Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA 18/19 thread 4

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Re: Around the NBA 18/19 thread 4 

Post#381 » by Polynice4Pippen » Fri May 24, 2019 3:15 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Kawhi Leonard is unbelievable

He's reminding everyone.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#382 » by kulaz3000 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:15 am

Red8911 wrote:I knew Toronto was the favorite in the east but can’t believe they just won 3 in a row to take the lead, that’s crazy. Kawhi is just great right now and his teammates have really stepped up. Bucks even though played well are crumbling under pressure, Toronto was just better and now have the upper hand. Some awesome playoff games right here.

Also that Kawhi post game interview was hilarious. Lady asks him how do you beat the bucks 4 times in a row, kawhi answers idk i haven’t done it,lol.

The Bucks were the overwhelming favourites coming into this series. Hell, the Bucks were considered favourites even against the Warriors if they made it to the Finals. That's how dominate they looked, up until game 3 of the ECF.
Why so serious?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#383 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:16 am

HomoSapien wrote:It just feels like Giannis and the rest of the Bucks need to lose one more time before they take that next step. Someone a few weeks ago said that the Bucks remind them of the 91 Bulls, but they sort of remind me more of the the 89-90 Bulls that still needed just a bit more seasoning.

Spot on. We're seeing the experience factor now. Toronto has so much more playoff experience on that team and the Bucks are just starting their ascension to greatness. It's going to hard for them to keep that whole team together this summer, though. They have some tough decisions to make.

And this is not over yet. If they can somehow take game 6, which I could see happening.... you never know.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#384 » by Polynice4Pippen » Fri May 24, 2019 3:18 am

I'm shocked Toronto has come back like this in the series, they're supporting cast looked absolutely inept for about 2 and a half games. But Middleton and Niko have gone MIA, and Giannis hasn't been dominant.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#385 » by kulaz3000 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:19 am

The Raptors GM made a ballsy move, but seemingly made the correct move in trading for Leonard. I said it before, it was a win win situation. They make a run and have a year to pitch Leonard to stay, if not, make the most of the one season, and rebuild from scratch because the previous rendition of the team weren't going to go anywhere anyway.

When you have a chance at acquiring a player like Leonard who is an undisputed top 5 player in the league, no matter which way you spin it, you always have to go for it. That said, considering that the Spurs were seeking an established star in return, the Bulls were never going to be in the mix for such a player. But it doesn't mean that other teams would have the same parameters to make a deal; this is why you do what it takes to go for a player like AD, even if it means sending away Lauri, and some other assets, you need to go for it.
Why so serious?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#386 » by RedBulls23 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 am

Raptors going to the finals and Kawhi resigning with them would be pretty great.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#387 » by Mech Engineer » Fri May 24, 2019 3:21 am

I always thought Kawhi is a calmer player than Durant. It's one thing for Durant to excel on the loaded Warriors but he took a lot of rushed shots when they were up 3-1 in OKC and I just dont trust his mental toughness without a superstar like Curry and special stars like Draymond, klay. He is obviously the better talent technically but I feel Kawhi has that no moment is big for me attitude.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#388 » by Red8911 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:21 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Malcolm Brogdon having a night.. Man, I want this kid on the Bulls. I would throw the max at him. I think of all the FA's out there, he has the chance bust into stardom in the right situation. I would even offer Lavine up for him if it were possible to do a S & T with the Bucks. If we threw say 4/100 at Brogdon and gave them Lavine, maybe the bite and we get a two way player who fits our roster and has, IMO, better real upside when it comes to winning.

Brogdon is a good player but I think your over rating him here. Throw a max at a player who is a 3rd or 4th option on the bucks? Trade Zach too for him ? cmon lol.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#389 » by kulaz3000 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:22 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Raptors going to the finals and Kawhi resigning with them would be pretty great.

The Eastern Conference needs him. And I want to see more Raptors vs Bucks battles in the playoffs.
Why so serious?
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#390 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:27 am

Mech Engineer wrote:I would support Toronto any day the way they have built their team compared to the 76ers.

You could say the same about the Bucks though too..... and the Warriors really.. and the Rockets... and the Nuggets... and the Blazers...
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#391 » by Red8911 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:30 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
Red8911 wrote:I knew Toronto was the favorite in the east but can’t believe they just won 3 in a row to take the lead, that’s crazy. Kawhi is just great right now and his teammates have really stepped up. Bucks even though played well are crumbling under pressure, Toronto was just better and now have the upper hand. Some awesome playoff games right here.

Also that Kawhi post game interview was hilarious. Lady asks him how do you beat the bucks 4 times in a row, kawhi answers idk i haven’t done it,lol.

