Image ImageImage Image

Realistic higher end FA targets

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Re: Realistic higher end FA targets 

Post#121 » by MeloRoseNoah » Thu May 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Red8911 wrote:
BullsInBuffalo wrote:Brogdon makes so much sense to me,m...

KC is saying that Brogdon might be available since Giannis will most likely get the super max next summer so that could hurt the Bucks cap space.

Idk how I feel about brogdon,he’s obviously a good solid young player and would be an upgrade but he isn’t going to be cheap. Is it worth getting him for let’s say 15 mil or higher? Is he the type of PG that’s missing? Again he would be an upgrade so wouldn’t mind that move.

I would prefer the cheaper and shorter contract moves though. Meaning bringing in multiple guys like Beverley, Lopez,Taj,Rose and not wasting all the cap space on one player unless it’s someone like Jimmy or Kemba.

Brogdon value at 15 is about his market value. But, if we want to get him, we need to offer him 20 mil. If we make it front loaded with the last years of his contract being in the 15-16 mils/yr, it should be fine.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#122 » by Red Larrivee » Thu May 23, 2019 10:14 pm

If you can get Brogdon at $14-16M annually, it's a good deal. It's that's an even better deal for Milwaukee and they will likely match. You have to offer something that will make Milwaukee reconsider. Unfortunately, if you're nosediving into the $20M's then you're probably going to regret it yourself.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#123 » by sco » Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Red8911 wrote:
BullsInBuffalo wrote:Brogdon makes so much sense to me,m...

KC is saying that Brogdon might be available since Giannis will most likely get the super max next summer so that could hurt the Bucks cap space.

Idk how I feel about brogdon,he’s obviously a good solid young player and would be an upgrade but he isn’t going to be cheap. Is it worth getting him for let’s say 15 mil or higher? Is he the type of PG that’s missing? Again he would be an upgrade so wouldn’t mind that move.

I would prefer the cheaper and shorter contract moves though. Meaning bringing in multiple guys like Beverley, Lopez,Taj,Rose and not wasting all the cap space on one player unless it’s someone like Jimmy or Kemba.

Brogdon value at 15 is about his market value. But, if we want to get him, we need to offer him 20 mil. If we make it front loaded with the last years of his contract being in the 15-16 mils/yr, it should be fine.

I'd go higher than $20 if I had to. I just don't see a big opportunity cost for the difference. I don't see nearly the downside risk as Zach had. Brogdon has demonstrated a higher skill level (i.e. 2-way and 50-40-90) and, while battling plantar fasciitis - it isn't an ACL tear.
:clap:
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,593

Post#124 » by Jimako10 » Thu May 23, 2019 11:40 pm

I think someone will overpay for Brogdon and give him 4/100. He's got shooting, IQ, can guard 1-3, handle, and best of all, he's only 26 so that contract would be his entire peak prime. I can easily see Dallas or Phoenix giving him a max contract. Having said that, I think Milwaukee will still match.

Return to Chicago Bulls