Image ImageImage Image

2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Re: 2019 Draft Thread Volume #6 - Post Lottery 

Post#301 » by StunnerKO » Wed May 22, 2019 12:55 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Added a few more tidbits to the OP -

- Speculation is that Carsen Edwards has late 1st stock in the eyes of a lot of teams
- Thybulle is expected to have a 1st round promise somewhere (old news, but that's why he withdrew from combine)

Read that Thybulle promise was from OKC.

They love wing defenders.

Def can see that , they missed Roberson the last two years . He’s their glue
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#302 » by GimmeDat » Wed May 22, 2019 1:02 am

GhostOfChicago wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:Added a few more tidbits to the OP -

- Speculation is that Carsen Edwards has late 1st stock in the eyes of a lot of teams
- Thybulle is expected to have a 1st round promise somewhere (old news, but that's why he withdrew from combine)

Read that Thybulle promise was from OKC.

They love wing defenders.

It makes too much sense doesn't it.. and why not, OKC need 3/D guys. I wonder if it's a double up when you've got Roberson coming back as well, though, and you got guys like Diallo and Ferg coming through as well. A lot of young wings there.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#303 » by Dresden » Wed May 22, 2019 1:22 am

Thybulle is plenty of D, not so much 3. He's like a better version of Thabo Sefolosha, who they had for years.
Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Post#304 » by Mattchoo » Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 am

Peelboy wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:It's like going to a pizza party.
If you get the last pick you may end up just getting cheese,
But relax dudes ,you know your still getting pizza.

In this analogy, trading #7 for Ball is finding a piece of raw gristly steak on the floor and trading your pizza for it because there just might be a way in which you can cook it that would make it delicious and not dirty grimy gristly starting-to-turn-gray meat. Sure, if you could that would be better than cheese pizza. But the overwhelming likelihood is that you won't get pizza and that meat is going to give you food poisoning on top of tasting like crap.

Lol! I agree with this too. I’ve never liked Ball in any capacity and not sure why anyone has any thought he will amount to anything in the NBA
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#305 » by Benedict Miller » Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 am

Mattchoo wrote:
Peelboy wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:It's like going to a pizza party.
If you get the last pick you may end up just getting cheese,
But relax dudes ,you know your still getting pizza.

In this analogy, trading #7 for Ball is finding a piece of raw gristly steak on the floor and trading your pizza for it because there just might be a way in which you can cook it that would make it delicious and not dirty grimy gristly starting-to-turn-gray meat. Sure, if you could that would be better than cheese pizza. But the overwhelming likelihood is that you won't get pizza and that meat is going to give you food poisoning on top of tasting like crap.

Lol! I agree with this too. I’ve never liked Ball in any capacity and not sure why anyone has any thought he will amount to anything in the NBA

He's a horrible shooter, has confidence issues shooting as well as having a horrible form to his shot causing inconsistencies and hasn't played in a full season yet. With that said, he's very talented as a playmaker, and is a good defender, able to defend multiple positions. The Lakers missed his presence when he went down.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#306 » by Axolotl » Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 am

I went through the thread, and am now convinced that the Bulls should get a supermodel in the first round and pizza in the second.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#307 » by GimmeDat » Wed May 22, 2019 8:09 am

Dresden wrote:Thybulle is plenty of D, not so much 3. He's like a better version of Thabo Sefolosha, who they had for years.

It's a question mark, I'll concede that but in his first three seasons he shot (on average) 38% from 3 (obviously the last year being at 30.5% is a legitimate concern), and he also shot 85% from the FT line, which is a really good rate. I've found his form to be passable as well.

I don't think it's a stretch to see him spotting up at a solid rate in the NBA.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#308 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed May 22, 2019 8:20 am

Jcool0 wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:Cam is the home run we need to swing for.

boom or bust 101

So besides being the #2 high school player what has he shown that would lead you to believe he has any upside? Boom or bust guys aren't ones who were just bad all the time.