The Bucks were the overwhelming favourites coming into this series. Hell, the Bucks were considered favourites even against the Warriors if they made it to the Finals. That's how dominate they looked, up until game 3 of the ECF.

Bucks were the favorites coming in but I predicted Toronto beating them due to kawhi being the best player and more experience. Let’s not forget Bucks had an easier time in these playoffs playing against Detroit who was terrible and the struggling Boston Celtics. It’s not over yet so let’s see what happens, Bucks could still turn it around.

Also side note, if kawhi was in the east all these years how many finals does Lebron go to?
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#392 » by Mech Engineer » Fri May 24, 2019 3:37 am

Giannis has to improve his 3 pt shot....make a little more. He has got everything else in his skill set. Milwaukee is really lucky to have him.

Toronto showed the right way to build a team. They had decent young players, good vets and could do any type of trade. And, they never really tanked for a long time.

I can bet most teams in the league would have torn the team down and started tanking for Zion or one of the previously hyped picks when they got swept by Washington in the 1st round.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#393 » by dumbell78 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:38 am

Mech Engineer wrote:I always thought Kawhi is a calmer player than Durant. It's one thing for Durant to excel on the loaded Warriors but he took a lot of rushed shots when they were up 3-1 in OKC and I just dont trust his mental toughness without a superstar like Curry and special stars like Draymond, klay. He is obviously the better talent technically but I feel Kawhi has that no moment is big for me attitude.

Gimme the thick skin dude that doesn't have burner accounts every time.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#394 » by Ccwatercraft » Fri May 24, 2019 3:48 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:I'm shocked Toronto has come back like this in the series, they're supporting cast looked absolutely inept for about 2 and a half games. But Middleton and Niko have gone MIA, and Giannis hasn't been dominant.

Yes. You can put me on the list of people that thought it was over and done with three games ago now here we are.

Mad props to Toronto.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,290

Post#395 » by dumbell78 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:55 am

Ccwatercraft wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:I'm shocked Toronto has come back like this in the series, they're supporting cast looked absolutely inept for about 2 and a half games. But Middleton and Niko have gone MIA, and Giannis hasn't been dominant.

Yes. You can put me on the list of people that thought it was over and done with three games ago now here we are.

Mad props to Toronto.

Yup me three. I'm kinda shocked actually.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#396 » by Payt10 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:56 am

kulaz3000 wrote:The Raptors GM made a ballsy move, but seemingly made the correct move in trading for Leonard. I said it before, it was a win win situation. They make a run and have a year to pitch Leonard to stay, if not, make the most of the one season, and rebuild from scratch because the previous rendition of the team weren't going to go anywhere anyway.

When you have a chance at acquiring a player like Leonard who is an undisputed top 5 player in the league, no matter which way you spin it, you always have to go for it. That said, considering that the Spurs were seeking an established star in return, the Bulls were never going to be in the mix for such a player. But it doesn't mean that other teams would have the same parameters to make a deal; this is why you do what it takes to go for a player like AD, even if it means sending away Lauri, and some other assets, you need to go for it.

In my opinion, this should only apply to guards and wing players. Bigs just don't have near the value of a guy that can handle the ball, initiate offense, and break down the defense at the end of games.

As good as Davis is, he's barely been able to stay afloat in a playoff chase with the Pelicans so far in his career, let alone carry his team into championship contention.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#397 » by kodo » Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 am

Things changed quite a bit when Kawhi became the primary defender on Giannis starting G3.
according to the ESPN Stats & Information Group. But when Kawhi took on the unenviable task, Antetokounmpo shot just 1 of 9 (11 percent) for 2 points — his worst showing against a single defender over the past three postseasons.1

That's not even counting the 8 TOs.

Giannis did better tonight by shooting & making a few 3 pointers, but I don't know how much volume Milwaukee will get out of Giannis 3s.

Kawhi has been the most impactful 2-way player in the playoffs I've seen a very long time.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#398 » by kingkirk » Fri May 24, 2019 4:07 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Malcolm Brogdon having a night.. Man, I want this kid on the Bulls. I would throw the max at him. I think of all the FA's out there, he has the chance bust into stardom in the right situation. I would even offer Lavine up for him if it were possible to do a S & T with the Bucks. If we threw say 4/100 at Brogdon and gave them Lavine, maybe the bite and we get a two way player who fits our roster and has, IMO, better real upside when it comes to winning.

:o
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#399 » by RedBulls23 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 am

Man, I love Kawhi. :lol:

Read on Twitter
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls