying to make chicago a place where people actively want to come. we squandered the opportunity to play on the nostalgia of an entire generation of kids who grew up with MJ, who came to know basketball at a time when the chicago bulls were synonymous with dominance. that's pretty embarrassing, imo

Return to Chicago Bulls