He still has all the tools you want a player to have. He creates shots off the dribble, he can pass, and he can shoot. That's the type of player we need. I understand he hasn't shown us much, but lets face it, would we have a chance for a player that can do what he does at 7? He'd be top 3. This pick takes some faith.

I think it's his temperament which kept him from showing his full potential consistently. We have seen glimpses. And from what we've seen in those glimpses, I think he would be a welcome addition considering where we are drafting.

It's go for a boom in a player that matures into a killer and improves considering he's a teenager, or it's a bust and we have Tony Snell that is just a spot up shooter off the bench.

I just think he's much too smooth on the court and effortless. I think Boylen would coach him up. I'm thinking more and more he's going to be an outlier and make us happy as Bulls fans.
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#309 » by Axolotl » Wed May 22, 2019 9:00 am

JohnnyTapwater wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:Cam is the home run we need to swing for.

boom or bust 101

So besides being the #2 high school player what has he shown that would lead you to believe he has any upside? Boom or bust guys aren't ones who were just bad all the time.

He still has all the tools you want a player to have. He creates shots off the dribble, he can pass, and he can shoot.

Yet he didn't do any of those things in college to a degree worth mentioning.

But I wouldn't be terribly upset if the Bulls took Reddish at #7 in this seemingly weak draft. I wouldn't particularly like it either. If he can get his game to click, his ceiling is sky high. It's just that I don't really believe he will get it to click, but considering the players likely to be available at #7, I'd be willing to accept a higher than usual bust factor in the likes of Cam Reddish or Nassir Little.

The Bulls don't need an ok player but someone who makes a difference. That prospect pretty much disappeared when the ping pong balls fell the way they did in the lottery.

On the other hand, there is the route of gradual team building. You draft a quality player, and your team is better. You sign free agents that are better than your current players, and let the worse ones go. You move players who don't fit for players who do and are hopefully better than the ones that are leaving.

Am I describing a treadmill here? Yes indeed. But a well built treadmill team is just a player or two away from a finals appearance. The Warriors dynasty is fading. It is still strong now, but Chronos works relentlessly.

Anyway, the Bulls will draft the player they think benefits the team the most, and I will cheer for that player whoever he is. At the same time though, depending who they decide to draft, I may also be wanting some heads on spikes.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#310 » by R3AL1TY » Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 am

JimmyJammer wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:What's the word on Ty Jerome? Starting to wonder if there's a better PG prospect much later in the draft if Garland is gone before the 7th pick.

You know, there is very little to dislike about Ty as a PG or even as a SG. He passes well and can shoot from deep. It appears he may be a late 1st pick. If he had great athleticism and leaping abilities, he would be a lotto pick.

I think Nickeil Alexander-Walker would be the best alternative to White and Garland in the lotto if you're drafting solely for need at PG.

Wait for the Spurs or the Warriors to draft Nickeil Alexander-Walker and turn him into a stud. When it comes to Ty Jerome, we already have one in Arcidiacono.
Or even Boston may grab him. Couple mocks got Walker at 14. But yeah, it will suck if they come away with none of the lotto projected PGs and they turn out to be studs.

I agree with the Arci being an equivalent to Ty, but Ty is a much better finisher near the basket.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 775

Post#311 » by ThreeMileAllan » Wed May 22, 2019 12:13 pm

VolumePoster wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:Pizza and supermodels FTW....

Yeah, I’d say there’s been some left turns.
What page was the supermodel talk lmao?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#312 » by jStuNNa » Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:
JimmyJammer wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:You know, there is very little to dislike about Ty as a PG or even as a SG. He passes well and can shoot from deep. It appears he may be a late 1st pick. If he had great athleticism and leaping abilities, he would be a lotto pick.

I think Nickeil Alexander-Walker would be the best alternative to White and Garland in the lotto if you're drafting solely for need at PG.

Wait for the Spurs or the Warriors to draft Nickeil Alexander-Walker and turn him into a stud. When it comes to Ty Jerome, we already have one in Arcidiacono.
Or even Boston may grab him. Couple mocks got Walker at 14. But yeah, it will suck if they come away with none of the lotto projected PGs and they turn out to be studs.

