Image ImageImage Image

2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Re: 2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery 

Post#1961 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:45 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Why am I getting this terrible feeling that the Bulls are going to draft Cam Reddish.

Saw this earlier today:

"Cam Reddish is like when you expect a season of your favorite TV show to be amazing and it’s just not good, but you keep watching anyway. Then there’s one amazing episode and you’re going to keep watching because you still have hope that every episode will be that amazing."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Cam Reddish is Heroes seasons 2-4.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,694

Post#1962 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:47 pm

panthermark wrote:
SfBull wrote:But what you can do if owner,FO and Boylen will be around for a long time?I prefer to live with them looking for some improvement.The other option would be give up on the Bulls .

Threaten to not watch them, but watch them anyway...and complain on a message board year after year..... :lol:

As we keep reading on this board for years ( including myself of course). But I'm trying to be positive about it :D
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#1963 » by cjbulls » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:47 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Why am I getting this terrible feeling that the Bulls are going to draft Cam Reddish.

The hysterics on this board would be quite memorable. We would have our own “Renaldo Balkman” moment.
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 380

Post#1964 » by dawhizz » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:48 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

Saw this earlier today:

"Cam Reddish is like when you expect a season of your favorite TV show to be amazing and it’s just not good, but you keep watching anyway. Then there’s one amazing episode and you’re going to keep watching because you still have hope that every episode will be that amazing."

We can nickname him X-Files.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#1965 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:51 pm

cjbulls wrote:

The hysterics on this board would be quite memorable. We would have our own “Renaldo Balkman” moment.

I wish I had the link, but reactions in the Lauri draft thread were generally hysterical as well. Jus sayin.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1966 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:54 pm

cjbulls wrote:
Chi town wrote:KC's latest... https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-mailbag-cam-reddish-lauri-markkanen-denzel-valentine-20190606-story.html

Bulls are still high on Val. KC believes Dunn can be a contributor perhaps from the bench. All he talks about is how the Bulls need a star which will be Lauri or Lavine.

Personally, I like the Lavine, Otto, Lauri trio with WCJ as the defensive anchor. We are a good playmaking PG away from being pretty good but we need a PG that will bring the best out of those 3.

Lots of great stuff here if you buy KC’s opinion as being influenced by the Org (I do):

-He specifically mentions Culver and Reddish as possibilities, but not Hunter. In fact, he specifically mention Reddish first, then Culver. I do not want this to be a re-hash of Reddish’s talent, but what is more interesting to me is that the Bulls would pass on their usual m.o. of higher floor, good citizen, battle tested rooks over potential higher ceiling prospects with issues.

-He lists Taj and Noah among the first names the Bulls might go after, but specifically calls out Niko to say they have moved on. I figured they’d have “moved on” from all 3. Happy to see at least one of those 2 could be back.

-KC is very dismissive of any big-ticket free agent spending. Says they will use the money on multiple role players (which jives with our internal report here earlier).

-For the people who do want to fight about Reddish, he says Reddish has the third most star potential behind Zion and Morant! Not even Barrett??? Maybe a mistake?

Somehow this enthusiasm for Reddish keep reminding me of drafting Tyrus Thomas.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#1967 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:54 pm

dawhizz wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Saw this earlier today:

We can nickname him X-Files.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

In movie titles he's

Batman v. Superman

SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1968 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:55 pm

panthermark wrote:Question....what FA PG's do you think are willing to sign here for two years? (Maybe the contracts have a 3rd year team option or something?)

Rose and Beverley .
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#1969 » by JimmyJammer » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:57 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

Saw this earlier today:

I take comfort in knowing that Reddish will at the very least be a player like Andre Roberson of the Thunder, a guy who can't really shoot but is indispensable to the success of a team due to his solid perimeter defense and for being a great teammate. You probably can do a lot worse than that at 7 in such a weak draft.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1970 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 7:59 pm

I got that feeling before they drafted Thomas.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#1971 » by cjbulls » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:03 pm

SfBull wrote:

I think a lot of people got that feeling when they resigned LaVine but then they got over it
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1972 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:06 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

I wish I had the link, but reactions in the Lauri draft thread were generally hysterical as well. Jus sayin.

I remember reading it with many people calling it Meh along with many people trying to justify Butler's trade but not being hysterical.I don't believe we'll see it drafting Reddish, maybe trading for Ball would bring such reactions.We wouldn't losing a star choosing Reddish.Not my first choice but I wouldn't be mad drafting him.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#1973 » by panthermark » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:15 pm

cjbulls wrote:
SfBull wrote:

I think a lot of people got that feeling when they resigned LaVine but then they got over it

I would have the exact same reaction with Cam that I had with Zach...although with Zach it was more about the amount vs the player since it wasn't really Zach vs X player for the same $ amount (or draft spot).
Still, my reaction was something like....."Well, I didn't want this, but he is a Bull now, so I will pull for him".
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1974 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:18 pm

panthermark wrote:
cjbulls wrote:
SfBull wrote:I got that feeling before they drafted Thomas.

I would have the exact same reaction with Cam that I had with Zach...although with Zach it was more about the amount vs the player since it wasn't really Zach vs X player for the same $ amount (or draft spot).
Still, my reaction was something like....."Well, I didn't want this, but he is a Bull now, so I will pull for him".

My reaction after extending Boylen being that( after some time of course).
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,303

Post#1975 » by Kurt Heimlich » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:25 pm

SfBull wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:
cjbulls wrote:

I remember reading it with many people calling it Meh along with many people trying to justify Butler's trade but not being hysterical.I don't believe we'll see it drafting Reddish, maybe trading for Ball would bring such reactions.We wouldn't losing a star choosing Reddish.Not my first choice but I wouldn't be mad drafting him.

There were much stronger than "meh' reactions. But we tend to forget those things once expectations are exceeded. Some folks already seem mad at the idea of drafting cam. There will be some hysterics if it happens. Those who believe cam is as bad a shooter as he showed at duke will cringe at the pick. Those who see the physical tools in context with his stage of development will say hes a player worth looking at depending on whose available.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#1976 » by samwana » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:37 pm

Isn't atl interested in Reddish? If he is still there at 7 can we trade with them? Please?? Is this report only to make them nervous? I sure hope so.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1977 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:37 pm

Kurt Heimlich wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Kurt Heimlich wrote:

There were much stronger than "meh' reactions. But we tend to forget those things once expectations are exceeded. Some folks already seem mad at the idea of drafting cam. There will be some hysterics if it happens. Those who believe cam is as bad a shooter as he showed at duke will cringe at the pick. Those who see the physical tools in context with his stage of development will say hes a player worth looking at depending on whose available.

But that hysterical reactions were related,at least a little, with drafting Lauri by trading Jimmy.My point is that with the big gap after #3( or even #2) there aren't really stars for being lost drafting Reddish,we aren't losing a Doncic or Zion getting him.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#1978 » by SfBull » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:40 pm

samwana wrote:Isn't atl interested in Reddish? If he is still there at 7 can we trade with them? Please?? Is this report only to make them nervous? I sure hope so.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

Better be used with the strong possibility of the Bulls drafting Reddish .
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1979 » by StunnerKO » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#1980 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jun 6, 2019 8:59 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Nice trade for the Hawks. Don't particularly get Brooklyn's interest in Kyrie, but could be a great trade for them too if they get the right guy. I wouldn't have minded that trade for us.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.

Return to Chicago Bulls