I agree with the Arci being an equivalent to Ty, but Ty is a much better finisher near the basket.

Ty seems to be a better passer, with better vision than Arci. Higher IQ as well. No offense to Arci... He has good basketball IQ and is gritty, but Ty seems to see and feel the game in a more advanced way.

I normally like guys with long wingspans and Ty has a very short one... It's negative I believe (shorter than his height). But I still like him a lot. Honestly, more than Coby White.
CoreyVillains
Head Coach
And1: 1,806

Post#313 » by CoreyVillains » Wed May 22, 2019 1:43 pm

Coby White Defensive Game Tape vs NC State
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#314 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm

After the honeymoon stage, Isn't Coby White just Antonio Blakeney on this team?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,040

Post#315 » by Chi town » Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 pm

If we can’t trade up for Garland and Culver doesn’t drop then I’m all in on trading back for 2 firsts.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,938

Post#316 » by Dresden » Wed May 22, 2019 2:54 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:After the honeymoon stage, Isn't Coby White just Antonio Blakeney on this team?

A lot more hair.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#317 » by VolumePoster » Wed May 22, 2019 2:58 pm

ThreeMileAllan wrote:
VolumePoster wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:Pizza and supermodels FTW....

Yeah, I’d say there’s been some left turns.
What page was the supermodel talk lmao?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It got pretty deep. You should read it. We debated whether or not it was better to love a supermodel with platinum hair and gossamer lips vs a woman of integrity and honor who can push pace and hit the corner 3. But in the end people were just as enchanted with a wicked handle as they were with intelligence and inner kindness. At some point a pizza party was involved though I’m uncertain whether it was love or basketball being compared to it. Then the pizza analogy was extended to involve poorly cooked steak. Summer league cannot come soon enough.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#318 » by bearadonisdna » Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Axolotl wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

He still has all the tools you want a player to have. He creates shots off the dribble, he can pass, and he can shoot.

Yet he didn't do any of those things in college to a degree worth mentioning.

But I wouldn't be terribly upset if the Bulls took Reddish at #7 in this seemingly weak draft. I wouldn't particularly like it either. If he can get his game to click, his ceiling is sky high. It's just that I don't really believe he will get it to click, but considering the players likely to be available at #7, I'd be willing to accept a higher than usual bust factor in the likes of Cam Reddish or Nassir Little.

The Bulls don't need an ok player but someone who makes a difference. That prospect pretty much disappeared when the ping pong balls fell the way they did in the lottery.

On the other hand, there is the route of gradual team building. You draft a quality player, and your team is better. You sign free agents that are better than your current players, and let the worse ones go. You move players who don't fit for players who do and are hopefully better than the ones that are leaving.

Am I describing a treadmill here? Yes indeed. But a well built treadmill team is just a player or two away from a finals appearance. The Warriors dynasty is fading. It is still strong now, but Chronos works relentlessly.

Anyway, the Bulls will draft the player they think benefits the team the most, and I will cheer for that player whoever he is. At the same time though, depending who they decide to draft, I may also be wanting some heads on spikes.

Would have replied to jtapwatwer but he seems to not need selling on cam.
This vid points out mouth watering strengths and debilitating weaknesses.
8'10 standing reach and still referred to as a guard

At some point I think the bulls would be lucky if he fell to 7.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#319 » by Red Larrivee » Wed May 22, 2019 3:28 pm

JohnnyTapwater wrote:After the honeymoon stage, Isn't Coby White just Antonio Blakeney on this team?

Not even remotely close.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#320 » by BahamaBull » Wed May 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Im very high on both White and Hunter but...If Im GarPax I will go for a home run and grab the french kid Sekou Doumbouya. Kid can ball and just had a breakout game last weekend for Limoges. Huge upside (i mean huuuuuuge) and still 18 years old.

Return to Chicago Bulls